Thanks for buffing Shield...

in Guardian

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Yay shield gets that awesome trait that gives protection on skill us-wait thats focus? oh.. well then. Guess I’ll just throw my shield out

But seriously love the extra toughness with a shield. that will make it a totally viable option. Lets hope it gets something that is coming with HoT

in Guardian

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

Totally worth. That toughness will go so far. So will my 40 second CD 3.5 1.5 second shield barrier channel with the correct tooltip that’s been around for years.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i honestly expected to open this thread and ur post to say only:

“NOT”

2/10 stars – would not buy again

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(*edit: ive found th epatch notes on forum *)

:}

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Aeolus read the new patch notes for the changes coming on the 23rd. Focus trait gives it protection. Shield trait gives it toughness….just some toughness. With the new symbol changes even healers are going to use the shield anymore, its gona be all hammer/staff

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

What makes this even more hilarious is that the focus trait that grants protection on focus use is an Adept tier, and the shield trait that gives 180 toughness while wielding a shield is a Master tier that’s in direct competition with Strength in Numbers, which grants a guaranteed 150 toughness to yourself AND ALLIES at all times. It’s like they literally didn’t even try.

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

Wow Black…that a friggin good point

Edit: ALSO that whole speech about purity of purpose they had on the livestream. Why are we getting A PERSONAL DEFENSE INCREASE on a weapon that’s made for GROUP SUPPORT.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

What makes this even more hilarious is that the focus trait that grants protection on focus use is an Adept tier, and the shield trait that gives 180 toughness while wielding a shield is a Master tier that’s in direct competition with Strength in Numbers, which grants a guaranteed 150 toughness to yourself AND ALLIES at all times. It’s like they literally didn’t even try.

Nice one xD But it is the truth. We need another dev.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Aeolus read the new patch notes for the changes coming on the 23rd. Focus trait gives it protection. Shield trait gives it toughness….just some toughness. With the new symbol changes even healers are going to use the shield anymore, its gona be all hammer/staff

yeah hammer having prot and simbol that can be used for damage is a go go and looks the obvious choice.

im also gona drop mace/shield and use hammer or mace/focus becouse it feels the other classes gained way to much compared with guards, it is like i barelly have an option.

One other thing is i dont see changes on the almost useless sanctuary

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

Ya know I used to play a clerics guard and I loved sanctuary. Hopefully itll be getting changed sometime to block more stuff

in Guardian

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

What makes this even more hilarious is that the focus trait that grants protection on focus use is an Adept tier, and the shield trait that gives 180 toughness while wielding a shield is a Master tier that’s in direct competition with Strength in Numbers, which grants a guaranteed 150 toughness to yourself AND ALLIES at all times.

This. As a mace/shield support guard, I have to take a Strength in Numbers. Shield is not so great that the reduced cool down tops what the other trait offer. Let’s hope there are yet to be announced buffs for shield. Focus continues to outshine. Need not nerf Focus to make Shield better. But Shield and its trait need some lovin’.

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Jon said the trait was boring and will see a change. How is it any better now??? 90 additional toughness does NOT make it any less boring.

You can do better, Karl. kitten .

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

How about this?

• Shield of Absorption cooldown goes from 30s to 24s baseline.
  • Shield of Judgement cooldown goes from 25s to 20s baseline.

Added to the release notes maintained in General Discussion.

Edit: For clarification, the shield recharge trait is still there on top of this. It brings the cooldowns from 24>19s, and 20>16s.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

The CD is nice, but that’s not the problem, its the Shield of Judgement that lacks, being almost useless. And Shield of Absorption is buggy and the dome doesn’t last for the 4s duration.

You can give all the CD reduction still won’t make shield usable.

There were talks about giving Aegis on Shield 4? What happened to that idea?

(edited by creepmatic.9435)

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

How about this?

Edit: For clarification, the shield recharge trait is still there on top of this. It brings the cooldowns from 24>19s, and 20>16s.

CD is not the issue. I’m trying to be respectfully constructive here. It doesn’t matter even if you make the CDs go down to 15 and 20s for Shield 4/5. Shield 5’s activation is situational and spamming it will probably get you kicked of a dungeon. I normally use shield 5 only when need to reposition a boss or clear ways to rez that newbie over there, which one use of shield 5 is good enough. Maybe anyone covered by the shield get a one time 3s of regen? Shield 4 is clunky and we don’t need the damage portion of it. Please keep the current CD and make it apply aegis for 3 second, then it make shield 4 at least a good panic button when used right, i.e. requiring the guardian to use it skillfully and not spamming. 3 second is a good duration. Not too short, not too long.
Regarding shield trait, I cannot make it any clearer: NO ONE will ever pick it. You know why? because Strength in Number is there! in the same tier of the same line. Move it to Adept Honor in place of mace trait will probably worth the consideration. Just how many guardian out there using shield anyways.
So what i’m asking is this: 1) shield 4 applies 3s of aegis to affected allies. 2) shield 5 give a one-time 3s regen for people that got covered 3) move shield trait else where, maybe honor adept.

PS: shield 5 only lasts for 2 second currently, rather than the description of 4 seconds.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

(edited by quaniesan.8497)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

As dumb as it might sound, I think we need a “group huddle” with devs AND players (driven by the devs) that explain to us the road forward.

There is a huge disconnect on what we are given and what we tend to want.

That can vary vastly, but overall it seems like curveballs which are aimed at being creative and not low hanging fruit, but it gets convoluted at times.

This was done a long time ago within the first year of release, but I think it is valid to reapproach it. As with any development project, there needs to be regular meetings where everyone can recalibrate and come back to a balance point to stay on track. Possibly we as the community our way off track with who is driving this train (the devs) and if we had a clear message on what you want the Guardian class to achieve, we can better understand and accept the changes that do (or do not) get made.

I think this disconnect is understood by the development team because they recognized the guardian changes were received badly, the guardian specialization overall was received badly, and the handling of the class over the last 3? years? is concluding in negative feelings by longterm players.

This recognition is seen by having devs like Josh run over here to do crowd control as we get upset and they try to throw us a bone with even more shield cooldown reductions.

thoughts?

in Guardian

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

How about this?

Thank you for the show of good faith from the dev team – it’s reassuring to know that there’s willingness on your end to work with the Guardian community to make changes that will help resolve long-standing issues with our profession, since the most recent set of changes have raised a lot of concern among Guardians about our direction going forward.

That said, I agree with the sentiment that cooldown reduction isn’t going to be enough to make people want to use the Shield. One of the most frequently voiced concerns about the Shield is that it doesn’t synergize with any of our block traits, which often leads to the Focus being a better "shield’ than the Shield itself. With skills that only provide a brief protection boon and a knockback + temperamental projectile barrier, the Shield’s actual defensive power is somewhat lacking. Applying Aegis with its skills would be a great start to fixing this issue, and eventually, a complete rework of Shield of Judgment could benefit the weapon. I like the idea of SoJ as a counter that blocks incoming attacks and applies Aegis and Protection to nearby allies if you’re struck (not just in a cone). That’s just one idea, though.

Since I doubt a rework is on the table for this patch, though, other issues can be addressed. One big one is that Shield of Judgment remains split between sPvP and other game modes. This change is a relic from the game’s early days, and the metagame the change was made during has ceased to exist. The Guardian’s protection uptime is far worse than it used to be, so there is no reason to leave the skill split, especially when many other skills and traits are being merged again with this patch.

Today’s PvP metagame is far more aggressive and fast-paced than the environment the Shield was originally designed for, and there’s much more burst and condition pressure to deal with now, so the Shield simply needs to bring more to the table if it’s going to compete with the Focus’s cleansing, burst, and block synergy. I’m not as well versed in the PvE meta, so I’ll leave it to others to say what changes could make the shield useful there.

Once again, thank you for making an effort to address the community’s concerns on this issue, and hopefully this feedback proves useful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

How about this?

It’s not the CD’s that are the problem, it’s that the skills themselves simply can’t compete with every other offhand. A bad skill with a low CD doesn’t make it more useful; if it did, we’d see necros using the axe auto-attack

Shield 4 needs a group aegis, and Shield 5 needs to remove the channel (so you can move after casting) and either (1) heal on cast, rather than on cancel; or (2) a much stronger heal (i.e., base healing needs to be higher, or the modifier (currently 0.2) needs to be stronger.

And as mentioned above, the shield trait shouldn’t compete with communal defenses or strength in numbers. Even if I used a shield the other two traits would always win out.

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

(I have tried to speak on what I saw as design intent before, will repeat here)
I feel the guardian shield’s “supposed” strength is the damage mitigation and not negation.

I’ll elaborate, warrior and engineer shield both work on two different ends of the spectrum.

The warrior shield operates at a more hard stop on damage with physical blocking.

The engineer shield operates more as a CC device that focuses on ranged blocking/reflecting.

Come back full circle, the guardian shield seems to want to be the middle ground between engineer and warrior with both CC/ranged protection/damage mitigation.

So the idea on how the guardian shield “blocks” damage is via protection boon. We are supposed to take “less” damage on demand (not negate damage), as well as the ability to pushback/heal/block projectiles.

I feel the lapse in effectiveness is the short duration of protection and inequality of ranged defense with wall of reflection.

Cooldown reductions help fill the ranged projectile blocking some, but that is only half the picture. Higher uptime of protection with longer durations of the boon will bring the shield to where it is seemingly “supposed” to be.

Yet there is an adversity on the devs side to give us a ready supply of protection, outside of hammer. So much so, they nerf the duration of shield protection in pvp.

With the low life pool and the emphasis on boons for guardians, you would think the natural idea would be to let us flourish in boons, but they keep them away from us. Balance is one thing, but being at odds with the class mechanics is another.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

1) Double the Dmg from Shield #4 w/ the cooldown
2) Add DMG to the Knockback. It better hurt.

Maybe then we can talk. But just reducing the cooldown does nothing for it, really.

Honestly, I’d like to see you walk away from getting faceplanted w/ a shield upside your dome. It’s not going to happen.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

How about this?

Im afraid the problem with the shield is not the cooldowns but the functionality. Especially when you compare it to the warrior and engie gear shield (same concept). A shield is there to block attacks, not give you a buff that overlaps with half of your abilities already. To top it all off, you have it competing with focus now which ALSO gets protection on skill use and has a much superior skill set.

Please consider these changes:

Shield #4
Channeled block akin to warrior and engie gear shield

Shield #5
Channeled Bubble with the initial knockback effect (similar to what it is now) , lets you move around during the channel and can knockback every player only once during its effect. Channel duration is up to 4 seconds.

The first change (shield #4) would provide the much needed selfish utility that other similar classes enjoy

The second change will introduce creative mechanics, party support and utility.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t see an issue with 5 but 4 has a problem with it’s geometry; we are front line players so applying protection to players in a wave IN FRONT of you is nonsense. As it stands, 4 seems like a damage button and not a very good one at that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

How about this?

Appreciate you posting this in here. Instead of CD changes, I’d rather our shield was actually able to proc one of our plethora of “on block” traits. Because, y’know, it’s a shield. And warrior shield blocks. And engi shield blocks. Yet Guard shield doesn’t block.

Also, the shield trait is still (relatively) bad. It’s competing with another trait that gives toughness, and it’s Master-tier when Warrior and Engi shield traits are Adept-tier.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

How about this?

With all due respect, the problem isn’t the cooldowns, and people have been telling you that from the very beginning. The skills themselves just aren’t good. We want something that blocks, and something that provides strong defensive utility. Right now the already very small portion of players that actually use shield use it almost exclusively for the AoE knockback, which just doesn’t compare to the blind, condi removal, block, and burst damage from focus.

Then factor in the fact that not only is the focus superior to the shield as baseline, but the focus trait also provides protection on skill use, which is a straight up 33% damage reduction, alongside its reduced cooldowns, and it’s an ADEPT trait. Meanwhile, the inferior trait for the inferior weapon that’s in direct competition with something that provides nearly the same effect, except is 100% less selfish, is in the MASTER tier, which gives the implication that it’s meant to be better than the focus trait. How on earth does that possibly make any sort of sense?

Right now there’s not a single build or role that benefits more by taking a shield over a focus when using a one-handed weapon. Guardians get more defensive power from a tiny handheld stick/ball/whatever than they do from an object that’s not only literally a giant wood/metal plate, but is also almost literally the symbolic representation of defense. Does that really not seem even a little bit silly to you guys?

(edited by Black Box.9312)

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Whatever happens, please do NOT add a block to sheild. We already have that in Focus and it still wouldn’t make Shield any more of an attractive weapon over Focus. It would also be OP’ed to be swapping between two offhand blocker weapons while both their cooldown traits are in the same line.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Suggestion: Shield #4 applies Slow to enemies.

It works nice offensively and still focuses on reducing some damage to the group. With good positioning, it can be extremely effective.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Shield 4 needs to apply 4 to 5s of Weakness to be any good, right now it’s just a poor application of damage and some ok Protection up-time.
But as a low hp class with little to no mobility by design the Protection up-time is basic.

What if the traited shield also made 4 apply 5s of Weakness and 5 became a reflection of ranged projectiles while the shield was up.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Whatever happens, please do NOT add a block to sheild. We already have that in Focus and it still wouldn’t make Shield any more of an attractive weapon over Focus. It would also be OP’ed to be swapping between two offhand blocker weapons while both their cooldown traits are in the same line.

Then move one of the traits to a different line. Warriors can already build for 2 different blocks (technically 3, if you were silly enough to run mace mainhand, shield, and sword offhand), and Honor could most definitely use some better Adept traits.

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Then move one of the traits to a different line. Warriors can already build for 2 different blocks (technically 3, if you were silly enough to run mace mainhand, shield, and sword offhand), and Honor could most definitely use some better Adept traits.

Stop feeding the troll dude. Can’t you tell whether a person is here for a serious talk?

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

How about this?

I’m afraid the problem with the shield is not the cooldowns but the functionality.

This.
I can’t express how much we want the functionality to be changed. It’s why a lot of us were bummed out when the Shield’s bubble glitch was removed.

“I’d like it to stay group/support focussed since we already got Focus for more selfish gameplay.”

Shield of Judgement
Instead of damaging foes, Cripple them

Shield of Absorbtion
If we break the shield’s channel early, instead of a heal it offered 3s Aegis to allies in the bubble.
or
Shield’s bubble Cripple enemies and offers Protect to allys during the channeling effect.

Honorable Shield
Remove the Toughness bonus
Grant 3s of Protection to nearby allies when ever you block while weilding a shield. ICD 1s.

I don’t want the Shield’s intent to change and I don’t mind a higher CD if it means its functionality improve.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Shield needs to get a 2 second block, or something like revenants are getting with the moveable projectile destruction… Even if the skills had 5 second cd’s people would probably still use focus. Shield needs better utilities

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: DroidDreamer.2861

DroidDreamer.2861

How about this?

Grateful, very grateful for the Dev effort and attention to this issue. The cool down reduction is nice but I would recommend something more functional like:

—3 to 5 seconds of Resistance (5 allies) added to the 5 seconds of Protection on Shield of Judgement.
—A Blast Finisher upon the initial casting Shield of Absorption (upon casting, not upon detonation of the dome).

Check out my Guardian WvW Mace/Shield & Staff Support Build:
http://goo.gl/VftpD3

in Guardian

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I’m not versed in either PvP or dungeon PvE so not gonna comment on the actual buffs or nerfs.

But I have to agree that shield not having blocking skills on guardians is just weird. You make a class that is supposed to embody defense and give them a shield icon, yet not only they get to be the worst with a shield but they don’t even get the “fantasy” of using a shield (ie: blocking huge attacks) like warriors do.

Of course you want guardians to equally like all their weapon, but if one has to be worse than the other, it shouldn’t be the shield!

in Guardian

Posted by: DrPhro.5976

DrPhro.5976

I agree that that shield shouldn’t have blocks. It might feel weird that focus is the block weapon, but that can’t be changed now and giving the same utility to both weapons is redundant. To me, this is a good opportunity to give the shield one of the new effects. Both resistance and taunt seem like reasonable additions, though I’m not sure how I’d implement them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Masshunter.2198

Masshunter.2198

Here’s my opinion on how to improve on the shield’s skills.

Skill Number 4:
Instead of a cone of protection granted to allies, make it so you slam the shield into the ground and create a symbol of protection. Achieves the same idea of the initial skill BUT will finally allow sword and scepter builds access to a symbol so that symbol traits aren’t wasted if using a two handed weapon swap. This creates a big niche for the shield and will give it consideration over the focus for certain builds. This change helps it’s value in PVE as well due to the 20% more damage under symbol trait synergizing well if using a shield plus sword/scepter.

The Symbol would need a high up time to be viable I was thinking 20 second cool down with 8 second up time as base (numbers can be tweaked but you get the idea).

Skill number 5:
Currently the skill design is very strong in spvp. With the reduced cool down I think all that is needed is to fix the bugged dome so that it functions how it use to. Icing on the cake would be to initially root as the dome is created (as done currently) but then be able to move with the dome while it absorbs projectiles.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Appreciate you posting this in here. Instead of CD changes, I’d rather our shield was actually able to proc one of our plethora of “on block” traits. Because, y’know, it’s a shield. And warrior shield blocks. And engi shield blocks. Yet Guard shield doesn’t block.

Also, the shield trait is still (relatively) bad. It’s competing with another trait that gives toughness, and it’s Master-tier when Warrior and Engi shield traits are Adept-tier.

THIS x about 90.

You also need a GLOBAL FIX of not allowing people to dodge roll through barriers… EVER. Seriously. Go try to somersault through a wall. I’ll wait. Collected a few bruises but managed to not break your neck? Good. Now FIX THIS.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

If you want an easy fix make the shield trait cure two conditions in a 600 radius on allies and/or 3 secs of radiance.

You then can keep the CD. (Dont get me wrong I would still take it)
Shield will be used and stuff like spirit weapons, conscrations and traps might actually have a fighting chance to see game play.

As it is now you can never go full Spirit weapons or traps because you will have at max one condi cleans option on a long cooldown. we need to run either medis or shouts to be viable in pvp and WvWvW. that locks us in Traitlines and utilites like no other class.

in Guardian

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

How about this?

Grouch could you please consider giving Guards a groundtarget Port on Longbow instead of Deflecting Shot? It would solve so many problems for Guardians. Healing, Blocks, and Blinds simply are not reliable ways of sustaining, because you will never be able to outheal the Damage you get. And thats the Main problem with Guards in SPvP, once you are focused in a High-Class-Match you are pretty much done. It could even have a high Cooldown and would match to Dragonhunter, since they are a much darker Version of Guard.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in Guardian

Posted by: SStelter.4712

SStelter.4712

How about this?

The skills themselves are lackluster, that’s the problem. Focus getting protection pretty much makes shield obsolete.

Why not make Shield of Judgement apply Resistance to allies and taunt to foes? I think it’s really weird that Guardians don’t seem to have some way of applying taunt and shield seems like a good place to add it on to.

As for Shield of Absorption, revert it back to when you didn’t have to channel the bubble and it will be fine. The rooting you to the ground makes this skill almost completely useless in most situations.

Notice Us Senpai [SAMA]
All your base are belongg to us [AYB]
Sylvari are people not produce [PETP]

in Guardian

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

How about this?

That’s alot of AoE knockback, but the Shield will still lack anything to really define it. As other posts mentioned, the projectile block duration on Shield 5 needs to be fixed (and you could actually make it trigger as a Block for traits related to that too). but if you don’t want to make drastic changes to shield, maybe you could at least make the trait gives Shield 4 Regeneration (if you are determined that Guardian shouldn’t have Taunt or Resistance), so it can still establish itself as the Healer’s Choice for off-hand on a Guardian (currently this could go to Focus just as easily for condition-removal, the regen from skill 4, and the potential for Blast finishers for more heals in a water field on Focus 5, more than making up in potential to the current Shield 5-pop heal).

Afterall, Focus 4 is nicking Shield 4’s protection, why shouldn’t Shield 4 get to nick Focus 4’s regeneration?

Also, as a side note…I kinda find it funny the shield skills will now have a potential CD of 16s and 19s, when, originally, way back on release, the CDs of the Shield skills were 4t5s and 60s respectively, IIRC (with a PvP-only nerf added to Shield 4 exclusively later), that’s a huge difference (basically a full 200% to 300% more efficient than Shield was on release), perhaps larger in comparison to any other skillset in GW2 in it’s history. – if anything it shows you guys have been way-off with Guardian Shield Balance from day one, so maybe you should trust us and try out our suggestions on this one, this time, a’ight?

EDIT: Why does a numerical forty-five get censored to ‘kitten’? Odd forum coding indeed.

(edited by KotCR.6024)

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

EDIT: Why does a numerical forty-five get censored to ‘kitten’? Odd forum coding indeed.

guess they already knew you wanted to write a *s*illy *s*illable

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

How about this?

I am happy to see a Dev responding to our cries for love and attention so I’m going to add my thoughts on what would make the Sheild a little more interesting.

• Shield of Absorption -
    Cooldown goes to 45 or even 60 seconds but it no longer creates a bubble but instead absorbs all damage dealt to us for lets say 2 seconds and after those 2 seconds we are healed for a percentage of absorbed damage perhaps 10-25% (would need some testing to balance the healing) and this also promotes skillfull gameplay as you need to make sure you’re not wasting it when receiving no damage.
  • Shielded Advance -
    Cooldown set to 25 seconds and remove the damage element and have it apply either protection or aegis for 6 seconds and 15 seconds of sprint for yourself and 5 others. This will then make the skill that no Guardian has ever taken ‘Retreat’ redundent and something more fitting can be put in its place. Plus Shielded Advance sounds so much more awesome that Retreat.
Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

Grouch could you please consider giving Guards a groundtarget Port on Longbow instead of Deflecting Shot? It would solve so many problems for Guardians. Healing, Blocks, and Blinds simply are not reliable ways of sustaining, because you will never be able to outheal the Damage you get. And thats the Main problem with Guards in SPvP, once you are focused in a High-Class-Match you are pretty much done. It could even have a high Cooldown and would match to Dragonhunter, since they are a much darker Version of Guard. Guardians at least need SOME mobility.
I would love to see you reading that. Have a nice Day

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Haha buff lowering the CD? Those guys haven’t got a clue about guardian problems.

in Guardian

Posted by: Warangel Eldrith.9408

Warangel Eldrith.9408

keep the cds as they are now
add 5 sec of weakness and 5 sec of aegis to shield #4 when traited
add reflect instead of absorb to shield #5 when traited

please and thank you

GW1: Strike As One [Team] – Galileo Mystery [Team], Forever And Ever [LaG]
GW2: Velocity [VcY]

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Add healing bonus to shield 4 and blind. Thats win win

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

How about this?

Some guardian main issues its their useless skill functionallity ill post on the main thread…
(EDIT ill post it here cant load that page )
For some reason most players i talk are seying u guys from Anet forcing players to go hammer on guardian and not creating diversity.

I feel the same…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

How about this?

Here goes the rant Josh

For shield dome and those that khow where and when to use it its a very good boost, but does not solve the shield main problem wich IMO is Shield of Judgement it is useless in pvp with a 3 second prot it needs some functions beside that, the skill it self wont help defending my allies nor hurt the enemie it lacks alot, it is a awfull skill being in pve, pvp, wvw.
Shield of Absorption, the dome use besides KB, protects from most rangers bow atacks, nades and some guardian CC/skills, it is ok to protect when get spiked, i have to tell you that dome recharge its very tempting for shield but still lacks compared with other weapons and that is the gap players will never get shield, its has 1 good skill but with lack of functionality on the overall weapon.

Sanctuary, here is another skill, this one has 120 seconds of cooldown like an elite, and works more like a self trap than anything to help, i can use it on choke point for 6 seconds it ok, but that all for what that skill does, i never saw no one using it whow shoul be used becouse, to help who is inside why that pitty soul if stays inside the “sanctuary” gona get rekt.

@Anet the problem that guardian is having is that some amazing defensive skills are not working or became useless due the massive boost that other classes had over the time, those guardian skills also need to be ajusted.

EDit: if shield 1st skill had a bash/rush atack spreading prot to allies it will be even a good offhand to use with sword.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

“….oh kitten …we did nothing on shield and it becomes obviously lackluster….what can we do…???

Uhhh ? Cd change ?"

This surprisingly made me smile…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kyle.3856

Kyle.3856

I like the idea of making shield our cc weapon. My suggestion:

Shield 4: Change to an aoe taunt with protection and retaliation.

Shield 5: Add a blast finisher and/or stunbreak.

Kyne
Free of Fate
Sanctum of Rall