Thanks for the garbage traits btw.

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Communal Defenses: Grant 5 seconds of aegis to allies in a 360 range when you block an attack.
-The only reason I’d ever go 30 into Valor is for Medi builds or Zergball AH

Force of Will: Gain up to 300 vitality, based on your level.
-The only reason I’d ever go 30 into Honor is for the Pure of Voice

Purity of Body: Virtue of Resolve’s passive effects increase endurance regeneration by 15%.
-NO ONE EVER GOES 30 INTO VIRTUES

Amplified Wrath: Burning damage is increased by 33%.
-No one goes 30 into Zeal, are you crazy? Even 20 is asking to much for pve dps

Radiant Retaliation: Retaliation damage scales from condition damage instead of power.
-Scales less than power, and going condition means losing melee dmg AND I never go 30 into this trait line either, 25 MAX.

Thanks for knowing how to play a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Purity of Body I’ve found to be really good, the rest suck.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I don’t know why anybody would stick with the guardian at this point.

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

Even without Battle Presence?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

hahahahaha

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: Incomingray.8075

Incomingray.8075

6 completely useless traits for any kind of guardian play that makes sense, nothing even interesting about them.

in Guardian

Charak.9761

I still need cripple or chill T_T would of been a more valuable trait

in Guardian

Posted by: GLoGG.3429

GLoGG.3429

Noone goes 30 in virtues? Depending on your rune choice it’s not too uncommon to do so, if you’re into organized wvwvw raids or GvG’s..

Filthy SFR pug

in Guardian

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

Force of will is very good and a much needed addition. I get 25k hp with full KNIGHTS armour. That’s unheard of pre patch.

POV isn’t even that good unless you run soldier runes with it, and I defo don’t. Melandru+lemongrass+COP is more than enough to deal with condis.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Many people go 30 into Virtues. The insulting part here is that our new GRANDMASTER trait gives u 15%, I repeat- 15% Endurance regeneration…. 15%!

Other professions get 25% endurance regeneration which aren’t even Grandmaster!

This is so stupid.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian traits still need a litle touch for less Guardianless stuff.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The OP must be running that 20/20/20/20/20 build.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Guardian

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

The whole new traits are useless.

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS

in Guardian

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Errrrr you wrong lol, it depends, some pvp build uses that. some pre-made pve/pvp group also use guard speched with 30 in virtue for the extra stab on f3 or the extra remove cond on f2 (plus consacration cd/duration trait/spirit weap – avenger – which is kinda useful in certain situations).

The new GM traits seem pure crap definitely -.- because obvious reasons.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

(edited by Selenya.6410)

in Guardian

Charak.9761

you only need 20 in virtues for the condi removal f2, all grandmaster traits in virtues are not worth droping points from another tier.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

you only need 20 in virtues for the condi removal f2, all grandmaster traits in virtues are not worth droping points from another tier.

Are you basing your perspective on pvp or pve?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Complainers… you no imagination. At least 3 of those traits are good for something… but hey, to each his own.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Many people go 30 into Virtues. The insulting part here is that our new GRANDMASTER trait gives u 15%, I repeat- 15% Endurance regeneration…. 15%!

Other professions get 25% endurance regeneration which aren’t even Grandmaster!

This is so stupid.

Do those classes have the high vigor uptime of Guardians? The idea was probably that 25% increased endurance regen plus having vigor up 50-75% of the time was too much dodge spam. Now I am not going to say its an awesome trait but I agree with Jax for pvp at least its not bad at all. It helps blunt that vigor cooldown trait nerf a lbit.

Force of Will is not horrible either if you want to play a little more selfishly and not run pure of voice an extra 3k vitality might be the difference between life and death in some instances as a low health bunker in spvp. Remember you can no longer run something like cleric amulet and barbarians jewel in spvp so you are looking at like 15k hitpoints in many prominent bunkerish type builds now running cleric amulet and pure of voice in spvp. So I could see a solo queue bunkerish build using both of these. The others are complete trash however imo. This is all from a spvp perspective I could care less about any other part of the game personally.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Disagree. The 2nd stability is sweet.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Disagree. The 2nd stability is sweet.

Many people have run 30 virtues for ages in spvp.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

4 out of the 5 aren’t bad traits, just bad grandmaster traits. Amplified Wrath and Communal Defence would make fine Master level traits. Communal Defence would come a lot closer to grandmaster if it effected the caster and had a bit more range.

Force of Will seams OK for such a passive trait, but compared to the stat and damage boost from mace mastery it looks a little slim.

Purity of Body is incredibly weak. 15% endurance regen only when one of our most spammed virtues is off cooldown and no effect with vigor = adept level trait at best.

Radiant Retaliation serves no purpose and has no reason to exist as it currently is. Just remove it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I don’t know what they were thinking but I wont be using any of the new traits.
I guess we’ll have to wait another 6 months for them to SLIGHTLY buff the traits when they see no one is using them. And then another 6 months for them to become viable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I don’t know what they were thinking but I wont be using any of the new traits.
I guess we’ll have to wait another 6 months for them to SLIGHTLY buff the traits when they see no one is using them. And then another 6 months for them to become viable.

Maybe but who will be around still playing by that time?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP: Wow…

You should go tell GF and others not to use 30 points in virtues. They probably don’t know how to play guardian yet.

Also, I think you’ll see a number of people running the +300 vit in WvW. With the boon duration nerf, I think you’ll see people switching over to rune of the soldier. So +300 vit and still keep the condi clears from the soldier rune.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Not going to add caps but why should our class be forced to trait for extra vitality?

My alt lvl 3 thief with ambient (white) armor and weapons has more health than my guardian when he enters WvW. Said thief can reset the fight at any time or disengage and have cookies and milk.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

You should go tell GF and others not to use 30 points in virtues. They probably don’t know how to play guardian yet.

Also, I think you’ll see a number of people running the +300 vit in WvW. With the boon duration nerf, I think you’ll see people switching over to rune of the soldier. So +300 vit and still keep the condi clears from the soldier rune.

Rune of the Soldier (now Trooper) was meta pre-patch. Funnily enough, meta may be shifting away from Soldier runes in the near future.

Edit: If you’re not taking PoV with Runes of the Soldier you’re doing many things wrong. If you drop PoV in favour of +300 Vit, then you may as well drop the Runes of the Soldier.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Rune of the Soldier (now Trooper) was meta pre-patch. Funnily enough, meta may be shifting away from Soldier runes in the near future.

Edit: If you’re not taking PoV with Runes of the Soldier you’re doing many things wrong. If you drop PoV in favour of +300 Vit, then you may as well drop the Runes of the Soldier.

Not really. Why would you purposely remove 2 condi clear? 1 is better than none.

What you need to remember is that a lot of people ran PoV and with a boon duration spec. My comment is targeted towards them. It really depends what you want from your guardians…. longer stability really was OP prior to the nerf.

The way we ran was that shout heal warriors were more responsible for condi heal and guardians were more responsible for protection and stability.

(edited by style.6173)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Not really. Why would you purposely remove 2 condi clear? 1 is better than none.

What you need to remember is that a lot of people ran PoV and with a boon duration spec. My comment is targeted towards them. It really depends what you want from your guardians…. longer stability really was OP prior to the nerf.

The way we ran was that shout heal warriors were more responsible for condi heal and guardians were more responsible for protection and stability.

With all the junk conditions flying around, going from 2 to 1 cleanse per skill is a much bigger change than going from 1 to 0.

If you are dropping cleanses off your Guardians, presumably it’s because you are taking care of conditions with passive effects like food, melandru, and purging flames, in which case you may not need to build for much active removal.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

With all the junk conditions flying around, going from 2 to 1 cleanse per skill is a much bigger change than going from 1 to 0.

If you are dropping cleanses off your Guardians, presumably it’s because you are taking care of conditions with passive effects like food, melandru, and purging flames, in which case you may not need to build for much active removal.

Someone gets it.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

^^ one of my thoughts when looking at things last night, as you said, came from a boon duration build =/ I’m still undecided, might just go with one of the 3 and take what I can get, might go soldier, /shrug ugh

Still don’t know if that 300 vit is needed/worth it though.

Pretty frustrated with that nerf, I’m still scratching my head wondering how they nerfed one of the few good non zerk builds for PVE in an update that was supposed to help non zerk builds in PVE….

I realize the stability was really nice in wvw, but OP, did an extra like 1-2s on stability really make it overpowered in a way that it needed a nerf? really? What it did do is allow a pretty solid duration if you were properly set up (close to 10s)

And just a side note, is there really something people call a meta in WvW? seems like there are so many good options and choices out there that calling any one thing the meta is just beyond silly. It makes sense when refering to damage as there will be a “best damage” but best for wvw? isn’t that far too subjective and situational to call anything a meta? /shrug

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

“We feel the guardian is in a good place.”

Repeat to fade.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

^^ one of my thoughts when looking at things last night, as you said, came from a boon duration build =/ I’m still undecided, might just go with one of the 3 and take what I can get, might go soldier, /shrug ugh

Still don’t know if that 300 vit is needed/worth it though.

Pretty frustrated with that nerf, I’m still scratching my head wondering how they nerfed one of the few good non zerk builds for PVE in an update that was supposed to help non zerk builds in PVE….

I realize the stability was really nice in wvw, but OP, did an extra like 1-2s on stability really make it overpowered in a way that it needed a nerf? really? What it did do is allow a pretty solid duration if you were properly set up (close to 10s)

And just a side note, is there really something people call a meta in WvW? seems like there are so many good options and choices out there that calling any one thing the meta is just beyond silly. It makes sense when refering to damage as there will be a “best damage” but best for wvw? isn’t that far too subjective and situational to call anything a meta? /shrug

Yes, there’s a meta to WvW.

Like, there’s a fair bit you can say about what guardians in WvW. For example, you won’t expect to find a meditation berserker build in a guild 20+ size group but you could expect to find them in smaller groups of ~5 people.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Some of these traits could be quite useful. The problem is, none of them should be Grandmaster.

The way I see it, a Grandmaster trait, along with runes, adjusts the focus of the build, or at least determines the armor/rune choices. Pure of Voice, AH, Battle Presence to a lesser degree… These are strong and specific enough to require the point investment. 300 Vitality is not. 15% endurance regen…

Underwhelming, in the face of what you could have instead.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Guardian

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Try a might stacking bunker build (empowering might, sigil of strength/battle, rune of hoelbrak/strength, altruistic healing). My guard has 3.3k armor w/o trait 4 in 3rd line and hits like a truck with 20% crit dmg (purely from 30 in 3rd tree). Just aim for knights equips with maybe 2 cleric rings and a cleric backpiece. 0/5/30/30/5. One of the best dueling builds in the game at this moment by far, and great for general roaming too (as you give might to others as well).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Guardian

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

The OP must be running that 20/20/20/20/20 build.

there are no builds with so much points anymore :P

I gues he run like every good pve Guardian should a 4 5 0 0 5 build if i not count wrong what totally could be the case hehe

Im not so happy with th master traits too since they are maybe usefull? who knows maybe later but they are not fun. I was wishing for fun traits.

maybe with visual effects like Guardian Angel i know cheesy name … After ur Team mates reach health below the treshold 10% u ecome a guardian Angel Transform bling bling and u give everyone 2 blocks and health regenaration for 2 sec

Or Wrath of justice after u reach 20 might stacks u recive 5 more might for 5 seconds and Spirit Sword weapons spawn over ur enemy to blow then into the ground

I admit i overdone it but those direction would feel mastertraits. They dont must be op but have visual effects for fun