Another Mesmer Moa Bird Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Get real guys.
You can’t justify a clearly overpowered skill saying “It can be dodged or avoided”, it is just plain ridiculous. Every skill in this game can be avoided but I fear no skill more than Moa because if you fail to avoid that, you are screwed. No skill has such a devastating effect if not avoided and that’s because it is clearly overpowered.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shomaruki.7395

Shomaruki.7395

Wait wait wait, If you play Thief then your input this skill being bad is invalid XD.

I’m the [Captain] of the T.Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Get real guys.
You can’t justify a clearly overpowered skill saying “It can be dodged or avoided”, it is just plain ridiculous. Every skill in this game can be avoided but I fear no skill more than Moa because if you fail to avoid that, you are screwed. No skill has such a devastating effect if not avoided and that’s because it is clearly overpowered.

The one guy unable to use abilities for 10s (can still move, be healed and buffed, after all) really going to keep that keep locked down, I suppose?

(Think beyond tPvP, it’s 1 of 3 PvP modes and so far the only indicator of which is the “main” mode would be how much more development time WvW must have taken.)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

seriously?
you are talking about a Group vs Group scenario and complaining about a SINGLE target elite, with massive CD and that you can even dodge, evade, block or even, if it lands on you, you can still run until it wears off, really wtf? L2play bro!
Even on 1v1 is not really that great, when people know how to play i mean, they can just run and evade while morphed
Mesmers have very few stun/snares, so following a target isnt really their strongest ability

I’d call OP the Entangle from the Ranger, a AOE snare that makes a whole group of “X” amount of people immobile and pretty much useless until the vines are destroyed.. that’s a perfect Starter skill for a massive killstreak and it only has a 150s cd,
30s less than moa morph and 100 times more usefull on group vs group fights!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Any Elite skill that utterly overwrites another is unacceptable.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

“Run and evade while morphed”

Really? Do tell how you deal with cripple, chill, stun, and every other movement impairing condition as a Moa? How do I heal my wounds? How do I escape opponents without swiftness, or stealth, or a way to keep them still?

How can you possibly survive for 10 seconds of focus fire off of two evade rolls, and nothing else? Especially as a lower health class like the thief or elementalist?

It’s actually kind of funny that you mention entangle, because it just shows just how ridiculous Moa is.

Immobilize:

1: Can be cured
2: Allows ranged users to continue firing under most circumstances
3: Does not prevent healing
4: Does not take away utility skills
5: Does not interrupt transformations such as Tornado, or Lich Form
6: Does not destroy summoned creatures, such as minions, or Thieves.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Any Elite skill that utterly overwrites another is unacceptable.

True, so Tome of Courage is overpowered compared to damaging Elites.
(The logic, sense it makes none)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jahaudant.9267

Jahaudant.9267

Moa would be 10 times better if it broke on damage and had a cooldown of 30-45 seconds instead. Funnily enough, even though it would be a far more valuable skill I would bet my next pay cheque that less people would complain about it purely because 90% of the troll mechanic is gone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Broke on damage, eh?

Hah!

Then no Mesmer would use it. Why?

Our Clones at 80 do at least 1 damage when they attack, and we can’t control them. So we Moa someone, then a clone pokes it with their illusionary toothpick immediately after.
Thats not counting other sources of damage, say Bleeds, Ally AoEs, our own Bouncing attacks, etc.

That version of Moa would be worse then a Daze, potentially worse then a Blind, and definitely not worth the Elite slot for any reason.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

That with the Clones gives me an idea for a funky Elite:

Illusion Mastery
For 15 seconds, your Clones are real instead of illusionary, having health equal to your own and causing full damage with their attacks.
180s CD

This’d probably require a nerf to Clone Dodging, though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Here’s a thought…

What if we just cede Moa bird and get a new elite? :p – I mean, we all agree moa is pretty useless outside of a 1 Vs 1 scenario. I’d be all for giving us a more practical elite in that slot.

>:D

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Yeah exactly, I know.
Plus, it really doesn’t fit in well.

If I had 4 utility “Polymorph” skills of various use, and an Elite version which is the Moa Morph, I could see the point.

The way it is, the skill sits weirdly. It’s not connected to any other skill in our lineup, no traits affect it except maybe 25-Domination, and well, useless outside of smallest-scale battles.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

I dont get why everyone cries about moa, timewarp is one of if not the most powerfull skill in the game.

That with the Clones gives me an idea for a funky Elite:

Illusion Mastery
For 15 seconds, your Clones are real instead of illusionary, having health equal to your own and causing full damage with their attacks.
180s CD

This’d probably require a nerf to Clone Dodging, though.

This sounds awesome

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

Really? Do tell how you deal with cripple, chill, stun, and every other movement impairing condition as a Moa? How do I heal my wounds? How do I escape opponents without swiftness, or stealth, or a way to keep them still?

How can you possibly survive for 10 seconds of focus fire off of two evade rolls, and nothing else? Especially as a lower health class like the thief or elementalist?

It’s actually kind of funny that you mention entangle, because it just shows just how ridiculous Moa is.

Immobilize:

Exactly. When I said I “wait to die” I didn’t mean I just sit there and not try to do anything, of course I try hitting some of the Moa abilities, but unless the opponent has like 100hp left they’re hardly any actual use.

Broke on damage, eh?

Hah!

Then no Mesmer would use it. Why?

Our Clones at 80 do at least 1 damage when they attack, and we can’t control them. So we Moa someone, then a clone pokes it with their illusionary toothpick immediately after.
Thats not counting other sources of damage, say Bleeds, Ally AoEs, our own Bouncing attacks, etc.

That version of Moa would be worse then a Daze, potentially worse then a Blind, and definitely not worth the Elite slot for any reason.

Really? That’s your argument? It wouldn’t exactly be hard for them to make it so clones don’t attack Moa’d people.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Really? That’s your argument? It wouldn’t exactly be hard for them to make it so clones don’t attack Moa’d people.

Sure about that? Compare the rest of the pet code and how well that works.

in Mesmer

Hammerheart.1426

True, so Tome of Courage is overpowered compared to damaging Elites.
(The logic, sense it makes none)

Tome of Courage heals and protects, it doesn’t rip a Necromancer out of his elite skill, it isn’t a catch-all counter.

Look, I’m not trying to get the skill nerfed into oblivion, but the fact that it takes a Necro out of Lich/Plague just irks the ever loving kitten out of me.

Fix that, just that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Let’s see moa morph vs necromancer:
1. All minions despawn and set on cd (yes, also the elite flesh golem)
2. if he is in one of his forms (DS, Lich, Plague Cloud) they are canceled

To sum it up: your elite 1 button mash cancels out the elite of another class, and (depending on spec) sets all support abilities of the class on cd AND gives you 10 sec a free go on the necro.
And heck if you think you can dodge it, then cast it after you stealthed. Until the guy locates you again and reacts your moa moph goes off.

I cannot see how that’s balanced in any way. However, if you disagree, would you like to face a class which could put all your support abilities, your minion production on a 20sec-2min cd, cancels your elite skill and can beat you up for 10 sec on top of that? Nah, you do not need to answer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Asmodean

To sum it up: your elite 1 button mash cancels out the elite of another class, and (depending on spec) sets all support abilities of the class on cd AND gives you 10 sec a free go on the necro.
And heck if you think you can dodge it, then cast it after you stealthed. Until the guy locates you again and reacts your moa moph goes off.

I cannot see how that’s balanced in any way. However, if you disagree, would you like to face a class which could put all your support abilities, your minion production on a 20sec-2min cd, cancels your elite skill and can beat you up for 10 sec on top of that? Nah, you do not need to answer.

It’s an elite skill that has the POTENTIAL to cancel out another elite skill. What is the problem with that?

If it was a normal skill with a 30s CD that could cancel our your elite, then sure that’s an issue. But this is an elite, canceling another elite.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Asmodean

It’s an elite skill that has the POTENTIAL to cancel out another elite skill. What is the problem with that?

If it was a normal skill with a 30s CD that could cancel our your elite, then sure that’s an issue. But this is an elite, canceling another elite.

Nope.
This is an Elite which cancels all possible Elites plus makes your foe useless for 10 seconds.
If you don’t see the problem, you must be blind.

in Mesmer

Hammerheart.1426

I would like to hear your justification for granting Mesmers the only Elite skill that cancels out another. Mesmers are the only profession currently that has that capability.

It doesn’t mitigate it, it doesn’t make it less useful in some way, it flat out nullifies that Elite skill. No profession should have that power.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I would like to hear your justification for granting Mesmers the only Elite skill that cancels out another. Mesmers are the only profession currently that has that capability.

It doesn’t mitigate it, it doesn’t make it less useful in some way, it flat out nullifies that Elite skill. No profession should have that power.

Apparently it’s okay because it’s so weak no one uses it and you can dodge twice as the bird so it’s no problem, and time warp is a much stronger skill anyway so what drugs are people on?

At least with time warp you can stunbreak and use your skills.

The justification of people for this skill is laughable, this skill should’ve never existed.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

Honestly how often do you guys see this skill in action in tPvP? You are acting like it’s the bane of your existence.

I’ve seen it maybe once in the past two weeks and almost every comp has a mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shisx.1658

Shisx.1658

Apparently it’s okay because it’s so weak no one uses it and you can dodge twice as the bird so it’s no problem, and time warp is a much stronger skill anyway so what drugs are people on?

At least with time warp you can stunbreak and use your skills.

The justification of people for this skill is laughable, this skill should’ve never existed.

Situations occur when moa will be better than tw.
Like Thieves Guild will be better than Dagger Storm.

There is always the door.

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Honestly how often do you guys see this skill in action in tPvP? You are acting like it’s the bane of your existence.

I’ve seen it maybe once in the past two weeks and almost every comp has a mesmer.

Today I was moaed 6-7 times and I didn’t played so much.
Exactly, how much do you play sPvP/tPvP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

Couple hours a night. I don’t PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think having the minions for a necro die as soon as he’s moa’d is a bug. That should not happen, it’s overly penalizing to the necro in a way that lasts beyond the 10s moa. That doesn’t happen to the other classes and it should be fixed.

I also think an elite “form” skill should not be overriden by Moa. In that situation Moa should fail and be put on 5s c/d.

I doubt there is much argument against those points — it’s definitely unfair to the necro otherwise. Similarly it would be unfair to any elite form skill (norn elites, ele tornado, etc).

Those points aside, the standard moa arguements still apply. For the 10s you are a moa:

1. you can kite
2. you can run
3. you can dodge
4. you can use moa skills (one of which is a stun)

So even if you don’t avoid the elite in the first place (which is hard, I agree), you are not insta-killed, nor completely inept.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Rottaran Owain.6789

Those points aside, the standard moa arguements still apply. For the 10s you are a moa:

1. you can kite
2. you can run
3. you can dodge

1. No, you can’t effectively kite unless the mesmer lets you kite. You run equally as fast, or slower (if the mesmer has a speed buff of some kind)

2. You can’t run faster than the mesmer, and have no way of dealing with the numerous movement impairing skills. Most capture points in sPvP also are in notably wide-open areas without any real quick retreat options.

3. You’re going to need far more than two dodges to survive.

4. Most of the moa skills are terrible, and are also all very short range. You, as opposed to every other non-moa’d class, have no good way of closing the distance, and can’t switch to a ranged weapon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shisx.1658

Shisx.1658

1. you can kite
2. you can run
3. you can dodge

1. No, you can’t effectively kite unless the mesmer lets you kite. You run equally as fast, or slower (if the mesmer has a speed buff of some kind)

2. You can’t run faster than the mesmer, and have no way of dealing with the numerous movement impairing skills. Most capture points in sPvP also are in notably wide-open areas without any real quick retreat options.

3. You’re going to need far more than two dodges to survive.

4. Most of the moa skills are terrible, and are also all very short range. You, as opposed to every other non-moa’d class, have no good way of closing the distance, and can’t switch to a ranged weapon.

im 90% sure your base run speed is greater in moa form. pretty sure.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Ironically, if you made it so moa didn’t work on people in elite transforms…then any elite transform would nullify moa, which is an elite skill. Making it so most professions have the ability to nullify an elite skill.

Why not just make it so when you’re Moa’d your elite skill timer doesn’t tick down and you just return to your elite form when it wears off?

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Why not just remove Moa Morph in favour of a cool Elite? All 4 Shatter skills at once, 12 Clones instantly, 15s of Clones having 100% HP / 100% damage, stuff like that. Mesmery stuff.

in Mesmer

Hammerheart.1426

Ironically, if you made it so moa didn’t work on people in elite transforms…then any elite transform would nullify moa, which is an elite skill. Making it so most professions have the ability to nullify an elite skill.

Why not just make it so when you’re Moa’d your elite skill timer doesn’t tick down and you just return to your elite form when it wears off?

Except if you’re already moa’d, you can’t transform into a Lich. And even if you could, they’d fix THAT so it didn’t work either.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

u know what… i dont even care. the op does not even sound like a mesmer to me. idk how many times it has to be stated tw > moa infact tw> you. i never learned moa in pve and i dont think id ever use it in pvp unless i wanted to be a useless troll. in anycase go ahead and nerf it, i wouldnt care because i dont use it. infact as somone stated id rather have an elite that focused on illusions, kitten make me feel like queen jennah for a couple seconds.

ur QQing because you failed to evade a longkitten cc. u might as well QQ when a warrior lands a 100b combo on you. however im sure a warrior would be upset at 100b nerf. as i said multiple times i personally don’t care, and i doubt any good mesmers do.. to me i only have one elite. time warp.

also another reason i think you dont know what your talking about OP, you were asked what you feel about time wrap and you replied “I think it’s an awesome skill and I don’t mind it one bit, you can stunbreak from it, move out of the way and the rest of your skills are still available so it balances out.” ………………. umm how exactly does stunbreak save you from time wrap? or how does moving out of the way save you? u mean u are unable to skill while under it? seems like a case study on your toon or you do not even know what time wrap is.

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

your teamates (?)
and even IF, you get moae’d and your enemy tried to focus you down, all your teamates can likewise focus one of their enemy down while they’r busy throwing EEEVERYTHING at you

Immobilize:

You seriously have no idea of how Grouvp Vs Group fight works?
you should seriously try playing some Dota 2 or any other kind of Moba game, and learn some basics about 5v5 fights and find out what would be better

While u’r moae’d u can Run/Dodge/Attack while the rest of your team can help you with heals/buffs/etc

if u Snared all your enemy team, they cant’ run, they can’t evade, they can only cast skills and attack IF you and your team didnt kill them off already or at least 1 or 2 targets, plus the continous interrupts and such
since it cant neither be broken until you destroy the vines, wich makes you focus on something else other than your enemy for at least 4~5 strikes

have you even seen Entangle working on a 5v5 fight? or even better on a WvW scale fight?

Even on a 1v1 Sceneraio moa can only kill some1 if the person is dumb enough to stand still and not try to run it off because mesmer’s lack snare/slows/stuns that last long enough to kill a moving target

in Mesmer

Rottaran Owain.6789

You seriously have no idea of how Grouvp Vs Group fight works?
you should seriously try playing some Dota 2 or any other kind of Moba game, and learn some basics about 5v5 fights and find out what would be better

While u’r moae’d u can Run/Dodge/Attack while the rest of your team can help you with heals/buffs/etc

if u Snared all your enemy team, they cant’ run, they can’t evade, they can only cast skills and attack IF you and your team didnt kill them off already or at least 1 or 2 targets, plus the continous interrupts and such
since it cant neither be broken until you destroy the vines, wich makes you focus on something else other than your enemy for at least 4~5 strikes

have you even seen Entangle working on a 5v5 fight? or even better on a WvW scale fight?

Even on a 1v1 Sceneraio moa can only kill some1 if the person is dumb enough to stand still and not try to run it off because mesmer’s lack snare/slows/stuns that last long enough to kill a moving target

Funny you should mention Mobas, because battles where the whole team is there rarely happen in them. 5v5 fights don’t happen in 5v5 games. They’re at most 3v3 if people are playing smart.

I’ve seen plenty of rangers use entangle. It’s not hard for most classes to get out. Either they destroy the roots quickly, or they cure the condition, or they use a shadowstep move of some sort.

Moa turns 3v3 fights into effectively 2v3, 2v2 into 2v1. As a moa, your abilities are horribly weak, especially if you’re not a high power build.

Regardless of its power, it takes control of the battle completely away from the victim for an extended period with no counter. This alone is unforgivable in a competitive game.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Yes but 3v3 is a necessity of battle tactics in AoSes.
In other words if I could, I would never fight 3v3, I’d always fight 4v3 or even better 5v3. Or actually even better, 5v1/5v2, hitting the people not with the 3 running up together.

However, due to the specific layout of the maps that is often not allowed.

One reason even in small encounters in WvW Moa is so pointless is that not only has it no strategic impact (it doesn’t take a castle, defend a door or even break an oil pot), but it’s also very easy to just pick a better fight.
In WvW it’s always possible to simply use a superior strategic position. To not fight the risky or losing battle, unless you’re pushed to the spawn point.

sPvP usually offers this, too, but tPvP has a combination of map size and team size which frequently disallows it.

Considering GW2’s focus on AE effects and overpowering single abilities (since this empowers PvE and WvW), I’m not exactly sure it’s a good idea to use tPvP as an example of what PvP is supposed to look like.

in Mesmer

Rottaran Owain.6789

Considering GW2’s focus on AE effects and overpowering single abilities (since this empowers PvE and WvW), I’m not exactly sure it’s a good idea to use tPvP as an example of what PvP is supposed to look like.

Different types of PvP don’t need to have the same rulesets for abilities. Plenty of abilities had different effects between PvP, and PvE in GW1, I don’t see why it can’t be any different here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jahaudant.9267

Jahaudant.9267

Sure about that? Compare the rest of the pet code and how well that works.

In reply to both your comments about break on damage…

I don’t believe you appreciate the value of a 10 second CC on a mid duration cooldown, even when it breaks on damage. Think organized fights and 1v2+.

As for your pet behavior argument it doesn’t even apply… Clones and Illusions attack who we target when summoning them.. there’s nothing complicated about it. Once that target dies so do the pets. Any instances of a clone breaking your Moa would completely be the fault of the Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Zogyark.4597

u know what… i dont even care. the op does not even sound like a mesmer to me. idk how many times it has to be stated tw > moa infact tw> you. i never learned moa in pve and i dont think id ever use it in pvp unless i wanted to be a useless troll. in anycase go ahead and nerf it, i wouldnt care because i dont use it. infact as somone stated id rather have an elite that focused on illusions, kitten make me feel like queen jennah for a couple seconds.

ur QQing because you failed to evade a longkitten cc. u might as well QQ when a warrior lands a 100b combo on you. however im sure a warrior would be upset at 100b nerf. as i said multiple times i personally don’t care, and i doubt any good mesmers do.. to me i only have one elite. time warp.

also another reason i think you dont know what your talking about OP, you were asked what you feel about time wrap and you replied “I think it’s an awesome skill and I don’t mind it one bit, you can stunbreak from it, move out of the way and the rest of your skills are still available so it balances out.” ………………. umm how exactly does stunbreak save you from time wrap? or how does moving out of the way save you? u mean u are unable to skill while under it? seems like a case study on your toon or you do not even know what time wrap is.

Ok so saying you never learned moa discredits your reply, now we can move on.

I never QQ when warriors land 100 blades on me, because it rarely happens, I simply stunbreak or use a stun on him. Can’t see why people don’t understand the difference even after 2 pages of discussion.

Saying you only have one elite skill means you still haven’t mastered the class, how can you call yourself a true mesmer then? You always bring Time Warp even when defending a capture point? What a tool.

If you don’t understand how stunbreaks work or how moving out of the time warp field helps then I have no help for you.

70hrs on my mesmer here + I played one all the three BWEs, I know very well how they work, much more than you it seems.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

I am very amused at all of you complaining about Moa. Very amused. At least as long as you’re complaining in the forums, you’re not in the game. I guess I’m just glad that of the elite skills you decided to kitten about, you picked Moa instead of Time Warp.

in Mesmer

ConterK.3972

Funny you should mention Mobas, because battles where the whole team is there rarely happen in them. 5v5 fights don’t happen in 5v5 games. They’re at most 3v3 if people are playing smart.

I’ve seen plenty of rangers use entangle. It’s not hard for most classes to get out. Either they destroy the roots quickly, or they cure the condition, or they use a shadowstep move of some sort.

Moa turns 3v3 fights into effectively 2v3, 2v2 into 2v1. As a moa, your abilities are horribly weak, especially if you’re not a high power build.

Regardless of its power, it takes control of the battle completely away from the victim for an extended period with no counter. This alone is unforgivable in a competitive game.

1 – 5v5 fights happen all the time in Mobas, at least in competitive/high lvl matches, why fight with only 3 when you have 5 players in your team? lol

2 – yeah in sPvP ther’s rarely 5v5 fights since other people are roaming/capping enemy points, wich make moa even EASIER to survive, since ther’s gnna be even less people targeting you/stunning/slowing/snaring you

3 – u cant cure the snare from entangle, neithe break it with stun break abilities, you have to destroy the vines, wich makes you waste a bunch of attacks of them, attacks that arent hitting you or your allies, giving you or your allies more time to, run/kill/cap points/steal bosses/etc

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

Ok so saying you never learned moa discredits your reply, now we can move on.

I never QQ when warriors land 100 blades on me, because it rarely happens, I simply stunbreak or use a stun on him. Can’t see why people don’t understand the difference even after 2 pages of discussion.

Saying you only have one elite skill means you still haven’t mastered the class, how can you call yourself a true mesmer then? You always bring Time Warp even when defending a capture point? What a tool.

If you don’t understand how stunbreaks work or how moving out of the time warp field helps then I have no help for you.

70hrs on my mesmer here + I played one all the three BWEs, I know very well how they work, much more than you it seems.

1 again idc about moa. and 2 even if you move out of time wrap field…the person being affected by it already has quickness and can still burst ur face, if they happen to be long ranged……………………………….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

This looks like one of many Learn the mechanics/Learn to play posts that appear on all the forums.

A skill is not “OP” when it’s effectiveness changes depending on your skill and knowledge in a game, in this case guild wars 2. It is only an issue when you know what it is, how it works and still cannot work out any counter for it.

The only guaranteed way to get it to land properly, is combining it with other cooldowns involving stealth. If it is a 1v1 situation and a mesmer uses it when your at full health they are not going to burst you down so it’s simply a control method they can use once during a fight.

If it’s 2v1 then it doesnt matter, unless your expecting to win vs 2 players of equal skill level you are sorely mistaken.

The classes are well balanced so far with minor tweaks being needed, learn the mechanics of them all before posting comments like this.

The only issues Ive come across are in relation to the thief, the class itself is not OMG OP but there is an issue … and it does apply to other classes just less, and that is the latency and rendering issues that occur in WvW meaning sometimes you can be destroyed before they are visable, class isnt broken just the game mechanics are fudged a bit at the moment. I bring that up as an issue as you are playing a class were moa morph removes your pets, which is a simple bug and does not make it “OP” and if you fail to avoid it then it is 9 times out of ten a learning issue. Using 2 ability resources in order to increase the chance to actually successfully cast it, for what it does is more than acceptable for an ultimate. Timewarp is far superior anyway.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

(edited by Cub Discus Gig.2176)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

2 things…

1) am I the only one who fights as a Moa? I mean c’mon!! Damage that scales from all your stats?!! I’ve hit mesmers for almost 3k as a Moa, so please, Moa morph me, I kitten dare you.

2) I swear to god I’m the only Mesmer that uses mass invisibility….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

2 things…

1) am I the only one who fights as a Moa? I mean c’mon!! Damage that scales from all your stats?!! I’ve hit mesmers for almost 3k as a Moa, so please, Moa morph me, I kitten dare you.

Nope, they’re too busy whining about how it’s kittening their DPS.

2) I swear to god I’m the only Mesmer that uses mass invisibility….

Highly possible, yes. Time Warp is just too much crack to let go.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

@Durzilla: Nah you’re not alone. At least in solo/un-co-ordinated PvP

If the fight is looking bad; timewarp encourages you to stand your ground and spam attacks without dodging; frequently getting prematurely perforated in the process. It’s a big gamble

If the fight is going well, blowing your cooldown would be a waste.

Conversely, if the fight is looking bad for you, mass invisibility will guarantee you (And any beaten up allies) can make a tactical treat to recover and rejoin the fight… or just run away, but either way it’s almost always preferable to be not-dead

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kubelecer.8219

Kubelecer.8219

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL AND LOCK THIS THREAD.
He already refused to use common sense and his brain so why bother, let him spill his tears out because he is bad. If he wants that let him do that, it’s none of our buisness that he is not good enough, it’s his personal issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

@Durzilla: Nah you’re not alone. At least in solo/un-co-ordinated PvP

If the fight is looking bad; timewarp encourages you to stand your ground and spam attacks without dodging; frequently getting prematurely perforated in the process. It’s a big gamble

If the fight is going well, blowing your cooldown would be a waste.

Conversely, if the fight is looking bad for you, mass invisibility will guarantee you (And any beaten up allies) can make a tactical treat to recover and rejoin the fight… or just run away, but either way it’s almost always preferable to be not-dead

Yeah i just don’t see a use for timewarp, it’s like we’re either going to blow it and then force to not stand in it due to the unholy amount of AOEs that’ll be raining down into it, or we’ll pop it and completely stomp them like we would’ve without it… not to mention it’s a ridiculously long CD, where timewarp is only 90s

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Anyone who stays in a fight while beeing transformed into a Moa bird = A Idiot,
in fact if u look up idiot into the dictionary is says: “a person who stays in a fight while beeing transformed into a moa bird”

/joke off

im serious run away if u are a moa, its an elite skill with a long cooldown.
If u run away at least the skill is wasted.

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Mesmer

Zogyark.4597

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL AND LOCK THIS THREAD.
He already refused to use common sense and his brain so why bother, let him spill his tears out because he is bad. If he wants that let him do that, it’s none of our buisness that he is not good enough, it’s his personal issue.

You say I’m bad when you’re the one whining about the best PvP class in the game lol go back to PvE buddy or some more QQing to make the class playable, people like you make me laugh.

And I already explained why this skill is not right if you’ve failed to read, Bringing the attention to Anet to make at least some changes if not completely remove it, which many agree with it shouldn’t do some things it does.

Dodge while in Moa? You only have 2 if you’re lucky,
Dodge before Moa? Gl pulling that off against a good mesmer
Run? Sure the enemy will just let you run lol really
Stunbreak? You can’t
Attack? Have fun getting killed faster
Utilties? You can’t
Elite? Overwritten or you can’t.

GG.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Mesmer

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

What if I told you mesmers were a utility class?

You’re mind would finally be able to comprehend why we have certain abilities.

Our job is support dps, and to Buff/Debuff and CC.

Moa, while powerfull, is not OP, is not uber leet, and is not used by all mesmers.

The fact is, moa is a powerful elite skill. You should not be able to break out of it, because of the fact it’s an elite skill with a long cooldown, and is personally only used when the other team only has a really good guardian that we need to lock down.

Otherwise, Time Warp is generally more used in PVP, and if you get moa’d and possibly killed, sorry, but too bad. My warrior friend gets angered easily by mesmers but the fact is, he thinks he can just charge in and bash their brains in without any issues because he’s a mighty warrior, and this guy has been playing mmo’s for years.

TL;DR: Mesmers are not op, we provide utility to a group. Most of our abilities have a long CD, so get over it.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]