6/23/15 Mesmer Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Reading these changes I cant for the life of me remember why I was possesed to make another necro instead of a mesmer -_-

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

• Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill you gain 1 stack of stability for 5s. Based on the shatter used allies around you can gain Might, Vigor, Fury or Regeneration.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but bountiful disillusionment got the change it deserved here. I’m interpreting a bit but it seems logical since fury/regeneration are listed 3rd/4th.

Instead of retaliation on MW we get AoE 3 might (assuming of course the number is the same as before). Instead of the might on CoF we get AoE vigor. The remaining two are the same but those two changes are excellent, especially with the base recharge reductions we now have on all shatter skills.

I’m really excited about the additional reliable might generation we’re going to be seeing with various traits now.

Good catch. Its so hard to decide whether to go BD or CI for a boonshare build. While BD seems the obvious choice, CI grants 5x might and boon with EACH interrupt, one good focus pull and you’re gold… Ah, decisions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Reading these changes I cant for the life of me remember why I was possesed to make another necro instead of a mesmer -_-

Please delete that flea ridden character to make room for another glorious butterfly.

:)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

• Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill you gain 1 stack of stability for 5s. Based on the shatter used allies around you can gain Might, Vigor, Fury or Regeneration.

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but bountiful disillusionment got the change it deserved here. I’m interpreting a bit but it seems logical since fury/regeneration are listed 3rd/4th.

Instead of retaliation on MW we get AoE 3 might (assuming of course the number is the same as before). Instead of the might on CoF we get AoE vigor. The remaining two are the same but those two changes are excellent, especially with the base recharge reductions we now have on all shatter skills.

I’m really excited about the additional reliable might generation we’re going to be seeing with various traits now.

Good catch. Its so hard to decide whether to go BD or CI for a boonshare build. While BD seems the obvious choice, CI grants 5x might and boon with EACH interrupt, one good focus pull and you’re gold… Ah, decisions.

Well hands down BD is going to be the way to go for a true support build, at least from a boon share perspective. Being everything is AoE now, boons (the really GOOD ones) are going to be flying around everywhere. We know chaos storm alone throws out boons like candy, but add signet of inspiration into the mix and some of the other supporting signet/distortion traits or shatter support traits and you’ve got a pretty incredible boon share/support build with some really nice sustain.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

(edited by skcamow.3527)

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

Well hands down BD is going to be the way to go for a true support build, at least from a boon share perspective. Being everything is AoE now, boons (the really GOOD ones) are going to be flying around everywhere. We know chaos storm alone throws out boons like candy, but add signet of inspiration into the mix and some of the other supporting signet/distortion traits, plus our shatter support traits (thinking duel/chaos/insp) and you’ve got a pretty incredible boon share/support build with some really nice sustain.

EDIT: Obviously can’t take four trait lines, point being there are going to be some solid options for support mesmer and I think BD is going to be right in the middle for boon share especially with literal on demand stability access.

(edited by skcamow.3527)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Well hands down BD is going to be the way to go for a true support build, at least from a boon share perspective. Being everything is AoE now, boons (the really GOOD ones) are going to be flying around everywhere. We know chaos storm alone throws out boons like candy, but add signet of inspiration into the mix and some of the other supporting signet/distortion traits, plus our shatter support traits (thinking duel/chaos/insp) and you’ve got a pretty incredible boon share/support build with some really nice sustain.

Agree, skcamow.

Also, BD has insanely good synergy with mantras. Instead of relying on stealth, now you can rely on Stability. It looks like with this trait, mantra-based build (talking about a build that uses 3 or more mantras) might be finally viable.

Also, mantra heal + rune of altruism for amazing boonshare on top of BD

in Mesmer

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Oh, my first main. Roaming with you will be so much fun again <3

[HUE]

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

WAIT, hold on just a minute!

Cry of Frustration recharge reduced from 30s to 15s

Surely that must be a typo?!? I thought it would be 25s.

I checked the official thread and same thing – 15s Cry of Frustration?!?! Untraited?! :o

Holy kittening kittens, I cannot believe it. :o

Edit: So with alacrity, both MW and CoF will have stupidly low recharge?! Amazing, and taking Illusionary Reversion into account that will allow for some sick burst combos for condition shatter.

Nevermind Restorative Illusions, and Cripple on CoF with MoF, and other things…

Craziness averted.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

The cooldown changes are listed twice. One is listed at 25, the other at 15. I’m inclined to think 15 is a typo.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

The cooldown changes are listed twice. One is listed at 25, the other at 15. I’m inclined to think 15 is a typo.

Ah I see it now – right that makes much more sense that it is a typo.

I was thinking the devs had gone crazy. :o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Mental Anguish should be 20/40% imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

I think it’s a typo error. On dulfy it shows 25s.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

skcamow.3527

• Restorative Illusions: Using a shatter skill removes 1 condition from you and heals you based on the number of illusions shattered.

At first glance you think, “oh they merged restorative illusions and shattered conditions”. Looking again, it appears the AoE condition removal is gone. That’s unfortunate. Still a great trait in the master tier but sad to lose the functionality.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

• Restorative Illusions: Using a shatter skill removes 1 condition from you and heals you based on the number of illusions shattered.

At first glance you think, “oh they merged restorative illusions and shattered conditions”. Looking again, it appears the AoE condition removal is gone. That’s unfortunate. Still a great trait in the master tier but sad to lose the functionality.

Uh. That sucks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah, I saw it too but it’s the right thing to do. Between MP now becomming a minor that AoE cleanses 2 conditions, this would have been a bit much. Plus RI is already quite decent on it’s own thanks to IP, and with this will obviously be even better.

I think it’s OK, although it does potentially break current support builds, which they said they were trying to avoid. (Shattered Conditions had a 600 unit AE, and Power Cleanse on MP is only 240 probably but cures 2 Condies instead of 1.)

All in all, I think support builds will be more viable than ever before, so this change makes sense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Dude.. Glamours, signets, mantras.. I really can’t wait to dig into our new support options. I really love how all of the Inspiration grandmasters are so tempting and so good.

.. And we haven’t even gotten into how Alacrity will play into all this!

iDefender on block/dodge.. Holy hell.

I’m fairly certain my next support build will end up Chaos/Inspire/Chrono.. Shame we only get 3 utilities. =[

Strongest support trait at the moment seems to be the AoE distortion, which makes me lean towards Dom/Chaos/Inspire for Tuesday… May have to lean towards boonshare rather than healing.

… And as I type this my mind whirls with possibilities. I see two types of support possibilities here: Boons and healing/mitigation.

Ahahaha the options!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Can I get a short-and-sweet explanation on this please:

What exactly about Mender’s Purity stacks with Harmonious Mantras?

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Mender’s purity acts as though you literally activated the condie removal mantra every time you activate a healing skill.

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

Mender’s purity acts as though you literally activated the condie removal mantra every time you activate a healing skill.

Thanks for the quick reply!

So it’s a double-dip no HM?

And does Mender’s Purity still trigger off of every use of Power Return? (I.e. no ICD, no stealth change to make it work on casting Mantra of Recovery itself?)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

And does Mender’s Purity still trigger off of every use of Power Return?

Presumably?

no stealth change to make it work on casting Mantra of Recovery itself?)

Hell if I know

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

Fingers crossed, then.

Thanks!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m pretty happy with most of these changes… A few I don’t quite understand the design choice tho. Maybe someone more adept at game design can enlighten me?

Domination:

Keeping – Rendering Shatter: RS is pretty underwhelming in the current game. In the update it’s going to be hard to compete with stun on daze (5 sec c/d) and 15% phant dmg regardless of build. You are a mesmer, You Will make phants and you Will daze… To me even specing full shatter it seems kind of lack luster. I feel like it needs a buff or Fragility needs to be reverted to a strait 10% to be worth taking imo.. But even then it’d only be taken for the uptime. Time will tell maybe I’m underestimating it because the current meta has clouded my opinion.
Also I’m a tad sad face about the fragility change since it was a great answer to the coefficient problems and giving domination a work around made sense, but a buff is a buff and a scaling buff rewards better play I gs so I can’t complain.

Dueling:

Love almost everything~

Harmonious Mantras I think will be ok but I don’t think it’s worth denying access to clone on doge for mantra builds but I dunno it might be fine, little sad you have to have one or the other.

I don’t see the appeal of – Mistrust Not because I’m comparing it to it’s other options and I’m sure I’m biased as a shatter main.. But because it’s 2 stacks of confusion on an interrupt, and even as a AoE it just doesn’t feel that strong to me. Regardless of being power interupt/lockdown or a condi build on paper it feels like pennies on the dollar and not worth a GM.

It’s bit selfish but I’m not complaining since I love everything else. My qualms about HM aside it still looks fun but will prob only PvE it.

Chaos:

Love it! But… Isn’t 100% on stealth for PU a little much? -remembers thief stealth combo and Steal in general- Nvm it’s fine.

Inspiration:

Love it, and I actually really like Temporal Enchanter … SUPER SPEED ANTI-CONDI PORTAL DROPS ^w^ <3

Might be fun?~

Slightly going to miss Vigorous Revelation… oh well not a biggie.

Illusions:

Master of Misdirection and Shattered strength: I don’t get the switch. First off isn’t shattered strength viable regardless of condi shatter or power shatter? I thought the point of the minor traits was to define the line… and if your minor GM reduces shatter by the OTHER 15% then wouldn’t it make sense to keep the thing that affects both builds? Unless this is a delicate balancing thing to keep condi builds from stacking might… But 33% increase doesn’t seem very strong for a GM minor that you might not even build around.

I may be over thinking it, but I think shattered strength should have a bit extra omph if we’re going to keep it as a major and force everyone to take the minor like… Vigor on shatters (YEAH BRING IN IT BACK!)

rest is fine little disappoint nothing for Continuum split/shift on Fragmentation but it’s not a huge deal… Really looking forward to playing with ineptitude <3

Over all tho I am pretty happy with these changes <3 can’t wait till the update <3

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I’m sure this isn’t perfect, but at first read, this is kittening perfect.

I’m ecstatic. Inspiration is kittening rad, Illusion changes are rad. Look at the GM in inspiration Mental Defense, are you kittening serious? Summon phantasmal defender when you block or dodge? Wtf, that is a simultaneous buff to illusion generation and survivability, totally insanely awesome.

MtD is now Master level freeing up another GM in illusions? Incredibly awesome. Buff to scepter attack speed, also very awesome.

This is just so great, absolutely wonderful. I’m sure there are things to complain about if you try, but omfg hell yes cannot wait to play next week!!

(edited by MSFone.3026)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aluren.1896

Aluren.1896

All looks good on paper.. Let’s hope it works for real this time.

Though all the buffs look amazing…I have to agree with this. When is the last time we had a patch where something didn’t break? lol

Server: Crystal Desert
-Timelys [Pdox][OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

After reading all of this I’m so excited to play Mesmer that it’s killing me inside and I’ve been a Mesmer since launch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

In an ideal scenario, after cast your 3 clones plus 5 seconds of each one AA, you will reach 24 stacks of might, but you are attacking only with clones that do poor physical damage.

And I don’t see people using only the gw and their clones in their rotations… Or maybe you already know that there are people for everyone : )

True you don’t see that now, but even with the “nerf” to the Dueling “Confusion-on-crit” trait the GS could potentially become a condition weapon. ;-) Those Clones could apply Bleeds and a little Confusion while stacking Might. Mirror Blade and other traits in Dom can supply Vulnerability and of course the rest of GS can dole out cripples like candy-canes at X-mas. How awesome is Cripple on iWave!? Or I guess AE Cripple on MS?

Especially for a Hybrid build I could see GS doing nasty things. Depending on what happens to Celestial, this could be our Celestial build?? (Dom/Duel/Chaos)

A Celestial PU hybrid with GS & Staff, Mimic, Decoy, Null Field, and traited Mass Invis with Mirror as the heal? Could be pretty neat. (Yeah not meta changing, but still interesting. )

I think any build that takes PU will get a LOT more out of X/torch than staff or gs.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I’m sure this isn’t perfect, but at first read, this is kittening perfect.

I’m ecstatic. Inspiration is kittening rad, Illusion changes are rad. Look at the GM in inspiration Mental Defense, are you kittening serious? Summon phantasmal defender when you block or dodge? Wtf, that is a simultaneous buff to illusion generation and survivability, totally insanely awesome.

MtD is now Master level freeing up another GM in illusions? Incredibly awesome. Buff to scepter attack speed, also very awesome.

This is just so great, absolutely wonderful. I’m sure there are things to complain about if you try, but omfg hell yes cannot wait to play next week!!

It has the same icd as the utility skill.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

My big thoughts are how does this affect pve mesmers, because I saw that they basically combined Harmonious Mantras and Empowering Mantras which messes with pve builds iirc. Will we have to go into more of a boon share/reflect support role now in dungeons/fractals? I’m never going to do a lot of that stuff but I’m still curious lol.

in Mesmer

ASP.8093

My big thoughts are how does this affect pve mesmers, because I saw that they basically combined Harmonious Mantras and Empowering Mantras which messes with pve builds iirc. Will we have to go into more of a boon share/reflect support role now in dungeons/fractals? I’m never going to do a lot of that stuff but I’m still curious lol.

I think Empowering Mantras was a horrible design that needed to die.

If that leaves mesmer DPS too low in dungeons, the solution is to take an across-the-board look at mesmer DPS. That one trait was a band-aid, and an absolutely horrible one since it was literally “throw away all of your utilities to get your damage up to par.”