PvE Stat Calculator

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

A min/max Player in many games, I do tend to fret over how to get just exactly the customization I want, and GW2 is good about that with a little stats here and there and everywhere.

In anycase, after many many hours (about 14) of painfully going line by line sometimes to find errors, here is a calculator for the community. I found a few others but they were clunky to use I thought.

On main page, just use the dropdown menus under the easy to find “INPUT” header, anything you can customize you can edit. If I missed some gear-types let me know and I will work them in later. It is an excel 2010 file, the formulas wont work in older excels, you have to download it for it to work because google sucks. If someone has a good filesharing site Ill put it there.

http://filebin.ca/N4Gl0RUy1Tp

If someone has good web skills, what we really need is a website like
http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
But I dont know how to use the interwebs like that
——————————————————————————
On a very much related note for people who like to maximize stats, I am going to shamelessly support 2 of my other threads

Gear Customization
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Customization-and-Inventory-space/first#post488866

PvE Consumables U/I
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/PvE-UI-additions/first#post529187

(edited by Taerik.3405)

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I’ve been thinking in doing something similar, as I’ve been using the notepad/calculator for my min/maxing with gears and traits… but when I think about all the stuff I’d need to draw, I give up.

I think I’ve come with the “best” now, though, so I don’t plan on doing a calculator of some sorts.

By the way, since you said you like min/maxing too, here’s some findings:

- 21 Precision is 1% Critical Chance (edit: 21 EXTRA precision, other than your 916 base)
- 1% Critical Damage is worth about 14 Stats Points in Item Budgets
- All Critical Chances Values are rounded up, this means you can have 1.51% Crit Chance and you’ll get 2% in your character panel
- Critical Damage is 1.5 of the normal damage, and at about 60% extra Critical Damage (meaning you’re dealing 2.1 damage on Crits) the Precision x Power is about equal.
- 100 Points in either Power or Precision lines equal to roughly 5% extra damage at 60% extra Critical Damage.
- Condition Damage deals damage once per sec (or 3x per sec if it’s bleed), so if you get extra milliseconds from Zeal they’re not worth anything if you don’t get an extra second. This means that at 20 points in Zeal, any 5 second burn skill gets a nice 20% extra boost damage (Virtue of Justice Activation, Purging Flames).
Other skills that get notable increases at specific points:
.Shield of the Avenger Command: 6 seconds base, 7 seconds at 20 Zeal
.Wrathful Grasp (Spear #5): 5 seconds base, 6 seconds at 20 Zeal
.Purify (Trident #2): 5 seconds base, 6 seconds at 20 Zeal
.Judge’s Intervention: 3 seconds base, 4 seconds at 30 Zeal
.Signet of Wrath: 3 seconds base, 4 seconds at 30 Zeal
- The same applies to boons, if you have 10% increase but it doesn’t get an extra second, it’s not worth anything.

With this in mind, I try not to spend in Virtues since the only skills that will get any effect from it is Save Yourselves, and after the patch (and the bug is fixed), Empower as well. (see replies)

For extra burning damage, 20 points in Zeal is one of your best choices.
The Valor line is the best line for maxing points besides Zeal and Virtue that have other unique attribute increases, giving 24 points per Point spent, compared to 20 in other lines.

For items, this means that Valkyrie/Berserker gems are the best if you want to maximize points, since they give:
25 Power
15 Vitality
3% Critical Damage (worth 42 points)
Total: 82 Gear Points

Compare to a Knight’s Gem:
15 Power
25 Precision
15 Toughness
Total: 55 Gear Points

Other items that have differences in budgets are Berserker/Valkyrie Weapons, they have 9% Critical Damage which is worth 126 Points, compared to a Soldier or Knight it’s 2 less points (they give 128 points to their secondary attributes).
Also, Earrings, they give 40 points to their secondary attributes but Berserker/Valkyrie gives 42 (3% Critical Damage), and Amulets of the Valkyrie/Berserker are better than other by 6 Gear Points.

The best Runes for maximizing points is Divinity, by far, since it gives 240 Main Attribute Points (if you count only Power/Precision/Toughness/Vitality) and 12% Critical Damage (168 Points), plus 60 for Condition Damage/Healing Power.
That’s a 408 / 468 Gear Points worth in Runes.
The second best is Rune of the Pack, it gives 265 Gear Points plus some effects.

Also, there’s the Triforce Amulet in the game, but I wouldn’t really recommend it since Ascended gear will probably make it lose much of it’s value, but it’s worth 310 Gear Points, compared to Berserker/Valkyrie, which is 234, is a huge increase.

Back to Traits, if you have no Critical Damage, the Radiance 30 point Right Hand Strength makes it almost comparable to Zeal 30 points (there’s still about a 2~3% difference), but if you have more than 50% Critical Damage it’s damage boost is unmatched by any other trait.
Though you’re limited to using 1 Handers, but it’s the best damage boost increasing Trait we have.

Both lines are even more even matched if you consider Fiery Wrath and Radiant Power, but while Radiance is better overall (the target won’t be always burning, but he’ll probably always have a condition), 1 Handers deal a bit little less damage than 2 Handers, so Zeal is still more attractive if you use 2 Handers.

I guess that’s it from what I can remember now… I’m still thinking if I should try to craft the Triforce Amulet since it’s a huge boost overall for my “Dream Build”, but I’m afraid of spending 40~50g on something that will be worth crap in a few months.
Also, I can’t come up with anything better for my Greatsword/Staff and sometimes Sword & Shield than Zeal 30, Valor 10, Honor 30.

Even though I really like Consecrations and I’d love getting Master of Consecrations, the points just aren’t worth it…

(edited by Danicco.3568)

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The best Runes for maximizing points is Divinity, by far, since it gives 240 Main Attribute Points (if you count only Power/Precision/Toughness/Vitality) and 12% Critical Damage (168 Points), plus 60 for Condition Damage/Healing Power.
That’s a 408 / 468 Gear Points worth in Runes.
The second best is Rune of the Pack, it gives 265 Gear Points plus some effects

What about runes that provide a flat % damage bonus, like the Ogre/Strength/Scholar/Thief?

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Great initiative!!

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Danicco.3568

What about runes that provide a flat % damage bonus, like the Ogre/Strength/Scholar/Thief?

Well they don’t give any points, so if you only worry about points, there aren’t so good, except the Ogre because it’s probably a better damage increase than Rune of the Pack if you don’t count it’s (unreliable) proc.

These percentages work a bit differently than Power/Precision values because they’re added on top of whatever you have, so you can’t compare them to other attributes.
For example, a 3800 Attack build will benefit much more from a 4% damage increase than a 2800 Attack build.

In case of these, the more you have before the boost, the better.

But avoid Rune of the Scholar, it looks good in the tooltip but it’s actually crap. There is no fight that you’ll be able to take full advantage of it, not even PvE/Dungeons (in most cases).

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

Thank you Dannico, the calculator does calculate down to final stats using every equation I could find on the wiki, all the way down to your final critical chance, attack rating, and even how much 1 stack of bleeding or confusion will cause.

I did not have critical chance round up on the spreadsheet because I felt people would want to see breakpoints.

Things I am looking to add to the main page
Damage Reduction from total armor, my google skills are weak, this is something people would want to see.

Exisiting soft caps on stats? I hear that power has a soft cap yet precision does not? If there are I will cause the user interface to change colors when you hit soft caps.

Things I would like to add later,
A trait page, I added in the functionality to change your class on this (originally it was for guardians only), it will only be a couple days worth of work to add in a trait page.

Maybe eventually I’ll add the rest of the rune effects to the sheet, the goal was the have something to keep track of my stats, not a character customization sheet. If someone with super webworking skills wants to make a calculator similar to gw2db (awesome pvp calculator) I’ll jump on that to help out, but I dont know how to code the webstuff, I pretty much made that entire excel file using the help files.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

Fixed bad link, sorry about that

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Are you sure about the Boon duration? On my Engineer I can definitely notice to difference with just 10% extra boon duration when building Swiftness using Speedy Kits.

I thought the rules were:

Conditions: rounded to the nearest 1/4 second. Damaging Conditions (Burning, Bleeding and Poison) then get rounded down again to the nearest whole number if they are not already a whole number (so 4.9 seconds of Burning would become 5 while 4.8 seconds of Burning would be rounded down to 4.75 and then 4).

Boons – rounded to the nearest 1/4 second on the tooltips but the server records Boon duration 100% accurately.

This is what the wiki says anyway and it seems to match in game performance.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: thegersh.6750

thegersh.6750

i have done something similar. but its all manual because its been a long time since i used spreadsheets and i have pretty much forgotten everything.

this looks good. however, i cant get it to work. no dropdown boxes. tried it in several browsers and just no go.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

you have to download it
the forumulas will not work in any broswer, only in excel

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: thegersh.6750

thegersh.6750

ah i see. problem solved then. i dont have excel.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Danicco.3568

Are you sure about the Boon duration? On my Engineer I can definitely notice to difference with just 10% extra boon duration when building Swiftness using Speedy Kits.

I thought the rules were:

Conditions: rounded to the nearest 1/4 second. Damaging Conditions (Burning, Bleeding and Poison) then get rounded down again to the nearest whole number if they are not already a whole number (so 4.9 seconds of Burning would become 5 while 4.8 seconds of Burning would be rounded down to 4.75 and then 4).

Boons – rounded to the nearest 1/4 second on the tooltips but the server records Boon duration 100% accurately.

This is what the wiki says anyway and it seems to match in game performance.

You’re correct, I just tested it (again, since I tested it quite some time ago) and for boon durations you get even the milliseconds of it.

While at it, I retested condition duration and it is the same, you do get the milliseconds of it too, but you won’t get the effect from burning for example if it’s not a full second because of it’s mechanic (tick once per second).

Hmm, maybe I should give Virtues another try… though the lack of extra attribute points isn’t really appealing, but it does have the awesome Master of Consecrations

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Box of Ants.5609

Box of Ants.5609

This looks amazing – thanks for your hard work! I’ve wanted something like this since the beginning of the game, and its awesome to see one that looks this thorough.

Unfortunately, even when I download it and open it in Excel 2010, the drop down menus do not appear.

Anybody know what might be causing this?

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

Hmm, I had one guy say the same thing, it works for 2 in 4 people so far? Maybe its google converting it to something, then you trying to convert it back, because google isnt a true xlxs.

Ill look for a filesharing site

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Box of Ants.5609

Box of Ants.5609

The one on filesharing works perfectly – thanks for putting it up again. I think you’re probably right about google’s coversions – I’ve had this sort of problem with other google spreadsheets before.

Anyway, this is by far the nicest gear calculator available. I’ll definitely be watching your threads in case you have the time to update.

I don’t have a lot of excel knowhow (or time, either, these days ), but if you ever need someone to do some data gathering for this, I’d be more than happy to help out where I can.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Taerik.3405

Ive just found some diminishing returns on power, around the 1700 mark, if anyone knows mathematically how this works reply in thread or PM me and I will add it to the spreadsheet, and also cause anything that hits a softcap to turn yellow. (IE I ought to have 1739 power but only have 1710)

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

I am actually working on a web version of this in .net…
If anyone wants to join in on helping let me know via pm.
Working on this in my spare time..
Almost have the models done with full data seeding.
after that its just all ui and the api controller.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I’ve been wanting the exact same thing. Ive been thinking of putting up my own codiing for pve skills calculator. I’ve been hunting but everything is PvP. That doesn’t help when you are wanting one for pve. I can do coding and I can code a web page. I went to school for it, but I will need help. Any help possible from a site provided to help with coding and samples, suggestions etc.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Thank you for this spreadsheet! Other than missing Ascended gear, its works great!

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Wow, kudos to both Taerik and Danicco.

Taerik for a great stat calculator!

Danicco for some very informative detail!

Thanks for such great contributions to the community.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Skibba.5820

Skibba.5820

The download has reached it’s max download limit. Any chance of getting it uploaded again and generating a different URL please?

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: Earth.8917

Earth.8917

that filebin link makes my AV scream about phishing code.

PvE Stat Calculator

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859