RIP the only useful trap

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

/Facedesk

realy ?
REALY ?

atleast fix/buff the dragon hunter before fixing/nerfing the only usefull stuff in it……

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Lol you guys are hilarious. Yes keep crying you lost a skill that one shots everyone. That’s totally alright.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

There’s quite a few people that secretly main thief in this thread huh…
It really shows.

Devona’s Rest

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

oh welp, it was fun as long as it lasted, will be remembered

pic related, me posing victorious with the remains of a thief in the background who killed himself on Hunter’s Determination :D

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

This trap will be missed

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Vennyhedgie.5369

oh welp, it was fun as long as it lasted, will be remembered

pic related, me posing victorious with the remains of a thief in the background who killed himself on Hunter’s Determination

And while you were hunting down that thief, your necro friend got wrecked because you left him to die. What a lousy “guardian” :p

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

What a lovely day to be a guardian aka future dragon hunter. ZERO news about anything else but a trap nerf :P

Attachments:

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Lol you guys are hilarious. Yes keep crying you lost a skill that one shots everyone. That’s totally alright.

i don’t thank people disagree totally that it was bugged. its more a frustration w/ the dh skills/utilities/etc (and guard frustrations w/ base specs). people continue to feel other classes get improvements while litle hapens to address the concerns for this class

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

You’re right, it was WAY over the top. It’s essentially a slightly stronger version of Smite Condition 3×. It needed to be fixed. This wasn’t a nerf but a fix to a broken skill.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: ebslike.1852

ebslike.1852

Because as of right now, I don’t see it being better than the typical meditations or shouts.

Elite specs are not supposed to be better, they are supposed to be different from the core class.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Because as of right now, I don’t see it being better than the typical meditations or shouts.

Elite specs are not supposed to be better, they are supposed to be different from the core class.

Chrono, Reaper, Herald, Druid says otherwise.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

Alas, it was indeed a bug and needed to be fixed. A single skill that deals that much damage (from being CC’d, nonetheless) was a bit much. Sleight of hand was your best friend this last weekend in PvP.

Your FIRST and ONLY word on trap is a nerf..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8MqKfsLLxs

so Karl finally responds to a thread…
to announce the only useful Trap is “fixed”…
after he tolled Thiefs first.

i give up.

karl clearly has no respect for us players and this profession.

Watch out man, the terms of Conduct doesn’t allow you to criticize a developer, even if ALL the problems is imputable to him and his team.. just give a constructive contribution, maybe some kitty pics (kitty always work).

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

ebslike.1852

Then those specs are the problem, not Dragon Hunter. Dragon Hunter (and for example Berserker) offer a new way of playing the original class without outshining it.

(edited by ebslike.1852)

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Then those specs are the problem, not Dragon Hunter.

So better specs are the problem? lol.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

ebslike.1852

Then those specs are the problem, not Dragon Hunter.

So better specs are the problem? lol.

If the design decision is to create elite trait lines that offer a different way of playing a class but those trait lines are not supposed to be more of less powerful then the original trait lines, then the trait lines that are more powerful then their original counterparts are not hitting their design goals. Right?

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Guys, let’s be fair: Yes, traps are awful, and DH is lacking sorely, and this sucks, but it was a bug. It needed to be fixed.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I would actually use the traps (post-bug-fix) if the CD’s were drastically reduced. Look at ranger traps; burning, poison, combo fields, all on 12-24 second CD’s (if spec’d). 36+ second cooldowns is just far too long. Not to mention DH traps don’t put out any combo fields and the conditions they add in most situations are lackluster (cripple or a reveal). I’ll admit the reveal trap is a nice idea (if you can get someone downed and then use it to stop stealth rezzing), but engi’s already have this in a majority of builds and can bring it much easier with a much shorter cooldown, so there’s really no point if we’re looking at this from a sPvP meta-comp perspective.

Karl, I would recommend reducing trap CD’s and scaling down the effects if need be (although in my opinion I would say the effects need to be improved by either a combo field or better additional condi’s). There’s too much "I better land all my traps or they’re not useful and I’m dead because they won’t be back up in enough time". Not to mention with the FoF nerf the amount of damage they put out was very weak.

How about adjusting the trap trait to daze for 1 second to also put out an aoe blind? Or if any of the traps dropped a water field that would drastically change the use/interest in them.

(edited by docMed.7692)

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Guys, let’s be fair: Yes, traps are awful, and DH is lacking sorely, and this sucks, but it was a bug. It needed to be fixed.

Let’s be honest, yes traps suck, yes the trait new line doesn’t synergize well with other lines, yes the virtues can be interrupted causing none of the boons or condi removal to happen, yes the bow feels underwhelming, yes they didn’t give us a 25% move, yes they nerfed the only usable trap but…. i forgot where I was going with this.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

The problem IMHO is not the fix, clearly necessary, but the lack of transparence.. Karl never spent a single word on trap and the first time I can read something about it, is in the THIEF SUB-FORUM and all about a NERF..

this leave me really sad.. if I can I’ll insta change him for everyone else..

ps: forgive my english

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

I hope they decide to do another Beta weekend so we can test stuff out again. I would like to test the ‘fixed’ version of fragments trap. Hopefully it can provide decent shatter burst after fix. However I wont hold my breath

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Bug fixes are not nerfs.

Fishsticks

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

Alas, it was indeed a bug and needed to be fixed. A single skill that deals that much damage (from being CC’d, nonetheless) was a bit much. Sleight of hand was your best friend this last weekend in PvP.

What does this mean for me as a WvW player? Was this bug isolated to fragments hitting too much/kitten 1 player or damage as a whole?

If this trap gets it’s damaged reduced than all other traps need to be buffed up.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Vennyhedgie.5369

I hope they decide to do another Beta weekend so we can test stuff out again. I would like to test the ‘fixed’ version of fragments trap. Hopefully it can provide decent shatter burst after fix. However I wont hold my breath

Lol the expansion is literaly two weeks away, why would you want another beta. Let’s just give them the two weeks remaining to fix the most broken stuff (like this trap) and be ready for release.
I feel like people forget that this is a live game and patches can (and will) occur even after release to fix any issues. It’s not like what we get on release can’t be changed if need be.

RIP the only useful trap

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

What will you slot it over?

And that right there says everything about why you’re not prospering with Dragonhunter. Because you’re not making a Dragonhunter at all, you’re trying to tweak a Guardian build you’re already attached to.

Back way up. Look at your new toolset with fresh eyes. Begin again.

One of the things about being able to fight from range or making meleeing with you an unattractive proposition with mid-fight trap drops is you don’t need or even want the same tools you carry on a medi-Guard.

Will Dragonhunter builds be as potent in the first month of refinement as a build that’s been polished for years? It had better NOT be, because that’s just nuts both as an expectation and as really crap design work. But, give it three months and you’re gonna see both the play-experience and the build-craft mesh to generate some real threats on the field, threats that will kick you’re backside if you try to counter them like every Guard with a bow is just a handicapped medi-guard.

Sorry I don’t have a complete playstyle to lay out in front of you, yet. The class is still in flux and the DH fans have only had six days compared to 2+ years. But keep an open mind. You’ll be fighting against and alongside the real deal very soon.

I wont be playing along side any for long because I’ll be in rated spvp and I figure even the idiots that start out trying to play it in rated spvp will be gone after a few days of getting rolled playing one of the most underpowered elite specs. Now you WvWvW and pve players enjoy your subpar pew pew.