Roy Cronacher on Rev Sword auto chain

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Brutal-Blade/first#post5588970

“I’ve gotten lots of feedback, increasingly so with time, about this part of the sword auto-attack chain. I’ll be changing this skill so that it will no longer use a projectile attack and instead it will become a normal melee attack which applies vulnerability.”
Hi Karl!

How about we change our Sword #1 auto attack chain to NOT use projectile attacks while we are at it. Please? We have only been asking for it for 2 years now

(edited by Hunter.4783)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Well its planned for 2018. So don’t worry its just 3 more years. And remember, guardians are at a good spot

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I, for one, am embracing our new Revenant overlords. The hell with this sinking ship.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Oh look! The sword change that we’ve wanted forever is going to another profession. How unexpected and totally shocking.

Threemoreyears

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Don’t forget how they took away the root on repentant staff because it ‘felt awkward’.
GO HOME guardian sword 3 roots you as well. Don’t event mention true shot at this point. Or staff 4. And absolutely forget about longbow 5.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

its almost lik a joke, but its rl

in Guardian

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

The sword auto needs to be changed badly. Guardian sword has absolutely nothing going for it other than the blink. If it didn’t have that it would be the worst guardian weapon by far. The auto attack does NOTHING but damage. No boons, no conditions. Nothing. The only thing it does is cast a projectile which can be reflected, which is an actual weakness.
Either remove the projectiles and add something new, or make them unblockable for both the auto and the sword 3, this way they can’t be reflected either.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Guardian and #3 sword are in a good spot

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

This change hit me hard, im in the process of making Bolt to go with my Flameseeker and the thing is i dont really like guardian sword skills. They always felt clunky but which is why i mainly use scepter but Bolt was too sexy to ignore. Now revenant has the change I wanted for at least one of the 3 sword skills =\. This is a bummer.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

If certain someone in the derv team is wishing this topic will be quickly buried away by new threads, save your breath. I’ll push it up whenever it’s no longer in the front page.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

If certain someone in the derv team is wishing this topic will be quickly buried away by new threads, save your breath. I’ll push it up whenever it’s no longer in the front page.

that wuld imply they take the time to notice threads in guard subforum…

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

that wuld imply they take the time to notice threads in guard subforum…

Now don’t say that! Look at how quickly they fixed Fragments of Faith for us – we even got a developer response dedicated to it. I don’t think I’ve seen a faster response time since they fixed “We Heal As One!” on the Ranger a couple weeks ago. You can be sure they’re reading our forums and planning the next Guardian fix.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

This is becoming a sad parody. At least we have our blocks…. i guess

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I wonder how long until this thread gets locked just like the “rip the only useful trap” thread. I’m not saying it should, but the devs don’t seem to like us talking about how unfair we are treated.

I think i will stop playing and create a Revenant instead in HoT.

For years we asked for Gardians to be fixed only for them to give everything we ever wanted to other professions, combine this with our terrible elite spec. I’m done.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunfish.5970

Sunfish.5970

Lol amazing. How long I’ve wished for it not to be projectiles. While they’re at it they should fix the fact that sword 3 doesn’t destroy reflected projectiles, and also suck at hitting the target

If they really wanna prove that they listen to the forums, this is the easiest thing they can do. My longbow, sword focus build literally gets countered by any projectile destruction, despite me using a melee weapon.

Poopy Person : (

in Guardian

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

Lol amazing. How long I’ve wished for it not to be projectiles. While they’re at it they should fix the fact that sword 3 doesn’t destroy reflected projectiles, and also suck at hitting the target

If they really wanna prove that they listen to the forums, this is the easiest thing they can do. My longbow, sword focus build literally gets countered by any projectile destruction, despite me using a melee weapon.

Lol especially when you’re at lord and there’s nothing you can do cause every lb skill except ward and every sword skill is a projectile.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alent.4780

Alent.4780

Is it to late to ask for a refund on HoT? XD

in Guardian

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

As a Guardian for the last 3 years, I was ready to set down my ankh, and try out a different profession…

I was VERY voical on the Rev forms about Brutal Blade and along with others, it got changed.

I suggest making noise. Lots and lots of noise. But polity.

No need to be rude or anything.

Guard, Sword, Auto #3, Sword Wave – Change it from a projectile to a persistent stab like Mai Trin!

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

in Guardian

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Guardian are in a good spot

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

This is becoming a sad parody. At least we have our blocks…. i guess

So as others. But yah, i know, we still do, for now.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Guard, Sword, Auto #3, Sword Wave – Change it from a projectile to a persistent stab like Mai Trin!

Take Wave of Wrath from Staff, shrink it to 300 distance and 50% width of the old Sword Wave. Each sword animation is the location of one of those new smaller Wave of Wraths. Retain all previous aspects of skill like damage, coefficients, ect.

Boom, actual Wave skill, not a projectile, retains all previous functionality with VoJ synergy, still hits 3 times in center, 1 or 2 times on edges ect, less problems against z-axis…
By far the easiest fix.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fadhli.9086

Fadhli.9086

Take Wave of Wrath from Staff, shrink it to 300 distance and 50% width of the old Sword Wave. Each sword animation is the location of one of those new smaller Wave of Wraths. Retain all previous aspects of skill like damage, coefficients, ect.

Boom, actual Wave skill, not a projectile, retains all previous functionality with VoJ synergy, still hits 3 times in center, 1 or 2 times on edges ect, less problems against z-axis…
By far the easiest fix.

This is worth a shot, if I must say. Good idea!

Chieftain Snuffy – Guardian
Founder | Smaash Gaming Community

in Guardian

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

You mean you guys are staying on your guards when rev is out?

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: xinkspillx.3914

xinkspillx.3914

I think it’s also relevant to point out that the new warrior Primal Burst for sword is basically an upgraded version of Zealot’s defense that does not root you.

There is of course the whole business with the changes to Gyros being exactly what we’ve been requesting for Spirit Weapons.

It seems the Guardian forum is an excellent place for the Devs to find ideas to fix other professions . . .

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’ve pretty much mained guardian sense release and used sword 90% of the time.

Personally the only issue I have is sometimes I’m not really facing an enemy that is directly in front of me and I am targeted to but miss. Really the auto attack chain is fine, the blink and blind is great, and the 3rd skill is typically fine.

Revenant was changed due to the projectile being similar to guardian throwing a torch and having it miss often and having terrain always being an issue missing everything in front of you, on an auto attack that just could not work. Torch throw needs fixed though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Gyro had problems. Will it get fixed? Yes
Spirit Weapons have problems. Will it get fixed? Hopefully in 2020.

Sword auto on Rev had problems. Will it get fixed? Yes.
Sword auto on Guardian have problems. Will it get fixed? Hopefully in 2022.

It would be comical if it were not tragic…

Not only that, could (hopefully before 2050) take a look at Guardian Signets?

Waiting 3+ years to something get fixed (Shield) isn’t fun at all. (and still counting things that will take more than 3 years to get fixed like spirit weapons…)

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Personally the only issue I have is sometimes I’m not really facing an enemy that is directly in front of me and I am targeted to but miss. Really the auto attack chain is fine, the blink and blind is great, and the 3rd skill is typically fine.

Revenant was changed due to the projectile being similar to guardian throwing a torch and having it miss often and having terrain always being an issue missing everything in front of you, on an auto attack that just could not work. Torch throw needs fixed though.

I’ve lost the count on how much I miss with the last chain of Sword auto due terrain…

If they don’t want to change, they should fix the pathing problems, like you mentioned torch #4, but all types of projectiles suffer problems.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I have 18 character slots, so I can have two Guardian’s and two Revenants. Not a huge deal.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

I have 18 character slots, so I can have two Guardian’s and two Revenants. Not a huge deal.

but you could delete them and have 4 revs and still be better off.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Better have 4 Waifu Chronomancers.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Can’t praise Rodgort with a Revenant.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Same, it’s annoying sometimes, but I still swear by sword+focus, and it works kitten well enough for me. idk what all the QQ is about, I swear this forum is way too much salt for my diet

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Guardian

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Don’t forget how they took away the root on repentant staff because it ‘felt awkward’.
GO HOME guardian sword 3 roots you as well. Don’t event mention true shot at this point. Or staff 4. And absolutely forget about longbow 5.

Ranger is in the same boat as you guys.

Clunky sword auto that root you and makes you unable to dodge.
Rooting Axe 5 and still no fix… (By far the worst skill in PVP, low dm and self root FIVE BLOODY SECONDS)
(Not to mention you guys’ LB 5 is a direct copy of Barrage, so if you feel like self rooting while using 5 is clunky, then you’d know how ranger feels when they use Barrage. Not to mention the whole effect would expire immediately if you got interrupted or cancel it midway during casting, unlike Meteor shower)

I know how you guys feel >_<

They almost put every possible attention on Revenant now.
The more reason to roll one post HoT -.-

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Guardian

merchantchuck.4875

Anet don’t ignore us! Please fix our sword!
….Especially since im making Bolt… Don’t fail me please kthxbye <3

in Guardian

Aomine.5012

Your Bolt will most likely be used on Revenant since they have the strongest 1-Hand sword skills/highest dps 1-Hand sword in the whole game.

in Guardian

merchantchuck.4875

Your Bolt will most likely be used on Revenant since they have the strongest 1-Hand sword skills/highest dps 1-Hand sword in the whole game.

Lmao no don’t tell me this ;0 I don’t want to quit guardian ;(

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Then Don’t?

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Aomine.5012

Then Don’t?

I have a better solution here.

Use on all of them through transform charges :P

in Guardian

merchantchuck.4875

Then Don’t?

im joking around man, i just want sword to be fixed

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I love my guardian ( my first toon) but ive come to realise that its far better and rewarding to play a class with a Dev that actually cares.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "