Another Mesmer Moa Bird Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

What are you talking about?
1. The mesmer can cast the duelist every 15 kittening seconds. Also if you focus on the duelist leaving the mesmer alone, you’ll probably see it again when you are a Moa. Seriously, how am I supposed to kill a Duelist in 2 seconds, which is the time the Mesmer needs to cast Moa when stealthed?

Mayb attacking it? landing 2 normal hits, poof! duelist gone
if duelist gone and u get moaed, Poff! mesmer has no damage to kill you anyways

LEARN TO PLAY AGAINST A MESMER, and u’ll beat mesmers

2. Sooo. You are saying to run to outrange the Unload… Do you realize how stupid is that thing? First, you are assuming that the Mesmer won’t follow you, second you are leaving the objective (trebuchet, node) which is your main target, third you can’t deal damage if you outrange the unload, you know? Also we are considering only the Illusionary Unload, did you know that Mesmers have other 7 skills excluding Moa, Heal and Duelist? We are making theories on the hypothetic case that the mesmer is doing nothing except casting Illusionary Duelist, which I think it won’t happen in any fight.

have u even tried using Gun offhand on a mesmer?
u realize ther’s no other real DPS skill with that build other than duelist,
mesmers normal attack with 1 hand sword sucks DPSwise!
freakin try it be4 posting, jesus christ!
or is that mesmer going to kill you with the gun stun? lol!
or the scepter normal hits? how abt the scepter block? LOL

3. So, the best counter to Moa is to run? Wow, that’s what the mesmer wants! Is he defending a point? No problem, Moa and you are forced to run away to counter it. Are you capping a point? Moa! Are you trying to destroy a trebuchet? Moa! Are you using the trebuchet and a Mesmer came to destroy it? Moa! Did you know that the goal of sPvP isn’t killing people?
Really, either your point of view is extremely biased or you don’t know what sPvP is.

1, he’s defending a point, he moa’s u, u run away for 7s, come back during the 3s u have moa left, boom! u have a MOA less mesmer to kill and u still have ur elite
2, u’r capping and get moa’d, run out the 10s, comeback, kitten the mesmer with your own elite
3, you try to destroy a treb, and he moa’s you > he stoped using the treb = win for you > u run off the 10s and he follows you = he leaves the treb = you win! > u stay there the 10s and he tries to kill you = he’s not using the treb = you win! > u run the 10s and he doesnt follow you = you comeback with elite and kitten him = you win!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

NEXT POST —-——————-

Did I mentioned Illusionary Duelist? Was the subject of that sentence the Illusionary Duelist? You know, the Mesmer can deal damage from himself damage.
I think there are serious understanding problems here.

you know, for a person who says that knows EVERYTHING about mesmers, you lack quite a LOT of knowledge about it
the only point of Gun offhand is the duelist, single hand sword dmg sucks only the 2nd skill is usefull because it makes u invulnerable BUT it stops u in place so people can still dodge it

Looks like you jumped a fondamental part of my sentence, which is “in 2 seconds”. You know, if you aren’t specced in glass cannon builds, it isn’t too easy to kill that illusion in 2 seconds, assuming that you have lightning reflexes to react the stealth in a fraction of a second.

if u’r not a glass cannon (wich is not required to kill an illusion in 2~3 hits)
u’r spected as a Tank, wich means u wont die from 1 duelist, duh!
you keep surprising me with your badiness

Let’s get straight.
If the Mesmer decides to fight me, I’m dead. One snare is more enough to prevent me escaping.

If the Mesmer let me run away, I’ve lost a precious occasion to kill the Mesmer, I’ve probably wasted my Elite which is on cooldown also and the Mesmer saved his kitten with just one skill. Well, tell me which skill has the power to save your kitten in one cast not considering Moa, please.

if the mesmer decides to fight you, you can just run away

Mesmers have only 1 snare and it comes from 1-handed sword and it last 2s
and the DPS from 1handed sword SUCKS!
go and try it and see for urself

1-handed sword is mostly a defensive weapon because it makes u invulnerable!

What if the Mesmer is defending a point? He disables you for 10 seconds with one skill, more then enough time for the friendlies to come to help, without considering that it isn’t even needed in a 1vs1 situation, because the Mesmer can leave the node unprotected to kill you, if he wants. What if the Mesmer is attacking a point protected by a single player? Moa will force them to run or die, so that skill means a sure cap.
What if the Mesmer is defending the trebuchet? Moa is enough to solve the situation.

Don’t answer to just one case I proposed, answer them all.

i already answered all this situations be4

Mesmer defending a point:
if he disables you for 10s and their friends come, where are your friends?
they’r calling 5 people to kill 1, the rest of your team can cap the other 2 points, win for your team!

if they dont come, you can run away, mesmers dont have enough snares to kill a running target, and once the moa is over you can fight back with your elite

Mesmer attacking a point:
u cant cap a point in 10s, plus just by standing inside the circle u can prevent the capping
looks like some1 is not doing as much sPvP as he says he does!

Mesmer defending trebuchet:
the fact that he stops using the trebuchet to moa is already a good thing for your team, he’s not trebbing ur teamates and after 10s of running u can come back and finish the mesmer with your elite

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordXy.4278

LordXy.4278

every class has a weakness instead of crying about their unique features in the forums why not gain more experience and try figuring them out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

So what I get from this thread is…

1. Moa should be fixed so it doesn’t cancel out elite skills.
2. Moa should not cancel out any pets.
3. Sorrow is bad.

2 and 3 are quite obvious, yes.
1, on the other hand, is fine because Blind and Block both cancel out Moa.

It should suppress the Elite for its duration, but not remove it if it’s longer (I think that’s Plague?).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

Moa is overpowered. Time Warp is overpowered. Portal is overpowered. Phantasms are overpowered. What next?

It’s funny, because the one that I’ve been saying is Overpowered since BWE1 is Blurred Frenzy. 8 second cooldown (first tier trait of course), on a 2 second invulnerability on a fairly decent damaging move… is a little much. It’s good, but almost feels like it’s too good, you know?

Moa? Definitely not. Portal… meh, outside of treb repair runs, not really? Time Warp is quite good and a fair bit of fun being in it. I could see the size being dropped down a little bit on it as compensation, without ever nerfing the effect.

And then there’s Blurred Frenzy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Okay, so Blurred Frenzy is overpowered lol. Anything else? In hindsight, I’d probably take Portal out of that list. I don’t think I’ve ever used Portal outside of PVP (except that one time I had to help this fatty get through the gap in the wall) and even then, it’s rarely in my skills bar.

I’m a bit bleh towards Time Warp. Unless we’re all in a zerg fest and bunched together, it’s usually ineffective, at least when I lay it down. I probably need more practice.

I don’t know my way around the Mesmer profession as well as other people and I’m sure there’re still some tweaks and bugs that need to be taken care of but I’m getting pretty tired of the “THIS IS OP, NERF NERF NERF!” threads. I mean, look at the thread about Phantasms being overpowered. It’s nice when one profession gets bumped down a notch but what about those people who play X class? Where does that leave them? All because, what? You lost in a few PVP matches? That wasn’t referring solely to Mesmers btw! I meant in general!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh wait, so you are suggesting to fight as a Moa? Have you actually tried it?
I did, 3-4 seconds after I was dead.
Please, try it out before suggesting people to do things everyone know don’t work.

If you are combusting in 4s, you would do so whether you are Moa’d or not.
At that amount of incoming damage, the only thing which could help you is invulnerability. And even that tends to not be as readily available, meaning you’d still be dead the moment it ends.

Stop making up situations.
You are presenting the situation as if you’d kill the Mesmer easily without Moa, then he floors you in 4s, ideally solo, when he uses Moa. If that’d be the case, yes, Moa would be horrendously overpowered.
Only problem is, that’s not actually what is happening. And we all know that in this thread, and so do you. But this being the anonymous internet you don’t care, exaggerate it a fair amount and voilá, 1 Mesmer Whine ready to go.

What is actually happening is that you were being killed in 10s by a team. Moa turned it into a 4s kill. You were dead in both situations.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winterfell.8915

Winterfell.8915

Moa, OP no.

You can run, you can dodge, LoS while being a moa. 3vs3 2vs2. Other player can keep you alive, using buffs -_-

Mesmer superior then Warr?? No, equal players, got equal chances.

I take moa before TW in tournaments, why? I like playing solo, taking bases alone, fighting vs 2 or more. It can be a win xD Or give you the time for backup.

Can be a pain if your in steatlh and the last 0,1 sec of the cast time, the enemy just dodge. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Wait, so moa is op? When did this happen?
I regularly bait mesmers into using this on my thief, i LoS for 10 secs and work out which is the real mesmer and summon my Thieves Guild elite and focus the real one using the shortbow and let my elite kill the mesmer while the #1 skill on the shortbow takes all the illusions out of the equation ensuring my elite focuses the mesmer.
Speaking as a thief, Moa is not op, if you get killed in it, its because you got rooted in place while another class burst you down. Anyone running moa with a confusion build would be counterproductive.

I’ve done this on my thief as well I main a thief but playing a mesmer mainly because of how different they are from traditional casters.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Explicit.3489

Explicit.3489

If you’re dying in moa, you are either bad, afk or focused (probably going to die anyway – but this ELITE SKILL WITH A 3 MINUTE COOLDOWN THAT IS ENTIRELY DODGEABLE AND INTERRUPTABLE ensures the kill, as it should)

Run when Moa’d, profit.

Get chased while Moa’d, profit. (Waste the enemies time and elite skill)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

the moa morph skills is one of the most hilarious things i’ve ever seen and done to an enemy.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

This is the most OP skill in GW2. A mesmer could only land this and get a free win.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

This is the most OP skill in GW2. A mesmer could only land this and get a free win.

Way to skip the entire contents of the thread, all the meaningful discussion, the recent patch notes AND revive a long dead thread.

You sir are clearly a necromancer… a necromancer of dead topics and flogged horses :p

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Way to skip the entire contents of the thread, all the meaningful discussion, the recent patch notes AND revive a long dead thread.

You sir are clearly a necromancer… a necromancer of dead topics and flogged horses :p

Whats that? We are bring back this thread? Ok.

Moa is hilarious, I use it all the time because I know people hate it. Half the time I don’t bother to chase them since they gave it that gtfo move. It is however, a horribly ineffective move compared to time warp. Even without teammates ten seconds of quickness > ten seconds laughing at one enemy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Even after the nerf i still use it, i love it, its funny and useful, time warp just has waaaaaaaay too much cooldown.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Actually, he’s a timelord, he was writing this 2 months ago while he was waiting for the tardis to travel through time and just hit the submit button recently.

Playable Tengu please!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Moa is hilarious, I use it all the time because I know people hate it. Half the time I don’t bother to chase them since they gave it that gtfo move. It is however, a horribly ineffective move compared to time warp. Even without teammates ten seconds of quickness > ten seconds laughing at one enemy.

Any place I can see the new skills of moa? Which hotkey is the “gtfo move”?

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Any place I can see the new skills of moa? Which hotkey is the “gtfo move”?

It isn’t on the wiki (I don’t they ever were) but skill five now sprints you away really fast and far, more than 1200 range away. Just play pvp and hope mesmers still use moa.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Moa is great 1v1, but not an I win. You can still act as a moa, even if those acts are not ideal. Time warp is often a far better alternative, and frankly, a thief with seemingly endless stealth because of culling issues seems far more frightening to me.

I’d rather face a mesmer than a thief any day.