Patch 10-15 is not good for guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

Is it only me or most of the guardian community seems to prefer WvW instead of sPvP?
Not a trick question, just a random thought.

Well that is most of The Community not just guards. Reasons are numerous and well noted. Suffice to say there won’t be much of a shift there unless big shinies are given to Spvp.

Not to derail here, but only the people who already like sPvP want shinies.

In order to make people want sPvP that don’t already, you have to let them play their builds. The build limitation is what is killing sPvP atm. sPvP = Play this, not that. WvW = Play how you want.

To be honest if you think thats true you should look at world v world. And even PvE for that matter. Both of those are solely reliant on “playing your build” but people still happily do it. Even servers that get rolled or dungeons that seem next to impossible because at the end of the day you still gain something for trying. Which you just don’t in pvp. Like you don’t

in Guardian

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

DS is defining in that it’s unique, but is really nothing other than an extra health bar and skillset. Necromancers are strong at condition manipulation, it’s what they do best and what actually defines them as a class in terms of what they bring to a group. Conditions are underpowered in PvE (OK for carebear open world, but bad for boss events and dungeons), everything else that Necros bring is either irrelevant or done better by someone else. If you brought your silly heal Necro into any of my groups, I’d kick you so fast your head would spin.

Tanking is worthless because of aggro mechanics, but DPS is king. If you aren’t bringing damage, you are a leech. Do as much damage as possible, while providing maximum possible group support and only running enough sustain to keep from getting splattered like roadkill
Necros need PvE help

You’ve got a point. Classes are defined by what they mainly bring to the table. Such as thieves and their high damage and stealth utility, Guardians with their powerful boon, and necros with their conditions.
But you are wrong about it being your only option. The Bonus of builds in gw2 there are more than 1 viable ones for PvE. I may not run tank with guardian. I might run Sword,, torch/ focus – or two handed mastery meditations. Or a thief doesn’t have to run stealth builds to still be viable Just like necros can always choose to run a condition build or not.

Though you also have a point the sound of a healamancer does sound terrible that doesn’t mean by any means you shouldn’t bring it into a dungeon. The whole everyone run zerkers and worry about yourself is what makes the game uptight, stale, and honestly down right bad. Yes you are running the highest efficiency builds when it comes to dungeon clearing but your also down playing the team mechanics of the game that make the game (wait for it)….. fun

Though classic tanking is worthless (which its close but isn’t) it doesn’t means the builds around that are. While outputting dmg is important the only thing more useful than someone doing damage is someone who’s alive. While a tank may not be able to take all the hits he still have the HP or Armor to be able to rez someone whos down. Or pick up someone who’s entirely dead (though ‘hardcore’ raiding groups would just say wipe it and kick the one person who went down).
And while the balance between conditions may be rough between pvp and pve i wouldn’t say necros are dying like you make it sound.
I mean conditions in PvE are weak (due to immunities, caps, and naturally higher numbers from power/burst) but they literally faceroll in ever other aspect of the game.
From minionmancer bunkering in sPvP
To DS power builds munching roaming groups in havok wvw groups
To Condition tanks eating glass builds in single AoE hits
So yea….Everywhere else.

TL:DR – All zerkers all the time isn’t for every class in every situation. Practice build, weapon, and skill diversity. Conditions are in a weird place but by no means weak.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Can’t build let alone balance a game that contains PvE in it. It has been tied time and time again and failed each time. Don’t believe it? If you played DaOC (PvP designed game) what happened when they introduced Trials of Atlantis(PvE/Raid content)? How about any game thereafter? WoW? Season 1 anyone with a holy paladin using Hand of Freedom? List goes on and on.

No game designer should call changing a tool tip or fixing a bug a balance change when all other classes get greater changes. Nor is it right to say one class has the best overall balance and everyone needs to raise up via change. That to me indicates a bigger problem. Not saying any one here in this game has done so, it is only a talking point / opinion).

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Irsei.6802

Irsei.6802

Can’t build let alone balance a game that contains PvE in it. It has been tied time and time again and failed each time. Don’t believe it? If you played DaOC (PvP designed game) what happened when they introduced Trials of Atlantis(PvE/Raid content)? How about any game thereafter? WoW? Season 1 anyone with a holy paladin using Hand of Freedom? List goes on and on.

No game designer should call changing a tool tip or fixing a bug a balance change when all other classes get greater changes. Nor is it right to say one class has the best overall balance and everyone needs to raise up via change. That to me indicates a bigger problem. Not saying any one here in this game has done so, it is only a talking point / opinion).

TOA ruined DAOC mainly because you HAD TO GET MULTIPLE ARTIFACTS TO COMPETE IN RVR. Where the game was easy to get out to end game RVR before it. I had a LGM in every craft in that game and people knew you hit cap.. came to me and paid me to make the proper set up with the few pve drops you had that you liked. I loved RVR but I still ran dragon and DF raids too. Was a nice diversion once in a while to have fun. And the classes were darn close to balanced in PvE.

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

TOA ruined DAOC mainly because you HAD TO GET MULTIPLE ARTIFACTS TO COMPETE IN RVR.

Or needed….master level 10. ToA introduced both gear beyond crafting and the requirement to raid in order to attain master level 10. I believe you would agree that while realm ranks mattered it was required to have both artifacts AND master level 10. It was that noticeable.

Oddly enough my main in that game was a Thane….reminds me much of the issues here with the Guardian. Balanced yet small change and we become the favorite of the month and over powered

in Guardian

Posted by: Irsei.6802

Irsei.6802

TOA ruined DAOC mainly because you HAD TO GET MULTIPLE ARTIFACTS TO COMPETE IN RVR.

Or needed….master level 10. ToA introduced both gear beyond crafting and the requirement to raid in order to attain master level 10. I believe you would agree that while realm ranks mattered it was required to have both artifacts AND master level 10. It was that noticeable.

Oddly enough my main in that game was a Thane….reminds me much of the issues here with the Guardian. Balanced yet small change and we become the favorite of the month and over powered

LOL Thane was my first main.. with my wifes cave shammy (she hated how her class got turned into a buff bot). Then moved over to hib and played a Warden with my wifes mana ment.

Played wow for thru i think the first x pack and played a Paladin from open beta…thru the mega nerf and stupid me didnt take the hint and was waiting for that class to get fixed.. much like the guardian….

So Thane doac… Paladin WOW… Rift but didnt get stuck with the suck class there… ohh Warhammer Shadow warrior do I need to say more…. then GW2 Guardian. Dang should just say what class I want to play so people know to avoid it like the plague.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HAMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sry, had to, hehe. My main was a troll warrior and I drove an 8 man melee train through nearly the entire game, hehe

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HAMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sry, had to, hehe. My main was a troll warrior and I drove an 8 man melee train through nearly the entire game, hehe

You speak truth. That and, of course, CC breaker

in Guardian

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

PoV hit us too hard in WvW, i just experienced it and it frankly makes me not want to play much anymore. Purging flames is not a good enough replacement for condition clearing.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

PoV hit us too hard in WvW, i just experienced it and it frankly makes me not want to play much anymore. Purging flames is not a good enough replacement for condition clearing.

The only thing I will suggest it perhaps trying, as a group, to cycle Save Yourselves and the Meditation Contemplation of Purity. So Guardian 1 uses the 2 skills together and then Guardian 2. etc…

Or if you are pugging, just slot the Meditation as your 3rd skill and use when desperate.

And yeah this was a painful nerf.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

The only thing I will suggest it perhaps trying, as a group, to cycle Save Yourselves and the Meditation Contemplation of Purity. So Guardian 1 uses the 2 skills together and then Guardian 2. etc…

Or if you are pugging, just slot the Meditation as your 3rd skill and use when desperate.

About time people are starting to realize how much guardians were nerfed this last patch. The PoV nerf (imma call it nerf, kiss my kitten condi users) literally broke every shout based build in WvW because it cut our condi cleansing by 50%. You cannot rely on shouts now for cleansing and Purging flames by itself is insufficient to do so.

The alternative now, which I have been actively pursuing is meditation based builds. Either run triple meds or pair contemplation of purity with SY for temporary IWIN button during zergs. Triple meds works well enough during roaming anyways

Last but not least, I have been tempted to take the warrior approach, that is melandru runes, lemongrass soup with either a triple med or triple shout setup. During the later I was thinking of tossing in purging flames to put condi reduction to 85%

in Guardian

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

this is a good idea.. but this show to us how much that is bad…
You can’t remove all these cond without organisation.

I have just switch my traits in 10 30 0 10 20
using shelter | judge interv | SyG | purging flame
and switch they when i think that i need more cond remove.. but it isn’t the same.. they have made us to switch all for a DPS build or a “tank” build that HAVE TO have soldier runes…

I don’t understand this PoV fix.. i thought they were testing it and with the patch it would be confirmed.

now i see only 2 or 3 builds available for the guardian.. pure dps or pure bunker point cover… yes exist F1 dps with AH or meditation build but they are hybrid…

Why have i to still to use my guardian? this is a boring moment for this class, and i hate it.. this is the my main and pref class but why do we sucks in traits organisation -.- ?

P.S. and warrios have every weapon 20% cd with a second effect for his skills.

i think guardian situation will be resolved with a rework, as for mesmer and other class.. so we have to wait an expansion for see something right….

in Guardian

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I don’t main guardian but I’ve enough hours on mine to be somewhat confused as to all the disappointment on this forum. Pov was bugged before. It was always meant to only affect 1 condition. We all knew this. Besides , meditations are now insta-cast by default which is good and can be a source of fury which is also good. Condi meta is really only a major concern in PvP and if you still pay pvp hard core well then I’m sorry for you. Yes warriors got buffed but it isn’t a zero sum game. Guardians need work in zeal and radiance for sure but it took warriors 10 out so months of being bottom feeders to being where they are more so don’t fret. Fact is 3 of the 5 guardian trait lines are as near perfect as I think there is in the game. Meditation builds just got all the more powerful and shout builds are still viable. Is not all doom and gloom.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Guardian

clint.5681

Yes we know the trait .was apparently bugged but that doesnt mean that they couldnt have kept it in its previous form. A lot of guardians relied on that for condition cleansing, they didnt give us anything new that could replace it when they “fixed” PoV. Just bringing up the fact that it was bugged does not counter the fact we basically lost a critical way to cleans conditions.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Yes we know the trait .was apparently bugged but that doesnt mean that they couldnt have kept it in its previous form. A lot of guardians relied on that for condition cleansing, they didnt give us anything new that could replace it when they “fixed” PoV.

They actually did but the improvements they made (consecrations) are making us even more pidgeonholed into being team cleansers and force us to build away from damage, making zeal and radiance relatively even more useless.

in Guardian

clint.5681

Idk consecration a really aren’t cutting for me. Doesn’t seem as effective but as you say it might have something to do with that fact that it doesn’t mesh well with my build at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I can understand why people think hallowed ground is subpar but its actually very good if you play organized in wvw. And by organized with teams or guilds that do organised play.

Its really supportive when using one tactic that really no pug zerg ever do but thats about it. I always used it when i was in one of these uberguilds and its very powerful but when you pug its close to useless.

Its less than 1% that play in such a guild and skills should be designed around the average joe.

Hallowed ground and purgin flames should be selfcentered and ranged consecration trait shouldincrease the are on those two.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Every time I encounter a stunlock warrior in spvp, I slot in Hallowed Ground if I have not done so previously and proceed to laugh manically.
I love that skill.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

HG is also up to 5k (with 1k HP) of altruistic healing if you like to build that way

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ha, for whatever strange reason, never thought about hallowed ground with AH. but that makes total sense.

one place i like to use it and it’s very powerful is obviously in chokepoints. or, when you first get a gate or wall down, and wanna make it to higher ground.i pop stability, then while runnign through the choke, drop HG and hopefully all your other allies can make it through easier as well. sure, one could argue that it gets wasted cause the field is now back there.. but hey, battles can be so easily turned if you lose even a 4th of your force that get stuck at chokes.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall