So, Eles get their most OP trait as a minor

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

on a trait line that is pretty much mandatory for most builds.

And we get….a crappy “elite” trait line that gives access to a weapon which we wouldnt have needed in the first place if they even as much as looked at scepter and changed the projectile speed to be in line with the other kitten.

Oh ya, and we get traps which again are extremely situational, can be countered by a simple dodge and 99% of the players will not use cuz medis and shouts are simply better.

This bullkitten has to stop. Wtb a competent designer to look at guards for more than 2 sec and see how much crap traits and weapon skills there are.

TL;DR if a dev bothers to look at this:

- Shield sucks and has been nonviable since the start of times
- DH traitline is not good enough to be considered elite
- Scepter projectile range needs to be changed
- traps suck and everyone agrees on it.

(edited by Hunter.4783)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I, on behalf of the entire GW2 community, would like t thank you for speaking on our behalf without consultation, as it wouldn’t have been necessary anyway.

Also, thank you for refraining from giving any sort of legitimate suggestions, as those are also unnecessary.

Thank you again for insulting the devs while asking for their attention and consideration of the effort you didn’t make.

You truly are invaluable, and a rock to this community

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Longbow (or some other ranged weapon) was absolutely needed. We’ve been stuck with scepter for years, and regardless of the buffs to scepter the feeling of only have a single ranged weapon was frustrating.

As far as traits go, with the exception of the odd Honor and Virtues trait here and there the Specs are pretty straight forward. Symbols are practically going to wreck just about everything, and the new Spear of Justice is going to synthesize very well with Radiance traits.

The traps currently do not have target caps which means they will serve as great zerg breakers in WvW by effectively crippling them all and revealing any stealth characters.

Overall, the Hunter spec wasn’t as jaw dropping as, say the Chronomancer, but mechanically the Hunter Spec answered a lot of issues Guardians have had for a while (mobility, range, additional control,etc ).

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Sadly, that is true.

Hopefully they listen to us and don’t try to push more junk to us (useless traits, we will have a lot of them still). I already named them a lot of times.

There are also a lot of problems with weapon skills (shield, torch, sword…) and not even a single word from them, if they at least will try to fix it on the expansion.

But I wouldn’t put much hope on this. They already ignored the class over and over because “its now in a good spot”. We don’t want buffs on already work ok, we want buffs where don’t work at all.

I really want variety, like all other classes are getting, but us a lot less.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Longbow was needed.

Sadly traps not.

We are in a good place – that means we must get 1 good thing and 1 bad thing – that is called balance (for guardians only).

in Guardian

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I, on behalf of the entire GW2 community, would like t thank you for speaking on our behalf without consultation, as it wouldn’t have been necessary anyway.

Also, thank you for refraining from giving any sort of legitimate suggestions, as those are also unnecessary.

Thank you again for insulting the devs while asking for their attention and consideration of the effort you didn’t make.

^

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Most agree traps suck and are so far the poorest addition when it comes to adding skills for elite specs. Just look at mesmer and necro….its much much better.

You could say that we are better off than mesmers and necros but that point fails because
1) That only applies to PVE
2) Just because our core traits are good does NOT mean they have to add sub-par abilities and traits

Shield has been crap since day 1 and everyone knows it. Yet it has not been changed and worse of all, there are NO plans to change it as of now.

Longbow aint even needed if scepter projectile speed were buffed. From the PVP stream you can tell Longbow is an overall survivability LOSS over scepter/focus. Anyone can see it clear as day.

This whole elite spec (DH) was added to band aid some of the flaws the guardian has. Its funny because if the aforementioned changes were made, Longbow and DH will become redundant

PS: How many of you are going to use the heal trap? Yeah, i rest my case

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elemental Attunement was toned down in the process. They’ve made a lot of updates to trait lines for all the professions, so it’s too early to react like this.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elemental Attunement was toned down in the process. They’ve made a lot of updates to trait lines for all the professions, so it’s too early to react like this.

Doubt it. If they nerf it people will QQ just as much as they did when it was announced it was gonna be changed to GM.

Its sad really that so much work is going into these other classes which are seeing overhaul after overhaul whereas ours has been stuck with the same crap since day 1.

PS: oh yea, we have been nerfed every patch though, so i will give you that

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I was surprised to see the change. Protection is thrown around like candy for the Elementalist profession so having to make a choice made sense instead of being given both. This is the point of having traits all along, to have to choose one or the other.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

QQ that class has something I don’t! Wahh! Get over it

Baer

in Guardian

Arken.3725

That’s not the point. The point is to have to sacrifice something strong for something else. With this change, there’s none of that. Wahh, get over having zero constructive input.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

That’s not the point. The point is to have to sacrifice something strong for something else. With this change, there’s none of that. Wahh, get over having zero constructive input.

Guardian is fine. Maybe if you would try to stop staff #1ing things to death, you would agree?

Baer

in Guardian

Arken.3725

What kind of argument is that? Now I know you’re trolling.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Most agree traps suck and are so far the poorest addition when it comes to adding skills for elite specs. Just look at mesmer and necro….its much much better.

You could say that we are better off than mesmers and necros but that point fails because
2) Just because our core traits are good does NOT mean they have to add sub-par abilities and traits

Shield has been crap since day 1 and everyone knows it has not been changed and worse of all, there are NO plans to change it as of now.

Longbow aint even needed if scepter projectile speed were buffed. From the PVP stream you can tell Longbow is an overall survivability LOSS over scepter/focus. Anyone can see it clear as day.

This whole elite spec (DH) was added to band aid some of the flaws the guardian has. Its funny because if the aforementioned changes were made, Longbow and DH will become redundant

PS: How many of you are going to use the heal trap? Yeah, i rest my case

I don’t see why we even still come here to give our opinions. Clearly this man has life figured out for all of us. We need not fear what the night brings, for our protector is nigh. Verily, he shall being salvation unto us, for the world is as he speaks.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Traps are amazing, They are going to be like the more useful better looking brother to consecrations

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Traps are amazing, They are going to be like the more useful better looking brother to consecrations

Frankly I only see traps being of use in 2 places.

1: In pve in a few niche situations where you need allot of aoe at one time. (other classes would still provide it better with lower cool downs)

2: WvW where a gate/wall is broken & you coordinate it with several other people in order to nuke small groups. (blowing all these CD’s would leave you useless for 45 seconds however & god forbid someone come along with stability & dodge rolls through stuff)

Over all traps are going to be very niche & really only useful against idiots & NPC’s. Even then there will be other classes that do what traps do better (AOE on target point) because they can do the same thing better without losing access to self sustain & support.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Frankly I only see traps being of use in 2 places.

1: In pve in a few niche situations where you need allot of aoe at one time. (other classes would still provide it better with lower cool downs)

2: WvW where a gate/wall is broken & you coordinate it with several other people in order to nuke small groups. (blowing all these CD’s would leave you useless for 45 seconds however & god forbid someone come along with stability & dodge rolls through stuff)

Over all traps are going to be very niche & really only useful against idiots & NPC’s. Even then there will be other classes that do what traps do better (AOE on target point) because they can do the same thing better without losing access to self sustain & support.

Other classes would disagree with you, most notably Rangers.

Guardian’s basically got the kind of trap mechanics and utility ranged weapon that Ranger’s wanted. There’s a thread that said guardian > ranger > thief in terms of trap viability.

You also forgot Stronghold’s channeling areas like the Soul Heroes and middle supplies. I see traps being useful in places where you prefer to have more damage but don’t like using spirit weapons. That’s not to say traps will replace meta and it’s for everyone. It most certainly wont and it isn’t :p

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Longbow was needed.

Sadly traps not.

We are in a good place – that means we must get 1 good thing and 1 bad thing – that is called balance (for guardians only).

That is what the devs call class balance across the board ( outside of warrior; and anything Robert Gee designs)

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I really do not think that this is true.

how do you figure it is a loss of surviveability? because you cant run scepter/focus? (which you still could)

I am pretty confident that there will be DH control specs that will call for nerfs. I dont think traps will be a part of it, though.

My biggest issue is not that traps or LB could be useless. I think the biggest problem is that we have to take either valor or honor to have decent condi removal – this alone is not the issue however other classes need to do the same. Our problem is that it locks us in our utilites and out of other possible cool mechanics. and as alaways… swiftness.

take Warrior and Ranger awsome condi removal traits that do not change their utilities at all. we need something like activating a virtue cures two conditions instead of AR. absolute resolution is fine but has low uptime and should be merged with Battle Presence at grandmaster tier.

(edited by Asmodal.6489)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Elemental Attunement really isn’t even that good on its own. The only things that make it worthwhile are the protection and the condi clear from the regen if you’re running Cleansing Water. It was a silly idea for it to be competing with GM traits in the first place, if you ask me.

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

Elemental Attunement really isn’t even that good on its own. The only things that make it worthwhile are the protection and the condi clear from the regen if you’re running Cleansing Water. It was a silly idea for it to be competing with GM traits in the first place, if you ask me.

well thats kind of a downplay. pretty sure that even if it would only grant protection and regen people would still take it. It counters their core weakness of a low hp pool and light armor in one trait. on top it synergizes – as you said – extremely well with cleansing water.

I also think as a GM trait it is silly, yet making it a minor is just sick. you should have to sacrafice some choice for that kind of defense or even that level of QoL. Earth, Water, Arcane will be the go to build anyways. so you toss in rock solid and eles are unstopable for the most part.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

well thats kind of a downplay. pretty sure that even if it would only grant protection and regen people would still take it. It counters their core weakness of a low hp pool and light armor in one trait. on top it synergizes – as you said – extremely well with cleansing water.

I also think as a GM trait it is silly, yet making it a minor is just sick. you should have to sacrafice some choice for that kind of defense or even that level of QoL. Earth, Water, Arcane will be the go to build anyways. so you toss in rock solid and eles are unstopable for the most part.

The trait has virtually nothing to do with why d/d ele is in the current meta, though. Even without it, the regen can be obtained through traited cantrip use or after receiving a critical hit, and the protection can be gained through one of the 3 auras that the setup has access to. And even then, the reason why the build is so powerful is because of the combination of sustain through trickle heals and the damage built up by might stacking. Access to boons on swap is really just an added convenience.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

The trait has virtually nothing to do with why d/d ele is in the current meta, though. Even without it, the regen can be obtained through traited cantrip use or after receiving a critical hit, and the protection can be gained through one of the 3 auras that the setup has access to. And even then, the reason why the build is so powerful is because of the combination of sustain through trickle heals and the damage built up by might stacking. Access to boons on swap is really just an added convenience.

Yet you must agree changing that to a minor trait is silly to say the least

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Two words: So what?

What happens to ele’s is not relevant to Guards. You think we got the short end of the stick with spec upgrades? I beg to differ. The consolidation only makes our choices better.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

I personally think the trait being in the position it is winds up being a perfect placement. This is obviously not a baseline effect like some in the ele forums would have you believe. It’s not impactful enough for a major slot, and I don’t think anyone is going to argue it should be in the adept or master minor slots.

But like Obtena mentioned, we’re in the guardian forums, not the ele forums.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Not really, no. And it’s hardly worth complaining about in comparison to Guardians, who get Aegis on demand as a baseline boon.

in Guardian

Hunter.4783

Not really, no. And it’s hardly worth complaining about in comparison to Guardians, who get Aegis on demand as a baseline boon.

And yet eles are in a better spot in sPVP right now and equally as good in PVE, so the point is moot.

They change a GM worth trait into a minor one, which is a slap in the face to every class which has to make a choice about traits. heck the whole point of traits is so you HAVE to make a choice, not be able to get all the good ones at the same time.

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

the maybe you agree to the fact that is contraproductive to making other ele traitlines more attractive?

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

And yet eles are in a better spot in sPVP right now and equally as good in PVE, so the point is moot.

They change a GM worth trait into a minor one, which is a slap in the face to every class which has to make a choice about traits. heck the whole point of traits is so you HAVE to make a choice, not be able to get all the good ones at the same time.

It’s NOT a GM worthy trait. That’s the whole point. You’re making a very big deal out of something that’s really not that significant. We’re getting a bigger buff with Might of the Protector being tripled in effectiveness than they are with Elemental Attunement becoming a minor trait.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

the maybe you agree to the fact that is contraproductive to making other ele traitlines more attractive?

Perhaps, but we currently have the same problem with Valor, Warriors currently have the same problem with Discipline, Mesmers currently have the same problem with Dueling, AND Engineers currently have the same problem with Explosives (although that will probably be fixed when Grenadier is made baseline). It’s really not an Elementalist-specific issue.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It could be worst you could still have multiple revive based majors and he class mechanic selection as a major in place of a minor.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Really? Did ArenaNet start posting their proprietary tracking data and I missed it? Because I’d love to read up on the actual numbers rather than some IMAGINARY presumption used to back an argument when their actions say that they are seeing something quite, quite different in the REAL DATA.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

1) longbow looks awesome, why insult it?

2) traps arnt “situational” the enemy cannot see the traps so they cannot be just Easily “dodged 99% of the time” u place them before fights… Not only when the enemies ontop of you.

3) u have no idea what they meta will be in HoT so how can u comment on what it will provide in the meta?…. trap ranger was once meta, it looks like its coming back into strength now also, so obviously traps are looking rather good in the upcoming meta putting Longbow straight into meta on its release.

theres 0 reason to be insulting and putting this new specialization down, traps do not suck, just currently they are not in meta, but then again neither are rangers so therefore how would it be? theres 0 proof to it not being viable and also theres nothing to say how Dragonhunter will fair in the new expansion..

try to actually WAIT to see what happens rather then QQing on it before its even in beta.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

2) traps arnt “situational” the enemy cannot see the traps so they cannot be just Easily “dodged 99% of the time” u place them before fights… Not only when the enemies ontop of you.

3) u have no idea what they meta will be in HoT so how can u comment on what it will provide in the meta?…. trap ranger was once meta, it looks like its coming back into strength now also, so obviously traps are looking rather good in the upcoming meta putting Longbow straight into meta on its release.

theres 0 reason to be insulting and putting this new specialization down, traps do not suck, just currently they are not in meta, but then again neither are rangers so therefore how would it be? theres 0 proof to it not being viable and also theres nothing to say how Dragonhunter will fair in the new expansion..

try to actually WAIT to see what happens rather then QQing on it before its even in beta.

Sorry, but traps DO suck. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see an animation and know that there’s a trap placed at that person’s feet. Unless they’re planted beforehand out of sight, it’s not going to matter if they’re invisible.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

They are more than likely to either make it self use only , change the doon duration or both.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Sorry, but traps DO suck. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see an animation and know that there’s a trap placed at that person’s feet. Unless they’re planted beforehand out of sight, it’s not going to matter if they’re invisible.

get 40-50 guard trappers, spam all traps on gate and wait with few balis and ac’s, overkill, or just spamm all traps on lord room if its to late.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Longbow was needed.

Sadly traps not.

No guardians are not in a good place where pvp is concerned at least unless you want to be shoe horned into hammer meditation. We’ll see is specializations change that and give more then one meta build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Unless they’re planted beforehand out of sight, it’s not going to matter if they’re invisible.

BINGO! That’s usually how a trap works and I’m betting that’s the intention. Even if it is planted at someone’s feet and someone knows it, traps can still be used smartly to control area.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Unless they’re planted beforehand out of sight, it’s not going to matter if they’re invisible.

BINGO! That’s usually how a trap works and I’m betting that’s the intention. Even if it is planted at someone’s feet and someone knows it, traps can still be used smartly to control area.

Until they dodge over it. And then your trap is useless and you die because you have no sustain and condi removal.

Fun.

in Guardian

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

- DH traitline is not good enough to be considered elite

This makes zero sense. They stated on multiple occasions they were specifically designing elite specs to not be inherently more powerful than their base spec counterparts.

in Guardian

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

The traps currently do not have target caps which means they will serve as great zerg breakers in WvW by effectively crippling them all and revealing any stealth characters.

pretty sure they do homeboy. why would they not have a target cap? why would GUARD traps be the exception?

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Our blade barrier will not. And actually, as far as we have information, none of the traps have target limits. Even if they do get limits, Test of Faith won’t by virtue of its design, and you only need 1 pulse to reveal with Jesus Beam

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: DrPhro.5976

DrPhro.5976

Longbow was needed.

Sadly traps not.

No guardians are not in a good place where pvp is concerned at least unless you want to be shoe horned into hammer meditation. We’ll see is specializations change that and give more then one meta build.

Just because you don’t like the current meta build doesn’t mean Guards are in a bad spot. Not every build has to be viable at the same time.