Paragon (Build)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dreadness.9275

Dreadness.9275

Love the build and all the work you put into it! Quick question tho… I’m looking at gearing up this weekend and just curious if you are still using this gear set up. Also I already have the mark of the tethyos house necklace so how would i adjust my gearing to accommodate that?

Helm- Knight
Shoulders- Knight
Chest- Valkyrie
Gauntlets- Berserker
Leggings- Berserker
Boots- Soldier

Runes: x6 Divinity

Greatsword- Berserker w/Sigil of Life
Hammer- Berserker w/Sigil of Battle

Backpiece- Cavalier
Earrings- Full Berserker and Divinity(all stats)
Rings- Soldier and Cavalier
Amulet- Divinity(all stats)
For the ascend items. Offensive you want precision and defensive you want healing power.

Food:
Spicy Chocolate Cookie
Master Maintenance Oil

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’m currently running more dps atm. All armor is zerker, everything else is the same.

Tethyos is a zerker ammy I think. You really don’t have to change anything if you want, you’ll just be doing more dmg. But an easy fix would be changing the zerker earring to full soldier.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

This build is stupid powerful. I don’t want it nerfed but it just proves how much better the Guardian is then a Warrior.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: HolySabre.3254

HolySabre.3254

How much crit chance do you think is enough? I am hovering around 44-50 with a tweaked version of this build but still thinking of dropping some crit chance for more in other stats

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

40-50 is ideal, since this build has high crit dmg.

But if you still want to lower ur crit chance for other stats, nothing wrong with that. I’d also drop crit dmg for other stats.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

playing around with a calc… im shooting for at least a good 2.9k/2.9k with good healing power cuz i usually roam with a mace and shield. i would love some input on what you think and what i can possible improve on. thanks.

PS you gotta copy and paste the link, it doesnt work if you click on it for some odd reason.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-7;4NFk40J3NG-90;9;54TT4;445A17A;14-F0;2V19cV19c20FW0-X5;3wVq0D2zY4_A53N0HV3c;9;9;9;9;9;9;1Ck3F

Verdánt

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Looks good overall, but probably better of going perception over accuracy when it comes to sigil. That way you can use a different sigil on your other weapon.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Thought i would chime in on this thread, since 0/5/30/30/5 is the build i play with in wvw. At least play the one i play the most with, hope OP dont mind me posting some stats i have on my:
Frontline pusher (Pic 1)
First in and last out. Soldier runes and fully traited symbols for some serious bombing. SyG, judges intervention and wall of reflection being the utility.

Siege engine supporter (pic 2)
Used to support the guys at the rams with 1k dodge heals. Protection and dodgeheals being the main feat. Pretty good dps still. Cleric legs, chest, amulet and one ring.

DPS (Pic 3)
Soldier armor and divinity runes and zerker +zerker/valk trinkets/weapons. 3 shouts.

Frontline pusher. (pic 4)
SA, 2H mastery and pure of voice.

Supporter (Pic 5)

Nice boonduration combined with really decent dps. 100% uptime on swiftness and huge uptime on protection.

If everything else fails (Pic 6)
I have my inventory open while playing and swapping gear and food as i go a long, trying to for see the situation and gearing up accordingly. More than once i dont know what to believe and then i pick this one.

Gear i have to get these stats can be found here.
21. End game, builds and accessories

Attachments:

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Is it possible to find a 17k health pool, 45% crit, 95% crit damage, and 2800 to 2900 armor/attack using only exotics?

I’m bouncing between 16k health, 2700 armor, 2980 attack, 45% crit and 91% crit damage. Trying to bump up armor a bit and crit damage yet maintain the health pool and it is pretty challenging. That is without breaking the bank. Ideally I’d like tor un this without food

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

What you are trying to do is very hard with out any type of buff, but I threw this together for you. If you don’t mind using buffs.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1p.h1|2.1c.0|1p.71j.1n.71j.1n.b1j.1n.71j.1n.71j.1n.b1j|1p.67.1g.67.1c.67.1p.67.1g.67.1i.67|0.5.u600.u000.5|39.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Try all Divinity Ascended Jewelry Gear, Sentinel Armor, Runes of Divinity.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: naiveXazn.6987

naiveXazn.6987

Harbinger, I was wondering if it is possible for you to post up your current Guardian’s Build!
I really like your stats and I have finally have enough money to start building my Guardian. I have been searching YouTube build on Guardians, but no build came close to your!!!!

Thank you!

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

I know this is off topic but paragon build made me check this post because they sucked so bad in gw1 lol

Imagon (called something like that) was the best support build in the game and was always wanted in any HM area / mission, ‘you know nothing Zelulose Snow’

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Harbinger, I was wondering if it is possible for you to post up your current Guardian’s Build!
I really like your stats and I have finally have enough money to start building my Guardian. I have been searching YouTube build on Guardians, but no build came close to your!!!!

Thank you!

Sorry for not responding, was finishing something up. ATM I’m running dps heavy gear. Either 0/5/30/30/5 or 0/0/30/20/20. Haven’t decided which one I like better both are very powerful.

Current stats look some thing like this, no buffs. If anyone is interested I can go into more detail.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

naiveXazn.6987

Thank you for the quick reply and really appreciate for sharing your current build. I am very interested and grateful if you could go in depth on this Berserker’s gears build. I am still a little confuse when I compared your earlier build (screenshot from end of page 1) status before you have ascended gears to the up-to-date status, where the result of this current build are lower then before?
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/48428/gw056.jpg

The only improvement are Critical Damage, Healing Power, and Critical Damage while most of your Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, and Health Pool drop dramatically. It is worth it to sacrificed roughly 200~300 on Vit, Tough, Armor, & Health Pool for just 100~ more Healing Power?

Also, I know your build is amazing nevertheless, but in your opinion do you think this build on YouTube is similar to your? I am just curious because I got the money but I don’t have what’s needed for the ascended accessories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Au3E6nDr1Y

Thank you!

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

The thing about that screenshot is it has buffs, this one I just posted has zero. So it’s a huge improvement in a lot of areas. Only thing I really lost was vit and tough, but that’s to be expected when you go dps.

As for youtube video, its pretty much the same just some different traits. Don’t really understand his gear though. He only has about 200 more vit then me and that’s really it. He’s still in exotics though, so that could also be the reason.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

it kinda makes me cringe when people call this your build, because ive been using the exact same build (same traits) since beta and i use a mix set of stats.

One thing tho, you could achieve better stats and better overall stats if you took advantage of crit dmg multipliers are “worth less stat points” in certaint spots, example is:

I use all zerker ascended trinkets because if your going for a hybrid build and not going pure zerker, certaint slots are best used to get your crit dmg from then others

for stats i use:

All ascended zerker trinkets

4 Soldier / 2 knight armor

3 ruby orbs ( ruby orbs and trinkets give most crit dmg for least cost of raw stat pts, i only used 3 ruby orbs because after that i have enough crit dmg.

3 divinity runes

and power prec toughness in greatsword along with the sigil that gives you might on crit (30percent)

U should be using that sigil if youre using a.h with the ; might on crit trait / vigor on crit trait and greatsword number 1 chain 3 attack (gives might on every 3rd autoattack)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Ebony.5738

ive been screwing around on a calculator for a few minutes now and i would like to use healing power in my build but still have good crit damage and power. is healing power really that viable or can i replace it with another stat?

Verdánt

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Healing power is extremely viable, problem is it scales low. For it to be effective you need to get it around 800ish, once you get there your dodge will heal for almost 1000. Plus it boost all your AH heals too.

Yes you can replace it if you choose too, you’ll just lose some survivability.

I run Sigil of Life and some celestial trinkets. Which makes it easy, so I can focus on other stats.

When it comes down to it. You just have to take the time to tweak your gear. Not one gear set up is superior to another. You just have to find what suits you and your play style. Like what I use might not work for others.

This guide is just a general layout to give people a start. Once you have the fundamentals down then you can tweak the hell out of it. To find what suits you best.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

it kinda makes me cringe when people call this your build, because ive been using the exact same build (same traits) since beta and i use a mix set of stats.

Sounds like recognition-jealousy here. :p

Regardless of who’s build it was first (/eyeroll), Harbinger was one of the first to post details about it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

I want to add that my previous post wasn’t ment to be taken in a hostile way, i respect harbringer, im can’t help my fealings lolz.

I just find theirs so few builds in this game, i have almost self created every build posted without looking em up for all classes / builds.

I ment no disrespect to the O.P

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

naiveXazn.6987

Harbinger, if you have the time would you provide an in-depth description of your current build? traits, equipment, and ascended ?

Thank you!

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

BTW heaven I suggest running sigil of blood on GS and swap hand that doesn’t have life sigil. Extra life steal is always especially if running you’re current food.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Sigil of Blood is bugged. It procs at five seconds instead of two.

That being said it’s very strong. Heals for 453 at lvl 80 and scales with healing power. If it wasn’t bugged I’d probably use it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Ebony.5738

i also have been laying off the power trait a little and have been using food to make up for it so i can focus into crit dmg, precision, healing power and toughness up to 2.9k. came up with quite the setup.
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=V9;4NFk40J3ZG-90;9;54TT4;445A17A;14-k05;1V19cV19ch-FW0-gYG0;1wV1Xv1zY5_Aa-DWAN230;9;9;9;9;9;9;0C-6p

currently running this setup, only difference is i had to make up an accessory and my amulet as exotics in game.

Verdánt

(edited by Ebony.5738)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: InPhamouZ.9732

InPhamouZ.9732

Note: This build is heavily based on Brutaly’s AH hammer build, so all props go to him.

High damage and survivability is what everyone wants, and that’s what you get with this build! Impossible you say, no very possible. Follow this build and you will feel like a champ.

Lets go over the most important part first, gear. Without the right gear even the best build is bad.

Hi Harbinger,

I just want to say thank you for this wonderful guide. However, I do have few concerns and hope you or anyone can provide some insight or constructive feedback on it.

I just returned back to Guild Wars 2 after a long break, so I’m starting over and my Main and Only character is Guardian he just turn level 60.
Soon, I will get him to level 80 and I was wondering, for a new starter without much of financial backup how should I proceed with my end game gears?
I was thinking start with Rare, then Exotic. But this just a simple goal, I was hoping perhaps you could provide some suggestions on what is a good starting point to get gears. Like Perhaps focus on xyz dungeon or farm Karma for a Karma set or mix match Karma set from these locations.

Thanks!

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Note: This build is heavily based on Brutaly’s AH hammer build, so all props go to him.

High damage and survivability is what everyone wants, and that’s what you get with this build! Impossible you say, no very possible. Follow this build and you will feel like a champ.

Lets go over the most important part first, gear. Without the right gear even the best build is bad.

Hi Harbinger,

I just want to say thank you for this wonderful guide. However, I do have few concerns and hope you or anyone can provide some insight or constructive feedback on it.

I just returned back to Guild Wars 2 after a long break, so I’m starting over and my Main and Only character is Guardian he just turn level 60.
Soon, I will get him to level 80 and I was wondering, for a new starter without much of financial backup how should I proceed with my end game gears?
I was thinking start with Rare, then Exotic. But this just a simple goal, I was hoping perhaps you could provide some suggestions on what is a good starting point to get gears. Like Perhaps focus on xyz dungeon or farm Karma for a Karma set or mix match Karma set from these locations.

Thanks!

They’re plenty of way to get a full set of exotics once you hit 80. If you saved up a lot of karma, the temples in Orr is the easiest way. You can get trinkets and armor for 42k karma a piece. You’ll have to mix and match, because each piece has different stats. I’ll link a site that shows the stats.

Citadel of Flame is a VERY easy way to get gear and gold. Path 1 you can literally do in 10-15 mins. Path 2 not as fast, but simple. Run this a couple of times, and you should have enough to tokens and gold to get whatever you want. Keep in mind CoF armor and weapons are berserker stats.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Temple_armor

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: InPhamouZ.9732

InPhamouZ.9732

Thanks Harbinger! Now, I just need to get to level 80 :P

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shiruvia.1629

Shiruvia.1629

Hellow everyone, hello Harbinger.

This forum really helped me to know better about guardians. This build do pick my interest :

Ok, heres what I run most of the time. Great survivability and dmg.

Helm- Knight
Shoulders- Berserker
Chest- Valkyrie
Gauntlets- Berserker
Leggings- Knight
Boots- Soldier

x6 of Runes of Divinity

Greatsword (Soldier w/Sigil of Perception)
Hammer (Berserker w/Sigil of Nullification)

Backpiece- Cavalier (Ascended)
Earrings- Knight w/Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Rings- Soldier w/Exquisite Ruby Jewel and Cavalier (Ascended)
Amulet- Knight w/Exquisite Ruby Jewel

I have a guardian 80 (which was my sub char, but plan it to be my main now). I plan to play with a sword+shield / hammer as a solid front liner in WvW. As for now I run full cleric & pow/vit/cc% accessories but that was before thinking on being a front liner.
I’d be gratful if you (or anyone ) could give me any advice about the kind of gear (kind of runes, kind of staff to reach and especially kind of accessories)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

I can’t really tell you what kind of gear you need. Depends on your play style, but I can help point you in the right direction. I threw together this build for you. Solid damage and survivability. It’s only exotics so you don’t have to worry about ascend. You can tweak it more if you choose.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|c.1p.h1.e.1g.h2|2.1c.h6|1p.71j.1n.71j.1c.71j.1n.71j.1c.71j.1n.71j|1n.67.1p.64.1g.64.1p.64.1g.64.1i.64|0.5.u59b.u28b.5|2e.7|w.16.19.18.0|e

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: Shiruvia.1629

Shiruvia.1629

Thank you very much, I’ll get these gear asap and try this out

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

So I have a new build coming. Very strong, I’m talking about +10k Whirling Wrath and Zealot’s Defense. No joke! Highest being a 13k so far on a lowbie.

Yes it’s a dps build, not for the faint of heart. If you’re up to the challenge, enjoy seeing big number, or just want to try something new you should love it.

I’ll put the guide up sometime this week. Want to get some more gameplay first.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Darek.1836

Wow looking forward to that build. How much survivability do you lose for that extra 4-5k?

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

Quite a bit, but by no means are you going to be dying in two hits or anything like that. It’s just with this build you have to know your role. As long as you don’t get super focused fire, you’ll be fine.

Also I’d like to introduce a new variant of the Paragon build. Heavily based on meditations. It’s all in the link:

So why go meditations over shouts you may ask? Meditations are better for solo/roaming. They still work well in large groups, just less support. It’s generally seen as a selfish build, but whatever.

Also you can use Merciful Intervention. It’s not a bad meditation, just has a fairly long CD even when traited. But Monk Focus + Merciful Intervention is a good chunk of healing.

Whatever build you choose they’re both good. One is more group ordinated other is solo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAR8flUgSDHHyNEfIFRugqCxDnRFh/1DHCxGC-w

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Darek.1836

Kinda skeptic of running meditations again but seeing how those are completely different traits than my usual 0 30 30 5 5 meditation build I may try I out a bit

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

So overall the build is pretty much the same. I did drop Retributive Armor for Strength in Numbers. I prefer 150 armor for me and my allies over 3%-5% crit chance depending on your tough.

Also switched out Save Yourselves with Signet of Judgment, since it’s a stun breaker and the overall buff to weakness. This is personally preference though.

Also playing around with Pure of Heart. Haven’t decided if it’s worth dropping Superior Aria for.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

So it’s been a while since I updated this, but I took the time to write a proper PvP guide, since I really didn’t go over too much.

http://intothemists.com/guides/1006-paragon

So I hope you enjoy it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Paragon (Build)

in Guardian

Harbinger.8637

It’s been awhile since I did a video, so here we are! Just some WvW footage I got over the weekend. I’ll also try to get some tpvp this month.

I put a link to the gear I used during the video for anyone that is interested.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.5g.h1b.0.0.0|2.5g.h1h.0.0.0|1a.a7.1a.a7.1k.a7.1a.a7.1a.a7.1c.a7|2s.0.211.0.2t.0.1j.67.211.0.2v.0|0.5.u54b.u28b.5|69.1|0.0.0.0.0|e

And of course feel free to leave any questions if you have them.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage