New 2/4/15 - [Videos] WvW & Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

nooooooooooo. Amins, as mentioned in the other thread. sad to see you go. thanks for all the fun vids as well.

know that you can always come back. :PP and all best in your future gaming (and IRL) endavours!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

So I hadn’t log’d on in 40 days. Needed a break, was super jaded over what has/is our class and the balance around it…

Came back a couple days after the patch to see what was in store. Made a few changes to my builds and here’s what I got.

My Zealous Defender build is a bit more tanky and less GC, and figure’d it’s time to give it out since there was a slight buff to Meditations…

10/19 New Vid: Zealous Defender ~Updated~

Old Build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHbjfUW_vk ****** Guide at 4:50

Updated ZD Build: http://intothemists.com/guides/1538-zealous_defender

Also – a fun 3v8 captured:

10/21 New Vid: 3v8

There still needs to be a ton of things to be updated and although the video has some neat stuff in it, you’ll clearly be able to pick out why I was able to do what I did…

EDIT: I cleaned up the front page and updated all the build links.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hi Amins. Nice videos. Honestly, “I” believe you could be butt naked and still win most of the fights you engage in.

Nice has always. You find out who that other player was at the beginning?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

nice, Amins. good to see you back in action. though, really nothing to write home about, huh.

nice JI stomp. ; )) i still haven’t come across the oportunity to do that yet. XDD

[added]
that 3(4 ; )))v8 fight was AWESOME. great display of movement, locking down and focus fire as well as branching off when need be. i was pretty darn pumped when that charr warr got put down!! but then of course, sneaky house gets thrown down. lol.

also, good to see strong use of the shield as well. heh, surprised your down #2 and shield #5 pretty much knocked every single person away. that never happens when i fight. : (( lol

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by akamon.2769)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Thanks Crapgame.

Yeah Akamon, the fight would have been completely different if they had just 1 person w/ Stability, Mist Form or Shadowstep stomping… guess they were just on cooldowns the whole 16 mins.. lol

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Another entertaining video Amins – glad you are back in the blue bubble!

nice JI stomp. ; )) i still haven’t come across the oportunity to do that yet. XDD

You’ve got no thieves/mesmers on your server? :O
Nothing beats a good telestomping… well almost nothing

The one I haven’t managed myself yet is the Ele mist form tele stomp, that requires better timing than I have achieved yet.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Tarsius…I don’t know what to make of that video – Lol. I mean, the connection of telestomping and putting it with that video

in Guardian

akamon.2769

@Tarsius – lol. well-played.

and to answer your question, it’s either bad timing on my part cause when they do port, my JI is on CD. :// and when it’s up, there’ll usually be 5 other teammates DPS-ing them down. ONE OF THESE DAYS!

@Amins – heh, forgot those too! they did mistform and stealth when they needed to not die themselves though ; )) so one could argue, good playing on your part again lol

either way, fun fight!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Tried out the new ZD build. Though I had to get creative with gear since I don’t own celestial and didn’t feel like investing in it. After using a mix of PVT/Knight’s/Zerker/Cleric I achieved pretty similar stats. Big difference is I used traveler runes for the extra solo roam mobility.

I have to say, so far I really enjoyed the build. The amount of healing is quite staggering. I had a 3-5 minute fight last night with a condi warrior and was able to outlast him with this build. Was really impressed. The damage is something I am getting use to coming from a high burst build. But the sustain to damage ratio is really quite nice.

I will keep trying your build, so far I’m enjoying it. Other thing I prefer is Contemplation of Purity over Merciful Intervention, since it adds another stun breaker. <— Really key versus stun warriors. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: also how important is the healing power from the GS to this build?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

(edited by Cat Has Ducks.1982)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Tried out the new ZD build. Though I had to get creative with gear since I don’t own celestial and didn’t feel like investing in it. After using a mix of PVT/Knight’s/Zerker/Cleric I achieved pretty similar stats. Big difference is I used traveler runes for the extra solo roam mobility.

I have to say, so far I really enjoyed the build. The amount of healing is quite staggering. I had a 3-5 minute fight last night with a condi warrior and was able to outlast him with this build. Was really impressed. The damage is something I am getting use to coming from a high burst build. But the sustain to damage ratio is really quite nice.

I will keep trying your build, so far I’m enjoying it. Other thing I prefer is Contemplation of Purity over Merciful Intervention, since it adds another stun breaker. <— Really key versus stun warriors. Keep up the good work!

EDIT: also how important is the healing power from the GS to this build?

When I’m running w/ friends I’ll use MI becuase it’s a nice way to support them and w/ 60% -Condi Duration, Generosity & Smite… it’s usually enough unless you get bomb’d on and then, well… you’re bomb’d on and running anyhow! lol

Outside of that, yeah COP is WAY better if you’re out alone or w/ a teammate who can sustain themselves w/ their own healing.

I like GS because I"m a big fan of “Every little bit helps” and a Symbol / WW combo in a grp of people 2-3 (w/ kittens on average) is,well… [Whir(25*5)3]3 (symbol)= 1050 health every 20s. So not bad.

Your Base healing is:

1) Symbol/WW combo → 1050 / 20s (minimum, you can get 2 WW’s off) (52.5 hps)
2) Aegis Heal → 850/40s (21.25 hps)
3) Dodge Roll → 700/6s (116.66 hps)
4) Smite → 2100 / 16s (131.25 hps)
5) MI → 2100 / 40s (52.5 hps)
6) JI → 2100 / 36s (58.33 hps)
5) VoR →84/3s (28 hps)

Totaling 460.49 HPS or 29,129.4 HPM.

Now, this doesn’t take into accounts Virtue Bombs nor Healing Utility nor Elite… You obviously will get in 1 extra VOR (plus the regen) & VOC every 90s + Healings Utility.

Whats sad is if you look at my other post about the Shout Warrior, they’re sitting at over 98k HPM and an additional 21k HPM for their teammates…. LOL

WHATEVER ANET.

FYI… if you just Auto w/ the GS, that’s 75 hp1.5s or 3000 hpm(minute)

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Thanks for the reply. That is a lot of info. Really appreciate it. I’m still getting use to the build, so I will see how the GS keeps treating me. Will report back how it all goes. Keep up the good work.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

Thanks for the basic idea, Amins. I took the 20 out of Zeal and put 10 into Honor and Virtues. I feel the damage isn’t drastically different (more sustained than, burst, though) and I get a little more survivability. Overall I’m having a lot of fun with the general idea, though.

Anno [GAF] – SBI

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Hi Amins, others. Just wanted to ask a few more questions now that I watched the video again and looked at the build.

I see Knights chest and legs. Why legs? I thought I read somewhere when others asked similar questions it has to do with stat distribution? Maybe I answered my own question – lol.

I see 1 hand mace used. Just time and place or you use all (I’m guessing here since I recall you running hammer before I thought).

Why clerics stats on weapons or is that to bump healing stats and leave accessories / armor for better choice? The stat distribution some of you pick is pretty neat. I really don’t get into that level of detail which is why I guess I was asking the question. I guess it is a comfort level you find over time in what you are willing to give up in order to dps a bit more. Survive vs. output.

Thanks for sharing and good job on the video.

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

This is my version of your build using the trinkets I already had, and mixing other armor types to get similar stats. The big differences, are I don’t have -Condition Time, because I like traveler runes and am too cheap to buy lemongrass. Big gain, is 25% movement speed. Tell me your thoughts, and how important is that -Condition Time to this build. I have been running without it so far. But in larger 3vX type fights, I may want it….

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAsdRlUgaDHHSNEfIFRugKFx7e4Hw41DIGxGC-jQDBYfBCbBk+AkKIQJPJL7RQMBCtMsIasKGYqSQKVDp2bIauEDpWIABLAA-e

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Nice vid OP.

However, I can’t see myself ever taking a meditation build into PvE. Shouts and consecrations are just too good. =S

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Nice vid OP.

However, I can’t see myself ever taking a meditation build into PvE. Shouts and consecrations are just too good. =S

You really need to try it. 3 skills that give 2k+ healing, plus your actual healing skill. Add dodge heals, and GS heals just for fun. On top of that, you get fury for those meditations, and condi removal from 2 of the meds plus stun breakers from 2 of the meds.

The amount of things this build does is really impressive. I have a few recording of me demolishing some bad hammer Warriors. But I’m waiting to upload a video when I find some skilled people to duel. Don’t know why I run into so many bad warriors. People will just laugh at my video saying all I do is fight bads, but that’s all I find being a solo roamer in the silver league on a server getting their B’s kicked (DB)

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Nice vid OP.

You really need to try it. 3 skills that give 2k+ healing, plus your actual healing skill. Add dodge heals, and GS heals just for fun. On top of that, you get fury for those meditations, and condi removal from 2 of the meds plus stun breakers from 2 of the meds.

The amount of things this build does is really impressive. I have a few recording of me demolishing some bad hammer Warriors. But I’m waiting to upload a video when I find some skilled people to duel. Don’t know why I run into so many bad warriors. People will just laugh at my video saying all I do is fight bads, but that’s all I find being a solo roamer in the silver league on a server getting their B’s kicked (DB)

The problem is that healing is pretty weak compared to reflections and might stacking, which is something you get with consecrations.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Hi Amins, others. Just wanted to ask a few more questions now that I watched the video again and looked at the build.

I see Knights chest and legs. Why legs? I thought I read somewhere when others asked similar questions it has to do with stat distribution? Maybe I answered my own question – lol.

I see 1 hand mace used. Just time and place or you use all (I’m guessing here since I recall you running hammer before I thought).

Why clerics stats on weapons or is that to bump healing stats and leave accessories / armor for better choice? The stat distribution some of you pick is pretty neat. I really don’t get into that level of detail which is why I guess I was asking the question. I guess it is a comfort level you find over time in what you are willing to give up in order to dps a bit more. Survive vs. output.

Hey Crapgame,

- Chest/Legs = More Toughness & Precision. My goal was 25% Crit Chace Base & 3k Armor.

- I love mace/focus. I posted the bomb video back in jan/feb (12k hits one) and just fell in love w/ the burst. This was the first vid I posted of the full combo… that’s all that was really. The dmg would have been much, much higher if I was in the origional ZD build…

- Clerics → +healing. Base 550.

Cheers,

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Glaucs.1546

Glaucs.1546

I tried the new ZD build out last night in a small ops group and it worked quite well. I was surprised by how strong the burst healing could be. Conditions weren’t bad with the hoelbrak runes + lemongrass and smite conditions. Didn’t even have much trouble with conditions at a few zerg fights at Bay.

Moreover, I found MI to be great for our small group running around the ruins; it saved me when I got caught a few times, sometimes with hilarious results. Leap of Faith => Flashing Blade => MI on teammate is a lot of distance. I would distract the enemies allowing our group to disengage from a fight and, using this combo, I would still be able to escape myself. I also discovered that if you are at one of the ruins controlled by your server, MI will port you up to the cannon build site if there is no one else around; this saved me from a zerg invading NW ruins and left most of the zerg running in circles trying to find me.

The biggest downside to the build I found was the lack of swiftness. I would swap in staff when I knew I wasn’t going to get attacked but I didn’t want to run with it too much just in case I got jumped. Running with guild-mates mostly negated this but running back to the ruins after a death or running to reinforce Bay on my own was slow.

Overall it was quite fun for small ops and roaming. Might not be great for bigger groups but I’ll probably play it this weekend for our guild WvW night to see how it performs.

[REV] Revel
Blackgate NA
Guardian – Elementalist

in Guardian

Amins.3710

With this build, you will earn the title: Driveling Devourer of Ambients

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

:DD i did notice you don’t ALWAYS kill the ambients.
i do try my best to be JUST out of range of sword 2 or JI when i traverse the lands of the mists. lolol

@Cat – i’ve used both – condition duration, as well as traveler for the 25% and if yuo had to choose one, it’s a hard trade-off. like you said, you could use traveler runes for 25% speed, which is nice when roaming or small group. and then use – cond duration food. it can get pricey but i do think it’s worth it. there will be times you may be caught with your condi cleanse medi’s on CD and the – condi duraiton does make a notable difference from my experiences.

if you don’t go traveler i used to swap staff, drop 3 and swap back to hammer or GS immediately. but i have been caught with staff and stuck in combat.. ://

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

nothing annoys me more than when the warrior infront of you kills an ambient you’re about to port to – I keep them alive when I can, you never know when you need them ;-)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Hey Crapgame,

- Chest/Legs = More Toughness & Precision. My goal was 25% Crit Chace Base & 3k Armor.

- I love mace/focus. I posted the bomb video back in jan/feb (12k hits one) and just fell in love w/ the burst. This was the first vid I posted of the full combo… that’s all that was really. The dmg would have been much, much higher if I was in the origional ZD build…

- Clerics -> +healing. Base 550.

Cheers,

Thanks Amins. I figured there was a good reason. Appreciate the time and it is good to see a fellow server member help out the community. I may have pieces of armor around to try it out. What typically happens to me though is that I’m so used to the play style and comfort of a heavy Clerics/Healaway build that when I go DPS builds I usually die quick.

Not sure how you guys/gals do the whole DPS thing in WvW because I end up just mindlessly running into any number of players which typically ends in a quick death Its like I don’t have any form of a governor / limit / or patience and that isn’t GW2’s fault – lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Another entertaining video Amins – glad you are back in the blue bubble!

You’ve got no thieves/mesmers on your server? :O
Nothing beats a good telestomping… well almost nothing

The one I haven’t managed myself yet is the Ele mist form tele stomp, that requires better timing than I have achieved yet.

rofl, that video is hilarious, love it!
now to fit a charr in there ._.

Ele / Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

Funny 3vs8. Nice Vid.

Glad to have u back, Amins

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Thanks Nevhie

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

how fun would it be if a bunch of us could play ont he same server, and run an all Guardian small-med group

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

how fun would it be if a bunch of us could play ont he same server, and run an all Guardian small-med group

Just imagine 2*shout and JI guardians with 2*water and 4*ruby orbs with traited PoV and 5 points in virtues. Ofc full berserker.

One guardian goes healway (ofc in berserker) and triple shout with retreat.

With SyG and HtL on the four others it would mean 100% uptime on:
Stability
Retaliation
Protection
Regen
Swiftness

And 21 aoe condi removal with an average cd of 26 seconds. The meta just changed. :-)

Count me in, i will even buy a US account and live with high latency to do that. Can roll the healway/boonduration if you like.

Where do i sign up?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

Whoaa Amins Replied my comment. So Happy…..

Hey Amins i need ur opinion.

So i have my friend, Frontliner Guardian with Hammer + X. X Normally depend on P Size. Either Scepter(Duo) or GS(3++ Team). Normally i run with 2Guardians, 3Man Party. Me as Hitter, 1x Tank Role and 1x Support Role. On Prev Patch Pure Of Voice[PoV] removed 2condis/ shout so my Healer and my Tank bring Protection Shout and Stability Shout. The last slot of Utils are Blink for Frontliner and Wall of Reflect for Healer. Using this setup Condis is not really a problem. As Hitter my self i also bring Arcane Thievery. Steal 3boons from enemy and give 3condis on u to that enemy or sometimes Null field depend on my mood.

Then ANET Fix the PoV. Now become only 1condi/shout. From 8condis removal every 26s now only 4. A huge loss. So i changed my Frontliner Guard utils become Blink, Save ur self, Stability and my HEaler become Purging, Stability, Protection. As Golden Rule of any MMORPG in pvp “Always kill the easiest target first” That’s mean enemy always try to kill me 1st. So my Frontliner need to wait until i got condi bombed then Saveurself so far this setup still good for Condis in Team Play.

So about this Frontliner Guardian. The only shout affected by PoV Only Stability. So 1condi removal Team/ 24s. So do u think it’s worth to keep the PoV? My Guardian has 56% Condi dura reduction from Hoel 20% + Food 36%.

My option if i remove Pov.
1. Aegis heal on removal [Vit trait]
2. Blind Gives Vul [Precision Trait]
3. Reta last Longer? [Special Trait]

If u have better advice i will gladly hear it. Thx for reading

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Count me in, i will even buy a US account and live with high latency to do that. Can roll the healway/boonduration if you like.

Where do i sign up?

Is your latency really that high? Seems a lot of the top U.S. servers have a high Oceanic/EMEA/APJ population. Amins is on U.S. / Ebay. I’m also there and I’m game. I’m not in the same league as you guys but I’ll play support and if nothing else take one for the team

We should all roll Asura’s to boot. Call the guild something like Asura Uprising – lol. Sadly we could have pulled this off last year when they allowed guesting and WvW Now not so much.

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Hmm… DB is matched up with EB on Friday. Would love to duel Amins, and see how I stack up.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I dont’ duel

This is WvW!

But I"ll keep an eye out for ya [Lg]. /grin

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I don’t mind a 1v2 or 1v3 it make ya feel better.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Going by the “Which server has the coolest name” policy – Sanctum of Rall gets my vote

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

welcome back btw and cool vid

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Thanks Silentstorm =]

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Couple more vids… ZD & Support.

Just me having fun as always….

One

Two

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

akamon.2769

haha come come to SoR! you’d all be more than welcome.
though i will admit, good small fights are far and few between. : ((

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

We’re gonna hang onto him akamon

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Couple more vid’s of the ZD Build in Action:

A Ruins Skirmish

A Fun 3v9+6

Also, everyone once in awhile, being a guardian and all, we just like to see Green Numbers

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

wait, what do green numbers mean? XDDD

good stuff, buddy.
Guardians unite! fight the good fight!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

I think he means the regen numbers?

How long does your might last with Hoelbreak, and how much better are the ascended celestial trinkets over zerk ones?

in Guardian

Amins.3710

RE: Naii

20% longer… =]

25% with Runes+5 Virtues…

‘Better’ is relative. I think the question you’re asking is rather: “If I like a more glassier build, how much will I ‘loose’ by going Celestial vs my current Zerker….”, correct?

You’ll loose damage but gain more survivability… =]

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Those were some fun fights =D

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Hi Amins, great job but expected from your caliber of play Seriously though, I wish more played in the ruins like in your video. So much potential in there with varying degrees of terrain. Yet if one roams in there say vs. taking points on the map you don’t get any credit outside blood lust. That is great at all, but if you are going for season or other things nothing counts Great concept but a wee bit short on execution.

Liked seeing you use shield. I think it is a great off hand but man the cool downs can be painful

Thanks for sharing.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Yeah, the cooldowns on Shield/Focus are too long…. especially shield.

It was/is a simple fix really… if you’re n the center of the point (holding the point) AND have a bloodlust buff, you should get a % of the flips on a the map…

short sighted, but whatever.

Cheers,

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Also, everyone once in awhile, being a guardian and all, we just like to see Green Numbers

Necro PoV for these two fights with some of the comm chatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5crjLiFCRs

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Necro PoV for these two fights with some of the comm chatter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5crjLiFCRs

You know Oozo, that was brilliant. Showing another point of view to the same fight. Good job and go EB! Although yet another high populated Oceanic server we are facing – lol.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Glassier ZD Build Also posted the link to this build on the first page. This is what I run w/ a Mace/Focus + Hammer. It’s not really anything like the ZD build… I dunno why I put that in there tbh… lazy i guess!

I usually swap out Aegis heal for Writ.. just depends on how I feel.

Fun Fight w/ Standard ZD Build

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

First segment is why EB is a great server. Out numbered you still fought and took a number of them out. I’m sure they are embarrassed Sadly it also goes to show why the top 8 will remain the top 8 – numbers.

I’ve actually been toying with your standard ZD build although using mace/sword and shield. I’ll swap from GS to Staff depending on whom I am with. It is interesting but I die a ton more due to the lack of safety blanket with clerics Some moments I feel great, more often than not, not so much – lol.

I don’t see you much in EB and judging from most of your video’s you are on the outer maps? Reason or just like it better? Standard map gets a bit, well, baby’ish for lack of a real word. Great video again, and play. Thanks for sharing. Oh – “We are going to die!” was funny.