6/25/13 patch discussion thread [merged]

in Mesmer

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

It’s a shame they buried your well written formal complaint into a thread that will soon be 10 pages deep.

I’m happy to repost it under a different title and risk the mod wrath.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s a shame they buried your well written formal complaint into a thread that will soon be 10 pages deep.

I’m happy to repost it under a different title and risk the mod wrath.

Won’t accomplish anything unfortunately. I already messaged the mods requesting it be unmerged, fwiw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thanks-Anet/first#post2282983

LOL THIEVES QQing seriously? Are we that OP even with all these nerfs

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

I’m annoyed that this thread completely undermines Pyroatheist’s well written post that might actually have gotten us somewhere…

in Mesmer

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

It’s interesting that the biggest nerf was to Focus’ Illusionary Veil/Into the Void and no one has complained about this one specifically. I guess we saw it coming and it is a reasonable change. However it greatly harms the Focus as a viable weapon with iWarden’s placement and A.I. being so luckluster.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Yeah, just noticed my post is buried in the second page now. I’m going to repost it on the forums with an additional explanation of why it should not be merged again, mods be kitten ed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

It’s interesting that the biggest nerf was to Focus’ Illusionary Veil/Into the Void and no one has complained about this one specifically. I guess we saw it coming and it is a reasonable change. However it greatly harms the Focus as a viable weapon with iWarden’s placement and A.I. being so luckluster.

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the nerf that most annoys me. I’m probably going to be running pistol for shatter now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

Bought the anomaly focus last week, and now all my fun of pulling off cliffs with into the void in wvw has been ruined

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the nerf that most annoys me. I’m probably going to be running pistol for shatter now.

I agree.. TC/ItV was what made the focus appealing.. 1 sec is too much… TC is almost only used for speed buffs because traiting it is useless in most scenarios, it was ItV that made it good.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I complained, and have been complaining. I have lots of practice complaining. <3

Temporal Curtain / Into the Void – That 1 second cooldown suuuucks.

Mesmer
Into the Void: This skill now has a 1 second recharge before it can be used after placing Temporal Curtain.
Very disappointed to see this change. If they’re going to change this skill, it should be to make its swiftness stack correctly with other sources of swiftness. Adding a one-second cool down between the curtain and the pull was unnecessary. :/

I’m very upset about this clear resignation to appease whines.

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Posted by: Peacemaker Xeranan.4508

Peacemaker Xeranan.4508

… snip

Summary
These changes accomplished nothing positive for the mesmer class. The fact that they were made in the name of build diversity is insulting to every intelligent mesmer player. These changes, far from providing build diversity and flexibility, have significantly lowered the diversity of the mesmer class and restricted the flexibility our builds have. This is far and away the most devastating and most ill-conceived patch since this game was first released.

If anyone has not read Pyro’s post on page 2 I recommend it. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Honestly, I had high hopes for this patch. I was envisioning long awaited buffs to my condition Mesmer with buffs made to Illusionary Elasticity, Scepter and Torch, Deceptive Evasion and clone behavior! Heck, I even wondered if they were going to buff the viability of confusion!

I was incredibly disappointed with what I got instead.

My already oddly placed MH Sword (that functions better in my condition damage build than a Scepter lolwut?) just took a hit on several fronts. Now I’m being punished all the more for using it outside of a power-based build.

The scepter was “buffed” only slightly for my condition build. The auto-attack and scepter-clones were not altered at all, still remaining vastly inferior to sword auto-attack and clones. And while Torment on Scepter 2 scales much more nicely damage-wise in my build than it did before (when it was just raw damage), I still get more utility, target hits and damage from using Blurred Frenzy- even with its nerf.

Torch was untouched. Hugely disappointing. And even though Focus is powerful on its own, after several month of playing Scepter/focus then sword/focus, Sword/Focus works MUCH better as a combination.

This was done for build diversity? You made one of my weapons even worse- though STILL better than the alternative (scepter)- and still didn’t make my condition damage Mesmer more competitive. If anything, this is all the more excuse to rethink my hope in a future as a condition Mesmer and simply becoming shatter.

TL:DR- What did I get as a Condition Mesmer this patch? Not a kitten thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: overlordchin.7583

overlordchin.7583

I guess by build diversity they meant Mesmers would build other professions instead

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

The nerf to Blurred Frenzy and SoI are reasonable. I would’ve handled IC differently but it definitely needed something done. Vengeful Images is a bit uncalled for but possibly is required with the Phantasm HP buff.

My thoughts exactly. They were decently heavy nerfs, but I could see them being worse. I would have done BF differently, but IC nerf is definitely valid. The trait was required in like 85% of all builds. I have 3 specs I play, and they all are affected by these changes. It’s harder to do things, but it’s still manageable, and mesmer is still a great class. If people relied so heavily on a few certain abilities to make or break the class for them, perhaps it’s better that they take some time off to figure things out.

I don’t like the Vengeful Images nerf though. Hope they revert that one.

Thanks for Zerker/Bouncing mechanics though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: overlordchin.7583

overlordchin.7583

but IC nerf is definitely valid. The trait was required in like 85% of all builds.

Many classes have a trait that 85% of viable builds require that didnt get nerfed in this manner to “promote diversity”

Guardian builds come to mind in particular. I think that is one of the reasons many are upset by this. The trait is powerful and still mostly mandatory but now you are more or less forced into shatter builds to get it.

Understand that I am mostly not impacted by this change. But if the goal was to promote diversity as stated this was the wrong way to go about it. What should have been done was make other traits more appealing so this wasnt the only way to go. A difficult task to do without power creep but still the “correct” way to fix and do what they said they were setting out to do.

*spelling edit

(edited by overlordchin.7583)

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

I said elsewhere, but from a Mesmer POV, I don’t understand what they were trying to do with these changes. It seems to have shrunk build diversity for the Mesmer class. I will try out some of the changes they made to interrupt skills, but the truth is that there’s only one part of the game where those new traits will be highly useful and that’s WvWvW. There’s not enough team fights in tPVP for the multi-interrupts to be worth it and interrupts are useless versus most of the more powerful PVE mobs.

The IC nerf is pretty major. It reduces the access to so many things that it feels like a drastic move at first. I’m not even worried about Phantasm upkeep. It’s the way it nerfs survival and control for every Mesmer build that leaves me confused.

And I don’t see a meaningful buff to condition Mesmer play which is one of the things I thought they were looking at for multiple classes.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m not really bothered about the nerfs but I am very disappointed that Anet hasn’t used this skill/trait rebalancing opportunity to address Ether Bolt and Phantasmal Mage. How can we be expected to branch out with our builds when we have weapons that are still under performing massively in as basic a function as an auto-attack? It’s just getting annoying now.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

How about getting stunned during frenzy?!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

How about getting stunned during frenzy?!

Already immobilized during frenzy, and it’s more or less a channeled ability too… a stun wouldn’t effect instant-cast spells, which are what Mesmers generally use while using Frenzy, as far as I know.

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Already immobilized during frenzy, and it’s more or less a channeled ability too… a stun wouldn’t effect instant-cast spells, which are what Mesmers generally use while using Frenzy, as far as I know.

No, I was talking about me getting stunned mid-frenzy by that mob with ele-like shocking aura in that new dungeon. It was extremely frustrating experience.

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

I bet it was, its all part of the plot to keep people from wanting Bolt since it sticks in the ground anyways sshhhhh don’t tell.

Guess I’ll have to wipe your memory again. :c

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Well isn’t blured frenzy breaking the shatter build as the burst can only apply with a much lower rate ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Well isn’t blured frenzy breaking the shatter build as the burst can only apply with a much lower rate ?

It affects it yes, but its not completely broken

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

It seems to be that balancing and changes with regards to the mesmer class are being made while completely out of touch with the reality of this game. This patch only exemplifies that more.

Good Changes

1. The Phantasmal Berserker was fixed. This is a good change. Unfortunately, it comes 6 months too late to deserve any applause or thanks.
  2. Bounce logic was fixed. This is a good change. Unfortunately, similar to the phantasmal berserker, this is a bug fix, and deserves only minor applause and thanks.
  3. Interrupt traits were significantly boosted. Unfortunately, due to the nature of interrupts, most of these traits still aren’t strong enough to base a build around.
  4. Phantasm hp was significantly increased in PvE and slightly increased in PvP. A good change, but more on this later.
  5. Signet of illusions was fixed so that it applies immediately. A good change but again, more on this later.
  6. Shattered conditions is now aoe

That’s about it. Now for the bad changes.

1. Blurred frenzy is now an evade. It also has a its base cooldown increased by 20%
  2. Signet of illusions passive effect reduced to 50% down from 200%
  3. Vengeful images now only applies retaliation for 5 seconds after the summon of a phantasm
  4. Illusionist’s celerity moved from 5 point minor to 25 point minor

These are abbreviated versions. There are obviously more changes that I didn’t touch upon, but these are the only changes that (in my opinion) actually make a difference.

Here is the main issue. The positive changes to our traits and skills are relatively minor or are complete bug fixes. On the other hand, the nerfs are massive. Anet is obviously spending developer and programmer time figuring out effective ways to nerf mesmers, while completely ignoring the parts of our class that are still completely broken. I will now list the largest offenders.

1. The iMage could be replaced with a placeholder saying “This skill does nothing” and nobody would care
  2. The scepter (even after this addition of torment) is completely useless. There are 0 situations outside of a glamour build in wvw that the scepter is better than the sword, greatsword, or staff unless one ignores all functions of the scepter other than the block itself.
  3. Phantasmal haste still does not apply to 2 of our phantasms: Swordsman and mariner
  4. Illusionary elasticity still does not apply to staff clones
  5. Wastrel’s punishment is still useless
  6. Mantras are still extremely underwhelming with underwhelming and poorly designed traits
  7. Due to the nature of interrupts, the interrupt traits are still of very limited use

These are a lot of massive problems. However, instead of fixing these problems, Anet decides to hand out significant nerfs. The nerf to signet of illusions, in my opinion, is reasonable, but that’s pretty much it. Blurred frenzy is nerfed twice, once in evade and once in cooldown. Vengeful images is, for all intents and purposes, no longer a trait. Lastly, Illusionist’s Celerity is moved from 5 point minor to 25 point minor, nerfing every single build that is not shatter.

And as if all that weren’t enough, these changes are made in the name of build diversity. Anet is telling us “These changes are actually good for your class. We are doing this to help you.”

Build diversity eh? These changes make a tank build very difficult to play effectively now. They vastly remove potential diversity from both PvE and PvP phantasm builds. They significantly nerf the already very weak condition builds that mesmers have. Across the board, all non-shatter builds that mesmers have are negatively impacted, most in very significant ways.

The small buffs that they gave us are insignificant. Shattered conditions is nice, but with the other changes, it’s now much more difficult to use it effectively. The interrupt traits are nice, but when you couple that with the other changes they just become another shatter variant. Bounce logic was fixed, but builds that rely on that (conditions) are even weaker now.

On top of all this, the phantasm builds that were stupidly overpowered in a 1v1 are still stupidly overpowered in a 1v1. A small cooldown nerf won’t change that. People are still going to get facerolled by any competent phantasm build player and they’ll just cry for more nerfs.

Summary
These changes accomplished nothing positive for the mesmer class. The fact that they were made in the name of build diversity is insulting to every intelligent mesmer player. These changes, far from providing build diversity and flexibility, have significantly lowered the diversity of the mesmer class and restricted the flexibility our builds have. This is far and away the most devastating and most ill-conceived patch since this game was first released.

Thankyou Pyroatheist.9031, everyone needs to read this excellent summary of the changes.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hockmed.9417

Hockmed.9417

You guys seem to forget ANet’s wonderful history of “balance” – in GW1 when a build got OP or abused, they nerfed the skill that was the basis of the whole thing into unusable kitten. It wasn’t enough to fix it, they broke it beyond even usability. When they were done, there were about 4 builds that were effective enough to be consistently used in most classes, with the others marginalized by mediocrity and certain situational usefulness.

It seems that with an end goal of esports in mind, ANet is focusing balance into the idea that you will always know what to expect from each class in every situation – because there is only one or two ways to effectively play in that given situation. Instead of making players learn what EVERY class can do in a variety of builds/situations, ANet is bowing to lazy whiners that get outplayed by better prepared and more knowledgeable people – and go to the forums to whine that mastery of a class is OP. Yes there are bugs, but the lack of vision for where things are going is frustrating to say the least. And if there is a vision, the lack of communication of the vision is causing player/dev separation.

As you can clearly see, there are many players passionate about this game. Maybe if ANet included us in some of this vision and let us help sculpt these changes via a test server, there wouldn’t be so much alienation and frustration felt here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

To be fair, 4 builds would be 3 more than WoW offers. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Best way to balance is to make all players use same build.

And i was thinking quiting from guardian(game demands 2h weapon now).

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Well, we have at least four prominent builds now based around four quite prominent features of Mesmers:

• Shatters
  • Phantasms
  • Interrupting
  • Stealth

The jury is still out how viable speccing around Confusion is now, with the added damage from Retaliation and Torment as the main pressure while Confusion delivers the spikes.

But anyhow, that’s 4-5 builds. Not bad comparing other MMOs. Not perfectly ofc, far from, but also not bad for such a young game.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Paifas.3196

Paifas.3196

Well, we have at least four prominent builds now based around four quite prominent features of Mesmers:

• Shatters
  • Phantasms
  • Interrupting
  • Stealth

The jury is still out how viable speccing around Confusion is now, with the added damage from Retaliation and Torment as the main pressure while Confusion delivers the spikes.

But anyhow, that’s 4-5 builds. Not bad comparing other MMOs. Not perfectly ofc, far from, but also not bad for such a young game.

4/5 builds? I’m sorry but I cant agree with that and i cant stop sharing my unhappyness about this.

• Shatters -> nerfed BF
  • Phantasms -> completly butchered
  • Interrupting -> this will never be viable, the interrupts dont reset the CD and its near to impossible to interrupt a race like asura because of the low visibility.
  • Stealth -> one elite skill and one 3 secs skill. Yea, I can see you make a build aroud this.

One more thing, retaliation? You are a LIGHT armor you are not supposed to take damage, you are suposed to avoid that. So how the hell can you see retaliation as a good source of damage? Oh and Tourment i already explained why it sux.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

You guys seem to forget ANet’s wonderful history of “balance” – in GW1 when a build got OP or abused, they nerfed the skill that was the basis of the whole thing into unusable kitten. It wasn’t enough to fix it, they broke it beyond even usability. When they were done, there were about 4 builds that were effective enough to be consistently used in most classes, with the others marginalized by mediocrity and certain situational usefulness.

And that was the old, good ANet team. Then all the competent people left. Now imagine what this new team can(’t) do! Yay!

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

• Shatters
  • Phantasms
  • Interrupting
  • Stealth

4/5 builds? I’m sorry but I cant agree with that and i cant stop sharing my unhappyness about this.

• Shatters -> nerfed BF
  • Phantasms -> completly butchered
  • Interrupting -> this will never be viable, the interrupts dont reset the CD and its near to impossible to interrupt a race like asura because of the low visibility.
  • Stealth -> one elite skill and one 3 secs skill. Yea, I can see you make a build aroud this.

One more thing, retaliation? You are a LIGHT armor you are not supposed to take damage, you are suposed to avoid that. So how the hell can you see retaliation as a good source of damage? Oh and Tourment i already explained why it sux.

Yeah, sorry, but I have to agree with this as well. Of those four builds only one is close to complete, the other three are crippled in at least one way.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

• Shatters – nerfed BF

And this makes Shatter useless, ofc.

• Phantasms – completly butchered

Ofc, substantial increase in Phantasm lifetime but a 20% reduction in Phantasm-summoning-output result in “completely butchered”. No contest.

• Interrupting – this will never be viable, the interrupts dont reset the CD and its near to impossible to interrupt a race like asura because of the low visibility.

It seems very viable from the brief evaluation, but I’ll agree this needs more investigation.

• Stealth – one elite skill and one 3 secs skill. Yea, I can see you make a build aroud this.

May I direct you to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth and the four stealth skills we have (not counting Deception)?

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

• Shatters – nerfed BF

And this makes Shatter useless, ofc.

• Phantasms – completly butchered

Ofc, substantial increase in Phantasm lifetime but a 20% reduction in Phantasm-summoning-output result in “completely butchered”. No contest.

• Interrupting – this will never be viable, the interrupts dont reset the CD and its near to impossible to interrupt a race like asura because of the low visibility.

It seems very viable from the brief evaluation, but I’ll agree this needs more investigation.

• Stealth – one elite skill and one 3 secs skill. Yea, I can see you make a build aroud this.

May I direct you to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth and the four stealth skills we have (not counting Deception)?

Blurred frenzy wasn’t just a shatter nerf. It now basically discourages me to use sword in the other (weird) builds I have made.

Yes phantasm builds were not butchered, they have been significantly toned down. This also destroys my Phantasm build in WvW. Also, he wasn’t just referring to the Illusion Celerity nerf. Your just jumping conclusions.

I have played and experimented interrupt builds before and after these “buffs” came along. I was actually very excited that they buffed interrupts. Yes they are better but it is still an unreliable build. The only time I’ve reliably interrupt (strategically) is through the use of the (now nerfed) temporal curtain. Don’t argue with me that diversion is actually reliable. Because it’s not. Clones have to run up just to daze a person (or 5 if traited ). There are others like Illusionary Wave and the even more unreliable OH sword daze. Even Chaos Storm isn’t as great of an interrupt as you think. First it needs to daze and then they have to be using a skill while dazed.

I can’t believe you think a stealth build is actually viable. Unless you are running Prismatic Understanding with signet of Inspiration for boon shares, you are just as useless as that rabbit next you. Also, signet of Inspiration has a long cool down.

Honestly, I’m not insulting you, but from reading your other posts in threads, you speak like your just theory crafting.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Has anyone tried to develop from Halting Strike significant damage buff? I tried it out briefly and the damage was huge. It can be really good in chaotic zerg clash fighting when you drop a chaos storm in the middle of the crowd. Just a thought.

in Mesmer

Paifas.3196

Carighan,

shatter build is the most viable one now, i didnt saied we had nothing.

Phantasms dont have more lifespan, they has less lifespan because of the huge nerf of the signet from +200%hp to + 50% hp. the +55% hp on base stat doesnt compensate this. So the phants have pretty much less 25% hp then before and 20% longuer cooldowns.
When you summon a phantasm it would start a new attack cycle automaticly, so its a big nerf with the IC move.
Adding to this the 20% Longuer CD and taking retaliation damage from Blurred Frenzy, I would say this Build was Butchered, woulnt you agree?

Interrupts, we agree to disagree.

stealth i did forgot veil. But the torch is a waste of HO weapon compared to sword or pistol, as i saied before relying on the retaliation as a damage source is not good idea with light armor. Imo.

Carighan im confused, post after post you keep defending this new (nerf) patch. wouldnt you (at least) agree with us that longuer cooldowns make this game less fun to play?

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Phantasms dont have more lifespan, they has less lifespan because of the huge nerf of the signet from +200%hp to + 50% hp. the +55% hp on base stat doesnt compensate this. So the phants have pretty much less 25% hp then before and 20% longuer cooldowns.

Well… have you used Signet of Illusions before the patch?
Your illusions were running around without it’s buff for an average of 5 seconds, every time you summoned them.

As in, that was the reason they died off so quickly. For quite a while after summoning, they were frail as hell.
So yes, now you have 230% HP (compared to base HP pre-patch) instead of 300% HP.
But, you have it instantly, not 5s later.

That’s quite a boost, and it’s actually very significant playing PvE and WvW yesterday evening. In both cases my (non-specced, I am 20/20/30/0/0) Phantasms feel like they survive more reliably, especially against random damage flying around.

And as to your last point, the 20% CD nerf individually? No, less fun to play.
The patch as a whole? Stinging nerfs, but ultimately a nice improvement. Interrupts stronger, stealth stronger, Illusions finally more durable for PvE purposes, Phantasms buffed for non-Phantasm specs too (one issue we had so far was the huge disparity here), two very very damaging bugs finally fixed, Scepter trait improved.

Can’t complain, sorry. As much as the nerfs sting individually, as a whole my Mesmer feels… yeah, better. Sorry, but that’s just how it feels ingame.

But like I said before, I avoid sPvP like the plague. Horrible cesspool of crappy smallscale combat. If I wanted that, I would have stayed with WoW.

in Mesmer

Paifas.3196

I dont PvE so maybe thats why we have completly diferent opinions.
I will not discuss this further with you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyber.1798

Cyber.1798

The problem is that ANet EXPECTS an initial reaction to mesmer and ranger (even boonmaster-eles) …
But they also expect us to kitten soon and find other things to do..
for example: it is STUPID obvious that mesmer sword (blurred frienzy) was nerfed BIG time not because the skill was op… it has been a gd skill to use only bcos it’s similar cooldown with leap…
No. they nerfed the hell out of sword mechanic ONLY to “advertise” and market their new cutie-pie of a piece of kitten of scepter because some developers got a frontal wedgie from his poor excuse of a new condition…
With all due respect arenanet… I’ve been working on leveling my mesmer for a month now, it’s been my baby, i spent almost all my money on exotic gear and weapons not even a week ago… and now? all worthless. you literally KILLED the race. it does NOT promote new builds, in fact, your ruined most viable builds, especially with illusionist celerity becoming trait25….
I’m boycotting playing mesmer and ranger. If you players have ANY shred of dignity and respect to your OWN CREATION… you would do the same.
Sorry arena net… but my mesmer is NOT yours. it’s mine. I leveled it, i fought with it, i spent weeks baby-ing it… you don’t have the right to just kill the profession simply because of your sorry excuse for PvP tests…
Get your best developers and have them meet us in WvW on their new mesmers… if they survive the onslaught, i’ll rest my case.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

First off to all the non mesmer pvpers eat kitten and die….Mesmers the new Ranger?

in Mesmer

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

People moan and cry too much about Mesmer being too powerful. I stop playing after several nerfed stages playing Mesmer in pvp, along with extreme buffs to Thieves. I’ll return after Mesmer gets their buff.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Good luck waiting for that…

in Mesmer

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

Good luck waiting for that…

Don’t worry…like I said I have already stopped playing this game except for pvp dailies, so for me I really don’t mind, all I do is pvp anyways so noob bashing is not too difficult.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Going to play the balls off my thief until it gets nerfed, too. I suggest everyone else do the same. ;p

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

I will admit when I first saw the illusionists celerity nerf I was furious, I had been playing a sword/sword staff phantasm build and I relied on those last 5 points to keep my sword phantasm at a lower cd, along with decoy and I occasionally used phantasmal defender. however I must say after some thought anf theory crafting I rally don’t care either way. I was able to adjust my spec without needing to use that trait and make it work almost identical to b4. this also gave me the idea of running an offhand pistol phantasm spec using phantasmal haste to make the pistol phnt attack almost as frequently as a sword phantasm, combined with sharper images (15 point minor trait in dueling) I ended with a nice little power/condition hybrid phantasm spec with amazing survivability. the traits are 0/15/15/15/25 for anyone who cares to try it out. that’s using sword/pistol and staff

sorry posted the wrong traits, its been fixed.

(edited by JesseBensen.4817)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

… you don’t have the right to just kill the profession simply because of your sorry excuse for PvP tests…

…uhhh…..yes they have…
and they just showed you they can

This is a standard MMORPG behavior: To keep (bored / leaving) people playing…you have to provide them new objectives. Easiest way is to force them to re-roll / change stuff.
It has always been and will be always as long as they do not find a good way to keep you there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Only 2 things keeping players from leaving is the effort spent in their toons, and their friends in game.

Rerolling is some sort of hard decision that comes next the question “should i play another game?”….and most of the time people change game.

This is clear since first mmorpgs.

Breifly people won t start from scratch if they have a toon with rare exotic skins or legendaries, bag slots and stuff.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eclispo.2703

Eclispo.2703

Why has no one commented about the Mind Spike change? I’m sry I see it as more of a 20% damage nerf due to people always having some sort of buff on and it takes them no time to get more on them. The blurred frenzy nerf was unneeded if they needed to nerf it then just make the cd longer don’t get rid of the invun we needed that because we are squishes getting into close combat blurred was a skill that helped us survive a little longer in close combat. I mean look at the elementelist they can survive in close combat because they have 2 moves that heal them when they are in water attunment then a damage reduction in their earth attunment and a stun in air attunment for when they r hit then to add another insult to injury they have arcane shield which blocks 3 attacks. which lets them survive in close combat a hell of a lot longer then what blurred did for us. I find that the only reason people complained about it is because they didn’t have it and cant see why we needed it.

(edited by Eclispo.2703)

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Comparing arcane shield and 50 trait investment to blurred frenzy?
I refuse to believe that you’re serious.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eclispo.2703

Eclispo.2703

Arcane shield is not a 50 trait investment actually no trait is a 50 trait investment and tbh the only trait investment is the protection from switching to earth both the heals are with dd element moves. The fact is even without the investment for the protection they still survive a lot more then wat we can do period blurred was our only way to actually stay in close range combat without getting bombed with aoes and conditions. The fact that elementlist can easily get rid of conditions is another plus for them to stay in close range combat. I’m not saying nerf ele’s but the blurred nerf was an unneeded nerf the 12 cooldown fine but getting rid of invun is going overtop and arenanet seems to like going over the overtop with its nerfs and never likes to take them back.

in Mesmer

Winds.3087

Blurred frenzy used to evade EVERYTHING for it’s duration! Not some limited hits, not some damage-minus-protection, everything! Don’t you see a difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noms.3458

Noms.3458

Great I just started playing 2 weeks ago and I choose mesmer randomly and was enjoying it. Now I hear that it keeps getting nerfed, I feel like all the struggle I went through on lower levels are for nothing now if they keep on nerfing mesmers. Leveling is so slow for me as a mesmer and now it’s probably going to be even slower and less rewarding.
Not the best way to keep a new player playing this game.