One thing I can't stand about Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

Moving like a slug all the time.

Is Guardian the only class without a passive speed increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: thescottish.8430

thescottish.8430

We dont need passive run speed we are in a good place. I love only having the one choice of runes, travler runes, to use if i want to not be a slug.

/sarc

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

We dont need passive run speed we are in a good place. I love only having the one choice of runes, travler runes, to use if i want to not be a slug.

/sarc

Glad you’re happy. People don’t need options when the best choice is always, objectively made by them.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

You mean you dont enjoy being pigeon holed into using meditations and traveler runes??? I dont even…

HOW DARE YOU ROCK ANET’S GUARDIAN BOAT!

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

yeah that’s the kittened up thing, literally every class has either access to swiftness en masse or some passive speed boon except guardian. It’s so kittening slow. Espically when u are in combat speed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I hate this as well. Not only does it force me to use runes / utilities which I normally would not be using and equivalent of which I do not use on my other toons, but in addition I find myself using staff all the time in WVW and often in open PVE for the Swiftness.

I don’t even need empower anymore as there are already so many good stackable AOE migth sources in the game I’m often sitting at 25 stacks anyways, but the swiftness ….

I would love to be able to run LB + GS or LB + Hammer in wuvwuv, but I can’t, have to have the stupid swiftness and using “retreat” is just not an option since most of the time I play frontline and require all my utility slots to be for frontline.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Guardian

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Sigil of Speed is my preferred solution in PvE. Has been for 3 years.

~EW

edit: p.s. I’ve made builds that have hinged on having specific rune sets. But, I can’t recall ever making a build that hinged on having two specific sigils.

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

At Anet eyes guardian is the “bunkest” class of the game, does not have that speed becuase we can hold the line.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I suppose an alternative could be Sigils of Agility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

This.
Really this is the single reason why when looking for the alt Guard is only class I never even think about.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Guardian

Posted by: Klowdy.3126

Klowdy.3126

I have used “save yourselves” since starting my guardian a few years ago. You get about 70% uptime with that. The shield is also useful

in Guardian

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I have used “save yourselves” since starting my guardian a few years ago. You get about 70% uptime with that. The shield is also useful

That puts into my mind an image of a heavily armored guardian running through low level zones screaming “Save Yourselves” in Chicken Little style, while all the residents are watching and mouthing, “wtf?”. This skill needs an arm-flail emote attached to it.

~EW

in Guardian

Posted by: LadyHawk.5319

LadyHawk.5319

Guardians should have the option to slot a speed boost or trait into one. If you still prefer to use traveler runes or certain weapons to achieve that, then you can, but for those of us who do not want to use runes for running but instead for dps boosts or who don’t want to have weapons slotted just for running then quickly change to dps ones before someone aggros or have utilities slotted just for running then need to swap them out after they come off CD before aggro is pulled, then we should have the choice like every other class in the game. Give guardians the choice!

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

We aren’t going to get skill or tool that isn’t inline with the concept of the class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

personally, I never used “save yourselves” because it sounds so cowardly. I can’t imagine my Guardian running around yelling that and still having some self worth. same with “retreat!” I know Guardians are in a “good place” right now, but it seems from the onset, we were designed to slowly run from battle. Should change “retreat” to “charge!”. and “save yourselves” to “come at me!”…. more inline with a guardian. stupid complaint, but still.

as for the run speed, I agree, give something, anything, besides running through a zone yelling “save yourselves! retreat! save yourselves! retreat!” …yup I feel cool and heroic doing this…..Im a GUARDIAN NOT A COWARDIN!

(edited by Delgotta.3817)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

We aren’t going to get skill or tool that isn’t inline with the concept of the class.

Yeah, that is fulcral to guardian design, i really hope they stay inline with the class, still we dont have tools to escape nor sueviability to hold the line, and that is already not inline with the class.
Still…guard on bunker stats have less sustainbility than medium classes on non bunker class, i can hold more due super sustain on my engie than my bunker guard, imo this is where guard falled behind, and needs a few tweaks.

@Delgotta.3817

i prefer traited retreat+shout runes+traited aegis

-speed boost
-Remove condi arround nearby allies
-Transform condi from nearbt allies to boon
-Remove condi on aegis(block)+minimal heal from nearby allies
(shield 4 – another aegis with block and condi removal + mionor healing)

Im not a coward to but i use retreat alot, both ways if people nearby starts to get rekt from range pew pew.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Hey, you might not like it, but it’s true. If you want it to be better, you need to ask for tools that Anet will consider improving or enhancing, not ones they have already dismissed that we won’t get. People are asking for the wrong fixes.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

I think many players already asked for some good ideas, Guardian ends sacrificing to much for a low achievment, compared with other classes, guardian at least needs to excell in one or two.

team support? guardian dies to fast even on bunker stats for that role.

edit: and by getting bunker stats we wont do nothing… it wont be helpfull, because other classes have way to much imo.

mace shield is a great combo for guardian i must admit it, but when grouped with other with similiar build, yet players avoid it because it is not pleasent to play. not that sturdy as Anet says, low damage, low support etc, class has toughness still useless for what does with its low health and low healing power use of it, will we have “more 500 toughness” to make health and healing power move valuable???

Imo guardian need some serious QoL to fit their role, ok low escapes, we already have some DH cool stuff and medi, but we cant hold the fight either.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Yeah .. so true. None of those things are “give us runspeed buff” though, so what happens when people bury those discussions in these runspeed QQ threads that Anet has already dismissed?

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Maybe in a future new spear 1 hand non elite trait line base on echos, like the paragon :\, atm does not make sense.

in Guardian

Posted by: LadyHawk.5319

LadyHawk.5319

I guess I don’t think of run speed buffs as an escape, I think of them as allowing the guard to keep up with the group, to be one of the first in the fight so that the guard can do what the guard is supposed to do. Not be the last to arrive. But if being the last to arrive is the “concept of the class”, I guess I have conceived this class all wrong. My bad.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

After playing on my Mesmer and even my Warrior during this PvP season going back to my Guardian is extremely painful, we move sooooooooo ssssllllooooowwwww.

We need an F4 that gives us a passive and a active speed.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

LadyHawk.5319, well i can stack 3m + on my guardian, but isnt practical for combat, out of the box gets arround 1 minute max, and need to use 3 skills one on long CD.
If i stack with another guardian well we can privide speed for entire group, the thing is that the other classes can stack from themselves or grabs it as passive, so less importance for guardian on boosting team spead.

Arnath.2319, well next trait line for sure beign f4 or trait to set up.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Every class can stack swiftness without a problem (or already have a trait about movement speed) except guardians. I love playing guard, but that movement issue is a huge problem for me as I only do wvw mostly. I would even accept a signet for movement and burn one of my utility slots for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Was running around with a few guildies doing HoT hero points for mastery and I felt embarrassed using every swiftness skill I had to just keep up.

RP enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Retreat on a 30s cooldown with 20s duration is as good as a 25% move speed signet, except it’s AOE. Actually, if you use staff as well, you can probably reach 100% uptime on swiftness in AOE now!

in Guardian

Posted by: Le Protecteur Chef.4803

Le Protecteur Chef.4803

Retreat and staff is useless in roaming :-/

The guard is the only class who need traveler and can’t use a real rune… like strenght/pack for example…

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I simply do not want to be spending half of the time by refreshing speed buff.
Especially when all other classes have access to passive movement buff.
I get it – guard is really good class and this is supposed to be their disadvantage.
But for me it is big fat NO to play the class

There are always options to give access to such a buff even if you want to be this main disadvantage of the class:

- make +25% speed top trait where it will compete with other great stuff which is painful to miss
- make it Elite signet’s passive and put signets active on 3 min recast

Simply make it available as a trade-off.

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Retreat and staff is useless in roaming :-/

The guard is the only class who need traveler and can’t use a real rune… like strenght/pack for example…

It is a pretty bad hit for build diversity, but guardians actually make pretty good use of traveler’s runes.

in Guardian

Posted by: phalaris.5134

phalaris.5134

PVE content is easily to tackle with Traveller runes, which give you all you need, beside boon duration increase, +16 to All Stats and 25% increased movement speed.

WvW blobs are running several Guardians and classes which support swiftness, so you can stack it for minutes.

Don’t understand, your “I don’t understand…”

in Guardian

Posted by: LazyDad.2037

LazyDad.2037

I have no issues.. Run travelers and slot retreat.. You are all set. Heck you can drop traveler’s and have a ton of uptime on swiftness (if not 100% if you run the right runes)..

in Guardian

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

poster 1: Guardian moves too slow, it’s the only class that forces you to use up rune and utility option to keep up with every other class!

poster 2: It’s not a problem if you run Travelers runes and slot “Retreat!”.

poster 1: But I want to use a different rune and skill combo like other classes.

poster 2: sure! just use Travelers runes and slot “retreat!” and it’s no problem!

poster 1: ……….

in Guardian

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

This will be my new motto. Any problems with the DH? Sure, just use Traveller’s Runes and slot “Retreat!” and it’s not problem!

My computer is so slow!
Sure, just use Traveller’s Runes and slot “Retreat!” and it’s not problem!

Thanks for giving me something to smile on

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

One thing I can’t stand about Guardian, is Anet overboosts the other classes and keep saying guardian is balanced…

I guess Anet need to use tavelers runes an quit game industry.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

One thing I can’t stand about Guardian, is Anet overboosts the other classes and keep saying guardian is balanced…

Guardian’s “best” build for pvp actually isn’t in too bad a spot imo, but a combination of us having no other viable builds + overtuned scrappers and eles.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

PvP on gw2 is a show off thing, i cant even watch it… seriously gw2 pvp is known to be a joke for many reasons.

I only like to play guardian with mace shield, but class is so behind against others, due much easy gimmicks are the way to go to play this game, i cant do nothign, slow move , low damage, useless simbol, low support, mace 3rd skill is super bugged etc, and the fact i cant damage some classes due their stupiditly surviability in wvw..

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

>put symbol below you
>enemy melee light class just ignores it stands inside it and whips your kitten

ayy good spot since 2012

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Some-random-rant-Feel-free-to-ignore/first#post6216859

This parody/rant of Guardians and Revenants may amuse some of you guys. I am thinking of continuing this parody or rant further if I can get some positive feedback like “f@ack u, u are totaly wrong” or “A net won’t be changing this during our lifetime” (sarcasm).

in Guardian

Posted by: Boozsha.9423

Boozsha.9423

That puts into my mind an image of a heavily armored guardian running through low level zones screaming “Save Yourselves” in Chicken Little style, while all the residents are watching and mouthing, “wtf?”. This skill needs an arm-flail emote attached to it.

~EW

This made me laugh.

in Guardian

Posted by: Godorn.2931

Godorn.2931

I have been taking another look at GW2 because WOW has become stale.

I’m looking for the opinion of players here. The pvp forums have been overwhelming negative about the state of pvp.

Is this game worth another look, or are the Guardian problems in perspective to pvp just not worth it. I don’t think I can play a class with no run speed buff again.

I logged on to play my Guardian and it was torture w/o run speed. I played for a bit but it felt too much like work. What are the chances of this class really being worth it in the future and how long will that take?

Thanks.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

I have been taking another look at GW2 because WOW has become stale.

I’m looking for the opinion of players here. The pvp forums have been overwhelming negative about the state of pvp.

Is this game worth another look, or are the Guardian problems in perspective to pvp just not worth it. I don’t think I can play a class with no run speed buff again.

I logged on to play my Guardian and it was torture w/o run speed. I played for a bit but it felt too much like work. What are the chances of this class really being worth it in the future and how long will that take?

Thanks.

Nobody knows. Anet is very secretive about their balance. But if you’re waiting for another mass rebalance of the Guardian to play again, you’re better off looking elsewhere, many issues that players point out and ask to be addressed are never looked at by Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

You know; there’s a won ton of people complaining about this, and what I don’t understand is how are people not even considering warrior? They have passive speed and are just as heavy. Heck, even revenants man. Plus they deal more damage output.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

…many issues that players point out and ask to be addressed are never looked at by Anet.

Demonstrably untrue.

Almost everything is looked at. Just because it’s looked at doesn’t mean it has to change, especially in the way you think it does.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

You know; there’s a won ton of people complaining about this, and what I don’t understand is how are people not even considering warrior? They have passive speed and are just as heavy. Heck, even revenants man. Plus they deal more damage output.

Why do people just suggest “play another class” always annoys me. Maybe we like to be Guardians and not Warriors. I find Warrior extremely boring; I love Guardian playstyle and potential; besides the speed issue is least of a reason to play another class we do have the shout.

Just because another “melee” type class > Guardian in ways isn’t a reason to just play it, and believe me a lot do that. Revenant is fun I prefer it over Warrior; but it has its own issues. But I’m also one not fully set up on Guardian/etc. PvE still having fun, not PvPing with it; so there’s that. I just love the class still.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Guardian

Posted by: wargod son.6173

wargod son.6173

“Retreat!”(skill to unlock)
Symbol of Swiftness (staff only) skill
both swiftness

The true world revealed / Weaknesses now known to me / Time to go to work. (zero)

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Why do people just suggest “play another class” always annoys me. Maybe we like to be Guardians and not Warriors. I find Warrior extremely boring; I love Guardian playstyle and potential; besides the speed issue is least of a reason to play another class we do have the shout.

Just because another “melee” type class > Guardian in ways isn’t a reason to just play it, and believe me a lot do that. Revenant is fun I prefer it over Warrior; but it has its own issues. But I’m also one not fully set up on Guardian/etc. PvE still having fun, not PvPing with it; so there’s that. I just love the class still.

It shouldn’t annoy you .. it’s the reason all those classes exist. Anet can’t customize a single class to every players’ expectations, so with many classes, there should be something there a player can find interesting. Happens in all MMO’s for the same reason … there is enough of a spectrum of playstyles between classes that people find something they like.

Now, ironically, when someone answers you with “play another class”, that person understands you might not be playing the class that suits your style, despite what you think you want to play. Weird ay?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Clearly most of you have never played Pre HoT mesmer. At least you had reliable swiftness. Mesmer’s focus 5 wants to have a word with you.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Except Mesmerd have blink and forward phase retreat. And don’t forget that blink doesn’t require a target.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Who would’ve thought different classes get different abilities? Amazing.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: JackaS.9426

JackaS.9426

What I cant stand is the fact scrappers, revenants, tempests and druids can stack tons of boons perma on their main build and guardian cant stack a single one without going for shouts build. Is so annoying that guardian was supossed to be the real support/healer class with most of boons and now you see tons of classes with better boons stacking, broken dps and better support than guardian.