Shield of Judgement:
-Cast time increased to 1 second
-Cooldown reduced from 30 to 25 seconds
-Now blocks all attacks while casting
-Standard protection uptime increased from 5 to 6 seconds

Shield of Absorption
-Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35
-Dome duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
-Allies in dome now gain 2 second regeneration every second spent inside the dome

Please, let’s make what should have been our professions “standard” offhand viable!

Would you use it if shield got these proposed changes?

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

More than anything I want the shield to become viable. The classic look of a sword and shield as well as the shield being the “symbol” of the Guardian just make me drawn to that class. I really hope it gets some adjustments.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

I think it really is bizarre that we can block with a focus but not with a shield.

Shield of Judgment’s cooldown is too long for what it does. Either reduce the cooldown so it can provide significant protection uptime or add some other effect to it like making it daze enemies it hits.

Shield of Absorption would be a lot more interesting if its duration was reduced to only 2 seconds but it caused all allies within to block all attacks for that duration. That would have powerful teamplay implications and would finally allow guardians to block with their shield (something players generally expect to be able to do with a shield.)

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

shield is most horrible offhand for guardian or warrior in this game. Guardian can`t block with shield…it`s like a stupid joke lol…

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Cavendish.2168

Cavendish.2168

I really wish shield had better skills. Lately, i have been going sword/focus +scepter/focus because shield sucks so much. Your changes might help make it a better but its still not as good a warrior shield.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Really would be nice to actually ‘block’ with the shield (not counting the few projectiles we can absorb currently). Shield of absorption’s AoE knockback has always been nice, but beyond that the weapon is very lame. Even Conjure Earth shield is becoming more of a shield next patch (improved attacks, a block, invuln on shorter cooldown…)

Time to revisit the guardian shield and give it some aesthetic redesign. The most obvious place to start is the #4 shield of judgment. Protection is always a nice boon to have , but simply having prot and the small dd component is not enough for this lame skill.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I used a mace and shield for months after release because that`s what I wanted to use. The mace skills weren`t bad but the shield skills themselves aren`t the greatest. I can honestly contribute and help a group more just spamming the #1 hammer skill and they will have more protection and almost the same healing as a mace/shield setup. I`d love for them to make the offhand shield actually worth using over the hammer.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

I think one step to take for making the shield more attractive is to drop the shield trait to T1. They realized that warriors didn’t like having to go 20 points in just for a shield CD, and guardians don’t either. Whether or not it’s particularly effective, it’s plainly obvious that mace+shield was meant to be the guardian’s heal/support dual setup. Making the traits for these weapons compete for a trait slot is an odd choice. It would make a clear playstyle more accessible.

Shield 4 I don’t have much comment on. For WvW, the protection duration / up-time is excellent. It’s less potent in spvp though, so I can see why you might want more from it there. Shield 5, I agree, the CD feels too long at its current power level. Otherwise, at its current CD I think it could at least stand a healing power coefficient increase. An 0.2 ratio is abysmal, and makes this weapon extremely unattractive to the supportive healing/boon playstyle it wants to be used by.

dragonbrand—

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I would like to see something like this:

Shield of Judgement:

• Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds
  • Grants Regen as well as Protection
  • Applies 2 stacks of Torment on enemy targets

Shield of Absorption:

• Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds
  • Knockback changed to Blowout
  • Dome now destroys projectiles
  • Detonation now destroys the Dome and applies Blind to nearby foes as well as heals allies

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

If anything, they need to make Shield of Judgement more active play not another passive skill with X secs boon.

What I would like to see is something like this:

Shield of Judgement:
Makes the Guardian rushes forward and block anything in his path. Using similar mechanic of Ride the Lightning but you will move at a rate of 400 units per second.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Damage Damage: xxx
Block: 1 s
Combo Finisher: Leap
Range: 400

With this a Guardian can use this skill both way, Defense and Offence. He can use this to save his allies by rushing toward them and block some attack(s) for them or he can use it for himself as a gasp closer or anything you can think of.

All is vain.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Raeven.9817

Raeven.9817

As far as I read it shield now has got an active block:

“Shield of Judgement:
-Now BLOCKS all attacks while casting "

Nice!

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

I’d give anything to have shield grant an application of Aegis.

We have so many great traits we can spec into that offer benefits when an Aegis is procced, but we have such an obscenely small number of ways to add Aegis uses to our rotation. It’s pretty much Retreat and Renewed Focus, in terms of adding additional Aegis uses.

Aegis is a magical shield that grants one block and triggers Aegis traits we’ve specced into. Our actual shield does not block, and doesn’t have any link to the spell effect of the same theme and shape. What gives?! It’s like I’m taking crazy pills here.

My dream come true would be for an Aegis button on our shield that either gave us a personal Aegis on a 30s timer or an AoE Aegis on a 40s timer.

Who do I need to makeout with to make this happen? I am willing to take one for the team.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I think it would be even cooler if when you held you right mouse button down, you held your shield up to block.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I use the shield, and it’s fine for now. Later on, I’d like to see some of your changes implemented though. I only use the mace/shield combo because my guardian is built to heal/protect/regenerate health and endurance.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Shield changes

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

I use the shield, and it’s fine for now. Later on, I’d like to see some of your changes implemented though. I only use the mace/shield combo because my guardian is built to heal/protect/regenerate health and endurance.

You’re using the shield to heal, protect, and regen? You’d be better off with a Focus.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Shield of Judgement:
-Now blocks all attacks while casting
-Standard protection uptime increased from 5 to 6 seconds

Shield of Absorption
-Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35
-Dome duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
-Allies in dome now gain 2 second regeneration every second spent inside the dome

Please, let’s make what should have been our professions “standard” offhand viable!

Would you use it if shield got these proposed changes?

I would love to play off-hand shield, it does need to be changed quite a bit, if not in the ways you pointed out, then in some other ways.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I think shield is perfectly fine as it is for anything PvP-related.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

They should just change the skills to work similar to how they did in gw1:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Judgment

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shield_of_Absorption

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

More than anything I want the shield to become viable. The classic look of a sword and shield as well as the shield being the “symbol” of the Guardian just make me drawn to that class. I really hope it gets some adjustments.

The actual weapon isn’t our symbol, it’s Aegis which happens to look like a shield.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Shield changes

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

The actual weapon isn’t our symbol, it’s Aegis which happens to look like a shield.

The effect of Aegis is a shield because of what a shield does. It protects you. Thus, the symbol of the guard class is actually a shield. Aegis or not.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Siobhan.3582

Siobhan.3582

shield is most horrible offhand for guardian or warrior in this game. Guardian can`t block with shield…it`s like a stupid joke lol…

Sorry Deathmond, but if you think Warrior shield is bad, you really do not understand basic aspects of this game.

That one person.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: MercenaryK.4180

MercenaryK.4180

I’d like to see at least Shield #5 changed to where the detonation had more of an affect that you could feel or see versus a small heal. Being rooted I feel that should wait out the duration, but often times I’m using it just for the knock-back.

Shield #4 is fine, in my opinion. I keep that skill on cool down as much as possible. Maybe add a small knock-back/push back, it would fit the animation imo.

And I first thought it was dumb to have a shield and it not block attacks, but then I remember in GW1 shields functioned the exact same way – they didn’t have a block mechanic to them. Funny how ANet’s approach to shields is different from every other MMO.

I too picked the Guardian because of the mace/shield combo. Outside of the first two Norn zones, I have been using every other weapon combination >_>

(edited by MercenaryK.4180)

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

how block mechanic in this game act as “OOooo S^ht button” in WoW, cooldown took too long to be called blocking.

while i have an idea how blocking should work.
we have stamina bar for dodge right, now integrate that with active blocking.
now you have to bind key as dodge/shield, like shift.
*if you move and press shift you dodge, but if you didnt move and press shield you raise shield to block.
*every hit that blocked reduce stamina 1/10 and will regenerate stamina 3x slower than normal.
*block only work if attacked from front.
*stamina regen slower while moving, and normal rate while staying still
*apply to all shield user

now we have parry,
*disabled if using shield
*work like shield but cannot block projectile
*each hit parried reduce 1/5 of stamina
*all class with one hand weapon can parry

a few shield skill doesnt have in guild wars 2
like Shield Charge, Shield Slam (owh wait, warrior have it), Shield Throw, Shield something something…
add new skill to switch like utility work, give us more variety .

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Shukay.3728

Shukay.3728

Shield of Judgement:
* Add a blast finisher
* knock back enemies (320)
* Reduce CD to 25
* Grant 6 sec of protection to yourself and allies (max 5)
* range 600

Shield of Absorption:
* Guardian can move (the most important thing)
* Reduce CD to almost 30/35 sec
* Not more knock back enemies on cast but daze (max 5?) for 2/3 sec
* when activate grant 2 sec of regen for yourself and the allies inside (max 5) the dome every sec
* detonate grant aegis to yourself and allies (max 5) and heal them for 1400
* The dome absorb projectiles
* shield duration 5/6 sec
* cast other weapons skills or change weapon set will interrupt the dome but u can revive people without interrupt the field
* not more light field

i choose 1400 because the elementalist with 15 traits in water, cure himself than 1300 entering in water attunament

still would not be the case with start removing some retalation and change the light field of the guardian in another? or maybe think of another field do not know why what can the watchman with his field?

retalation area continuously, the only side where the light field may be used with the base attack would be the scepter but the thing is of course denied because it would be too powerful.

I think, then tell me if I’m wrong, retalation is overvalued. it is as if since you would not want to make too powerful Gardiano was added to replace the retalation aking another buff would be too powerful

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

The shield is 100% fine. Unlike some of the button mashing weapons though, the shield actually takes know-how to use as well as good timing. Learn to play.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

Shukay buddy, I think you need to try using Sanctuary… that seems to be more like what you’re talking about. If you were to use all your suggestions there, you’d have to have a really long cooldown for it to not be overpowered.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I am not opposed to seeing the Shield being more useful in PvE I got the Flameseeker because it was the only legendary I liked the look of. Right now its primary my WvW weapon, which is fine. I love using the shield there. My only problem is that the focus seems a much better option for PvE, but I will not be getting the legendary focus, I do not like how it looks.

I like the system as it is. We don’t need to be using our stamina for blocking. Right now when running a Zerker guardian sword/focus and gs I have a number of blinds and blocks to keep me on my feet as well as dodges. If I have to start using my stamina to block, I am going to be losing out on some of I my defense.

I realize that your wanting to have a complete re-work of the skill. But I don’t see that we need this.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Shield changes

in Guardian

Shukay.3728

Shukay buddy, I think you need to try using Sanctuary… that seems to be more like what you’re talking about. If you were to use all your suggestions there, you’d have to have a really long cooldown for it to not be overpowered.

i suggest some utilities.. but the focus of all were 2 thing…

4 as a blast finisher
5 you can move….

because it must be hard to choose between shield or staff.

of course, i am the first to say that I exaggerated on some things but I gave an idea of I meant …

and remember that Sanctuary also makes sure that no enemy can enter. This combined with the regeneration and protection from projectiles implies that it has a high cooldown obvious

(edited by Shukay.3728)

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

The shield is 100% fine. Unlike some of the button mashing weapons though, the shield actually takes know-how to use as well as good timing. Learn to play.

So mash 4 on Cooldown, huge aoe dmg/buff (low skill) and for absorption hope enemies don’t have stability or it’s worthless. Right?

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

So mash 4 on Cooldown, huge aoe dmg/buff (low skill) and for absorption hope enemies don’t have stability or it’s worthless. Right?

No actually not at all. I believe you should use the #4 skill when you are able to hit the most targets, and/or when your allies are about to take large amounts of burst damage. If an ally of yours is being focused down, don’t sit there clueless, THAT is the moment you should have saved the skill for. That is when they need it most. If you’re using shield of judgement for it’s aoe damage… you’re just wrong.

As for absorption, apparently you don’t realize that it’s more than just a knockback. It’s very versatile depending on whether you’re fighting your opponent in melee or at range.

If at range simply pop the skill and continue on. You don’t even need to watch the entire animation, just pop it pull it back down immediately and it will continue to block every single blockable projectile for you and all allies inside for 4 whole seconds. If timed right, that is HUGE. NO other profession comes close to doing anything like that.

If in melee combat, use the shield for the knockback, then immediately detonate. If your opponent has stability, as a guardian you can’t really do a lot about it but try to knockback before they can pop their stability. Just know your opponent if possible. Even if you can’t knock them back (which 9/10 times you can) you should immediately detonate it for the 1k+ healing for you and nearby allies.

^
All that wrapped up into 2 skills.

If you still disagree with me, that’s fine. You’re more than welcome to use focus or whatever you like. The shield however, DOES have it’s place and I encourage you to try to get good with it if you want some extra CC and helping protect from ranged fights.

Also, no need to be sarcastic right? Especially since you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about and can barely form a coherent sentence.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Shield 5 is perfectly fine.

Shield 4, however, I find it a bit lackluster.
It’s mainly an AoE protection, which is fine, but current meta Guardian usually has some other sources of AoE prot for teamfights (hold the line and activated courage, both easier to land and with higher prot duration).
IMHO this skill should have something added that would encourage enemies to avoid it, something like weakness application or CD reduction per each enemy hit. Honorable Shield or Glacial Heart traits granting Shield of Judgment 2-3 second chill application would be awesome, much more useful than those 90 toughness points and much more reliable than an ICD hammer crit.

I honestly think that having traits that directly modify or add effects to some skills (chill application on SoJ, blast finisher on SoA detonation, this kind of things) is much more interesting and healthy for the game than those ICD procs and even the passives.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

shield 4 – cooldown reduced to 25 seconds, does 50% more damage at less then 200 units from caster. applies aegis for 10 seconds instead of protection.

shield 5 – cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, blast finisher, blowout instead of knock back.

just my suggestion to significantly improve the shield for guardian.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Shukay.3728

No actually not at all. I believe you should use the #4 skill when you are able to hit the most targets, and/or when your allies are about to take large amounts of burst damage. If an ally of yours is being focused down, don’t sit there clueless, THAT is the moment you should have saved the skill for. That is when they need it most. If you’re using shield of judgement for it’s aoe damage… you’re just wrong.

As for absorption, apparently you don’t realize that it’s more than just a knockback. It’s very versatile depending on whether you’re fighting your opponent in melee or at range.

If at range simply pop the skill and continue on. You don’t even need to watch the entire animation, just pop it pull it back down immediately and it will continue to block every single blockable projectile for you and all allies inside for 4 whole seconds. If timed right, that is HUGE. NO other profession comes close to doing anything like that.

If in melee combat, use the shield for the knockback, then immediately detonate. If your opponent has stability, as a guardian you can’t really do a lot about it but try to knockback before they can pop their stability. Just know your opponent if possible. Even if you can’t knock them back (which 9/10 times you can) you should immediately detonate it for the 1k+ healing for you and nearby allies.

^

If you still disagree with me, that’s fine. You’re more than welcome to use focus or whatever you like. The shield however, DOES have it’s place and I encourage you to try to get good with it if you want some extra CC and helping protect from ranged fights.

Also, no need to be sarcastic right? Especially since you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about and can barely form a coherent sentence.

you yourself have said at the time the use of the shield is all focused on the “do not use the skills” but to use them in an intelligent manner. Saving them and keeping them for special occasions.

This is the issue of your “skilled”, knowing when to use them ….. Ok thanks for the revelation, but what is meant here is that some changes to the skills would be welcome here ….
Why I do not think the game was designed for a “rescue” skills for certain times, but in a system of using skills in rotation; Where you can do combinations of moves for example by using a GS and maybe having to change weapon but always with a 5 of the shield, after having exhausted the skills resume in the hands of the GS’s CD will now be completed, or nearly so ….

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

You could HALVE the cooldowns on shield and it still wouldn’t be viable.

I have seen a VERY good player use shield effectively, but for average players like me, Shield#5 is worthless. While #4 is promising, the direction specific thing and huge cooldown make it ridiculous.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

shield 4 – cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, does 50% more damage at less then 200 units from caster. applies aegis for 10 seconds as well as protection.

shield 5 – cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, blast finisher, blowout instead of knock back.

just my suggestion to significantly improve the shield for guardian.

Fixed it for you

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Aza.2105

^

Outside of spvp, shield doesn’t have much use. Its a niche weapon. Its appeal needs to be universal not situational.

In pve there aren’t many times were shield of absorption is useful. Only the heal will end up being used. Shield of Judgement is worse, since there are similar ways to provide what it does without having to use the shield. Why use shield of judgement when you can use hold the line for example?

You are trying to promote intelligent decisions, thats all well and good. But in pve there aren’t many times were intelligence needs to be applied. Which is why shield isn’t needed at all for it. Sure in spvp you can apply this type of thinking, using shield of absorption to knock enemies off the point for example. Other than that, its overall function and usefulness is severely limited.

Windows 10

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I suggest that shield #4 knock back enemies instead of damaging them

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

^

you yourself have said at the time the use of the shield is all focused on the “do not use the skills” but to use them in an intelligent manner. Saving them and keeping them for special occasions.

This is the issue of your “skilled”, knowing when to use them ….. Ok thanks for the revelation, but what is meant here is that some changes to the skills would be welcome here ….
Why I do not think the game was designed for a “rescue” skills for certain times, but in a system of using skills in rotation; Where you can do combinations of moves for example by using a GS and maybe having to change weapon but always with a 5 of the shield, after having exhausted the skills resume in the hands of the GS’s CD will now be completed, or nearly so ….

No offense here, but I really have a hard time understanding a lot of what you were trying to say. From what I believe I understood though, I actually think you’re asking for the shield to be more button-mashing friendly without even realizing it. Your “rotation” basically means you’re putting everything on cooldown, then switching weapons, paying little attention to your opponent or anything really for that matter. I don’t think easy-mode should be forced on anyone who wants to use shield, so I support keeping the shield’s cool downs where they are right now.

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

Outside of spvp, shield doesn’t have much use. Its a niche weapon. Its appeal needs to be universal not situational.

In pve there aren’t many times were shield of absorption is useful. Only the heal will end up being used. Shield of Judgement is worse, since there are similar ways to provide what it does without having to use the shield. Why use shield of judgement when you can use hold the line for example?

You are trying to promote intelligent decisions, thats all well and good. But in pve there aren’t many times were intelligence needs to be applied. Which is why shield isn’t needed at all for it. Sure in spvp you can apply this type of thinking, using shield of absorption to knock enemies off the point for example. Other than that, its overall function and usefulness is severely limited.

The fact that you don’t like “playing intelligently” is rather saddening and really goes to show how extremely casual so many pve players are. I do however disagree and find the shield to still be PLENTY useful in pve as well. People seem to know that the shield has a nice knockback, but that’s all they seem to remember.

Do me a favor, next time you’re in a dungeon and a party member goes down, use the shield’s #5 skill and start rezzing. If you do it right, you’ll EASILY have them back up and on their feet before the blocks from the shield go down.

Additionally, anyone is welcome to message me in game. If I’m not busy, I’ll gladly try to talk/play around with the shield with you.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

How would you use shield in WvW roaming and zergs then

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

Wvw zergs, the shield (in my opinion) is actually really easy to use. Simply put, when a fight starts, throw the shield of judgement over your allies. The shield would probably be better used for it’s ranged blocks but can easily save lives when used right. Use it to rez players or block for players being hit from the top of a tower. With shield of absorption, rather than just adding a little bit more to the zerg, making little to no difference at all, the shield of absorption can easily change entire zerg strategies. If the other zerg is trying to fight ranged, just take a couple steps in front of your zerg and use the shield. 4 seconds of near invincibility for your entire zerg. It’s so easy to use in zergs. It’s all about the timing.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Aza.2105

The fact that you don’t like “playing intelligently” is rather saddening and really goes to show how extremely casual so many pve players are. I do however disagree and find the shield to still be PLENTY useful in pve as well. People seem to know that the shield has a nice knockback, but that’s all they seem to remember.

Do me a favor, next time you’re in a dungeon and a party member goes down, use the shield’s #5 skill and start rezzing. If you do it right, you’ll EASILY have them back up and on their feet before the blocks from the shield go down.

Additionally, anyone is welcome to message me in game. If I’m not busy, I’ll gladly try to talk/play around with the shield with you.

So because I pointed out the shield’s limited capabilities in pve this makes me “not want to make intelligent decisions”? Nice trolling man.

Again, you have given nothing outside of situational uses that the shield is good for. So its good for rezzing people? So they need to get downed in order for the shield to become useful right? That sounds very situational to me. Why would anyone bother using shield of absorption to rez people? Better yet, why not just take the resolute healer trait that does the same thing?

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

putting down shield of absorbtion and ressing someone will push away the mobs that your party tried to bunch up and prevent the downed person from rallying. also, if the mob is melee based the short knockback and projectile absorb won’t do much.

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

@ Aza: You don’t need the resolute healer trait now. Instead you can get something else since you have the shield as a knockback. However, I won’t nor have I ever denied that the shield is more situational. So is the Wall of Reflection as well. Put it down at a bad time and it does nothing. Put it down at the right spot at the right time and I’ve killed a ranger with nothing but the wall. Situational =/= underpowered or in need of a buff.

@ guanlongwucaii: absolutely NOTHING in your argument was… well correct. I personally diagree with Aza but at least he has some valid points. You’re arguing that using a knockback while rezzing is a bad thing? I guess that kinda makes resolute healer obsolete… Also the “short” knockback gives you PLENTY of time to rez someone. I normally don’t even need to pop my stability if I use the knockback.

I’m not gonna sit here and argue anymore. All I’m saying is that in the length of time you all spend complaining about a weapon that is fine and not going to be changed, you could have spent that time figuring out how to actually use it. To each their own though I suppose.

I’m going to continue to use shield since I know how to use it. As I said before, message me in game if interested in learning how to actually use shield, otherwise enjoy your focus.

(edited by FoopOplo.7914)

Shield changes

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yeh, the current state of shield is very disappointing given that some of them look really awesome.

Shield changes

in Guardian

Aza.2105

You don’t need the resolute healer trait now. Instead you can get something else since you have the shield as a knockback.

guanlongwucaii, absolutely NOTHING in your argument was… well correct. I diagree with Aza but at least he has some valid points. You’re arguing that using a knockback while rezzing is a bad thing? I guess that kinda makes resolute healer obsolete… Also the “short” knockback gives you PLENTY of time to rez someone. I normally don’t even need to pop my stability if I use the knockback.

I’m not gonna sit here and argue anymore. All I’m saying is that in the length of time you all spend complaining about a weapon that is fine and not going to be changed, you could have spent that time figuring out how to actually use it. To each their own though I suppose.

I’m going to continue to use shield since I know how to use it. As I said before, message me in game if interested in learning how to actually use shield, otherwise enjoy your focus.

He didn’t say anything wrong, its you making using the shield all about you. In order to prove you are above the rest. As if other players who dislike the shield are so dumb that they don’t know how to use it properly. As if pushing back enemies requires high intelligence. No one needs you to teach them how to push #4 and #5 on their keyboard.

You have it in reverse, why would anyone want to waste a off hand slot for the shield when I could take the focus or even the torch? Resolute healer does the exact same thing you are describing the difference is anyone could have a better off hand to use.

Windows 10

Shield changes

in Guardian

guanlongwucaii.3162

resolute healer is crap too in most situations. stop defending the shield while making thinly veiled insults about how we don’t know how to play guardian

also, knocking mobs out of range while trying to res someone is possibly worse than useless. best method of getting someone up is to rally them off trash. by knocking mobs out of melee range your team cannot cleave down the trash mob quickly, and you lose DPS trying to res someone.

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

Alright, since I’m apparently coming across as a know it all, allow me to backup my statements. Go look at any of the best pvp guardians. They almost ALL use resolute healer, and it works well! It’s not just me. Aza, you might be a fine guardian, maybe better than me, I don’t know you and I never claimed too. I’m just saying if you are a button masher like guan, then no shield probably won’t work too well for you.

Shield changes

in Guardian

FoopOplo.7914

Guan, rallying off trash might work better in pve sometimes fine. Even still there are times when you just need to go pick them up. If you are always rallying off trash and never rezzing manually, you’ve probably let a lot of people die and not even know it.

Shield changes

in Guardian

guanlongwucaii.3162

it’s pretty obvious that I was talking about PVE/dungeons, no need to bring your pvp arguments in here. and I don’t button mash. I use focus because it’s better. it brings a blast finisher and helps with vuln stacking + condition removal, and the block that it provides is just as useful as the shield knockback if not moreso because it can be used against defiant mobs.

I don’t always rally people off trash. Obviously if there are no mobs that have low enough hp it’s better to physically res them (eg alpha) but even then shield is useless in such a situation. and if I want to res people I rotate aegis/blinds instead of using the shield to knockback.