New 2/4/15 - [Videos] WvW & Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

heh, great videos again, Amins! i’ve been messing with something similar to your glassier ZD build. definitely takes some getting used to again after having played more “tanky” builds. but always in good fun!D

loved how you two in the first vid kept punting the downed lol. it’s always too much fun.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Aminz, the last few vids have contained the right amount of Dynnen =D
And 8k hammer crit? LAWD HAVE MERCAY

in Guardian

akamon.2769

:DD i usually watch on my mobile (yes, i know, doesn’t do it justice…) so usually can’t make out most of the fine details… that was you, Dynnen??

i really need to come and play with you guys. heh.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Very unorganized and sloppy gameplay on either side of the zerg. All people did was group on whoever overextended and try to chip in enough dmg to tag the enemy before going down.
Im not impressed with clips.

Try to include 1vX or even 3vX, but not this kind of gameplay.

Sorry if im being blunt but I don’t like sugar-coating things or stroking egos.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Hey Hunter. He has several to choose from. I don’t think you are being too blunt but I’ll say Amins isn’t one to have an ego though. Last clip he has is against FA which has you know is one of the top 8 due to their Aussie / Oceanic / Population player base.

If you have time maybe check out his others and maybe that will answer your questions. Maybe not. Then again, anyone who can stall or withstand a incoming sea of red like they did wins.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Hey Hunter. He has several to choose from. I don’t think you are being too blunt but I’ll say Amins isn’t one to have an ego though. Last clip he has is against FA which has you know is one of the top 8 due to their Aussie / Oceanic / Population player base.

If you have time maybe check out his others and maybe that will answer your questions. Maybe not. Then again, anyone who can stall or withstand a incoming sea of red like they did wins.

Its why I specifically quoted that video. I play on SBI, so I know and have played vs FA

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Very unorganized and sloppy gameplay on either side of the zerg. All people did was group on whoever overextended and try to chip in enough dmg to tag the enemy before going down.
Im not impressed with clips.

Try to include 1vX or even 3vX, but not this kind of gameplay.

Sorry if im being blunt but I don’t like sugar-coating things or stroking egos.

Lol, it’s not like this is his own video. He has a ton of vids like that on his YouTube page. Plus how can you say that the virtue of courage activation to secure the stomp wasn’t clutch?

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Unfortunatly, some people need to have every single video being this ~most epic Green #’s~ or ~most epic 3v8~ or ~most epic 20v60~ ………

Or even ~most epic PvE Dungeon Clear~ (lol, wait… I don’t do PvE)

The reality is, most people post video’s of things as just being “fun” or “Informative”… like…. I didn’t know you could Banish + JI Stomp ~or~ I didn’t know you could Banish + MI Stomp….

It’s unfortunate that people still believe WvW is about the back of the Windmill or 1v1 encounters or even 1v3 encounters which end up being all glass cannon and passing that off as meaning “you’re good”.

For me, it’s about bringing enough dps/burst to a group but not being a liability.. or ~RALLY BOT~.

That has always been what my build(s) have been about.

Also… sometimes, people just like to see a NEW VIDEO that illustrate Bursty AoE~, something that’s not all “Epic”…

Build Used

sometimes…

Anyhoot.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Amins, serious question. Why you no post for 14 days?!

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Amins, serious question. Why you no post for 14 days?!

Because I said someone was drunk…. and the forum mod’s took offense… and now I’m on Flood Patrol…er, I mean….Flood Control: Please Wait 1800s….

True Story.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I guess with this build your offense is almost null?

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Would depend on what you consider offense….

My Staff & Symbols were crit’n for 800’s and 500 average hit. Orb would still crit for 1.2k.

Not too shabby for a support build, no? Did you watch the video?

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I did. But is it enough in a battle?

Considering the huge amount of damage other classes do, I’m wondering if it’s really worth healing in this game. Don’t you find yourself in situations where whatever you do, the ennemy will just out-damage your healing and think “I should have done a pure dps build”?

I’m asking because I like healing but to me it seems our level of healing isn’t high enough compared to the damage we’re losing.

(edited by Zanshin.5379)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Considering the huge amount of damage other classes do, I’m wondering if it’s really worth healing in this game. Don’t you find yourself in situations where whatever you do, the ennemy will just out-damage your healing and think “I should have done a pure dps build”?

I’m asking because I like healing but to me it seems our level of healing isn’t high enough compared to the damage we’re losing.

Ignore the traditional meta of healing and tanking since it doesn’t really apply in this game. Rather focus on support and what the build offers to party members.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Hi Amins. You may have already discussed it but what sort of build did you run in that video? Also, thanks for sharing has always.

Edit. Please ignore my lack of coffee this morning or reading ability. I missed it in the comment section for some reason.

Edit. Question. Do you use the celestial accessories on all builds? I’m trying to decide if I want to invest in them since I am swapping armor and weapons a lot trying to find a comfort build and it seems like it would be smarter to use those. Figured I’d ask.

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

If you’re talking 1v1’s, no, it won’t bring enough DPS / Mobility to roam with.

If you’re paired up w/ any class that has decent dps and you learn to ~coordinate & /assist~ each other, the dps is fine. If you notice in the video, our target (guy w/ target over head) is the player we all focus on when we’re dps’n and once 2 -3 of us get on that player after kiting our attackers around, they go down.

That’s what it means to assist in a team. “In the old days” we asked who was our “Main Assist”… meaning, when we’re attacking, we’re focus firing on that specific target that the main person choosing the targets is attacking… yes I know, this is sooooo 15 years ago.. but….

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

to sum… 1v1’s, this build ain’t for you.

2vX’s, yep, it’ll work – but with effort.

4vX’s… perfect fit.

Zerg vs Zerg… No, not as good. Effeciency will drop as you don’t have the HP/Condi Removal to soak it up… it would work as a mid – line support and I would change some things around.

If you want to take it 1v1 – make the minor switches and put it into full Healway Spec.

Crapgame: It’s also on the 1st page of this thread… but for ease: Here

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

is the celestial gear worth it?

in Guardian

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

Amins, your buildcrafting ability is admirable, and more importantly, you understand well that guardian is not supposed to be played alone. Got some fresh ideas from you, thanks.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Mistsim – I like the jewelry & weapons. The Guardian class is built to be optimal when it’s doing a little of everything… healing, burning, damage (direct & retal) and dmg soaker.

Having the Celesital Jewelry and Wpns gives a great baseline.

It’s not your “elitism” Min/Max perspective. I have a tendency to let my gameplay compensate for my laziness when it comes to stat efficiency…. could I be better if I took more time w/ the stats… yep, probably. However, I can’t be bothered. =]

Thanks Oren – that’s always been the goal. =] I wish more people posted vid’s. I’d love to see some of the PvE’rs posting their builds… who know’s, maybe I could make em work in WvW.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Awesome fights in them vids!

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Couple New Vid’s:

Bursty #2

I didn’t get a chance yet to watch the other two but I did finish this one. Well played. I actually enjoy the ruins a lot. Can use the landscape to your advantage which you showed a bit although maybe not your intent. I wish they offered up a wee bit more rewards for controlling the points such has loot for those doing it. Oh well.

I have not used the mace in a DPS setting, only with my healing set up. I was watching how you used it trying to figure it out. Maybe I’m just a bonehead but is it a setup weapon since you are also using Hammer?

Thanks has always. I appreciate the time both in making the videos, editing, and of course answering question. Oh, forgot. Like the Beer, brb piece

in Guardian

akamon.2769

@Crapgame – just thinking out loud here – mace/focus + GS is a widely used symbol DPS build in PvP, and i think quite a few use it in WvW as well. the mace, albeit clunky feeling and the innate healing factors tied to it, many see it as a “support only” weapon. quite the contrary, the mace can definitely do a lot of damage. especially with the focus 5 and mace 3 combo – tonz of aoe burst. though the range is short and swings slower.. play aggressively and stick to your target and mace gets very strong. due to to the healing factors, blocks and blind from focus, it can be pretty tanky as well if you need it to be. it’s a great balance between offense and defense imo.

pairing it up with the hammer makes it even more tanky and the cc you get from the hammer can help you utilize your symbols more, which do a ton of damage as well.

@Amins/Dynnen et al – i would actually love to come over and fight with you guys one of these days. if you’d have me of course. seems too much fun.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Also using VoJ (blind trait) with SoW helps to make sure it hits instead of blocking.

Sorry to hijack thread Amins. As always love the videos.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Thanks Akamon, Blasino. Makes sense after you explained it. Like I mentioned I’ve never used it in that form. Always support and when I get caught with it out it never ends has well as Amins videos

Oh, forgot to add Amins. Your avatar/Asura reminded me of Sonic the Hedgehog every time with that helm graphic. I don’t mean that in a mean way, I just sort of giggled a bit because that is what image came to mind.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

@Crapgame – Mace can pump out some really good numbers. I’ve seen the 3’rd chain on #1 hitin the 5k range. Bascially what Akamon said. The burst potential for a Mace/Focus could possible be the highest we have – Don’t discount Ray of Judgement in there either -> SoW+Symbol+JI -> Blind (Ray+VoJ) + Protectors /wpn swap

@Akamon – red rover red rover.

@Blasino – Absolutely. PS – Hijacks welcomed.

New Vid – GN #6

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

that is old school. trip down memory lane for me hearing those ahha.
i already like you, Amins. but i like you more now lol. /no creep

will have serious thoughts about this! maybe for like a week or so :PP

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Pay my way over and Ill come fight for a week! :P

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Nice vids as always.

If you guys ever move to the same server please let me know and i will buy a US copy and team up with you for an hour a week or so. Cant do more than that with a newborn and a business to take care of.

Would be really nice to try out a guardian comp in wvw.

in Guardian

akamon.2769

haha, guys. this is so enticing lol.

if anything, i’d probs do it for a week as well. so Brutaly, donno if you’d want to invest all that. though, definitely worth looking into!

i can only imagine how fun a Guardian small ops team could be.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

This sounds like an awesome idea…

vT

in Guardian

akamon.2769

o wait. real quick, when are your play times? lol i am SEA. :///
i was honored enough to play alongside Blas a few times, heh. too few though.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Im in, if people just commit to participating its worth a new account, even for a couple of hours gameplay.

So who is in? We need at least 5 guardians on a us server and TS. I have a TS we can borrow for this if need be.

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Im always down for some hot Guard on Guard action

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Dynnen, Brutaly and Blasino so far. Bash and Akamon has showed interest. How about Amins!

Btw is it possible to transfer accounts to the US? Can take a break from Eu for a while, i do Tpvp on a second account.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Sounds like fun! Though, Dynnen’s really bad and we’ll all have to carry him. But it’s good to have “A Token Baddie” w/ us.

Brings good luck and all.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Well………………………..

Attachments:

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

its not about begin good. its about having fun. I will be playing with >200 ms ping so….

What server should we join up on?

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

E-bay ofc! Me and Amins are already there

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

I’d be willing to do some running with you guys. Although I don’t know if Dynnen is actually bad (I doubt it though), if you really need someone to laugh at I’m game. Yes, I key turn But I have 4 sets of gear and trait lines to mess with.

Standard healaway, Amin’s ZD hybrid, Burning/condition, and something else that doesn’t really work based off Brutaly’s AH build (I don’t think I had it geared properly)

Of course I’m on EBAY though…Let’s see, other reasons to pick me:

1. I like rabbits
2. I like to roam
3. I play to escape reality
4. I can listen
5. I like Whiskey

hmm…. Did I say I like rabbits? Just kidding, I don’t own rabbits let alone like them. I did have to choose if I wanted to eat one or starve though in survival school

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Ok, we just need a list of people and preferably a set time to play before i transfer.

Amins, Dynnen (I assume we can use your TS), CrapGame, Blasino and me are good to go. That is 5. I take Akamon and Bash for granted which leaves us with 7.

Would be cool with 2-4 more so we get two groups.

What time do you guys usually log on? Need to check when that is in CET.

will play frontline stormtrooper, first in and draw the fire so the dps nerds can get some room to kill. I use staff and hammer as main tools and swap to scepter+focus/ and hammer for burst and for build in stacks on kill.

If you are serious about your guardian this is an opportunity that cant be missed.

Comp wise i think we should aim for perma retal, swiftness, protection and at least 3 WoR and 2-4 fire fields and 2-4 staff guardians. So baiscally we need at least 2 guardians with >45% boon duration.

Would be nice if we could mix in some poison and weakness as well but it might be boring for the one having that job.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Blasino.3128

Might be a good idea to hold off until after the holidays.

vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Yeah, I wouldn’t count me in. I suck at farming gold and having 2 kids + christmas + saving up to buy a house next year means very very little spending money. Plus I would need to be able to transfer back to blackgate -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Was going to ask Amins do you think your ZD build will change much due to the changes? I run it but with a bit different armor due to what I had available(citadel runes for example).

in Guardian

Amins.3710

My issue w/ the ZD build is that it does NOTHING for my team, respectively.

And that just sucks.

Meditations should:
1) Heal Allies if Traited.
2) Provide the Boon/Utilities to Allies if Traited (Fury / Condi Wipe).

• Med’s should also provide swiftness OR cripple/chill.

It’s a fun, bursty build but if a buddy is in trouble.. not much you can do for them.

Healing has increased slightly, as I see 40’s regularly now instead of 26’s. I still don’t like the new mediation heal. I’m “Forcing” myself to keep it on the bar, looking for some hidden gem within the minds of the devs… but ya know, I think they’re gem-less when it comes to anything outside of ZvZ in WvW.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

My issue w/ the ZD build is that it does NOTHING for my team, respectively.

Yeah, that is true and I agree 100% (you may have even said it before somewhere in the thread). It is just my go-to trait line when I’m playing around in the ruins solo.

in Guardian

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

been running a bursty meditation build since the patch hit. it’s a lot of fun, but very much a one-trick pony. as you said, it doesnt do much for my team other than guarantee kills whenever JI is up (assuming i use hammer/s/f). i wanted to like the meditation heal, but it just doesnt heal enough even with a bursty build.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Does hammer work with meditations? Well, I mean work well I guess is what I should be asking. I’ve always used GS/Sword and Focus.

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

In roaming I’m of the opinion that if u run hammer, u have to run JI.