To you who bandwagonned DH;

in Guardian

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I mean, with all the cries that it is OP, why not bandwagon it, right? I do want to ask you for one favour though…

Please remember that you do not have to stay on Longbow. You did not become an Engineer, you can still weaponswap. You do not even have to press a button, you can click it if you want. Who knows, it might improve your peformance.

Sincerely,

Me

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

I’m only worried guardian will be hit way to hard with the nerf hammer because of all this.

norn warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

You should thanks those people, having some really really bad Players on DH will maybe show people that you can kill them hahaha

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

You should thanks those people, having some really really bad Players on DH will maybe show people that you can kill them hahaha

Highly agree!

I’m tired of stupid thieves talking crap in say chat that I only killed them because I’m using OP DH. And it definately isn’t the thousands of hours I have on guardian, and it’s not the fact a stupid thief decided to 1v1 a guardian.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I mean, with all the cries that it is OP, why not bandwagon it, right? I do want to ask you for one favour though…

Please remember that you do not have to stay on Longbow. You did not become an Engineer, you can still weaponswap. You do not even have to press a button, you can click it if you want. Who knows, it might improve your peformance.

Sincerely,

Me

if youre switching out of a weapon set as soon as possible just because it lets you then you’re doing something wrong, not them.
not to mention longbow has stupid damage right now and its only worth swapping out of if you need damage or damage mitigation faster than a longbow’s auto attack could do.

gerdian

in Guardian

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Sincerely,

Me

if youre switching out of a weapon set as soon as possible just because it lets you then you’re doing something wrong, not them.
not to mention longbow has stupid damage right now and its only worth swapping out of if you need damage or damage mitigation faster than a longbow’s auto attack could do.

Did I say you needed to? Don’t think I did…

However, since you are apparently unaware of what I am hinting at; it is beneficial to switch weapons accordingly, where Longbow does not provide enough defense in close quarters for instance, or to secure a res or stomp after casting focus 5 to negate some damage. Sticking to one weapon unless you are a kittless Engineer is never a valid startegy.

It says more about you than me that I need to explain this however. It should be common knowledge for someone with such an attitude on the internet.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Highly agree!

I’m tired of stupid thieves talking crap in say chat that I only killed them because I’m using OP DH. And it definately isn’t the thousands of hours I have on guardian, and it’s not the fact a stupid thief decided to 1v1 a guardian.

So you killed them because you’re using guardian* and not DH? So it’s just Guardian OP to thieves? (I’m not saying this, but that’s what you last sentence kind of implies)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Highly agree!

So you killed them because you’re using guardian* and not DH? So it’s just Guardian OP to thieves? (I’m not saying this, but that’s what you last sentence kind of implies)

There is a reason metabattle has dps guardian as a counter to thief.

So what I was implying with the last part, is thieves are foolish for fighting a dps guardian including a DH whether or not a single trap was used. And me being a very experienced guardian, I was going to win regardless of what dps guardian build I ran.

So thieves need to stop crying about DH’s and choose their fights more wisely. DPS guardian has always owned thieves even if dps guardian was out of meta for a while and considered weak.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Highly agree!

There is a reason metabattle has dps guardian as a counter to thief.

So what I was implying with the last part, is thieves are foolish for fighting a dps guardian including a DH whether or not a single trap was used. And me being a very experienced guardian, I was going to win regardless of what dps guardian build I ran.

So thieves need to stop crying about DH’s and choose their fights more wisely. DPS guardian has always owned thieves even if dps guardian was out of meta for a while and considered weak.

BUTBUTBUT i wanna inc randomly with a random build!! and win! Yas!

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Don’t be so sour there are tons of op elites. You can’t blame people for playing what is strong. It’s up to A-net to balance things. The pvp season starts December 1 I guarantee you there will be lots of changes to DH and the other elites to bring them more in line with the old builds before that happens.

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Don’t be so sour there are tons of op elites. You can’t blame people for playing what is strong. It’s up to A-net to balance things. The pvp season starts December 1 I guarantee you there will be lots of changes to DH and the other elites to bring them more in line with the old builds before that happens.

If DH is “brought in line” with old builds, then we are all going back to burn to be competitive lol

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Traps can be even toned down for what i care, i’m more worried about other “fixes” since anet is gentle like a lawnmower when it comes to balance. And you know with this huehuehuekids’ crusade on… sigh..

in Guardian

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Was really ? when they announced DH even if i kind of expected a longbow, but still it turned out funner than i thought for sure.

in Guardian

Posted by: SeriousSituation.3462

SeriousSituation.3462

I don’t know why people keep saying the traps are overpowered. Just don’t be a bad PvPer and run straight at them. Duh.

Dragon hunters are destroyed by conditions as well. So yeah, even on my ranger I blow dragonhunters away. Don’t even get me started with my necro.

in Guardian

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

I don’t know why people keep saying the traps are overpowered. Just don’t be a bad PvPer and run straight at them. Duh.

Dragon hunters are destroyed by conditions as well. So yeah, even on my ranger I blow dragonhunters away. Don’t even get me started with my necro.

I have a harder time with necros than anybody else. Minions blow up my traps, they got all that chill, they are tanky, they do good damage… only other class giving me that much trouble is scrapper.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Thief/Daredevil band wagoner to Dragon Hunter, signing in.

in Guardian

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thief/Daredevil band wagoner to Dragon Hunter, signing in.

I switch back and forth but DH is like driving a tank on the freeway. Every lane is a passing lane regardless of the traffic involved. DareDevil is like riding a rocket powered bicycle on one.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Highly agree!

I think any class that they can’t kill with their oneshot macro is OP to them.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I’m only worried guardian will be hit way to hard with the nerf hammer because of all this.

Wich is sad because theres alot more stronger builds in the new specs than DH is…..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Highly agree!

I’ve been destroying thieves before DH was a concept. Poor argument on their part.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I swear ‘talk smack while dead’ is a Thief skill… like something they can slot on a toolbar, because its the only profession’s corpse that’s ever tried to tell my I’m bad while I’m standing over its broken and cooling remains.

I get in a protracted duel with a Necro and they compliment me when I finally seal the deal on them. I down an outstandingly tough Warrior and we exchange tips after the match for 10 minutes, ‘cause he had stunningly good game while downed and I stopped to tell him so. After the match he literally schools me with things I didn’t know about the last 5 seconds of a 1-on-1. I’ve said ‘that was amazing’ to a Mesmer who pretty much took me over her knee and spanked me for control of a point all match long. She offered some tips on my build that were really useful while I was laying there in a heap. Win or lose I’ve had good interactions with opponents on every class except Thief. Who to be fair have extremely helpful and sportsmanlike players on their board. But in match? Mouthy.

It’s just something about the psychology of players drawn to thief gameplay. At least at my skill level, which I’m sure is fairly middling. I like to hope really skillful thieves are better about it. Even the ones kicking my backside.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Guardian

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I swear ‘talk smack while dead’ is a Thief skill… like something they can slot on a toolbar, because its the only profession’s corpse that’s ever tried to tell my I’m bad while I’m standing over its broken and cooling remains.

I get in a protracted duel with a Necro and they compliment me when I finally seal the deal on them. I down an outstandingly tough Warrior and we exchange tips after the match for 10 minutes, ‘cause he had stunningly good game while downed and I stopped to tell him so. After the match he literally schools me with things I didn’t know about the last 5 seconds of a 1-on-1. I’ve said ‘that was amazing’ to a Mesmer who pretty much took me over her knee and spanked me for control of a point all match long. She offered some tips on my build that were really useful while I was laying there in a heap. Win or lose I’ve had good interactions with opponents on every class except Thief. Who to be fair have extremely helpful and sportsmanlike players on their board. But in match? Mouthy.

It’s just something about the psychology of players drawn to thief gameplay. At least at my skill level, which I’m sure is fairly middling. I like to hope really skillful thieves are better about it. Even the ones kicking my backside.

You do know Guardians have been a hard counter to thieves for like over 1 year right? Imagine a class you have zero chance to beat no matter what you do, and it stayed that way for over 1 year. So for over 365 days in a year every time you fought that class you lost b/c Anet deemed it so.

Now imagine HoT dropped giving out all new specs/elites/weapons…..and now that class that hard countered you for over 365 days now hard counters you even MORE.

Ya you can expect some lip especially since DH takes literally zero skill to play.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

^So, thief was and is for mediguard what mediguard was for d/d cele-ele, seems ok to me

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

You do know Guardians have been a hard counter to thieves for like over 1 year right? Imagine a class you have zero chance to beat no matter what you do, and it stayed that way for over 1 year. So for over 365 days in a year every time you fought that class you lost b/c Anet deemed it so.

Now imagine HoT dropped giving out all new specs/elites/weapons…..and now that class that hard countered you for over 365 days now hard counters you even MORE.

Ya you can expect some lip especially since DH takes literally zero skill to play.

Mesmer would like to say “Hi!”. But no, there’s no reason for the lip. Saying DH takes no skill tastes an awful lot like sour grapes to me.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Nike.2631

It’s like having my point proven for me ((sigh)).

I play ALL classes. And mouthy thief trend goes back way before HoT.

Look. I play thief too. But not the rawrimakillah thief. I play thief bunker. You know how you beat a Guardian with one of those? You get into their back line. You take their home. When mister Guard comes for it, you STALL HIM. You stall for 3 seconds and you’ve won the exchange. You stall for 10 seconds you’ve made a shmuck out of him. You stall him long enough for your side’s +1 to come over and help you put him down and you’ve completely dominated. And if you can’t stall him long enough, you pop stealth and walk away denying him the kill bonus.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Guardian

Posted by: Atin.1237

Atin.1237

Just because an effective playstyle is well known doesn’t mean its OP. its just popular.
Now if I can figure out that rangers build that was hitting my Dh with 12-14k mauls back to back that would be neat.

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Just because an effective playstyle is well known doesn’t mean its OP. its just popular.
Now if I can figure out that rangers build that was hitting my Dh with 12-14k mauls back to back that would be neat.

Probably Marks+Skirmishing with Quickdraw and Remorseless for a start. Because it’s GS then you might want to assume BM too. Zerk or Valk depending and perhaps Sigil of Intelligence.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

T raw.4658

Look. I play thief too. I play thief bunker.

LOL really?

in Guardian

T raw.4658

^So, thief was and is for mediguard what mediguard was for d/d cele-ele, seems ok to me

Such a bad argument do you know why?

in Guardian

T raw.4658

Mesmer would like to say “Hi!”. But no, there’s no reason for the lip. Saying DH takes no skill tastes an awful lot like sour grapes to me.

Mesmer was only countered by s/d acro thief which got neutered while mesmer got buffed. In fact only 1 build was countered in pvp only.

Meanwhile during that time mesmer could beat all meta builds 1v1…..

in Guardian

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I’m guessing that they have moment of clarity and interrupt you, pop signet of the hunt then use maul.

in Guardian

Cat Has Ducks.1982

who let the BH thief in this discussion?

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in Guardian

Nike.2631

LOL really?

I’m pretty sure everyone reading knows the answer already, but I’ll ask: Do you want to win duels or matches? Because Thief still has unparalleled mobility and easy access to sustained stealth. It can also be spec’d to be absurdly difficult to kill.

I personally prefer to win matches. So yeah. Really.

in Guardian

T raw.4658

LOL really?

I’m pretty sure everyone reading knows the answer already, but I’ll ask: Do you want to win duels or matches? Because Thief still has unparalleled mobility and easy access to sustained stealth. It can also be spec’d to be absurdly difficult to kill.

I personally prefer to win matches. So yeah. Really.

And how many thieves on ESL run bunker?

If you want to bunker play another class than thief. You’ll be more successful and contribute to your team much more. If you want to play the easiest spec possible for a class that requires the least amount of skill well then I guess we know what to do…..

in Guardian

Nike.2631

Oh, the groupthink is strong on this one. I can and have bunkered on the other professions… and NONE of them are as fast as a thief. That’s actually one of the areas where all Guardians including the DH are deficient.

You go ahead and play in a way that strokes your duelist ego. Which may include being a DH bandwagoner for a few months. DH is gonna see some additional nerfing, but it’s not going to be enough to give Thieves anything more than a chance to take them in a face to face because Thieves have other strengths that win matches even if you choose to ignore them.

in Guardian

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Unfortunately, mobility does nothing if the DH sits on a halfway point and actually pays attention, since they WILL beat you basically every time, unless you’re substantially higher skill. You can get to your death faster, congrats.
Once the DH gets its additional nerfs, maybe. But right now DH is superior to your bunker/decap thief. Sorry.

in Guardian

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Several times I have come across a guild of mesmers-only in wvw. Do you think we will EVER see a guild of DHs?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Guardian

T raw.4658

Oh, the groupthink is strong on this one. I can and have bunkered on the other professions… and NONE of them are as fast as a thief. That’s actually one of the areas where all Guardians including the DH are deficient.

You go ahead and play in a way that strokes your duelist ego. Which may include being a DH bandwagoner for a few months. DH is gonna see some additional nerfing, but it’s not going to be enough to give Thieves anything more than a chance to take them in a face to face because Thieves have other strengths that win matches even if you choose to ignore them.

Who said anything about dueling?

After reading that you really have a thief hatred it seems.

in Guardian

Posted by: Garimeth.8725

Garimeth.8725

There is so much salt in this thread. Here is a few FACTS:

1. The game is not, nor will ever be, perfectly balanced.
2. There are builds and tactics that win, and those that do not.
3. Winning duels does not win matches, winning matches does not win duels.
4. You can choose to play in a way that let’s you win, or not.
5. Sometimes this may involve rerolling.
6. If you do not adapt, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Seriously, this is not hard stuff. I hope some of you never go into business, because you’ll be blaming everybody else when you go under.

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

/snip
5. Sometimes this may involve rerolling.

Although what you said is true, even 5 … I think 5 is the reason the forum exists. To have open debates on the validness of system mechanics and whether or not they should be changed. Especially if the mechanics create a scenario where the solution is to reroll a different class.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I have a great time!

Since every Guardian is playing DH now I gave it a shot too!

It was impressive…

…for like 5 games…

It’s not my style…

So I keep using my ol’fashioned GS/Sc+F medi build and beat the brown thing out of the “elite specs”. And you know what?

I had some whispers about me as a DH being OP….

Should I cry or laugh?

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: eyesrutherford.1357

eyesrutherford.1357

Sorry Nike. Although I don’t doubt bunker theif could work, I don’t think it would be nearly as effective as burst. Yea you can distract a guard in a match at let’s say home node. Well now you have a 4v4 scenario on the rest of the map which is basically just taking 2 outta the match. So unless your team is good enough to over power the others then it’s not really aiding. Also as a bunker theif a lot of your sustain should be through evades and stealths which doing so would prevent you from capture point contribution so said guard could just pressure a node till he had it claimed from you.

Best I’ve seen for theives so far is the daredevil mobility build for speedy map travel, plus you can speed down a player in a fight to help your team while running from node to node.
This helps just because of all of that mobility. You still have the high crits and the insane mobility and high uptime on evades keeps you alive very well. Also you can mind game players.
Example Speed off a node to say short bow mid and get their attention and then when home comes you port behind him for a fast dash to decap their home then port back to mid. Seeing as recapping takes a good few seconds you buy your team valuable time while not being out of a +1 fight for very long.

Now don’t get me wrong. I do think bunker theif is possible.
All I’m saying is I find other builds as being more effective

~Zïpples~ ~Honey~ ~Lexisety~
~Tamiyo~ ~Lord Mockingbird~

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

Who said you have to have stealth to bunker? He could easily do exactly what you said with sneakily decapping points and then moving back to a +1. He didn’t exactly specify how he was bunkering so there’s lots of possibilities for what’s actually occurring. Just like how not every bunker guard or DH are the same.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Nephar.3746

Nephar.3746

Highly agree!

So you killed them because you’re using guardian* and not DH? So it’s just Guardian OP to thieves? (I’m not saying this, but that’s what you last sentence kind of implies

i main a thief, all this sentence let me understand why pvp is so kitten in this game.
the arrogance and the presumption of sentence like “the stupid thief that tought to engage a guardian 1v1” or like the “smart sentence”: I think any class that they can’t kill with their oneshot macro is OP to them… when it is ok every other class should have the power to oneshot us in passive aoe lol. just for information: thief no longer have a one-shot macro since long time. a backstab crit hit 6k in pvp.
lets’ talk about burn, do u rly think it is balanced?

bleeding (0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22 damage per stack per second
torment (0.045 * Condition Damage) + 15.9 damage per stack per second
poison (0.06 * Condition Damage) + 33.5 damage per stack per second
BURNING (01.55*CONDITION DMG) + 131.5 DMG PER STACK PER SEC.

not all class (like thief for ex) have access to burning but let it be.. a condition to rule em all…

did any of u look at this vid maybe? how can u dodge that kind of dmg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3RRn09JKNI
if thief is such in a bad spot atm (like the general balance of pvp) is for this kinds of assumptions.. in a good pvp enviroment every 1v1 should be a fair challenge no “one-shot macro” no “one-shot traps” no “one shot condi” and so on

in Guardian

Ghotistyx.6942

There are better ways of getting your message across, like not using caps and typing out complete words in the forum language (which happens to be English). Also, actually making a point is very helpful but obviously not required as evidenced by the many posts in the profession forums as a whole, let alone this thread.

Looking back at your post, I’m having a hard time resisting the urge to be a sassy Sally. Like, it would probably be easier to give up food for a day than to not just go to town.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Nephar.3746

There are better ways of getting your message across, like not using caps and typing out complete words in the forum language (which happens to be English). Also, actually making a point is very helpful but obviously not required as evidenced by the many posts in the profession forums as a whole, let alone this thread.

Looking back at your post, I’m having a hard time resisting the urge to be a sassy Sally. Like, it would probably be easier to give up food for a day than to not just go to town.

well not everyone is english native, so u should have a little open mind and trying to understand trough grammar mistakes.
i used caps to just highlight the burning damage factor.
the point of the post is “im astonished there are people that can defend the actually DH as not being op”

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Highly agree!

So you killed them because you’re using guardian* and not DH? So it’s just Guardian OP to thieves? (I’m not saying this, but that’s what you last sentence kind of implies

i main a thief, all this sentence let me understand why pvp is so kitten in this game.
the arrogance and the presumption of sentence like “the stupid thief that tought to engage a guardian 1v1” or like the “smart sentence”: I think any class that they can’t kill with their oneshot macro is OP to them… when it is ok every other class should have the power to oneshot us in passive aoe lol. just for information: thief no longer have a one-shot macro since long time. a backstab crit hit 6k in pvp.
lets’ talk about burn, do u rly think it is balanced?

bleeding (0.06 * Condition Damage) + 22 damage per stack per second
torment (0.045 * Condition Damage) + 15.9 damage per stack per second
poison (0.06 * Condition Damage) + 33.5 damage per stack per second
BURNING (01.55*CONDITION DMG) + 131.5 DMG PER STACK PER SEC.

not all class (like thief for ex) have access to burning but let it be.. a condition to rule em all…

did any of u look at this vid maybe? how can u dodge that kind of dmg?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3RRn09JKNI
if thief is such in a bad spot atm (like the general balance of pvp) is for this kinds of assumptions.. in a good pvp enviroment every 1v1 should be a fair challenge no “one-shot macro” no “one-shot traps” no “one shot condi” and so on

Thieves have always said Guards were OP. Even power medi guards when Bunkers were meta in tournaments.

Thieves used to be the better 1v1 classes around, able to stalemate any fight by simply peeling away and/or perma stealthing till their health and cds come back. But for some reason, Daredevil’s performance is extremely poor compared to Thief prepatch.

My point is, Thieves have always complained about Guardians, whether it be power or condi. If you were any other class complaining about DH, we could go further into detail but right now… the majority of forum QQs are Thieves and Wars. Especially about burn Guards… the only person who complained were Thieves.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

You will be nerfed as all the class that were once in the OP spot. Too many complain and people rerolling DH.

Heiann – NSP

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I used to be a medi guardian than a hybrid (gs/hammer+virtue/rad/valor).

Now I give a go to the OP DH with DH/valor/zeal or rad

I shall not know but here is my feedback:

Thief is actually a stronger +1 against me if I play DH than against my regular medi/hybrid build.

If my attention is to pewpew people and someone blows my traps (mesmer/necro/ranger) than I have actually less defence than a regular Guardian build.

Also if a thief is prepared for the fight (like I used to be against my archenemies like necro/mesmer) they bring Thief’s Guild !!! (yeah, I know…. I have a thief as well….) or Daggerstorm… The DH pushes their pants just further down once the traps are blowed. Even a burn/hybrid guardian is more capable of doing 1v1v+1 than a Draghonhunter.

All the sudden their +1 present is deadly for my DH meanwhile I could manage this pretty easily on my hybrid guardian.

So if a thief plays it’s (I know… forced…) role as +1 it can be even more deadly to a DH than to a vanilia guardian….

My two cents…

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Nephar.3746

I used to be a medi guardian than a hybrid (gs/hammer+virtue/rad/valor).

Now I give a go to the OP DH with DH/valor/zeal or rad

I shall not know but here is my feedback:

Thief is actually a stronger +1 against me if I play DH than against my regular medi/hybrid build.

If my attention is to pewpew people and someone blows my traps (mesmer/necro/ranger) than I have actually less defence than a regular Guardian build.

Also if a thief is prepared for the fight (like I used to be against my archenemies like necro/mesmer) they bring Thief’s Guild !!! (yeah, I know…. I have a thief as well….) or Daggerstorm… The DH pushes their pants just further down once the traps are blowed. Even a burn/hybrid guardian is more capable of doing 1v1v+1 than a Draghonhunter.

All the sudden their +1 present is deadly for my DH meanwhile I could manage this pretty easily on my hybrid guardian.

So if a thief plays it’s (I know… forced…) role as +1 it can be even more deadly to a DH than to a vanilia guardian….

My two cents…

im agree with you (except the +1 role, forced indeed), but i dont want to address the DH as a whole, but the damage from procession of blades specifically. I can stand and try to counter the insane damage from longbow skills (true shot). but the deadly trap + that damage from 1200 makes it… frustrating in Spvp.
Dodging the trap is possible, but in this actual state even if u have very low latency and try to ista-dodge (or pre-dodge like in the video i linked) the damage spike is too high.