Queen's Gauntlet: Guardian Build vs Pirates

in Guardian

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

After 30 tickets I finally found a build that works well.

WEAPONS

Hammer
Scepter & Focus

TRAITS

30 Zeal
VI. X. XI

20 Radiance
II. VI. VIII.

10 Virtues
V

SLOT SKILLS

Signet of Resolve
Save Yourself!
Hammer of Wisdom
Sword of Justice
Renewed Focus [Elite]

BUFFS

Mango Pie: health regen
Grove Emissary [Champion of the Pale Tree]: health regen (really helps but i was able to defeat them without the buff)

GEAR

Berserker armor with 3/6 Superior Rune Ogre and 3/6 Superior Rune Eagle
Aquatic Helm with 1/6 Superior Rune Eagle
+179 Power / +128 Vitality / +9 Crit Hammer with Superior Sigil of Rage
+90 Power / +64 Precision / +5% Crit Scepter with Superior Sigil of Force
+90 Power / +64 Precision / +5% Crit Focus with Superior Sigil of Strength

Berserker Back with Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Berserker Earrings with Exquisite Ruby Jewel (2x)
Berserker Amulet with Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Ring of Red Death with Mighty Infusion
Crystalline Band

BASE STATS (no buffs)

Power 2,318
Attack 3,429
Precision 1,855
Crit Change 49%
Toughness 930
Armor 2,141
Vitality 1,058
Health 12,225
Condition Damage 300
Condition Duration 30%
Boon Duration 10%
Healing Power 0
Crit Damage 70%
Guardian 10%
Magic Find 162%

KILL ORDER

1. First Mate – She does lots of Thief styled burst / poison damage
2. Master Gunner – He does lots of annoying AOE damage.
3. Captain – He evades pretty regularly.
4. Stitches – Other than the occasional “evade” ability from Captain she doesn’t do much else. Of the four she is the easiest… if you follow this kill order.

OVERVIEW

This build is based on the concept “fight fire with fire” in that you are dealing with four NPCs so you can somewhat level the field by bringing two “minions” of your own: Hammer and Sword. Hammer is awesome for knocking down and making a target pretty much useless. Sword does a lot of damage. And with the trait build you are giving your spirit weapons longer life, more damage, more conditional damage, faster skill recharge AND you can command numerous times before they disappear.

OVERVIEW

First Mate.

1. Start with Scepter & Focus.
2. Cast Hammer of Wisdom and Sword of Justice.
3. Cast Ray of Judgement (#4) at First Mate.
4. Make your two spirit weapons attack First Mate.
5. Pop all your buffs and defensive skills and Hammer her. With any luck her health will drop to 5-8%.
6. Signet of Resolve.
7. Switch to Scepter & Focus and finish her off with whatever also continue to make your two spirit weapons attack First Mate.

Master Gunner

1. Cast Ray of Judgement (#4) at Master Gunner.
2. You are likely not going to have your spirit weapons and Signet of Resolve so try and keep yourself alive by avoiding the Captain and Gunner’s AOE fires.
3. Once your CDs are done pop them and wallop on Gunner.
4. If your spirit weapons are off CD pop them and make them attack Master Gunner.
5. Unlike First Mate, Master Gunner’s health drops pretty quick. So just keep bouncing between staying alive, healing, and popping CD to do lots of Scepter & Focus, Hammer and spirit weapon damage

Captain

1. Captain is very similar to Master Gunner the only difference is he has an evade skill that will happen more than average. Basic tank and spank this guy, but also heal when things get hairy.
2. If your spirit weapons are off CD pop them and make them attack Master Gunner.

Stitches

1. Of the four Stitches is the easiest. She does inherit the evade ability from Captain but she uses it maybe 30% of the time.
2. The best thing I found is use the Hammer skill Ring of Warding (#5) and wallop on her inside the “prison” you’ve made. She usually has a harder time evading.

Hope this helps!

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

The pirates weren’t really difficult. First try with Brazil’s DPS build, so I suppose any build that brings a minimum of damage will be sufficient for them.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Just gear up for decent sustain, WW the kitten out of captain and stiches. Piece of cake.
Also WoR is pretty good to pop once in a while because of that ranged guy who deals qquite a lot of damage.

in Guardian

Korval.3751

The pirates weren’t really difficult. First try with Brazil’s DPS build, so I suppose any build that brings a minimum of damage will be sufficient for them.

Instead of stating you used a certain build and it was “LOLeasy” why not post a link to the build? That would make your reply more useful.

Just gear up for decent sustain, WW the kitten out of captain and stiches. Piece of cake.
Also WoR is pretty good to pop once in a while because of that ranged guy who deals qquite a lot of damage.

This is my guide based on my experience after trying several kill orders. For me First Mate > Master Gunner > Captain > Stitches kill order was easiest. This isn’t about who has a better kill order, this is about helping our fellow Guardians with the Gauntlet as much as we can.

Why are you “attacking” my guide? I did not see any guides in this forum for how to deal with this Pirate challenge. I thought I would put one together.

Someone can easily swap out any of the skills for Wall of Reflection but I didn’t include it in the build because I didn’t use it.

(edited by Korval.3751)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

How did I attack your guide? I just told how I personally did it. I do think you are over- analyzing this particular encounter but my post was not meant to be offensive in any way. O.o

in Guardian

Korval.3751

RE: How did I attack your guide?

“Just gear up for decent sustain, WW the kitten out of captain and stiches. Piece of cake.”

and…

“I do think you are over- analyzing this particular encounter”

Basically you make it sound like the encounter is LOLeasy and ANYONE with half a brain should be able to do it half asleep (which, by the way, I did. I haven’t gone to bed yet).

Maybe for you it was LOLeasy but for me I can’t handle random, chaotic madness. It is like colour-blinded for my mind. I cannot process so many things happening on the screen at once in a random fashion. It’s one of the reasons why I was never good at side scrolling shooters like R-Type and Zero Wing. :<

in Guardian

Posted by: Storm.3952

Storm.3952

On the one hand I did it first try and didn’t think it was hard at all. But since everyone doesn’t start with the same stats, gear and traits i’ll share mine. But first, I think the reason you had issues was probably that you were too glass cannon. 2.1k Armour with buffs seems pretty low.

Standard AH build 0/15/30/20/5 (this is my normal build, no optimised for the gauntlet) with 80 pre 8% crit damage food (I had some that needed using up).

6. Healing Signet
7. Stand Your Ground
8. Hold The Line
9. 180 power signet.

Mostly knights armour, zerker trinkets.

Basic tactics really (since it was my first go I wasn’t sure what to expect). Round them up with GS5 and pull them together, then slap them with the GS. I tried to do healer first but ended up doing captain. Then the rogue, then healer then the aoe guy (aoe, red circles, by now it should be 2nd nature to avoid). AH is generating a daft amount of healing, along with dodge rolls, virtues and whatever else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I’m confused….

I went from 1st boss to last boss in 3hrs w/ the same excat gear I use for my WvW zerg bust’n nights…

PVT + Celestial + PVT Weapons: 0/0/30/30/10.

It’s NOT… let me just clear this up… it’s NOT about gear.

Man… all these gear questions and “have to’s” are getting freak’n ridiculous.

I just can’t be bothered to do the last boss…. PVE is an utter waste of time.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Liadri is actually pretty fun, Amins.

Anyway, I see all of these posts about the pirates… I don’t really get it. What is it that people are having trouble with? I’m genuinely interested in knowing. Like Amins said, from first to last, it’s pretty simple and can be done with pretty much any gear. It’s just knowing the mechanics and being able to dodge, block, etc.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

^^ I don’t see how static, npc, game play is fun anymore.

It’s nice to see the new shiney’s (1 time), but after that, it’s boring.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Most of my MMO background is hardcore raiding/raid leading in WoW, so I find some amusement in static, scripted gameplay. So long as it’s reasonably challenging.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

didnt even bother to dodge or use blinds/blocks. It is just a matter of killing them in the right order.

Did it with full celestials and spamming skill one with the scepter/focus.

in Guardian

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

After 30 tickets I finally found a build that works well.

WEAPONS

Hammer
Scepter & Focus

TRAITS

30 Zeal
VI. X. XI

20 Radiance
II. VI. VIII.

10 Virtues
V

SLOT SKILLS

Signet of Resolve
Save Yourself!
Hammer of Wisdom
Sword of Justice
Renewed Focus [Elite]

BUFFS

Mango Pie: health regen
Grove Emissary [Champion of the Pale Tree]: health regen (really helps but i was able to defeat them without the buff)

GEAR

Berserker armor with 3/6 Superior Rune Ogre and 3/6 Superior Rune Eagle
Aquatic Helm with 1/6 Superior Rune Eagle
+179 Power / +128 Vitality / +9 Crit Hammer with Superior Sigil of Rage
+90 Power / +64 Precision / +5% Crit Scepter with Superior Sigil of Force
+90 Power / +64 Precision / +5% Crit Focus with Superior Sigil of Strength

Berserker Back with Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Berserker Earrings with Exquisite Ruby Jewel (2x)
Berserker Amulet with Exquisite Ruby Jewel
Ring of Red Death with Mighty Infusion
Crystalline Band

BASE STATS (no buffs)

Power 2,318
Attack 3,429
Precision 1,855
Crit Change 49%
Toughness 930
Armor 2,141
Vitality 1,058
Health 12,225
Condition Damage 300
Condition Duration 30%
Boon Duration 10%
Healing Power 0
Crit Damage 70%
Guardian 10%
Magic Find 162%

KILL ORDER

1. First Mate – She does lots of Thief styled burst / poison damage
2. Master Gunner – He does lots of annoying AOE damage.
3. Captain – He evades pretty regularly.
4. Stitches – Other than the occasional “evade” ability from Captain she doesn’t do much else. Of the four she is the easiest… if you follow this kill order.

OVERVIEW

This build is based on the concept “fight fire with fire” in that you are dealing with four NPCs so you can somewhat level the field by bringing two “minions” of your own: Hammer and Sword. Hammer is awesome for knocking down and making a target pretty much useless. Sword does a lot of damage. And with the trait build you are giving your spirit weapons longer life, more damage, more conditional damage, faster skill recharge AND you can command numerous times before they disappear.

OVERVIEW

First Mate.

1. Start with Scepter & Focus.
2. Cast Hammer of Wisdom and Sword of Justice.
3. Cast Ray of Judgement (#4) at First Mate.
4. Make your two spirit weapons attack First Mate.
5. Pop all your buffs and defensive skills and Hammer her. With any luck her health will drop to 5-8%.
6. Signet of Resolve.
7. Switch to Scepter & Focus and finish her off with whatever also continue to make your two spirit weapons attack First Mate.

Master Gunner

1. Cast Ray of Judgement (#4) at Master Gunner.
2. You are likely not going to have your spirit weapons and Signet of Resolve so try and keep yourself alive by avoiding the Captain and Gunner’s AOE fires.
3. Once your CDs are done pop them and wallop on Gunner.
4. If your spirit weapons are off CD pop them and make them attack Master Gunner.
5. Unlike First Mate, Master Gunner’s health drops pretty quick. So just keep bouncing between staying alive, healing, and popping CD to do lots of Scepter & Focus, Hammer and spirit weapon damage

Captain

1. Captain is very similar to Master Gunner the only difference is he has an evade skill that will happen more than average. Basic tank and spank this guy, but also heal when things get hairy.
2. If your spirit weapons are off CD pop them and make them attack Master Gunner.

Stitches

1. Of the four Stitches is the easiest. She does inherit the evade ability from Captain but she uses it maybe 30% of the time.
2. The best thing I found is use the Hammer skill Ring of Warding (#5) and wallop on her inside the “prison” you’ve made. She usually has a harder time evading.

Hope this helps!

It helps – those who don’t know how to play Guardians yet – we noobs to Guardian, thank you.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I did it first time with 0/0/30/30/10 Cleric Build. No food
I dont understand what’s so hard about this battle.

in Guardian

Posted by: seven.6390

seven.6390

Did it only once too.. Had PVT gear on..
0/5/30/30/5

Order I killed them

Stitches
Master gunner
first mate
captain.

took me only 1 run.

Hammer PVT
Scepter focus Berzerk/berzerk.

Just kitted each one till they all died.