hey Guardians what wep you want next?

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

For an Elite specialization what weapon do you all want next, that isnt a completely new weapon type for the game or land?

How about an Off Hand Dagger. Could be like a religious witch hunter or demon hunter or something? Could get Sword animations for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

Ba-dum-tshh

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I would like a off-hand mace to dual wield my Moot while dancing, just like my friend on his warrior.

Seriously, Axe main-hand and Warhorn would be my two best choice. Warhorn for buffing team and Axe as a more fast pace dps style.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Arricson Krei.9560

Arricson Krei.9560

I’d rather they fix the stuff we have now than to make new weapons (across all professions).

On topic: I’d love to see an off hand sword or mace. Or MH Axe for a condi-dedicated weapon.
OH Sword:

• Sword4: Frontal cone attack with the range of Shield4. Tether up to five enemies. Tethered enemies will suffer from Weakness repeatedly. _Tether Range 750. Tether Duration 5s. Weakness Duration 1s. Condition Application Interval 1s.
  • Sword5: Create a symbol below you that grants allies Fury and damages enemies.

OH Mace.

• Mace4: Create a symbol below you that grants allies Resistance and damages enemies.
  • Mace5: PBAoE attack. Whirls around sending projectiles to up to 5 units, ally or enemy. Enemies and Allies struck will be marked for 10s, causing damage overtime (this damage will be close to the DoT by Guardian GS Binding Blade). A secondary chain skill will: Detonate the marks healing nearby allies and immobilizing each enemy (marks on allies heal themselves and allies near them, while the immobilize effect is individual).

MH Axe.

1. AA Chain
    • Bleed your foe. 130 range.
    • Bleed your foe. 130 range.
    • Burn foes around you. 300 radius.
  2. Channel, signet target skill designed to proc VoJ multiple times. Applies 10s Vulnerability on the last hit. (at least 15 strikes. Deals horrid physical damage).
  3. Throw your axe, crippling and bleeding your foe every second for xs. A second chain skill: Pull yourself to your foe. 600 range, 900 leash.

As you might be able to see… Sword 4 and Mace 5 can easily be worked into Shield 4 and 5. The ‘mark’ effects of Mace5 would take effect when Shield5 is detonated, giving Shield5 a chain of 3 skills.

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

On a more serious note. It’ll probably be a main hand weapon since having more off hands than main hands is just weird. We’ll probably get axe. That being said I’d love to see warhorn.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

^, this, it makes sense for a guardian to have a shield as offhand offcourse, i was expecting it would be the new weapon but anet forcing every one on pirate ship.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

1 handed main hand spear

spear / focus master race

Skill 1: Maiming Spear – 1200 range, every 3rd hit causes Cripple
Skill 2: Spear of Lightning – 1200 range, causes vulnerability and weakness
Skill 3: Holy Spear – 1200 range, massive single target damage that explodes on impact into a fire field and causes 1 stack of burning per tick.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

(edited by Darknicrofia.2604)

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

Don’t say this! They’ll give us mainhand shield with the same kit as offhand shield. ;_;

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

+1ed

in Guardian

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

A bare hand for offhand where I can hold out my hand and throw up a mid air sigil that blocks projectiles and magic. Also, this sigil when activated spins and shoots out balls of blue light BUT the blocking of projectiles and magic effect does not last as long as it would had you not activated it. Because uh…our focus has moved to blasting our enemies.

Like some kind of sigil holy power mini gun.

Also you can press your hand into the ground that covers you with a sanctuary. Everytime you activate the skill key there is an effect pulse and you heal yourself, allies AND knockback enemies. When the skill has expired it explodes??

We will also get a defensive stance that changes our 1 handed skills to something different? Or something? Like parries? More defence?

I’ll stop.

(edited by Templar.3418)

in Guardian

Silhouette.5631

Templar. You sir just described what I hope and pray we would get from an offhand pistol

in Guardian

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

I would like a main hand pistol.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

1. Terrestrial Spears / Wells (supportive wells) — Paragon
  2. Off-hand sword / Mantras (utility and cleansing) — Soulblade
  3. Warhorn / Minions (spirit archers/warriors matching your race) — Harbinger
“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Dual wield GS. nuff said.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ambush.3251

Ambush.3251

Brace yourselves, 2H axes are coming.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Honestly I don’t know… We have every guardian-ish weapon already… Unless they bring the spear out of the water I don’t see any weapon matching the image of a guardian…

Offhands are different… I can imagine a warhorn or even a shield (sigh)…

Axe is barbaric. Let the common folks chop trees.

Pistol or rifle is not for a “noble” fighter.

Polearm… Yes this would be awesome!

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Posted by: toaster messiah.7320

toaster messiah.7320

OH Mace / with control effects
OH Sword / with condi applications
NO OFFHAND OPTION / where we get 2 skills; they act the same for all MH weapons but they get different secondary effects for each of them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Visually/thematically I’d want pistol or rifle.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Eventually we’ll learn everything from every class… I rather it not go that path. Why not evolve what the class already is? I think it should be something completely new and mystical. How about a specialization tree that gives the class a new Function ability?

CONCEPT
Mystic Specialization – all classes
New F5 ability that acts like an elite.

Guardians: – Summons 5 new spirit weapons from the mist to attack your foes.
AxeDaggerShortbowScepterMace
Shortbow and Mace prioritizes on ally supports, much like the way they do now. Axe is damage. Scepter is cc and dagger can attack fast and possibly apply bleeding. All weapons can proc F1. All weapons are effected by guardian traits such as mace’s symbol and spirit weapon buffs.

Thief: – F3 enables the thief to teleport rapidly (8x) in a 1200 range area. Each teleport creates a mini shadow refuge. The 8 mini refuge puddles will last for 5s and will stealth allies every second.
possibly damaging enemies and/or stunning enemies who are first initially caught in the subterfuge. All thief traits and stealth traits effects the subterfuge.

Elementalist: – A new static attunement that isn’t based on weapon sets. Gain all other attunement boons when you switch to it. Skills: 1) Create a river of lava in a direction that burn foes and offers fire shields to allies. 2) Create a water wave in front of you, similiar to cleansing wave, healing and cleansing conditions on allies. 3) Create an electric current that applies a shock aura on allies for 5s. Enemies are initially damaged and stunned for a second if the current hits them. 4) Envelope allies in a Magnetic surge that offers Protection and reflection. The initial cast creates a ring of earth around allies. 5) Transfer arcane energy to surounding allies, giving their next 3 attacks critical damage
ok ran out of ideas for #5 but arcane may work

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

before that, fix the d—ned shield first.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

+100000

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

NO OFFHAND OPTION / where we get 2 skills; they act the same for all MH weapons but they get different secondary effects for each of them.

How do you propose to make up the loss of stat points/armor and broken rune-sets from an empty slot?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Guardian

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Brace yourselves, 2H axes are coming.

God I hope so! I would love one for Guard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Shortbows, pistols, rifles, or possibly daggers depending on its abilities.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Shield:

4# some useful skill
5# some useful skill

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

MH Axe or OH Sword. MH Shield would be cool, but I can’t imagine any uses that would be gimmicky :|

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

+100000

This. I would love to have a viable shield to build and bear the awesome legendary shield. I have near 4k hours in the game, which 2156 of them are for my main guardian and another 75 from my second one, and I always find weird that in all that time none of them did use a shield at all (I’m being hyperbolic here: maybe I did use it like fourty minutes or so).

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I know Anet has talked about using tomes as a kit styled specialization. Without sounding like I’m ripping off of Engineer, I kinda really want a rifle now, despite just getting a longbow. I’d rather people not naively think it’s stealing from the engineer though, like they did with Dragonhunter.

Another option would be Warhorn and Mantras themed as chants and arias/echos. That would be suitably Paragon themed without having to make a terrestrial spears, although that’s precisely what I’m waiting for. As soon as guardians get that kind of access, I’m using it exclusively.

Not many other weapons really feel like they should be next. Pistol/Rifle and Warhorn.

HOW ABOUT A SHIELD?!

Very joke, such funny, wow

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

MAIN HAND FOCUS!

in Guardian

Posted by: Chokapik.3741

Chokapik.3741

I think axe would be great!
Or maybe shield main-hand. I would love to dual-wield shields.

Escape from Rata Sum: http://orikaru.net/ratascape
Guild Emblem Editor: http://nailek.net/gw2/emblemeditor

in Guardian

Posted by: Chille kasper.2946

Chille kasper.2946

Axe would idd be great, but i’m still playing they will fix the shield….

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I want dual wield shield