Sanctuary is awesome

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

It’s like literally everything I want from the guardian in a single ability. It heals for a lot right now and the increased radius feels great. I mean I really liked the ability before (even though it was probably underpowered), but I freaking love it now.
Hallowed Ground might even be able to compete with SYG now too, so a big win for consecrations overall. It’s about time.

Really loving the guardian changes, gotta applaud ANet for their latest patch. :>

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Shhhh! If you get too excited they will destroy it!

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

This is what I’m most afraid of.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

:X

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

I don’t like that the whole thing disappears (projectile block and healing) if it gets bumped 10 times. I’d like if it just lost knockback property after the 10th. But it is awesome. Super fun to use.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hmm. It may not be as useful as I thought xD. I don’t hit 25% hp enough

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

It should be at 50% hp like Defy Pain (which activates Endure Pain) does for Warriors.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

I was mainly referring to Sanctuary as in the utility skill, although Virtuous Solace does activate at a bit of a low health point. I don’t really mind too much though, personally speaking.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I think it is ok, a group of guardians is really strong and sturdy, each one suporting the next one, solace dont need to be that strong.

imo.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

Activating at 25% is better imho. Thanks to our low hp and good survivability skills, we constantly lose good % hp and then heal it at the sam time. And the trait proccing at 50% when we absolutely did not need it and could have easily healed back would just waste it…

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I don’t see it being a waste but rather keeping our sustain at a higher level

25% health is around 4k health with Mauraders and any class with stability can walk through the Sanctuary bubble and come in the dome and kill you. Or if you have existing conditions with no clears, you’re potentially dead.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I don’t see it being a waste but rather keeping our sustain at a higher level

25% health is around 4k health with Mauraders and any class with stability can walk through the Sanctuary bubble and come in the dome and kill you. Or if you have existing conditions with no clears, you’re potentially dead.

unblockables to, well it is not to make guard invunerable or almost invunerable, just to give us some time to empower nearby or DH f2 on ally inside sanctuary.

As for sanctuary i dont see as a skill to support us but to support someone being poushed(as all cconcecrations).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Perhaps it could be part of some support bunker build. I see potential for Sanctuary on the Battle of Kyhlo map mid node. Maybe for Vale Guardian to stop the seekers. One minute cooldown makes it hard to proactively use it though.

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

like I said in the update thread, this trait is still terrible, it only looks shiny, the actual application of it leaves so much to be desired.

for example, if it procs automatically at 25% hp, it would be decent, but requiring you to get HIT after dropping 25% hp means a lot of times, your bubble drops when you enter down state since the trait somehow has a 1 second cast time.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Sanctuary is awesome

in Guardian

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

like I said in the update thread, this trait is still terrible, it only looks shiny, the actual application of it leaves so much to be desired.

for example, if it procs automatically at 25% hp, it would be decent, but requiring you to get HIT after dropping 25% hp means a lot of times, your bubble drops when you enter down state since the trait somehow has a 1 second cast time.

That is problematic. They obviously have been paying attention to the forums, I hope they note this and make it proc as soon as you drop below 25%. I think the cast time is a holdover from the actual skill maybe?