99% sure shatter will get nerfed soon

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

1. Its the only thing people will be playing, so it will be the only thing to complain about.

2. Shatter is the most skillful (imho) build to play, therefore most baddies will move to alts, whilst the best players will still be shattering, and pwning face. This will make it appear as if shatter mesmers are OP.

3. Also it was mentioned in SOTG that it will be looked at. And im sure the guys at SOTG already knew about the upcoming nerfs.

I am saddened by this.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: vapour.2916

vapour.2916

This is going to be nice seeing all of the fair weather Mesmers loudly taking their bandwagon boat home.

msixtyfive – Mesmer – DHE – Darkhaven

in Mesmer

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

Thank god I have both an condition und burst set being able to switch forth and back like they ‘re making you go. To me those patch logs seem like they want to stop that heavy burst damage – or at least intended to make us go more to interrupting and conditions. Haven’t tried them yet, thought.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

This is going to be nice seeing all of the fair weather Mesmers loudly taking their bandwagon boat home.

This is a game played for recreation in people’s free time. It is not a job, it is not a religion, heck, it’s not even like rooting for your local sports franchise, as games are mostly non-territorial. We are all fair weather gamers. If a better game came along or if this one isn’t fun anymore you quit.

If the game isn’t fun and you don’t quit, you may have a problem.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Agreed. Hopefully I see less of us around now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

This is a game played for recreation in people’s free time. It is not a job, it is not a religion, heck, it’s not even like rooting for your local sports franchise, as games are mostly non-territorial. We are all fair weather gamers. If a better game came along or if this one isn’t fun anymore you quit.

This may be the best thing ever written on any GW2 forum, ever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cassiel.9431

Cassiel.9431

Death Scar-Mesmer, Light Scar-Ranger,Dark Scar-Ele ,Cassiel-Guard, Shadow Sçar-Thief
Guild : Drago Rosso – Server : Piken Square

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

No one could have said this better

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Shatter… Skill? hmmmm I can see it with some people but most mesmers especially really good ones I know have stopped shatter along time ago. I haven’t run a shatter build in months.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Absolutely right!

Anyone so stupidly devoted to their class that they’ll keep playing no matter how stupid the changes is clearly not worth listening to.

I look forward to playing GW2 when I get home from work. I read the fofrums in free time, chat to friends from my guild, come home and do pretty well in WvW/sPvP and enjoy the rest of the game. I love(d) my mesmer.

Now the playstyle I enjoy has been essentially removed. What am I meant to do?

If I was rewatching a series of my favourite tv show, and the directors came to my house and removed my favourite character I’d be fairly annoyed. If the owner of my local bar removed all the chairs I’d be fairly annoyed.

Now the developers of my favourite game have removed the way I like to play… and I’m meant to say “no worries, I’m not a fairweather mesmer/bar fan/tv show fan – I’ll just keep on going no matter what they do”?

It sounds like you just want to feel superior to everyone else, but really the more balanced attitude is to say “hey, this is my leisure time and you’re making it worse to no-one’s gain”.

Have fun doing whatever you decide to do mr vapours, and enjoy your now happily-emptied boat!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Shatter… Skill? hmmmm I can see it with some people but most mesmers especially really good ones I know have stopped shatter along time ago. I haven’t run a shatter build in months.

This may sound dumb but among mesmer builds what requires more skill than shatter? Good players flock to the best builds not the ones that require the most skill. in the long run its about output.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Mesmer

Posted by: JoeKnowMo.9325

JoeKnowMo.9325

“Shatter is not nerfed right now but just thinking about it possibly happening, even if it never does, just robs all the fun out of the game.”

Did I get that right?

Take a break from the forums and play the game and experiment with the new possibilities. You may actually have, Dwayna forbid, fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Moving to a profession that is more fun to play is (from this perspective) same as moving to another game.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

From ele main, you get used to the constant nerfs and such over time. If ele pattern is anything to go by, shatter will be nerfed (as phantasm just got hit harshly outside PvE) then the less common weapon (torch) will get some nice buff opening S/T to be more popular as ele S/D and staff got huge buffs.

Luckily I stayed away from pure shatter for W3 cos had a feeling it’d get needed constantly. Hopefully it’s left alone though cos shatter mesmers are awesome to fight with and against!

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

they will nerf shatter.
very simply…..if the nerf makes playing my mesmer significantly less enjoyable, then i will move to a class i enjoy playing more (probably necro or guardian).

i will be sad, as i’ve crafted multiple armor sets, The Anomaly, Whisperblade, Vision of the Mists, and used a halloween scythe skin on my staff……….but its just a game and fun will always trump “duty”.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Already moved on to a more condition build in PvP. It works wonders both defense and offense. Not as bursty as a shatter build, but I stay alive very well. =)

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

"Shatter is not nerfed right now but just thinking about it possibly happening, even if it never does, just robs all the fun out of the game."

Did I get that right?

Take a break from the forums and play the game and experiment with the new possibilities. You may actually have, Dwayna forbid, fun.

If they already know that they’ll nerf this build, they should just have done it with this big balancing patch. If they do it later, people having played it for a long time will be even more disappointed as the ANet nerf bat usually hits very hard. So I totally understand why the game is less fun when your perspective is so bad. Riding the rollercoaster isn’t that much fun when you know that at the end you’ll be punched in the face with a pole.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

Shatters will most certaintly be nerfed. At that point, Anet will start to rebuild the class like they did with Necromancers and Rangers (who are looking really, REALLY tempting to me right now) and we will eventually have a Mesmer that looks somewhat similar to the profession we first started with, but plays vastly differently, is as powerful as the other professions, and has many different arguably similarly effective builds.

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Shatters will most certaintly be nerfed. At that point, Anet will start to rebuild the class like they did with Necromancers and Rangers (who are looking really, REALLY tempting to me right now) and we will eventually have a Mesmer that looks somewhat similar to the profession we first started with, but plays vastly differently, is as powerful as the other professions, and has many different arguably similarly effective builds.

In the 2019 or fairyland?

/joke

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Only thing people will be playing? Oh come on, seriously.

I’m sure there are a lot of very capable players on here who will figure out their own alternatives without IC.
I will certainly be adapting to lower cooldown rather than jumping on the shatter bandwagon.

I agree that shatter has the highest skill requirement, and all the good shatter players will still be doing what they do best. All the flavour of the month players will either attempt to emulate this, a handful might try to adapt their own builds, or they’ll simply change class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

i mis readed the post, and yea only what mesmers will play? i think they patched the mesmer conditions to, staff and scepter etc. so al lot of new possible builds. and plss no nerf for shatters.. only funn build for me. and no i’m not a fully shatter mesmer.. just love my build :p