in Guardian

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Blast finisher.

You've been using SoWrath incorrectly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I just use it as a blast finisher for some more might most of the time, It is also very useful for ressing people, especially in fractal boss fights where those 3 blocks keep my kitten alive while I res.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

“After it takes a few blocks, then it explodes” …no… no it doesn’t work like that. You would THINK that someone that works at Anet that posts a guide would actually KNOW WHAT THE CLASS SKILLS DO.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

“After it takes a few blocks, then it explodes” …no… no it doesn’t work like that. You would THINK that someone that works at Anet that posts a guide would actually KNOW WHAT THE CLASS SKILLS DO.

You forget that Anet doesn’t play Guardians.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Checkmate!

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Checkmate!

Guys, if that’s the only slip up you’ve found in his 20+ min video things may not be as bad as you’re makin it out to be.

I’d guess he just got it confused with arcane shield which does work the way he described.

The whole ArenaNet doesn’t play guardians thing is.. well, I’m not a fan. It harkens to a worse game with a worse class and I don’t know why we have to hijack this particular part of their whining.

Complain about the valid things, criticize the bad decisions, voice dissatisfaction but this sort of nitpicking as validation of the worst doom saying on these forums is just going to bring you down unnecessarily.

Again, we’re still highly desirable in all forms of content (though with limited options on how to build for that content). We are one of the better off classes in this game.

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Checkmate!

Guys, if that’s the only slip up you’ve found in his 20+ min video things may not be as bad as you’re makin it out to be.

I’d guess he just got it confused with arcane shield which does work the way he described.

The whole ArenaNet doesn’t play guardians thing is.. well, I’m not a fan. It harkens to a worse game with a worse class and I don’t know why we have to hijack this particular part of their whining.

Complain about the valid things, criticize the bad decisions, voice dissatisfaction but this sort of nitpicking as validation of the worst doom saying on these forums is just going to bring you down unnecessarily.

Again, we’re still highly desirable in all forms of content (though with limited options on how to build for that content). We are one of the better off classes in this game.

Yeah, kinda like how “Guardians are in a good place right now”?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Lol, that was definitely a telling mistake. But this doesn’t change that much. I mean it’s a livestream, and yes people do screw up!

On the other hand, I’m pretty surprised he’s using a legitimate pve build instead of some 30 valor crap which most likely makes the advice better than most given.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Checkmate!

I only watched a few minutes of it, though. :P

I’m sure he knows how the ability works, but just used the wrong wording. Still, though. It’s kind of funny.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I don’t even know where to start. This kind of hypersensitive criticism is unnecessary and unwarranted. He misspoke. Get over it. This is not front page news. People misspeak all the time. All the time. If you can speak at all, you have misspoken before and will again. This doesn’t warrant a thread, much less discussion.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I don’t even know where to start. This kind of hypersensitive criticism is unnecessary and unwarranted. He misspoke. Get over it. This is not front page news. People misspeak all the time. All the time. If you can speak at all, you have misspoken before and will again. This doesn’t warrant a thread, much less discussion.

Pot calling kettle black?

I do agree people say things then want to retract but when you record, upload, and/or stream things sometimes can’t be corrected. No harm, no foul. However, I do agree with the folks who took a shot at they don’t play or understand the class. We can all go back and look at the December 10th post for justification.

Anyway it is what it is. You and I both could have just went about our merry way and ignored a reply. But, we both did. Looks like neither one of us has a halo, eh?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There’s nothing wrong with petty criticism, because sometimes humor is just that. Though sometimes it’s hard to tell if people are being serious enough.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

Did you even read the post above yours before you launched into your own hypersensitive criticism?

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Did you even read the post above yours before you launched into your own hypersensitive criticism?

It was supposed to be a joke :[ I thought the italics nailed it.

Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

And in my defense, jokes or not, I am quite bitter on the Guardian development over the last few patches. There’s been quite a few instances where the devs don’t seem to know the class. This mistake, intentional or not, is just the icing on the proverbial cake.

in Guardian

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Eh, tiny mistake in an otherwise solid guide. This guide gave me a little more faith in the dev team.

(edited by laharl.8435)

in Guardian

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

“That’s the joke!”, I hear you argue.

“Then why aren’t I laughing?”, I retort.

in Guardian

styx.7294

Checkmate!

I only watched a few minutes of it, though. :P

I’m sure he knows how the ability works, but just used the wrong wording. Still, though. It’s kind of funny.

It is kind of funny.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

The hypersensitive criticism in this thread is approaching dangerous levels.

in Guardian

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Thought this was going to be about signet

I am disappoint

in Guardian

styx.7294

Do what you always do, plague form and spam blinds until it passes.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Do what you always do, plague form and spam blinds until it passes.

^ hehehehe ^

in Guardian

Oozo.7856

People don’t seem to appreciate the pure amount of skill it takes to manage the abilities available to you while in plague form. Besides, it’s a toggle so you don’t really need to spam it.

in Guardian

foofad.5162

Filthy casuals.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

People don’t seem to appreciate the pure amount of skill it takes to manage the abilities available to you while in plague form. Besides, it’s a toggle so you don’t really need to spam it.

tell em

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Guardian

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

It explodes after three blocks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Filthy casuals.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Spitjaw.2987

Spitjaw.2987

/me cries

Spitjaw The Punching Bag Guardian Of Judge Legends[JDGE] @ Gunnars Hold EU

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

/me cries

ROFLOL, at this, and the one before it.