So I had an idea, how viable is it?

in Guardian

Posted by: Failcakes.9208

Failcakes.9208

For my weapon, I already have a knight exotic hammer slotted with a sigil of fire.
Armors going to probably be full knight with divinity runes or the 2/2/2 60% might duration setup.
Knight accessories slotted with rubies

30 valor with strength in numbers, retributive armor, and altruistic healing.
30 honor with writ of exaltation, writ of persistence, and empowering might

Basically, the larger symbols mean more allies/enemies get caught up in them, which means more crits which means more might and more protection, the longer duration means almost permanent protection, and more flame blasts and most importantly more procs of altruistic healing

At level 60 with those two lines traited, I’m having no trouble at all taking on groups of six and coming out with almost full health. The dodge heals are pretty nice too.

Using the gear calc I should end up with about 50-60 percent crit chance, a metric buttload of toughness, and a decent health pool.

Thinking of taking shield of the avenger, the passive condition removal signet, save yourselves, and contemplation of purity.

Steal all the conditions off my buddoes and blast em into boons.

Would it be viable though? I havent really touched the dungeons yet, and havent really done much wvw, but I know I’m basically always going to win veteran fights, and I love the pve in this game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Umm you may want to look at the top of the forums. Guide- hammer and altruistic healing game play.

It is very viable and one of the more popular set ups.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in Guardian

Posted by: Failcakes.9208

Failcakes.9208

Umm you may want to look at the top of the forums. Guide- hammer and altruistic healing game play.

Heh, WHOOPS.

Regardless, I’m still not sure what to do with my last ten points.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Heh, WHOOPS.

Regardless, I’m still not sure what to do with my last ten points.

WvW=5radiance 5virtues
Dungeons/Fractals=10virtues
Generic PvE=whatever

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i wanna say for WvW both 0/5/30/30/5 and 0/0/30/30/10 slpit work as well, depending on who you’re running with and what you plan to do. the 10 in virtues can add a lot for WvW as well. though the AoE blind is hard to argue with as well.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

I think every Guardian should have 5 points in Virtues, regardless of the rest of your build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

I think your build’s biggest weakness is conditions.

Relying on Signet of Resolve, Contemplation of Purity and Save Yourselves is a bit tricky since you don’t have any thing that reduces the cooldown of those skills. I would replace Strength in Numbers with Purity to help with the conditions since 70 Toughness is nothing with toughness you’ll already get with your gear set up.

I would also replace Writ of Exaltation with Superior Aria, 48s CD of Save Yourselves will help you a lot if you have the additonal buff duration and the symbol isn’t really larger then what you’d expect, your party members should still be at melee range for you to get the entire benefit.

Replace Writ of Persistence with Writ of the Merciful, the additional 70-350 heal (350 if all party members are inside) is too low compared to the additional 300 heal (100/pulse) and you’ll also heal your party members inside the symbol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Some suggestions:

I wouldn’t use divinity runes. Either use ruby orbs or runes for the effect. Mathematically divinity runes kitten you instead of maximize you.

Your crit chance is too high and its being wasted since your crit damage is low. Its better to shift those stats into power. I’d switch out some pieces with soldier’s instead of knights or switch some of the knights into zerker’s to bring your crit damage up.

If you are using crit chance just to trigger effects; since everything has a cooldown, sitting around 40% is fine.

I actually run different symbol builds in dungeons, www, and s/tpvp. I have writ of the merciful instead of empowering might and generally run all shouts with soldier runes. I also use Sigil of generosity (more for WWW). Its a pretty powerful sigil and there is a reason why it isn’t in s/tpvp.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

If you aim to make a PvE build, I would advise going for damage more than defense. I run a 0/20/10/30/10 build with Knight armor and berserker weapons/accessories and even though I haven’t completely geared up to exotic yet, I have:

Zero issues in PvE. You kill stuff fast, the heals are great, but you have to be more active with buffs/debuffs/dodging when fighting groups of enemies to compensate for not being a total tank.

WvW, I have decent damage, can bring down most people down in a 1vs1 but due to being undergeared I can’t say that I could face more than 2 people and win… not that you’re supposed to in WvW anyway.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

for pve its viable and if you like hammer then go for it….

if you are looking for stronger builds – there are a lot of options.

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

The build is viable for PvE. I used to run something similar. However, utility wise you should go for shout based and take superior aria. The boons will synergise with AH betterand give you more retretaliation as I see you also enjoy face rolling 6+ mobs at a time.

Get rid of your divinity runes and replace with melandru so you wont need to bother about conditions or take boon runes as it will synergies with your shouts better.

If you find taking on 10 mobs is too easy. Begin exchanging def for ark. Keep doing so unroll you reach your happy medium as not everyones preference is the same.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

you could also cosider rune of the forge which i find very useful if things get too hot. ou can switch to defensive weapon set like mace(focus and still maintain long duration protection to regain health.

in Guardian

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

dump the 10 extra points into your Virtues line, for sure. Every Guardian should have at least 5 in there, and with 5 more you can extend Consecrations when you use them, and extend retaliation duration, which just means more damage.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)