6/23/15 Mesmer Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

SCROLL DOWN OR CLICK HERE TO VIEW MESMER BALANCE CHANGES

GENERAL CHANGES

• CONDITIONS

•Base condition damage reduced but you will see more damage if you have over 700 condition damage.

•New stack limit for conditions is 1500. This cap is only for damaging conditions that stack in intensity

- Vulnerability now increase condition damage as well by 1% per stack up to 25 stacks.

- Bleeding: 2 + (0.3*Level) + (0.075*Condition Damage)

- Burning: 7.5 + (1.55*Level) + (0.155*Condition Damage)

- Confusion:
New damage over time effect: 2 + (0.3*Level) + (0.04*Condition Damage)
New trigger damage: 3.5+(0.575*Level) + (0.0625*Condition Damage)

- Poison: 3.5 + (0.375*level) + (0.06*Condition Damage)

- Torment:
New damage over time: 1.5 + (0.225*Level) + (0.055*Condition Damage)
New damage while moving: 3+ (0.45*Level) + (0.11*Condition Damage)

• BOON-TO-CONDITION CONVERSION STANDARDIZED

Bleed -> Vigor
Blind -> Fury
Burning -> Aegis
Chill -> Resistance
Confusion -> Retaliation
Cripple -> Swiftness
Fear -> Stability
Immobilize -> Swiftness
Poison -> Regen
Slow -> Quickness
Torment -> Might 10s
Vuln -> Protection 3s
Weakness -> Might 3x 10s

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Torment damage while moving… :o

So say if condition damage = 1800, => One stack would do around 237 damage per tick? (They had 3 + (0.45 x level) + (0.11 x condition damage))

And then add Malicious Sorcery… :o :o

Wow, that’s going to be good.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

^ The new and improved MtD shatter build is going to be devastating (my mouth is watering). Other classes might have a lot more access to condition clears, but them choosing to take them will be the important part.

So annoying that they have so much stuff to cover. lol I just want them to get to the Mesmer stuff!!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

(edited by MailMail.6534)

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Edited above – sorry I messed up the numbers.

Yeah… my mouth is watering too for the sheer quantity and versatility of condition shatter builds.

Now to find out what Ether Feast will become – hoping for Illusion skill that might have 20% cooldown reduction if traited with IC.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Chaos, make sure you put spaces between all the operators in your condition damage equations. The forum is interpreting your ‘+’ symbols as a command to underline.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Gotcha. Fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

If engineers get AoE Moa, then we should too. Just saying.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

The implementation of that skill baffles me. If they introduce an AoE Polymorph, then I expect the balance to be a way that breaks you out of it. That will certainly screw with our own elite.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

I wonder what the duration on AOE Moa is… I would be even more horrified if it’s actually 10s.

Also, why couldn’t they have simply chosen another creature. AOE quaggans would be nice. It just makes our elite seem totally flavor-less.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Oh God the power creep so far.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Because engineers totally needed to get stronger. -_-

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

All classes have evolved to super saiyans.

Goodness knows what the interplay will be, but it’s nice to have everything properly shaken up.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I wonder what the duration on AOE Moa is… I would be even more horrified if it’s actually 10s.

Also, why couldn’t they have simply chosen another creature. AOE quaggans would be nice. It just makes our elite seem totally flavor-less.

Lol, if it is 10 second MOA, then the cooldown should probably be like 10minutes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

All classes have evolved to super saiyans.

Goodness knows what the interplay will be, but it’s nice to have everything properly shaken up.

yes, having just came back after a hefty break and enjoying things, its still very stagnant they need to shake things up a alot more frequently though but we will see, right now the engingeers sound….crazy powerful juggernaut especially however thats only with flame thrower so patoto, potato and we need to see the other classes yet!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

as for the MOA our MOA should be changed to a butterfly, just sayin’

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

as for the MOA our MOA should be changed to a butterfly, just sayin’

awww I would love this!! <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Engineers, already the class that counters thieves pretty handily, gets a trait to counter them even more lol.

Who wants to bet mesmers and necromancers get gimmicks.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I’m crossing my fingers hoping they don’t slap a horrible ICD on Evasive Mirror…

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I’m crossing my fingers hoping they don’t slap a horrible ICD on Evasive Mirror…

RIGHT! it is just sooo good lol. +

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Well let’s not forget that revealed skills also affect Mesmers! :O I’d not want to be on the receiving end of a Lock On!

edit:

Currently trying to prepare my body for the Inspiration changes.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Thank you – another reason for zero ICD.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I don’t think it will because like anything else that is on dodge for mesmer it is totally dependent on endurance.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

I don’t think it will because like anything else that is on dodge for mesmer it is totally dependent on endurance.

On evade => should be on blurred frenzy as well (and underwater weapon skills, but who cares about those anymore…).

Edit: I just drool at the thought of blurred frenzying against rapid fire and reflecting everything after evading the first shot.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

On evade => should be on blurred frenzy as well (and underwater weapon skills, but who cares about those anymore…).

There’s underwater combat in gw2?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Gotta head home from work, will update when I get there.

Dat lock-on tho!

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Gotta head home from work, will update when I get there.

Dat lock-on tho!

RIGHT!? Ugh Engis are why we can’t have nice things lol jk.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Please low cooldown on boon sharing with the inspiration grandmaster. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase Anet, let boon sharing be a thing. We promise we won’t try to break it.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Can someone math up the numbers for me? How much would each condition do of you have 700 condition damage at level 80?

@Kentigen: Speak for yourself! I’m going ham on that trait, Ele and Engi got such great support options!

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Please low cooldown on boon sharing with the inspiration grandmaster. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase Anet, let boon sharing be a thing. We promise we won’t try to break it.

I’m thinking we’ll get some more information on how it works along with changes to Temporal Enchantment, Compounding Celerity and maybe a few other things. I’m hoping they combined Restorative Illusions and Shattered Conditions to make room for a new trait. I’m SO excited!!!

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

kitten stream broken… I hope mesmer is soon – got to sleep. :/

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

What a mess this is. haha I hope they come back soon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

What a mess this is. haha I hope they come back soon.

They called it due to Twitch issues but announced content would be posted ASAP and that it’s all coming 6/23.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

For a lvl 80, with 700 condi dmg:
Per stack/s
Bleeding: 78.5
Burning: 240
Confusion normal: 54 on trigger: 93.25
Torment normal: 58 on move: 116

Per sec:
Poison: 75.5

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Made a quick spreadsheet with lv 80 condi damage values and scaling.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Burning per stack is going to be really massive… AA staff…, 3 clones, just watch…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Are they going to post the rest of the profession stuff somewhere?

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Are they going to post the rest of the profession stuff somewhere?

Judging from what we have seen so far I am hoping they have scrapped the whole thing and are starting from scratch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

Assuming the achievable stats will stay the same, the pve staff build will get a 47.1% dps boost.

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

(edited by frifoxy.6014)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Well let’s not forget that revealed skills also affect Mesmers! :O I’d not want to be on the receiving end of a Lock On!

edit:

Currently trying to prepare my body for the Inspiration changes.

^This..

Those stealth buffs we were getting…
Yea they wont matter vs an engie

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’ll be honest, I find the introduction of an aoe moa skill for engineer to be both lazy and insulting. There are tons of interesting possibilities that they could have implemented there, but they instead chose to steal one of the most unique and interesting mechanics that mesmers have, and give it to engineer in an arguably significantly stronger form.

It’s really an insulting change, and speaks volumes about the quality of balancing and implementation in this game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s of no surprise that they balance the game in a capricious fashion.

Engineer was one of the most functional and well balanced classes across all game formats and it was the class they chose to revamp instead of ranger/mesmer/necromancer, the classes with the largest mechanical issues.

Look at the ranger ready up stuff. They got screwed. Lost damage modifiers, mediocre GM traits, most of them pvp centric.

It seems that the classes they keep giving more damage and potent utility to is the classes that already have the most of it, such as warrior/ele/thief.

By now I’m pretty sure their balance team is small to the point where they will never truly go into the entrails of the problem classes (mesmer, ranger, necro) and fix the core issues with those classes because it takes more work than their team can handle in a timely fashion.

Really, they did nothing about minions/pets and aoe, no changes to sigil/rune interactions for AI centric classes.

With the change to baseline condition damage they also indirectly screwed hybrid weapons like mesmer scepter and ranger shortbow and mainhand axe, because those weapons didn’t have sufficient conditions or base power numbers and coefficients but rather an unhappy mix of both and they come out weaker for it.

And they keep ignoring the elephant in the room, which is autoattack damage differences varying so wildly across classes and weapons, making so many of them trash.

I just don’t understand, for example in PvE, how a thief gets a CnD>backstab>autoattack chain>repeat cnd backstab on effectively a 4 sec cd. An ability that does so much more damage and scales with power far better than something like Ranger Maul (and the terribly scaling pet damage) or mesmer phantasms which have a 1 sec cast time, can be killed, and suffer cooldowns of 15+ seconds.

They really don’t want to address the issue of damage difference around classes being so wide, and it suits them because there will never be DPS parsers ingame for people to come back to them to show them just how terrible balance is.

Ranger’s strider defense encapsulates their fondness for gimmick design quite neatly. A trait for 25% CHANCE to destroy a projectile while using melee attacks and a 20% cd reduction on mainhand sword, which means a 20% reduction only 2 skills that aren’t even used exactly on cooldown but rather used tactically). And this awful trait competes with something like spotter.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

((WARNING: READING FURTHER MAY CAUSE VETERAN MESMER TO WET THEMSELVES))

MESMER
General

• Phantasms damage increased by 15%.
  • Summoned clones will now show your equipped offhand.
  • Fixed a bug which caused underwater clones to not show tridents.
  • Fixed an issue where the Illusionary Rogue’s attack was being listed as “Smoke Bomb” in the combat log. It is now referred to as “Shadow Assault”.
    Skills
  • Mesmer skills which create bouncing projectiles now bounce 1 additional time.
  • Reduced recharge on Glamour skills by 20%.
  • Using any shatter skill now creates the shatter effect on you as well by default.
  • Mantras now give 600 toughness while channeling them.
  • Manipulation skill range increased to 1200
  • Pistol skills used by you and your illusions have had their range increased to 1200
  • Mind Wrack: Reduced recharge to 12 seconds.
  • Cry of Frustration: Reduced recharge to 25 seconds.
  • Diversion: Reduced recharge to 38 seconds. Now shows number of targets dazed (1) when untraited.
  • Distortion: Reduced recharge to 50 seconds. When affected by traits such as Maim the Disillusioned and Illusionary Retribution this skill now strikes 1 target.
  • Chaos Storm – Increased poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Confusing Images: Added one additional strike to this skill. Strikes from this skill now display an additive total rather than individual hits. This skill now activates 50% faster.
  • Ether Clone (Scepter skill 1 chain 3): Adjusted the timing of this attack to flow better with the other attacks in the chain. The projectile is now launched sooner, but he attack has slightly longer aftercast. The number of clones generated per second by this chain is unchanged.
  • Feedback: This skill now requires a target. This change address an issue which allowed this skill to be cast at an unspecified location if the player did not have a target.
  • Ineptitude (Trident skill 2): This skill has been renamed to “Blinding Tide”
  • Illusionary Defender: Updated description of this skill to more accurately describe that it also absorbs damage directed at allies. Functionality has not been changed.
  • Illusionary Leap: Increased the delay before the clone is summoned by about 0.25 seconds to allow players to start casting this skill while moving within range and not have it fail. Speed up attack of illusion by about 0.35 seconds to allow better tracking against moving targets.
  • Mass Invisibility: This skill is now classified as a Manipulation.
  • Mimic: Updated functionality of this skill. This skill now causes the next utility slot skill you use within 10 seconds to recharge in 1 second. Increased recharge to 90 seconds.
  • Mirror: This skill is now classified as a manipulation. Additionally it now has a unique “Mirror” buff that can be applied by traits.
  • Polymorph Moa: This skill has been renamed to “Signet of Humility” and is now classified as a signet skill. Its passive effect reduces the duration of stun, daze, fear and taunt by 20%. Its active effect remains unchanged.
    • Polymorph Moa – Kick: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.
    • Polymorph Moa – Flee: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.
  • Phantasmal Mage: Instead of inflicting confusion on foes an granting retaliation on allies, this phantasm now inflicts 1 stack of burning for 6 seconds on foes an grants 3 seconds of fury to allies. Removed undocumented condition removal from this phantasm
  • Portal: Attempting to create a second portal entrance while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.
  • Signet of Illusions: Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges.
  • Signet of Inspiration: Reduced recharge of this skill to 30 seconds. The passive for this signet now gives 5 seconds of swiftness plus one other random boon every 10 seconds. It no longer gives swiftness as one of it’s random boons.
  • Signet of Midnight: The passive for this signet now gives 20% condition duration instead of 10% boon duration.
  • Spinning Revenge (Trident 3): This still now applies chaos armor to you when cast.
  • Time Warp: This skill is now classified as a Glamour. It now pulses 1 second of slow every second on foes in the affected area in addition to it’s previous effect of quickness on allies.
  • Mind Wrack recharge reduced from 15s to 12s.
  • Cry of Frustration recharge reduced from 30s to 15s
  • Diversion recharge reduced from kitten to 38s
  • Distortion recharge reduced from 60s to 50s

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Traits (This system has undergone significant changes. The following traits are a full representation of the new core specialization lines.)

Domination:
Minor

• Illusion of Vulnerability: Interrupting a foe inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.
  • Dazzling: Dazing a foe inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds.
  • Fragility: Deal 0.5% more damage to foes for each stack of vulnerability on them.

Adept:

• Confounding Suggestions: Increases daze and stun duration on foes by 25%. When you would daze a foe, you stun them instead (5s ICD). Fixed a bug which caused this trait to not update the skill facts for the racial skills Technobabble and Raven Shriek.
  • Empowered Illusions: Your illusions deal 15% more damage.
  • Rending Shatter: Shatter skills inflict 1 stack of vulnerability for 8 seconds on foes they hit.

Master:

• Shattered Concentration: Shatter skills remove 1 boon from foes they hit.
  • Blurred Inscriptions: Reduces recharge of signet skill by 20%. Gain distortion and remove 1 condition when you use a signet.
  • Furious Interruption: Gain quickness for 3 seconds whenever you interrupt a foe (5s ICD).

Grandmaster:

• Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of Greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple for 2s when they hit.
  • Mental Anguish: Shatter skills deal 15% more damage. This bonus damage is doubled on foes that are not activating skills.
  • Power Block: Interrupting a foe inflicts damage and causes weakness for 5s. Additionally if the interrupted skill has a recharge time greater than 0 it is put on a 15 second recharge.

Dueling:
Minor:

• Critical Infusion: Gain vigor for 5s when you critical hit.
  • Sharper Images: Your illusions inflict 1 stack of bleeding for 5s when they critical hit.
  • Confusing Combatants: You and your illusions inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds on critical hit (33% chance).

Adept:

• Phantasmal Fury: Your phantasms gain 10 seconds of fury every 10 seconds.
  • Desperate Decoy: Cast Decoy when you are struck while below 50% health. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Master of Manipulation.
  • Duelist’s Discipline: Pistol skills recharge 25% of their full recharge when you interrupt a foe. Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a 33% chance to inflict 2 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds.

Master:

• Blinding Dissipation: Whenever you use a shatter skill you blind foes around you for 3 seconds.
  • Evasive Mirror: Whenever you successfully evade an attack, gain a projectile reflecting barrier for 1.5 seconds (1.5s ICD).
  • Fencer’s Finesse: Reduces recharge of sword skills by 20%. Whenever you or an illusion hits with a sword attack you gain a stack of Fencer’s Finesse that gives 15 ferocity for 6 seconds (maximum 10 stacks).

Grandmaster:

• Harmonious Mantras: Mantra skills can be activated 3 times before needing to be channeled again. Whenever you use a mantra skill gain a stack of Harmonious Mantras for 8 seconds which increases your damage by 4% per stack (maximum 5 stacks).
  • Mistrust: Whenever you interrupt a foe inflict 2 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds to foes in a radius around your target.
  • Deceptive Evasion: Whenever you use a dodge roll you create a clone.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos:
Minor:

• Metaphysical Rejuvenation: Gain regeneration for 10s when you are struck while below 75% health (15s ICD).
  • Illusionary Membrane: Gain protection for 3 seconds whenever you gain regeneration (15s ICD)
  • Chaotic Persistence: Each unique boon on you increases the duration of your outgoing condition and boon duration by 3%.

Adept:

• Descent into Madness: Take 50% less falling damage. Cast Chaos Storm when you take falling damage. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Chaotic Dampening.
  • Illusionary Defense: Each active illusion you control reduces incoming damage to you by 3%.
  • Master of Manipulation: Reduces recharge of Manipulation skills by 20%. Gain Mirror for 2 seconds whenever you activate a Manipulation skill.

Master:

• Mirror of Anguish: If you are inflicted by a crowd control effect you inflict the same effect on your opponent (60s ICD). Added taunt to the list of crowd control effects that trigger this trait.
  • Chaotic Transference: Gain condition damage equal to 10% of your toughness.
  • Chaotic Dampening: When you gain Chaos Armor you also gain protection for 5 seconds. While you have Chaos Armor your staff and trident skills recharge by 5% of their full recharge every second.

Grandmaster:

• Chaotic Interruption: Whenever you interrupt a foe you inflict immobilize on them for 2 seconds and gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds. Additionally you inflict a second random condition on your foe and apply a second random boon to yourself. Removed might as an option for the second random boon.
  • Prismatic Understanding: Stealth applied by your mesmer skills lasts 100% longer. Additionally every second you are stealthed you randomly gain aegis, might, protection, regeneration or swiftness.
  • Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill you gain 1 stack of stability for 5s. Based on the shatter used allies around you can gain Might, Vigor, Fury or Regeneration.

Inspiration:
Minor:

• Mender’s Purity: Whenever you use a healing skill you cast Power Cleanse. This trait benefits from Harmonious Mantras.
  • Inspiring Distortion: Whenever you grant distortion to yourself, you also grant it to nearby allies for 1 second (5s ICD)
  • Healing Prism: Each illusion you control grants you 100 healing power. Whenever you heal yourself, you heal nearby allies by a small amount.

Adept:

• Medic’s Feedback: Revive allies 10% faster. When you start reviving an ally cast Feedback. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Temporal Enchanter.
  • Restorative Mantras: When you finish preparing a mantra you heal allies around you.
  • Persisting Images: Phantasms you summon spawn with retaliation for 6 seconds and have 20% more health.

Master:

• Warden’s Feedback: Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles and have their recharge reduced by 20%.
  • Restorative Illusions: Using a shatter skill removes 1 condition from you and heals you based on the number of illusions shattered.
  • Protected Phantasms: Newly summoned phantasms gain distortion for 1 second. When you use a shatter skill, all illusions gain protection for 2 seconds.

Grandmaster:

• Mental Defense: Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack cast Phantasmal Defender on your attacker. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Illusionist’s Celerity and Persistence of Memory.
  • llusionary Inspiration: Phantasms grant 3 seconds regeneration to allies near them every 3 seconds. If you have any boons when you summon a phantasm you cast Signet of Inspiration. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Blurred Inscriptions.
  • Temporal Enchanter: Glamour skills last an additional 2 seconds. When you first create any glamour nearby allies within the glamour radius gain 2 seconds of superspeed and 3 seconds of resistance.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Illusions:
Minor:

• Illusionary Retribution: All shatter skills inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds when they hit.
  • Illusionist’s Celerity: Reduces recharge of illusion-summoning skills by 20%.
  • Master of Misdirection: Confusion you inflict lasts 33% longer. Reduces recharge on shatter skills by 15%.

Adept:

• Compounding Power: Deal 3% increased damage and gain 50 condition damage for each illusion you control. Fixed a bug which caused this trait to be non-functional while downed.
  • Persistence of Memory: When a phantasm shatters all phantasm skills have their recharge reduced by 2 seconds.
  • The Pledge: Torch skills remove 1 condition from you when activated. While you are stealthed torch skills recharge 1.5% of their maximum recharge every second.

Master:

• Shattered Strength: Gain 1 stack of might for 10 seconds per illusion when you use a shatter skill.
  • Phantasmal Haste: Phantasms attack skill recharge is reduced by 20%, causing them to attack more often. Fixed a bug which cause this trait to have no effect on some phantasms.
  • Maim the Disillusioned. Shatter skills inflict 2 stacks of torment for 6 seconds on foes they hit.

Grandmaster:

• Ineptitude: Inflict 1 stack of confusion for 4 seconds whenever you blind a foe. Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack your attacker is blinded for 3 seconds (10s ICD per foe).
  • Master of Fragmentation: Enhances the effect of shatter skills. Mind Wrack has a 10% increased critical hit chance. Cry of Frustration inflicts cripple for 3 seconds on struck foes. Diversion hits up to 5 targets. Distortion reflects projectiles.
  • Malicious Sorcery: Reduces recharge of scepter skills by 20%. Increases attack speed by 15% while wielding a scepter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

BB (ineptitude) is whack, competes with Malicious sorcery and incidentally scepter also has the block that will serve nice with BB.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

BB (ineptitude) is whack, competes with Malicious sorcery and incidentally scepter also has the block that will serve nice with BB.

Imagine: Going into the middle of a zerg fight and using Blurred Frenzy + Dodges. Basically 50~100% the zerg gets blinded + confused because the ICD is bound to specific foes, AKA no max target limit. Hells yes~

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Imagine: Going into the middle of a zerg fight and using Blurred Frenzy + Dodges. Basically 50~100% the zerg gets blinded + confused because the ICD is bound to specific foes, AKA no max target limit. Hells yes~

Yeap I agree, but it competes the spot with Malicious Sorcery! 15% attack speed would be nice with sigil of rage!

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Yeap I agree, but it competes the spot with Malicious Sorcery! 15% attack speed would be nice with sigil of rage!

In PvP, I’ll probably be going MS too. But for WvW, we’ll be able to mimic our former glory of Glamour Bombing via Ineptitude is what I’m saying. Lots of tagging, lots of spam punishment. Thus condi mesmers in WvW zergs could be a cool thing along with Chronomancers now~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I look forward to throwing together a barely-functional boon storm build once the patch hits, based on Illusionary Inspiration, Bountiful Disillusionment and the now baseline Illusionary Persona.

I also look forward to the actual boon storm build which will surely arrive (from someone else, not me) by the end of July.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.