6/23/15 Mesmer Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

BB (ineptitude) is whack, competes with Malicious sorcery and incidentally scepter also has the block that will serve nice with BB.

Imagine: Going into the middle of a zerg fight and using Blurred Frenzy + Dodges. Basically 50~100% the zerg gets blinded + confused because the ICD is bound to specific foes, AKA no max target limit. Hells yes~

Yeap I agree, but it competes the spot with Malicious Sorcery! 15% attack speed would be nice with sigil of rage!

True, but you assume every condition build wanting to apply confusion/blind will run scepter. This isn’t the case now and still won’t be the case due to how strong sword is.

BB is great and will most likely see a lot of use in wvw. Maybe in some pve content as well. Some niche pvp uses perhaps.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

BB (ineptitude) is whack, competes with Malicious sorcery and incidentally scepter also has the block that will serve nice with BB.

Imagine: Going into the middle of a zerg fight and using Blurred Frenzy + Dodges. Basically 50~100% the zerg gets blinded + confused because the ICD is bound to specific foes, AKA no max target limit. Hells yes~

Yeap I agree, but it competes the spot with Malicious Sorcery! 15% attack speed would be nice with sigil of rage!

True, but you assume every condition build wanting to apply confusion/blind will run scepter. This isn’t the case now and still won’t be the case due to how strong sword is.

BB is great and will most likely see a lot of use in wvw. Maybe in some pve content as well. Some niche pvp uses perhaps.

Nah, I was just talking about the block aspect of it, you know.. since scepter also has block, they couldve made it fused with scepter skills reduction AND made 15% attack speed baseline for scepter (which is in dire need of an animation speed increase)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

Inspiring Distortion: Whenever you grant distortion to yourself, you also grant it to nearby allies for 1 second (5s ICD)

This along with Blurred Inscriptions would open up a whole another way to protect your party from killing blows in dungeons. Fortunately the other 2 traits in same tier are trash so if you are traiting for reflects, this new trait is a freebie

Phantasmal Haste: Phantasms attack skill recharge is reduced by 20%, causing them to attack more often. Fixed a bug which cause this trait to have no effect on some phantasms.

FINALLY the warden will get some of that PH love, hopefully…

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

(edited by frifoxy.6014)

in Mesmer

Posted by: sevianvanzephon.1578

sevianvanzephon.1578

So the illusions trait line is now about confusion upkeep…where’d all the shatter play move to? Glad there’s another option for Control instead of PU now though. That Ineptitude trait is going to hurt a lot more on dual swords…we might see a lot more swordplay now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

That Greatsword trait… /drool

Also, I like the new Signet of Humility. Hopefully it makes up for Moa not being as unique now, I know that bothered some people.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

So the illusions trait line is now about confusion upkeep…where’d all the shatter play move to? Glad there’s another option for Control instead of PU now though. That Ineptitude trait is going to hurt a lot more on dual swords…we might see a lot more swordplay now.

Shatter play is all over the trees. Though Illusions still has a shatter option in each tier. They literally squished 4 shatter traits into a Grandmaster and made an old Grandmaster base line :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: sevianvanzephon.1578

sevianvanzephon.1578

Shatter play is all over the trees. Though Illusions still has a shatter option in each tier. They literally squished 4 shatter traits into a Grandmaster and made an old Grandmaster base line :P

IMO illusions is currently the go to trait line for shattering…but now that it’s about conditions and control (and IP is baseline) there seems to be less rewards for shattering as opposed to playing an interupt or PU build. Shatter seems less like a playstyle and more like a fanciful mechanic…or maybe this is a hint towards future development of shatter in other forms??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

IMO illusions is currently the go to trait line for shattering…but now that it’s about conditions and control (and IP is baseline) there seems to be less rewards for shattering as opposed to playing an interupt or PU build. Shatter seems less like a playstyle and more like a fanciful mechanic…or maybe this is a hint towards future development of shatter in other forms??

Nah, straight up Power Shatter is definitely still a thing:

Domination: Rending Shatters/???, Shattered Concentration, Mental Anguish
Dueling: Desperate Decoy[?], Blinding Dissipation/Fencer’s Finesse, Deceptive Evasion
Illusion: Compounding Power, Shattered Strength, Master of Fragmentations

Simply made for max damage, you’ve still got clone production for max shatters, 15~30% increase in Whack’s damage, 10% increase in Whack’s Critical chance, some Cripple and Blind for new survivability, Vulnerability becoming 50% more effective for physical damage for us. All in all, strong choices for shatter here, no doubt it’ll stick around.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Well, Shatter is our class mechanic so it should be prevalent in all builds rather than a build in and of its self (or rather THE build as it has been for awhile).

Shatter has long been a defined play style for Mesmers, but think of it in terms of other profession mechanics like Steal, Virtues, or Adrenaline/BurstSkills. Those have long been mechanics that can be buffed via traits significantly (Shatter still can be) but they don’t define the build.

ANet seems to be pushing Shatter towards being worthwhile despite the build. Making IP baseline alone did this. That skill does so much for Shatter. A single illusion Mind Wrack + IP deals nearly the same damage (within a few %) as a 3 illusion shatter does without because of how Mind Wrack scales and how IP works, it created that mind set that Power Shatter was worthless without it. Now Shatter even enhances Phantasm builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

In PvP, I’ll probably be going MS too. But for WvW, we’ll be able to mimic our former glory of Glamour Bombing via Ineptitude is what I’m saying. Lots of tagging, lots of spam punishment. Thus condi mesmers in WvW zergs could be a cool thing along with Chronomancers now~

But… but…. necro spectral wall > than mesmer confusion…. just look at all those tags and bags ( video :P ( this is why I’m lvling my necromancer )

#/watch?v=ABCya_k0zLA

Edit: link to choxie’s video refuses to work

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Dat feeling on Mesmer changes

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Wow, all very good. I have to learn to play the class again it seems from this. But I do have some concern with some of the traits against traits in the same line. Maybe someone can elaborate there use for me and why I should take it over the other.

Domination:
Adept:
Rending Shatter: Shatter skills inflict 1 stack of vulnerability for 8 seconds on foes they hit.

Master:
Shattered Concentration: Shatter skills remove 1 boon from foes they hit.

Illusions:
Minor:
Illusionary Retribution: All shatter skills inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds when they hit. (Is this per clone or just therefore if 3 clones it will be 3 stacks?)

On a different not, this is too good to be true. I can see a nelf coming fast.

Grandmaster:

Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of Greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. (All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple for 2s when they hit.) Am I reading this right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

So did anyone notice DE got nerfed?

Wait I mean vigor.

Indirectly nerfing DE.

Okay, sorry, I like to make trouble sometimes. I actually think it’s a fair change. But it sorta got stealthily dropped into the forum version and no-one seems to have noticed, so here’s the quote:

• Vigor: Decreased the endurance regeneration rate from 100% to 50%.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Must say, I’m impressed, finally mesmers might see more play in dungeons other than portal h4x.

Fencer’s finesse is great, harmonious mantra is…meh but it’s a nice boost and better than the old old empowering mantras as I can keep a 12% damage boost up with a little effort and mantra of pain but go full on 20% for lupi with 2 mantras.

Looking forward to frifox’s analysis, from what I can see even with only 2 phantasms up at all times you’re doing close to guardian dps and can provide similar amounts of utility.

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

With Harmonious Mantras + Mender’s Purity + Mantra of Recovery you could easily stack the harmonious mantras buff. If I’m not mistaken then that’s 2 stacks per heal.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Get ready roamers for the bloody new MtD shatter mesmer.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

does the 50% torment dmg buff triat gone?
instead we got scpeter trait?

i see anet wants more condi shatter mesmer with all the buff for condi and burning with phantasm etc….

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

With Harmonious Mantras + Mender’s Purity + Mantra of Recovery you could easily stack the harmonious mantras buff. If I’m not mistaken then that’s 2 stacks per heal.

Yes but then you have to give up domination (empowered illusions, fragility, blurred inscriptions) or illusions (compounding power, illusionists celerity, phantasmal haste) which arguably isn’t worth that 8% increase over using mantra of pain to keep up a 12% buff.

For PvE ofc, PvP will be very different.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

does the 50% torment dmg buff triat gone?
instead we got scpeter trait?

i see anet wants more condi shatter mesmer with all the buff for condi and burning with phantasm etc….

Heh we never actually had the 50% Torment damage trait, so I’d call it them finding their marbles and keeping things reasonable. ;-) We already gain another 2 stacks of Torment per shatter from IP, and a 5th shatter from Chrono…among many other goodies for Condi builds. Biggest of course being the Vulnerability change, which I guess is what killed that former draft Malicious Sorcery.

We have a lot of means to apply Vulnerability, so that could turn out to be a rather significant boost to Condie damage on top of all the other improvements.

I’m surprised people are dissing the Glamour GM trait still!? Did you notice the 3s of Resistance part? Just think Null Field would make you immune to Condie damage while ripping the Condies off you with each tick, and Mimic will let you do it all over again. That’s a pretty heavy counter to Conditions for your team on point fights. (Not to mention Menders Purity, which you get for free while traiting the Glamour GM.)

I love the Insp. line and especially the new Phantasm aspects of it! Pick up Persisting Images and Metal Defense and you will summon pDefenders on block or evade, which will summon with 20% more health and 6s of Retaliation, both of which play real nicely with the pDefender. Then when he gets low you shatter him and remove a Condition on yourself and get healed from RI. Lovely! Then do it again a few seconds later. Talk about a potentially quite tanky melee build! (Factor in the also beautiful Fencer’s Finesse, and it just sounds like a whole lot of fun…especially in PvE.)

Still absorbing all of this…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Wow, all very good. I have to learn to play the class again it seems from this. But I do have some concern with some of the traits against traits in the same line. Maybe someone can elaborate there use for me and why I should take it over the other.

Domination:

Grandmaster:

Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of Greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. (All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple for 2s when they hit.) Am I reading this right?

In an ideal scenario, after cast your 3 clones plus 5 seconds of each one AA, you will reach 24 stacks of might, but you are attacking only with clones that do poor physical damage. Is a more realistic scenario,the clones die and your phantasm have a low rate of attack so you’ll prefer shatter , etc. Adding casting times, etc.

Of course we have other ways to stack might, like others professions. But in a more realistic scenario probably you could only sustain between 6 -10? from the greatsword in your habitual rotation before changing weapon set and then decrease. Or less? More? I don’t know. We need test it without traits, food, etc.

I imagine that is similar to the AA of the axe from rangers, if you hit 3 enemies, you can sustain 9 stacks of might without increased boon duration and spamming AA. But since the next week we can’t know the numbers. Is this case you don’t need hit 3 target to max your stacks but you need your clones up. And I don’t see people using only the gw and their clones in their rotations… Or maybe you already know that there are people for everyone : )

(edited by Zoser.7245)

in Mesmer

Posted by: rincevent de ankh.6531

rincevent de ankh.6531

One word : Bravo !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I called the Inspiration rewamp (namely merges like Restorative Illusions) and some other stuff from Dueling. Happy to know they listened to our feedback.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

In an ideal scenario, after cast your 3 clones plus 5 seconds of each one AA, you will reach 24 stacks of might, but you are attacking only with clones that do poor physical damage.

And I don’t see people using only the gw and their clones in their rotations… Or maybe you already know that there are people for everyone : )

True you don’t see that now, but even with the “nerf” to the Dueling “Confusion-on-crit” trait the GS could potentially become a condition weapon. ;-) Those Clones could apply Bleeds and a little Confusion while stacking Might. Mirror Blade and other traits in Dom can supply Vulnerability and of course the rest of GS can dole out cripples like candy-canes at X-mas. How awesome is Cripple on iWave!? Or I guess AE Cripple on MS?

Especially for a Hybrid build I could see GS doing nasty things. Depending on what happens to Celestial, this could be our Celestial build?? (Dom/Duel/Chaos)

A Celestial PU hybrid with GS & Staff, Mimic, Decoy, Null Field, and traited Mass Invis with Mirror as the heal? Could be pretty neat. (Yeah not meta changing, but still interesting. )

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

I see it. I use GS and I know what can do a good iWave in the right moment with BI and add MB, etc. I like the idea of being able to do what others already do. Or at least, have the potential to do it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I love the Insp. line and especially the new Phantasm aspects of it! Pick up Persisting Images and Metal Defense and you will summon pDefenders on block or evade, which will summon with 20% more health and 6s of Retaliation, both of which play real nicely with the pDefender. Then when he gets low you shatter him and remove a Condition on yourself and get healed from RI. Lovely! Then do it again a few seconds later. Talk about a potentially quite tanky melee build! (Factor in the also beautiful Fencer’s Finesse, and it just sounds like a whole lot of fun…especially in PvE.)

I like it, just wish they moved phantasms granting regeneration back to a minor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’m so happy with these changes, can’t wait to try out.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Wow. These were pretty jaw-dropping. I love the change to Torch, as we can now “reliably” apply burning without the need for the staff.

And the changes to Inspiration are just great. I can’t decide if I want to continue with a power lockdown build, a condition build, or go full support.

I know that Cele stats are going to get nerfed, but does anyone here think that a Chrono/Inspiration/X build can make an absolutely phenomenal bunker/bruiser?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I know that Cele stats are going to get nerfed, but does anyone here think that a Chrono/Inspiration/X build can make an absolutely phenomenal bunker/bruiser?

Absolutely, and not even requiring chrono. Will have to see how the 10% celestial nerf along with the removal of stats from the trait lines balance out, but the celestial build I run competitively will gain huge improvements from these changes.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Hopefully it will be a PvP amulet nerf only. Celestial is already a poor choice in PvE and not really amazing in WvW either.

From what I can tell the condition change is needing about 700 condition damage to be better than current builds with no condition damage. Full celestial is 524 and would need 6 stacks of might or some kind of condition sigil to start making grounds there.

A 10% shave off celestial will just make it another stat few to anyone runs…you know just like how only 3 classes commonly run it at a high competition level. You know unless I missed the celestial thieves, guards, mesmers, rangers and necros.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Stats from gear will increase about 30%. If cele receives a 10% nerf, it’s like gaining 17% from actual stats.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

you know just like how only 3 classes commonly run it at a high competition level. You know unless I missed the celestial thieves, guards, mesmers, rangers and necros.

How many classes run it is entirely irrelevant. The problem is that the builds those classes are able to run are brutally overpowered in terms of their capability to have strong offense, strong defense, and sustain.

Celestial gear is the cause of that power disparity, and it should be nerfed.

Really, the concept of celestial as a whole is flawed and should be removed from the game. Mechanics that give broad capabilities are generally either underpowered or overpowered, due to the way that spread gets balanced. Achieving a happy medium of ‘able to do a bunch of things, but the sum of those isn’t overpowered’ is nigh impossible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

All looks good on paper.. Let’s hope it works for real this time.

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Stats from gear will increase about 30%. If cele receives a 10% nerf, it’s like gaining 17% from actual stats.

Yeah just saw this on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a0xf6/arenanet_sent_us_the_entire_patch_notes_for_next/

Lots of information here on what’s coming next week, assuming it’s valid.
Taking the 10% nerf, factoring in the stat boost removals from the traits and adding in this 30%, it won’t be quite as bad as I originally thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I posted this in the main thread in General but I think it got buried. If anyone answered it there I missed it in the pages of posts that appeared overnight. Does anyone here have clarity to offer on this for me? Have I completely misunderstood how things work?

Mesmer question: Given that Feedback now requires a target, and that Feedback can be cast when reviving an ally, where will it appear during revival? I may just misunderstand, but I thought it was only useful when placed over a foe firing missiles. If it appears over your ally, is it any use at all if no mobs are standing there firing point blank?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I would assume that the Feedback on reviving trait is unchanged. It will appear around you and your teammate as you revive.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

• Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill you gain 1 stack of stability for 5s. Based on the shatter used allies around you can gain Might, Vigor, Fury or Regeneration.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but bountiful disillusionment got the change it deserved here. I’m interpreting a bit but it seems logical since fury/regeneration are listed 3rd/4th.

Instead of retaliation on MW we get AoE 3 might (assuming of course the number is the same as before). Instead of the might on CoF we get AoE vigor. The remaining two are the same but those two changes are excellent, especially with the base recharge reductions we now have on all shatter skills.

I’m really excited about the additional reliable might generation we’re going to be seeing with various traits now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I posted this in the main thread in General but I think it got buried. If anyone answered it there I missed it in the pages of posts that appeared overnight. Does anyone here have clarity to offer on this for me? Have I completely misunderstood how things work?

Mesmer question: Given that Feedback now requires a target, and that Feedback can be cast when reviving an ally, where will it appear during revival? I may just misunderstand, but I thought it was only useful when placed over a foe firing missiles. If it appears over your ally, is it any use at all if no mobs are standing there firing point blank?

Feedback works on anything in or out of the bubble. Placing it on yourself/ally on rez means that no projectiles can hit you while you’re reviving. Medics feedback has always placed it around the Mesmer, and its great in group fights.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

We got many strong – and long awaited – buffs (IE, IP, phantasm damage, shatter cooldowns, blink range).

The changes to Confusing Images and Scepter AA 3, alongside with the new scepter traits, are the love scepter deserved.

Looking forward to test the changes to Illusionary Leap this. But the problem in big groups remains: the clone will die before we can swap.

Mimic: oh, nice! Another 90s skill for our skillbar, exactly what we needed! </sarcasm>

Mirror: traited it could be quite strong.

Phantasmal Mage: will the condition removal come back when traited? This phantasm needed a buff, if anything… this feels like a nerf

Signet of Inspiration: Mesmers can’t have perma swiftness, can they? :\
I love the cooldown reduction, tho.

Time Warp now pulses 1 second of slow every second on foes in the affected area: WOW!

Domination minor traits: still can’t understand why interrupting an enemy applies less vuln than merely dazing. Fragility will require a little more work for that +12.5% damage, but it should be very good in PVE where vuln is always on the target.

Rending Shatter: feels really weak compared to the alternatives.

Imagined Burden: even if I loved the cooldown mechanic they announced the last time, this trait feels a lot more solid. Tons of might (will work better in roaming and PvP than zergs) and cripple uptime for kiting. Nice!

Mental Anguish: nerf compared to what we currently have as an adept trait, with a slight buff if you manage to land mind wrack on a dazed/stunned/etc foe. Feels weak to me, although 25/50% was probably too strong. From the wording, it applies to Cry of Frustration too (so the overall damage might be buffed actually), but that’s not our primary burst… and without burst we won’t be able to kill anything.

Confusing Combatants: even if only a chance on crit, this will probably grant huge confusion uptime

Duelist’s Discipline: guess the recharge will work even with interrupts NOT made with a pistol? And even when you are on a different weaponset?

Fencer’s Finesse: Soooo they moved the stacking ferocity buff from mantras to sword and somewhat nerfed it (it was a percentage of your ferocity iirc). 6 seconds seems way too short, even considering that BF will give you many stacks. Upkeep won’t probably be a problem when fighting multiple opponents, though.

Harmonious Mantras: it went back to the flat damage buff that won’t apply to our phantasms :\

Illusionary Defense: “We want you to shatter! But we also want you to keep your illusions alive!” — Anet.

Mirror of Anguish: still on a huge cooldown. Not worth it imho.

Prismatic Understanding: I can already hear the crying.

Bountiful Disillusionment: I’ll try it, but I still think it’s horrible.

Mender’s Purity: minor! WOW.

Inspiring Distortion: This is cool! Love it.

Healing Prism: Support mesmer is real!

Restorative Mantras: I like how you split Mender’s purity from this. Good job!

Restorative Illusions: the merge is real! Strong trait!

Protected Phantasms: I guess distortion on the illusions on shatter was too strong. Not sure how useful Protection will be, but I still like the trait since it allows us to use iZerker in zergs

Mental Defense: can’t really think of any scenario where this would be useful. Maybe dueling thieves? But the summon will fail because blind/evade/stealth.

Illusionary Inspiration: with the cooldown lowered to 30s, this trait feels a lot stronger.

Temporal Enchanter: the wording on this is unclear at best. Does this apply to people going through portal? Or veil? Or timewarp? Does this have a max target limit?

Shattered Strength: I don’t know how I feel with this now being a major trait and not being buffed.

Ineptitude: does the ICD apply on the confusion application, on the blind application, or both? If I blind an attacker, I apply confusion on him. If I evade an attack from the same attacker during the next 10s, does he get blind? Does he get confusion too?

Master of Fragmentation: some utility but nothing that really screams “PICK ME PICK ME!”. Weakest choice in this tier…

Malicious Sorcery: considering how awkward scepter has always been, this is the weapon trait it deserved. Looking forward to test it!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I think people are underestimating Master of Frag.

If you look at the Illusions line, we already gain Confusion on shatters. While the change to Mind Wrack is meh.. Master of frag grants

• 10% MindWrack Crit
  • Cripple on Cry of Frustration
  • AoE Diversion
  • Reflective Distortion.

Combined with some other traits you can take (Domination/ Dueling / Illusions for example) on each shatter burst you can easily inflict..

• Boonstrip
  • Cripple
  • Vulnerability
  • Blind
  • Confusion

in an AoE! And thats not even looking at the beauty of Confounding Suggestions + Mental Anguish

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wow. welcome back wvw mesmer and good bye veilbot! :-)
omg cant decide which build yet…i got many ideas and pretty much 5 armor and weaponsets for my mes…..im glad i kepts my condi gear and perplexity runes and torment runes… we shall see.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

^That. Sure, IP being baseline is awesome, but Master of Fragmentation adds some killer utility to our f1-f4. The cripple on Cry of Frustration is a really nice kiting addition to maim/shatter builds. Also, MAIM is a master trait now!? Yes…

My question is is Master of Fragmentation will interact with Continuum Shift/Split in any way.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

omg cant decide which build yet…i got many ideas and pretty much 5 armor and weaponsets for my mes…..im glad i kepts my condi gear and perplexity runes and torment runes… we shall see.

Selan! We actually agree!

This is momentus.. Hold me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Feedback works on anything in or out of the bubble. Placing it on yourself/ally on rez means that no projectiles can hit you while you’re reviving. Medics feedback has always placed it around the Mesmer, and its great in group fights.

Thanks. As much as I use it I never realized it was two-ways. Always something to learn

in Mesmer

Posted by: swaghaft.1732

swaghaft.1732

5 ascended armor sets will get very expensive man

anyway is mesmer going to be viable in pve now (ignoring dungeon record runs) and in terms of damage on par with guardian?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Quite some nice stuff. Pitty the stream died…

Domination

The new GS trait looks awesome. I’m actually slightly scared it might be too strong with the Might and Cripple. Not to mention I hate fighting GS Mesmers and the Cripple will make it so much worse.

Duelling

The Vigor change might make Duelling slightly less attractive but I guess we will be fine. Fencers Finesse looks interesting although just providing some stats. However, I’m a bit upset that the placement of DD und FF didn’t change (partly due to personal preferences). When not running Pistol I just don’t like the choices on the Adept tier.

Chaos

Still awesome. Leaving Illusionary Defense aside.

Inspiration

Wow. Quite a change.

Mender’s Purity as a Minor is just awesome. Inspiring Distortion looks interesting. However, losing the default Distortion on Phantasm cast hurts. It also is very very situational when not using traited Signets. I personally feel it is too specific to be a Minor since the only default Distortion you got comes from F4. I might feel different if the Phantasm Distortion was built-in here. Healing Prism could be interesting if the numbers are okay. But I expect the old Phantasmal Healing to be better.

Protected Phantasm is an interesting idea but the Protection part will most likely not make a difference. But I guess Distortion on shatter might be too much when combined with the new Chronomancer trait with Super Speed. Restorative Illusions could help building a tanky Mesmer for PvP. Might be interesting.

Mental Defense is pretty cool. So is Resistance on Temporal Enchanter. I’m still not excited about Super Speed – it feels forced onto the trait because of the naming. They might as well just get rid of it. It doesn’t really add much – if anthing at all – to the mechanic of Glamours.

Illusions

Way better than the last time they showed it. Some people might not like the condition focus on the Minors but I guess Domination now is a pretty decent power-shatter line. Ineptitude looks super fun for large scale fights. What a pitty we won’t be able to combine it with Evasive Mirror plus traited Sword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

All looks good on paper.. Let’s hope it works for real this time.

Haha, the eternal optimist.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ineptitude looks super fun for large scale fights. What a pitty we won’t be able to combine it with Evasive Mirror plus traited Sword.

With alacrity I think it should be ok with untraited sword, and I can’t wait to try out ineptitude.

Going to be a tough choice between that and MoF.

On another note, I can’t believe we can take MtD and MoF at the same time! Amazing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Sorry did I read this right?

Did we just get an AoE slow?

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Condition Mesmer just got a whole lot better for WvW. I’m curious to see how well it does in long pve fights, probably pretty good.

I’m at the point where I just want to play all specs at once.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Sorry did I read this right?

Did we just get an AoE slow?

Yes, Time Warp now inflicts slow on enemies. Dat duality (just like Null Field).

in the future, chronomancer will also get more access to AoE slow thru well skill and AoE interrupts.