[Video] Meditation Guardian Solo Roaming

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Hey guys.. coming back to playing my guardian again after a few months of exploring some other professions. Working off the rust I’ve grown. In any case I just made a collection of fights from today into a video. Lost 1v2s the rest are just some frags and fights. Though in the future hopefully I’ll have some better content. Let me know what you think! Harsh feedback or positive it doesn’t matter all of it is welcome.

Videos

1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNAsRKXHbw&feature=youtu.be

2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3RVKGoih8&feature=youtu.be

3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXqEs_j9mGY&feature=youtu.be (01/29/2015)

4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDdg0CGcFwc (2/15/2015)

5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hNWzwqyc_I (9/4/2015)

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Don’t include fights you loose, Don’t include fights against upscales if you can help it, you have a huge gap without music might want to look at syncing the audio better, and I wouldn’t include the fights against the staff guardians and zerglings that got lost ^^

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

Don’t include fights you loose, Don’t include fights against upscales if you can help it, you have a huge gap without music might want to look at syncing the audio better, and I wouldn’t include the fights against the staff guardians and zerglings that got lost ^^

I’ll keep that in mind for the next one. Thanks for the feedback!

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i kinda like it
i do prefer ppl include fights they lost in hard situation so ppl can learn from it
i would take focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Mind posting your build? I’m curious as to how it compares to mine, I’m all about the torch as well XD

Also, do include fights that you lose! Just because you lose a fight doesn’t mean it’s boring or invalid footage. It also gives it a certain genuine quality instead of another “look at how I never lose anything, I’m the greatest, bow down to me” kind of compilation. The secret some of these people won’t tell you is that they die quite regularly, even if they win more frequently.

IMO, the first two encounters were some of the most entertaining in the whole video. They were 1v2s, and you were still pushing your opponents to their limits. In fact, you actually did win the first fight, you only “lost” because the drakes helped them out by reviving them.

Plus you see some other stuff in “never lose” videos where the person will cut the footage even though action is still going on. This always makes it seem like they died a bit later, but decided to cut that bit out, which I consider lame. I wanted to see what happened, but they decided to hide that. In your video, you could’ve cut the first fight after they both went down but before the drakes rallied them, but it would’ve been less interesting.

Besides, I’d rather watch something like you losing those 1v2s than another warrior compilation where they spend 80% of the video with their backs turned to their opponents, or a thief compilation that’s literally the same two buttons being pressed over and over, CnDing off every kitten griffon and raptor acting like they’re genuine kittenes.

As for the uplevels… I feel they’re fair game so long as your outnumbered (i.e. two 80s plus an uplevel). A 2 second stun or a pull from an uplevel is just as potent as one from a level 80, after all. Of course, if they just exploded and do nothing else, it can be a little pointless to watch.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

in Guardian

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

you hit and took 0 damage and preceeded to attack with your burst, DONT do that, its that that seperates the bad from the good, learn to avoid burst and learn when to use it, its that simple in small fights, thats literally what it comes down to, keep up the vids ^^

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

New video uploaded with new fights.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I liked it more then the first, for the most part, it was enjoyable to watch.

The music wasn’t to my taste but that’s pretty irrelevant, and the fight against the PU Mesmer and dd ele dragged on a bit near the end there.

I’d suggest you make your chat box smaller in the corner its clogging up quite a bit of the screen, then cover it up while you are editing the video, perhaps a small symbol or logo so the chat cannot be read and such.

What program/s are you using for the editing? are you able to go into the render settings and change it up? you can get much higher qualities for a 720p video (I find that a mp4 h.264 with a multipass CBR given around 30mb/s bitrate with a high profile 5.1 level gives an almost crystal clear 720p from a 720p recording (file size around 2g for 10 minutes) given a good source recording, such as fraps footage), as long as you don’t mind taking a bit longer to render and having a larger file to upload.

I would recommend taking judges intervention, the fury, heal and 1,200 distance closing as well as a stunbreak is much better then save yourselves which gives 10 seconds of some boons on a very long cooldown, but that’s just personal preference, tbh I don’t really like playing with shouts in a meditation build.

Also, if you are roaming and want some company, feel free to send me a pm if I’m online~

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

in Guardian

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

to add onto natsu’s good critisism, use sword 2 before switching to leap with GS you did it about 4 times in the vid and didnt close the gap between you and your enemy, it made me cringe real bad but other than that, awesome improvement im looking foward to more ^^

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

I’m using Dxtory(licensed) to record still tweaking around with the settings for better video quality. I’m still a bit new to Video editing so just using basic things, and the video editor is Movie maker(Yes very basic and pretty bad but I’m a beginner so good starting point at the least)

I don’t really need Judge’s intervention since it really is preference. I have reduced Cooldown on SY so it’s 48 seconds, and it’s not 10 seconds, It’s 12 seconds because of my set up(I run Traveler’s). Also it heals for the amount of a meditation overtime since regen. JI just gives me a teleport burn and brick heal, when I have a leap and a telport already,. Taking SY gives me a bit more freedom because 12s of Fury, 12 seconds of protection 12s of Swiftness, etc give a lot more opposed to taking JI. So it’s offensive and defensive mix though that’s just my preference. I’ve ran JI before in the past :P.

@Redcobra – Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Yeah I can understand the Sword 2 →GS leap to close the gap I’m aware of that most of the time. For the most it, for me when i use LoF is I’ll either put a symbol down and leap for retal, use GS Leap, and then try to binding blade, or just use Leap of Faith for damage and blind when there’s a opportune time to pressure.

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

Put out a new video , link is in the OP if you wanna watch.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

While I agree with taking out fights against uplevels and people that are clearly zergbuilt, putting in losing fights is fine. Honestly, it’s better than trying to pretend one never loses.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

While I agree with taking out fights against uplevels and people that are clearly zergbuilt, putting in losing fights is fine. Honestly, it’s better than trying to pretend one never loses.

Problem is upscale players are part of WvW. Let them stay in the video unless you are seeking them out intentionally. Heck, I got a few tells last night, and I’m sure we all do, after killing a few greens. Hey, why did you kill me. I’m like because you are there you fool. I’m not here to pass out golden bombs of light and love or give you a bag of skittles. You are on a PvP map, by choice, so of course I’m going to fight you…. /sigh.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, I do kill upscales myself so certainly if they get involved there’s nothing that can be done, however beating them or beating a zergbuilt player is little more interesting to me than killing a guard. (Arguably, the guards are harder).

Recording a losing fight though isn’t a bad idea though. Being in a 1v2 or even worse is a reality of wvw. You often learn a lot from the fights you get killed in. So I was actually commending OP for being candid. I know there’s some fights I lost that I wouldn’t want to be seen. (Ex. my d/d ele being killed from a guardian that empowered —> WW in a few hits last night. I honestly didn’t understand what happened even though I am new to ele; I’m sure that’s not supposed to happen. ) :p

We want excitement! I think the biggest problem if I ever got a comp good enough to record stuff, that wvw contains a lot of boredom when running around, so there would be so much cutting involved.

As for the video itself, I am enjoying them. One thing I’d suggest is to not waste your time with cleansing flames unless they’re like running away with 1% hp left and you just need to finish them though. The damage isn’t really that good. Also, try to coordinate JI with your burst. Don’t just teleport in. You can say start the WW and JI in, or ready your zealot’s flame to toss it in their face.

Edit: Didn’t realize you didn’t have JI, but point is still there.

Also abuse F1 more! The extra burst of burning and might (and blind if you traited it) makes a big difference then the occasional burning the passive does.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

Thanks for the feedback. For the upleveled scene I actually debated about taking it out, though in the end I kept it in because it was a fun fight, there were 2 level 80’ present, they had a vet generator ice elemental for chills and knockbacks to help them, there was a decent amount of them.almost died at a point. So yeah, but i can understand the ideal of upleveled kills being unsatisfying to view in a video like that.

Now touch ups about the tips. I use Cleansing Flame only when i know I won’t be in range to hit them with sword since mid range its best used against running foes that are not like Greatsword Warriors. Also dealing some damage is better than no damage at all within those seconds of combat. It’s also able to proc Air sigil so its not completely Cleansing Flame isn’t really that useless. For the reasoning of using Flashing blade and then Zealot’s fire, the initial activation inflicts burn which gives me my 10% damage mod for for the time I’m to burst. Then the second application of burning if the Zealot’s Fire nuke hits.(I would include a the real 2nd burn application which is near the end of Zealot Fire’s duration, but it’s somewhat hard to get all 3 procs applied consistently in real fights. )

As for VoJ active, I use it when i feel that i need that little bit of Oomph with might stacks or Zealot’s fire is on CD. I don’t have a single point in Radiance so no blind on active for me to abuse :P. Also since I already apply burning through torch and my weapons are fast attacking, it helps add just a little bit more time to already applied burns left by torch. Your words are appreciated nonetheless!

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

New video is posted in the OP! Enjoy.

in Guardian

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Oh noooo, you included the one where I got pulled out of Shelter.

Good fights with you man! We ended up perfectly even in the end (until you forced yourself to switch to trimedi, which isn’t your main anyway) . Lots of fun that night.

-Meri

P.S. Not to BM too much… but dare I say… classic Texblue? Also, interesting to see you utilizing a 20651 trait spread (or something very similar) with double damage modifiers well. I’ve been experimenting with it myself, and it’s definitely pretty good.

collector of liquid aurillium

(edited by ventusthunder.5067)

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

xD I was lucky enough to get it recorded.

Yeah! Good fights with you as well. It’s been a while since I’ve dueled some really good medi guard players,, and I had a blast with those fights :] . Also yeah just the usual OPP thing. I’ve been on that end more than once so i don’t mind. As for trait set up goes, that’s my exact setup. It took a lot of experimentations with traits until i found it. I feel right as home when running it.

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

And after a long break of making vids of roaming/dueling, another video has been added to the OP.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Link sent me to a bog otter video..

Baer

in Guardian

Lucentfir.7430

Whoops my bad. Link is fixed now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I like the video and the music. This is my personal opinion, but I liked the roaming more than the duels.

Baer