5,754steal 2,826cloak-dagger 11,267backstab

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mjk.7562

Mjk.7562

If you played thief you will realize there is no need of anythign else than group of thieves.
Team with good team play and thieves only will just slaughter anything:/ so be prepared to see more thief only sPvps :<

41 Ranger, 80 Thief, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Ele.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Good thing sPvP is (for me) so boring I’ll never try that again anyhow. DAoC-style PvP! Hooooo!
(WvW is the PvP WoW was lacking, if I liked sPvP I wouldn’t have had to abandon my Shaman :P )

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

Lol, it’s fun to read replies of some kids around here. At first, i completly agree with OP, my primary is thief, full exotic, ful berserker, but build is healing/dmg, so i keep incredible dureability with cloaking/regen when cloaked, longer cloak and still keep backstab betwen 10k-8k on soft and 8k-6k on heavy. I laugh at those zealously defending thief . no offence but that class is completly broken for pvp, mainly when you know thief well as me and staret other classes like warrior, now have it on 80 and mesmer 80, what i can achieve on mesmer with mega-combinations of buttons, i can easily get repeated button mash on thief :P

Thanks for being honest.

Mesmer player here, who created a thief just to see how it works. Same results. On my mesmer I have to use complicated mega-combinations of buttons, on the thief I just mash some buttons and kill much faster and more reliable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

My main is also full exotic geared thief, only I run a P/D condition heavy build. I really think the BS build is cheap and way too easy, and I was very surprised not to see it nerfed last week. I totally agree with Mjk. When I’m on the thief boards it’s funny to see all the thieves defending the build. I abandoned that build a long time ago for the one I run now. I just hope when, not if, the nerf comes, it’s to BS and not stealth. Without stealth, most alternate thief builds just wouldn’t work. It would be like taking away a mesmer’s phantasms…oh wait, anet basically did, heh.

in Mesmer

Snoxx.7943

My main is also full exotic geared thief, only I run a P/D condition heavy build. I really think the BS build is cheap and way too easy, and I was very surprised not to see it nerfed last week. I totally agree with Mjk. When I’m on the thief boards it’s funny to see all the thieves defending the build. I abandoned that build a long time ago for the one I run now. I just hope when, not if, the nerf comes, it’s to BS and not stealth.

Two things need to happen: A backstab nerf and a fix to the graphic engine, making thieves actually visible the moment they come out of stealth, not 2 seconds later.

Without stealth, most alternate thief builds just wouldn’t work. It would be like taking away a mesmer’s phantasms…oh wait, anet basically did, heh.

LOL, yeah!

btw, it’s always again an amazing show when I meet a thief who actually knows what he is doing. Just had a thief who tried to gank me and caused me serious trouble but he finally decided to abandon on me because an easier cloth-wearing target came along and joined the fight – which he instantly downed. I managed to prevent him from stomping the poor dude, and when a third player joined the fight he retreated from the battlefield. We three were charging him, only to find him nearby fighting a Dolyak, which he managed to kill while we 3 of us tried to kill him. It took him a while but he still managed to kill it. Finally there was 5 of us charging him, but he got away alive.

Business as usual, some might say. But in this special case, the thief wasn’t even lvl 80. So we are not talking about someone in exotic end-game gear with perfect runes and stuff.

He wasn’t exploiting, I saw what he did and I know how the thief class works. My brother plays one, usually sitting next to me while we play together.

But surely someone will come and tell me thieves are fine and I should learn to play …

(edited by Snoxx.7943)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

This is what it should actually look like ;

Decoy at 1200.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

For those interested, my latest pvp video (vol.3) has a few 1 v 1 thief battles towards the end where 2 of them get the jump on me and the scenario would have been very similar to the OP’s situation.

Screwed up on the 2nd fight though and got downed (forgot to use distortion) which reinforces my statement earlier – when it comes to glass vs glass, it’s the first person to make a mistake that get’s blown up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Aussie here so latency isnt as good as native server users. IF you dont see them coming your first second is realising you are underattack, attempt to decoy/distort. But lets say they are venom. 2 extra seconds is more than enough with that damage. Anyway your missing the kitten loven obvious, RISK VS REWARD. Im a glass cannon just like they are, give me 18k worth of crits in 2.5 seconds and the ability to multi stealth away.
Least a warrior / ele goes down in a blaze of glory

ok so your issue is lag?

You complain about the class, then when folks give you answers now you swing over to the lag out..

Fine you got lag.. complain about that then.. Not how you can’t use the tools we have to handle thieves

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Decoy when they steal… who burns distortion w/o clones on something a thief with a brain will just wait 1s to circumvent? Tanky pisol/dagger + caltrop spamming thieves are very painful though.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I find Thieves to be one of the easier professions to deal with on my Mesmer. I have so many tools in my build to stop their burst. I can count on one hand who many times I’ve lost to a thief in a 1v1.

Cry of Frustration
Distortion
Illusionary Riposte
Blurred Frenzy
Blink

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

What Ppl in this thread need to deccide is what rhis thread purpose is. Atm its 50% ppl who just whine and basicly call for a nerf to this and that. This post is irrelevant and dont bring anything to the community in form of help etc. Then there is a group of players who say they can and foubd ways to deal with thiefs, but the first group is not interested in this as they rather see nerfs than learn ways to handle named situation. And ofc there in this kind of threads is a fuhre pure trolls ofc but as long they subtile and good at trolling I dont mind.

What I would like to see is for those who .accualy after learn ways to handle thiefs get som solid questions and take advice of the ppl who post films, tricks and guides etc how to handle them thiefes. Also practice is NEVER wrong, Nero told he practice often vs a high ranked tournie thief, not 1 single player who then in the comming 20 posts accualy wanted to hear this, they rayher whine for nerfs.

anyway, gl on the mesmering, nice that you filmed some thiefs battles flips, I regulary try do same, its tricky thu ad if they do a misstake they die so fast its kinda non interesting film and if they are good its become like in the last videoguide I posted a loooong fight.

Can reccomend anyone who struggle thiefes to see that part again, latest video guide last fight.

/ osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

What Ppl in this thread need to deccide is what rhis thread purpose is. Atm its 50% ppl who just whine and basicly call for a nerf to this and that. This post is irrelevant and dont bring anything to the community in form of help etc. Then there is a group of players who say they can and foubd ways to deal with thiefs, but the first group is not interested in this as they rather see nerfs than learn ways to handle named situation. And ofc there in this kind of threads is a fuhre pure trolls ofc but as long they subtile and good at trolling I dont mind.

What I would like to see is for those who .accualy after learn ways to handle thiefs get som solid questions and take advice of the ppl who post films, tricks and guides etc how to handle them thiefes. Also practice is NEVER wrong, Nero told he practice often vs a high ranked tournie thief, not 1 single player who then in the comming 20 posts accualy wanted to hear this, they rayher whine for nerfs.

anyway, gl on the mesmering, nice that you filmed some thiefs battles flips, I regulary try do same, its tricky thu ad if they do a misstake they die so fast its kinda non interesting film and if they are good its become like in the last videoguide I posted a loooong fight.

Can reccomend anyone who struggle thiefes to see that part again, latest video guide last fight.

/ osicat

Learning to handle thieves or bursts in general doesn’t mean that they are balanced. Whining (as you call it) and calling nerfs is justified IF you have good arguments to support them.

In my opinion burst damage in GW2 is too high, especially when not all classes are equipped to handle it unless going into insane turtle builds, and that limits the amount of viable builds and makes the game less diverse.

I agree with you that it is also smart to learn to play against bursts or thieves, or actually against every kind of build and class. People might notice, like many have, that 100b, for example, is not so OP as they thought, perhaps not OP at all (in my opinion it’s still stupid as kitten though).

edit: I also want to post this episode of Extra Credits here (taken from,100b thread) because I find it relevant for this PvP discussion:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/counter-play

(edited by Sonnet.9840)

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Idd agree on that call for nerfs is justified if you have good argument, what I am comming at is the fact that alot of ppl hide behind a feeling of inbalance. Instead of try to fight and learn, or even take advice from ppl trying to help they give up, shut down and call for nerfs. Some times its accualy possible to find ways to fight back and in the thiefs part I am of the oppinion that with enought practice and some skill its possible for mesmers to in many cases beat even a skilled thief.

Now I do think the messmer community is fantastic in the way we accualy help eachother out and ppl dare to ask questions in threads or guides without some eletistic prick call them noob etc. I would love to keep thif forum like that and encourage al new mesmers to if you have problems with x class, build etc, ask the community for help.

If the burst aspect of pvp is fun or not is a whole other situation and as a shatter mesmer with 20k+ burst I cant say im totaly innocent eather. I totaly prefere find a solo fight in some abandoned forest in wvwvw vs a equaly skilled player of x class, but I wont say I dont enjoy find 2-3 less skilled players and burst 2 down and chase down the last with a big grin on my face .)

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hastur.6231

Hastur.6231

The thing with this thread:

Come to mesmer forums to complain that thieves kill you
People tell you how not to get killed by thieves
Other people whine that it is impossible and thieves should be nerfed

By that logic, you have posted the message in the wrong forum, you come to the mesmer forum for mesmer advice, if you want to complain about thieves go to the thief forum and/or pvp/wvw depending on where you got owned.

On a side note I talked about my thief friend a few posts earlier, he got bored of playing the impossible class that is a thief and speced for full tough and vit build so basically you cannot kill him, but he cannot kill you and he cannot cap points since he has to be invisible to heal… I was watching him getting spammed with whispers of people yelling OP OP OP… It happened 10 times in 3 matches, so I’m pretty much convinced what ever arena net will ever do there will always be stero-types that will hate on the thief. I’ve only posted here since it was already bumped as the first post, but unless people are coming back to be constructive and listen to mesmer advice as I said you have the wrong forum stop bumping this thread.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

Idd agree on that call for nerfs is justified if you have good argument, what I am comming at is the fact that alot of ppl hide behind a feeling of inbalance. Instead of try to fight and learn, or even take advice from ppl trying to help they give up, shut down and call for nerfs. Some times its accualy possible to find ways to fight back and in the thiefs part I am of the oppinion that with enought practice and some skill its possible for mesmers to in many cases beat even a skilled thief.

Now I do think the messmer community is fantastic in the way we accualy help eachother out and ppl dare to ask questions in threads or guides without some eletistic prick call them noob etc. I would love to keep thif forum like that and encourage al new mesmers to if you have problems with x class, build etc, ask the community for help.

I usually take month or two with a new game to even start posting about balance. During that time I try to learn the class I’ve selected, read forums for tips and tricks and builds, and play a lot of PvP. I agree that many people are, as you said, hiding behind a feeling of imbalance, instead of try to fight and learn. And I do think that thieves don’t pose any special threat to a skilled mesmer.

If the burst aspect of pvp is fun or not is a whole other situation and as a shatter mesmer with 20k+ burst I cant say im totaly innocent eather. I totaly prefere find a solo fight in some abandoned forest in wvwvw vs a equaly skilled player of x class, but I wont say I dont enjoy find 2-3 less skilled players and burst 2 down and chase down the last with a big grin on my face .)

If you beat them with skill, it’s worth a grin

The thing with this thread:

Come to mesmer forums to complain that thieves kill you
People tell you how not to get killed by thieves
Other people whine that it is impossible and thieves should be nerfed

By that logic, you have posted the message in the wrong forum, you come to the mesmer forum for mesmer advice, if you want to complain about thieves go to the thief forum and/or pvp/wvw depending on where you got owned.

Well, if you complain about thives as a mesmer (from mesmers point of view), this is the right forum too

in Mesmer

Snoxx.7943

On a side note I talked about my thief friend a few posts earlier, he got bored of playing the impossible class that is a thief …

Oh well, if he has so much trouble to be successful with his thief, maybe HE is the one who should l2p.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Funny thing is. If you goto the thief forum. They’re there complaining about mesmers and how they are impossible to kill.

in Mesmer

Mjk.7562

I am primary thiefe and thief forum is NOT full how mesmer is hard to kill:D Opposite, lately i have seen 2 threads how mesmers are piece of cake now after illusions can be avoided/blocked by dodge/skills/blind. But truth is lot of thieves are crying because of cnd dmg nerf and flying dagger nerf (btw Pvp only which is Spvp not wvw).

As mesmer you can kill BAD thief, if you meet decent one + it is always same – steal/preloaded cnd hit/backstab – and after 100ms you reac with pressing decoy, while already dead:D

in Mesmer

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Pay attention, you should be able to see the vast majority of thieves coming and be ready. If you did… then your reaction time was also slow… you should have blinked away or distorted before he got all of that in. When I’m in any PvP my finger is always on one of those two buttons.

That might work well for PvP but in WvW you quite often run long distances through countryside to get to a keep or to a team. It’s usually there that thieves like to hide and then approach you stealthed from behind.

Add the usual lag and culling issues if you’re near a bigger fight and … one moment you are running, the next you are downed – you do not even see the individual attacks coming in – it really is instantly down.

Well … one day I might be able to afford exotic armor and in WvW we’re more support than damage anyway and hopefully with tough + vit on armor and jewels it won’t be instant any more.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in Mesmer

Snoxx.7943

Funny thing is. If you goto the thief forum. They’re there complaining about mesmers and how they are impossible to kill.

Nope. They are happy we are easy cake now.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Mesmers-easy-cake-now-D/first#post812080

in Mesmer

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

/ osicat

Oh Osi, I thought you were smarter than this. I’ll be sure to tell you on Teamspeak tonight.

Learning to deal with huge, often unseen burst doesn’t mean it’s balanced. It means you have learnt to deal with it. Every single poster in this thread will have screenshots of their combat log showing Full HP to dead in less than a second. The best part is that it doesn’t require effort or skill on the part of the thief. You could be the best Mesmer in the world, but if you don’t get that one ability off in that tiny amount of time, you’re done for. Reverse that and bad Mesmers are bad, and have no chance of beating a good thief. That is unbalanced.

And secondly every person here saying “I have no problem with thieves! l2p!” is missing the point. 1v1 everyone has a chance. Mess up and you’re dead. OK, fine, it’s a kittene combat system if that’s valid, but fine. But how many fights are toe to toe, 1v1 and fair? Very few.

Yes Mesmers can burst a player down in a couple of seconds, but in order to do so i’ll be running at you, clear as day, and there’s 4 of me. It’s visible, counterable, and trackable.

Being nuked by a enemy you can’t see, where the only advice is “press this button that may be on cooldown within .3 of a second or you’re dead and it’s your fault” is a poor community message for new Mesmers.

Pro-tip; we’re not the only class complaining about this. Unbalanced is unbalanced, whether you’ve personally got the reactions to deal with it or not.

And before the pro-mesmer-elistest crowd roll in; I also have videos shredding thieves. Here’s the deal; no one posting videos wants to show you 10 minutes of all the 1v1 thief fights they lost.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

(edited by Parthis.2091)

in Mesmer

Mjk.7562

in Mesmer

Snoxx.7943

just noticed some hilarious statement:

… and he cannot cap points since he has to be invisible to heal…

Oh noes, there is finally a disadvantage when being invisible?

What did you expect? Going there and cap/hold that point while being invisible, immune to nearly anything the other players can do?

You Sir, need a reality check.

If it bothers your friend that he is invisible while healing, tell him there are two other heals with no invisibility included. Also, if we are talking about Shadow Refuge here, this is not the regular heal, it’s a bonus healing ability on top of the regular heal. In other words: Having double healing abilites is another thief luxury which most other classes don’t have.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Well, on the one hand I generally don’t care much about balance, I just make due with what is there right now. If Mesmer is underpowered due to broken traits and buggy mechanics, and Thieves are doing way too much damage, well, fair enough, underdog uphill battle it is.

Has it’s upsides:

• If you lose, you can blame the devs instead of yourself.
  • If you win, your l33t skills won a battle tilted in the opponent’s favour.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hastur.6231

Hastur.6231

Snoxx…seriously… you have 2 posts in a 5 hour time window both quoting my same post ?
I have to assume your trolling , cause referring to the same post 2 times in 5 hours and taking random bits out of context really doesn’t lead me to any other conclusion than that.

If your not torlling please read the entire thread instead of just taking bits out of random posts and taking everything out of context just to lay a random argument about how thieves are OP.

And to reply to both of your posts that are out of context:

1st post: No he does not need to l2p thief, I already stated he is one of the 3 thieves I ever meet that have a positive ratio against my mesmer after 300+ games as a mesmer. Yet he has a hard time surviving cause rogues have the defense capability of a pile of leaves inside of a raging fire.
2nd post: Again with the trolling on stealth… I said he had a vit/though build, that stacks regen on stealth. So he was basically running a spec that cannot kill anyone and can’t cap points cause he has to be stealthed, and people still called him OP even if he did not kill anyone or cap any points but because they couldn’t kill him. So people will always have a problem with thieves even if they are worthless to the team.

P.S: stop taking stuff out of context and basically encouraging arguments over thieves as I already said this is a mesmer thread, and if this thread is to exist here it is to give arguments of how to counter this “5,754steal 2,826cloak-dagger 11,267backstab”…whats that you ask ? its the thread title…so stick with it and stop trolling on thieves.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Oh Osi, I thought you were smarter than this. I’ll be sure to tell you on Teamspeak tonight.

Learning to deal with huge, often unseen burst doesn’t mean it’s balanced. It means you have learnt to deal with it. Every single poster in this thread will have screenshots of their combat log showing Full HP to dead in less than a second. The best part is that it doesn’t require effort or skill on the part of the thief. You could be the best Mesmer in the world, but if you don’t get that one ability off in that tiny amount of time, you’re done for. Reverse that and bad Mesmers are bad, and have no chance of beating a good thief. That is unbalanced.

And secondly every person here saying “I have no problem with thieves! l2p!” is missing the point. 1v1 everyone has a chance. Mess up and you’re dead. OK, fine, it’s a kittene combat system if that’s valid, but fine. But how many fights are toe to toe, 1v1 and fair? Very few.

Yes Mesmers can burst a player down in a couple of seconds, but in order to do so i’ll be running at you, clear as day, and there’s 4 of me. It’s visible, counterable, and trackable.

Being nuked by a enemy you can’t see, where the only advice is “press this button that may be on cooldown within .3 of a second or you’re dead and it’s your fault” is a poor community message for new Mesmers.

Pro-tip; we’re not the only class complaining about this. Unbalanced is unbalanced, whether you’ve personally got the reactions to deal with it or not.

And before the pro-mesmer-elistest crowd roll in; I also have videos shredding thieves. Here’s the deal; no one posting videos wants to show you 10 minutes of all the 1v1 thief fights they lost.

L2 not work al time and come and discuss tis aspect of op, lets take up paladins unability to block sheer and how My bh owned your assasin 24/11 <3

tis moutch fun

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

anyway, gl on the mesmering, nice that you filmed some thiefs battles flips, I regulary try do same, its tricky thu ad if the misstake they die so fast its kinda non interesting film and if they are good its become like in the last videoguide I posted a loooong fight.

/ osicat

But couldnt that be said for any glass canon build though? The only difference is instead of hiding around a rock and ganking an unexpected by passer, thieves have the ability do it in stealth.

100b warrior, mesmers, thieves, rangers are able to burst you down in a few seconds if you dont react quickly enough. Though I dont recall having been bursted by any other class so if they do not have the ability to also do the same, then i guess that would be unbalanced.

@Osi – Stop calling me flips! My name is Flimp haha and keep it up with the guides!

in Mesmer

Posted by: unknow.5418

unknow.5418

Devs need able workers for balance issues.

3 attacks from Thief (Steal + Cloak and Dagger + Backstab) do -20k HP damage! If Haste on, you are dead faster than 0.5 second. With venoms, you can not react. Steal is insta, and can be landed with range 900 or 1500.

If you have tanky class (+tougness), Thief need to do just 4th attack = Hearthseek. No matter if you are Mesmer, Warrior or anything else. Skilled Thief took you down in less than 1 second! And it is almost unblockable! …

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This has got to be the gnarliest necro I’ve ever seen. GG.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Watch out, zombie sighting. Looks like this one has been running around for awhile. I believe that’s November of last year.

EDIT: Dang! Was trying to get inb4 Pyro. -_-

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

ITS ALIVE!!!! ITS ALIVEEEEEE!!!!!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Watch out, zombie sighting. Looks like this one has been running around for awhile. I believe that’s November of last year.

EDIT: Dang! Was trying to get inb4 Pyro. -_-

Nobody gets inb4 me. I’ve got a red phone by my desk that rings when someone necros a thread.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Holy necro, Batman!

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Omg, dat necro xD.

I read the (very) 1. post and was thinking about “wtf, nobody is playing c&d backstab thief anymore”.

Then I saw the date xD.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Thief = Mesmer plaything. This is a huge L2P issue. Nero had it on the dot. Learn to use your skills, and if you can’t manage to do that, don’t run a glass build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I lawl thieves and wars on my mesmer maybe no offense and i mean this in the nicest way but you should l2p mesmer better op. I run a full carrion set staff build and make most folks run away. 1v1 is laughable most fights. Hell 1v3 is pretty doable long as your not complete trash at mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Run PU mesmer, laugh at thieves and anything that isn’t a necro or engineer.

Thieves hardcounter all glass builds for obvious reasons. The reason is they can reset fights at will and burst for well over 70-80% of most glass cannons’ health pool, and since they run on initiative their offensive momentum refreshes faster than defensive cooldowns of their opponents do.

This effect is only amplified in WvW where you can have 25 stacks of bloodlust and well over 70%+ crit damage.

In fact, OP got lucky the thief that killed him was D/D, which is a much weaker variant compared to D/P.

Against a D/D thief you can run him out of initiative trying to stealth, and if you distortion a backstab signet spike you can handle them well.

A D/P thief on the other hand can proceed to stealth every 4-5 seconds for a new backstab attempt and there’s nothing you can do about it if they know how to pull off BP>heartseeker combos.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I love how people are responding to this thread as if a whine thread that’s over a year old holds any value whatsoever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Holy Ogre.6409

Holy Ogre.6409

hahaha it is a whine thread.

If you played thief you will realize there is no need of anythign else than group of thieves.
Team with good team play and thieves only will just slaughter anything:/ so be prepared to see more thief only sPvps :<

Anet just make a new program or something where whiners can always win, then you can have your balance.. The class that shouldnt cry about thieves, >mesmers are stil crying, u already have so much stealth even equal to us now if u play with some specific builds. U have invulnerabilities ranged weapons and clones to do dmg for u and u stil cry?just die pls. Time your skills against a thief and u can win. And seriously dont lie about the perfect team being 4 thieves only because u suck kitten and u cant win them and u want anet to nerf them for the fourth time. Only thing that could help this game atm would be if a net could come up with some restrictions whether 2 or more of one class can be in the same team. Have u guys ever played a d/p thief? not that easy, especially in pet-ranged-condi wars 2

(edited by Holy Ogre.6409)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

Oh no, a thread were thieves will say how underpowered they really are, and where hero mesmers will say they never got backstabbed on their near glass build.
Reality however is somewhat different unless you roam in fluffy unicorn land or are just a resident forumwarrior.

Anyone saying L2P actually means, L2search google for the best meta build and copy paste it.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

haha just noticed. good one necro. yeah moving on

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Edit:

I see this has been necro’ed, nevermind really.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

OMG I JUST GOT NECROED. =(

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in Mesmer

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Omg, dat necro xD.

I read the (very) 1. post and was thinking about “wtf, nobody is playing c&d backstab thief anymore”.

Then I saw the date xD.

I do
A pure do or die backstab build. none of that rejuvenation sissy crap. I don’t need the ability to restart the fight 30 times over, as the strategy is so one-dimensional, if it doesn’t work the first time and not on the next 2 attempts either, I got no more reason to stick around. I prefer some extra initiation range over the ability to stick around forever as an annoying bug, as just sitting there, doing nothing is bad gameplay.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brett.4305

Brett.4305

Devs need able workers for balance issues.

3 attacks from Thief (Steal + Cloak and Dagger + Backstab) do -20k HP damage! If Haste on, you are dead faster than 0.5 second. With venoms, you can not react. Steal is insta, and can be landed with range 900 or 1500.

If you have tanky class (+tougness), Thief need to do just 4th attack = Hearthseek. No matter if you are Mesmer, Warrior or anything else. Skilled Thief took you down in less than 1 second! And it is almost unblockable! …

Wow ! OP’s QQ still relevant?

Attachments:

Oh, the red button there kid, don’t ever, ever touch the red button.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

ohhh… i hit 1.5m to rabbit..

i havent read any replies.. But instead being SUBJECTIVE if i wanna be OBJECTIVE,

From this link: (cuz i dont trust anet as tool tips and lazy to test) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Freshberrysmoothie/sandbox/skill_times
Clock and dagger = Skill co-efficient = 1.026
Back Stab (if from back) = Skill co-efficient =2.385
Steal (Mug) = for wiki it is = 1.09 (cant crit) 366 damage if with dagger main

so total = 4.50 skill co-efficient

example shatter =
3x clone + i persona 3.21 skill co-efficient
sword blurred frenzy 2.376 skill co-efficient

total 5.586 Mesmer shatter clone + Blurr Frenzy
total 4.50 Thief Steal CnD b-stab (Back)
—-——-
Mesmer 1.086 more

all calculations without damage multiplier, traits(except i persona and Mug)

it can be more wide calculation via risk reward factor or via how many times it can be used… etc… efficient/effectiveness factors calculation… bla bla..

Skill co efficient or damage mean: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage
Thief`s coefficient: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Freshberrysmoothie/sandbox/skill_times
Mesmer`s coefficient my tests
————————————————————————-

@OP, u re Berserk itemed(no armor), so what u complain?

i hit 1.5m to rabbit..

/gw2 player

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Can we get a close on this thread. It’s over a year old, adds nothing to the discussion and certainly has nothing to do with recent balance changes.

Note to everyone, THREAD WAS MADE OVER 1 YEAR AGO.

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Thieves are OP please nerf anet. This thred iz rite. mesmar so squish. much vulnerability. much low hp. needs more survivabilimaty plz. Buff UP Mes, nerf OP BS Thieves.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

lol wait, nov a year ago? not nov a month ago? XD wow

(i never had issues with thieves at all really… as soon as i see a thief pop out on top of me, u immediately react… we have so much active defense.. even just a blink or phase retreat will get you out of immediate harms way, distortion, blurred frenzy, decoy, theres a million things you could do to a thief xD)