New 2/4/15 - [Videos] WvW & Builds

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

In roaming I’m of the opinion that if u run hammer, u have to run JI.

I run with JI but never tired the hammer. So what is the idea? JI to target, hammer 5, to cc if possible, then start with 1, 2, etc?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Pretty much, you start pre-casting hammer 5, then right before it finishes you JI ontop of your target it and watch them run into it right off the bat. Assuming they have no stability at that point I will banish them into the wall, MB, then zealots embrace them before RoW comes down. Then weapon switch and use my next burst skill. At least that is how I personally used to play roaming hammer.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Although I can’t make promises on my availability over the holidays – you have my sword if I’m around.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkedge.5064

Darkedge.5064

Hi there
i also made my own Version of Zeleous Defender Build.
What do u guys think about it.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUQQNAR8enQEFHaaIuhwHiiIXQli4dP8DV86BEjYDB-j0BBYLBCdBO7pIaslhFRjVXDT5KyaYCpCBwaMA-w

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

In roaming I’m of the opinion that if u run hammer, u have to run JI.

I run with JI but never tired the hammer. So what is the idea? JI to target, hammer 5, to cc if possible, then start with 1, 2, etc?

U actually start casting Hammer 5, then JI in the middle of the cast. You appear on top of the target (as long as ur in range ofc) and then drop the ring around them after you appear. Another trick is hammer 3 into a JI to get a long distance root.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Personally i almost never use 5 with JL. I use focus 4 and MB and time with JL. Easy 10 k damage. I dont know how many fights i turned around with that. Just start to run away and dodging and they never see it coming either since you have your back against them. Hysterical but a one trick pony.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Depends on the situation… if you’re w/ a group – JI + RoW is better as it will allow for more burst from all members.

If you’re by yourself or w/ just 1 other person, focus + MB is better.

The single biggest problem w/Guardian burst is it’s gimmicky.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Depends on the situation… if you’re w/ a group – JI + RoW is better as it will allow for more burst from all members.

This might get infracted but Imma go for it anyway…YOUR FACE IS GIMMICKY!

in Guardian

Amins.3710

This might get infracted but Imma go for it anyway…YOUR FACE IS GIMMICKY!

Infract him plz!

I take offense to this.

Wait, thread might get locked… off topic.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I’m a big fan of GS #5 into JI. Grab 5 people, have party AoE burst them down.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

lollll.

agreed that a ton of skills with JI is really fun. but depends on the situation. if there’s a lonely ranger or whatever pewpew-ing at a fight down below, JI + Hammer 4 is too much fun. XDD

i’ve been running hammer + mace/focus for a while and i enjoy precast focus 5, then might blow JI, then swap back to mace 3. decent burst.

chasing people hammer 3 + JI is always nice. then if you’re lucky you can even drop a 5 on them to further impeded them.

anyways, regarding Guardian party. i agree, after holidays would probs be best. : )) also, i play during Oceanic time so GMT+8 evenings / night times. so unsure if i’ll actually get to play with u guys :// though i’ve seen and have played with / against Bash or Blas online during those times : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Agreed!

Skills like focus 4 absolutely demands you to either suprise (ambush or running away while popping it with JL) them or be before hand.

Personally i would really like if they shortened the animation on hammer 1 and duration on the symbol and instead of a light field it was a fire field.

This would give us burst capability, not off the bat but over time, and it would also be possible to counter due telegraphed animations on our skills and with boon removers.

But it would be totally OP in pve though.

anyways, regarding Guardian party. i agree, after holidays would probs be best. : )) also, i play during Oceanic time so GMT+8 evenings / night times. so unsure if i’ll actually get to play with u guys :// though i’ve seen and have played with / against Bash or Blas online during those times : ))

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.
Lets pick up this subject after the holidays, i wont let it slide, this would just be to fun to neglect.

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Gimme frost field on hammer OR a trait that causes my symbols to pulse 1 second of chill and Guardian DPS builds will be viable.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Gimme frost field on hammer OR a trait that causes my symbols to pulse 1 second of chill and Guardian DPS builds will be viable.

The only way I’ve got this to work somewhat is when I run a staff. One of mine has the superior sigil of Hydromancy. Works ok upon swap but I don’t always have my staff out. So it has its moments but I like your idea.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Oh, side note. Thanks to everyone who sort of explained how they use JI with hammers or just in general (and not calling me out or poking fun ) I’ve been playing since the open beta weekends and honestly never strung them together with JI. I was, for whatever reason, always assuming they didn’t work together. However, after reading and thinking, then seeing what others do it was one of those palm to forehead moments and followed up with a deep sigh

I tried it a bit last night with my normal ZD build from our buddy Amins and it actually played a lot differently – lol. Oh well, live and learn I guess

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Thats why I say I’m a ‘Deep Strike’ Guardian. I’m always teleporting into their lines or the back of ’em =D

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

JI into the backlines is fun! most skills work with JI with different effects. if you must, i practiced them all in PvE to get the timing down, but meh. not really necessary.

also, i will say hydromancy on both weapon sets in WvW is pretty nice (was hoping the last GH change would have really made a chill buidl viable, but alas). as long as you’re not completely partial towards energy sigils or rely on them to stay in the fight.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

@ Green numbers and random dodges build
If you switch out your runes for 3 monk/3water and food to omnomberry cookie you can increase your healing power, overall boon duration, and vitality.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Guardian

Amins.3710

@ Green numbers and random dodges build
If you switch out your runes for 3 monk/3water and food to omnomberry cookie you can increase your healing power, overall boon duration, and vitality.

Yes, but at the cost of a 3rd source of Regen (8.5s) which heals for about 2.3k every 30-40s.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Hi All, Amins. Wanted to ask sort of a silly question on the healer version you have but I think the answer may be it depends on play style What happens if you find that you don’t use a 2 handed weapon has much. One could swap out two handed mastery to say something maybe more supportive to the group? Like maybe Writ of the Merciful or Persistence? One heals I think and the other symbols last longer? Although standing still in a large fight isn’t really that smart, just wondering though.

Also another question on the ZD / DPS build. Have you given it much thought in regards to ascended gear or maybe a order? Helm and coat seem to be a higher state wise for DPS with the extra crit and then the weapon. But still not sure if the Guardian is a crit type player say like an elementalist. So boots, cloves, or shoulders or legs?

Hope all is well.

in Guardian

Stand The Wall.6987

Your regen is already perma’d at 50% boon duration. Doesnt make sense to have another source of regen that is potentially doing nothing.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Your regen is already perma’d at 50% boon duration. Doesnt make sense to have another source of regen that is potentially doing nothing.

Does if I’m not thinking about myself….

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Stand The Wall.6987

Heresy.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

… What type of guardian ARE you…

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Stand The Wall.6987

Alright alright so I’m not privy to these small group encounter type deals.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

… What type of guardian ARE you…

lol – You funny man(?)!

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Alright alright so I’m not privy to these small group encounter type deals.

Its ok Stand, neither is 95% of the rest of the people in wvw. But you can learn! =D

in Guardian

Amins.3710

1/26 New Vid: AoE Dps

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

New Vid

Just some fun fights.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

New Vid

Just some fun fights.

Nice vid. Compared to your previous Zealous Defender videos, you are getting some nice crittage off the new fury on meditation trait.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

New Vid

Just some fun fights.

Nice work. Notice build is full zerk for the most part. How do you like the setup say compared to your ZD build and longevity of life? Your group is good about engaging, knowing when to, etc.

I still say you could play butt naked and win 99% of the fights you engage in Skill and understanding goes a long way in this game for which I think you have plenty of. Thanks again for sharing.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Its’ not full zerk, but it’s close. When i’m in the bigger engagements, i just swap in Celestial Trinkets + WvW buff’s and it’s a nice place to be able to absorb some decent burst.

Here’s a new vid – full zerk – GS+S/F. Nothing special in terms of fighting people, just threw it together for people to enjoy….

Not a whole lot of people making vid’s atm… gw2 is getting a bit stale and haven’t log’d on too much to get any “epic” footage.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Its’ not full zerk, but it’s close. When i’m in the bigger engagements, i just swap in Celestial Trinkets + WvW buff’s and it’s a nice place to be able to absorb some decent burst.

Here’s a new vid – full zerk – GS+S/F. Nothing special in terms of fighting people, just threw it together for people to enjoy….

Not a whole lot of people making vid’s atm… gw2 is getting a bit stale and haven’t log’d on too much to get any “epic” footage.

Thanks. And of course the wonky server match-ups continue whereas coverage wins the day. So all 5 of us out in EBG can’t do a lot ESO beta so trying that PvP, we’ll see.

Has always thanks for sharing. I enjoy the videos.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Been running this build for the last month – it’s fun. Nothing special really.

I have 4 vid’s. Here’s the First of Four

Build is in the Vid Description.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Good video’s has always. Great player. Too bad you transferred off our server Although I can honestly say I don’t blame you one bit.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

2 of 4

Thanks Laaz. Yeah, it was getting a little bit desolate.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

I actually tried your build in that video but don’t think I do it has good has you. Actually, I was solo roaming through the ruins for the achievement and it did pretty well. First time I’ve actually used Traveler runes too, wow. What a difference.

Only thing I am having issues with:

1. No stability – so trying to finish off people for me is difficult. I’ve lost a couple fights because I couldn’t put them down. I’m doing something wrong or not pulling away and re-engaging.

2. I swapped out to scepter/shield. I like the CC on the scepter. Its slow but it gives me a bit of range and breathing room while I’m waiting for something to become ready.

Other than that, thanks again for posting. Good fights and I liked the second video’s music.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

1. No stability – so trying to finish off people for me is difficult. I’ve lost a couple fights because I couldn’t put them down. I’m doing something wrong or not pulling away and re-engaging.

One thing you could try, if you haven’t, is saving VoJ for stomps. Since it blinds, you can cast it during the stomp, which can help you secure it against certain enemies. It will instantly recharge when they get stomped, and then you can whack someone with it and still have it off cooldown.

It’s a bit hard to do since it’s mostly used for DPS and just popped repeatedly, but if someone dies mid battle and you need to stomp someone else, it can be good to use it that way.

Or if you’re fighting with buddies, you can do a MI → JI teleport thing, although that would probably be a bit wasteful.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

One thing you could try, if you haven’t, is saving VoJ for stomps. Since it blinds, you can cast it during the stomp, which can help you secure it against certain enemies. It will instantly recharge when they get stomped, and then you can whack someone with it and still have it off cooldown.

It’s a bit hard to do since it’s mostly used for DPS and just popped repeatedly, but if someone dies mid battle and you need to stomp someone else, it can be good to use it that way.

Or if you’re fighting with buddies, you can do a MI -> JI teleport thing, although that would probably be a bit wasteful.

Thank you for the tip, I will try it out. I’ve fumbled this a lot lately when having someone in a downed state and then getting killed in return. I’ll admit it, my skill level

Thanks.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

4 of 4

It’s definately harder to stomp when fighting multiples, but the dps is there so that usually you don’t need to. Otherwise, Aegis + Blinds work well.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

4 of 4

It’s definately harder to stomp when fighting multiples, but the dps is there so that usually you don’t need to. Otherwise, Aegis + Blinds work well.

Well done. I can’t agree more with your statement about stomping. My biggest fail running this build but it is fun though

You considering any changes after today?

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Been playing a bit more lately – figured I’d post some more vid’s for some of the newer guys.

As always, nothing special. Just typical gameplay w/ the same group of great guys.

Vid – Kill-Streak

Vid – Thinning out the Herd

Same ol Build

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

5 Guard Bomb

Well, we only had 4 guards on initial bomb, one was slack’n at the back of the bus!

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

5 Guard Bomb

Well, we only had 4 guards on initial bomb, one was slack’n at the back of the bus!

Lot of sad rangers in that video

Well done as always. Still like your necro 3×13 video.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Updated Vid

5v13

Fun camp fighting – 29 kills.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Amins.3710

New Vid -

6v12

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Nice video Amins. Still miss you on ebay. Server seems to be picking back up in WvW lately which is good.

You stop playing Necro or just rotating around again?