Anyone trying torment on shatter trait?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’ve been playing with it for a while tonight. Feels like it has promise.

I’m not great at shattering yet, but I have stacked up to 12 torment stacks (in conjunction with other skills).

Just wondering if anyone else is testing it and what you see so far.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yep. I’m using torment runes and sigils on a full rabid set. I’m getting around 15 stacks max (more if my friendly venom share Thief is with me). I’m finding it particularly good for small group roaming in WvW. Promising indeed.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

How much does 15 stacks do per tick?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

6k if you’ve got 2kish ConD.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

6k if you’ve got 2kish ConD.

kitten

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

One of my guildmates combined this with some confusion proc traits…..the results were disgustingly hilarious.

You have to give up PU to pull it off though. Devs did a decent job of forcing a choice there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Video’s please, id love to see it in action, I cant exactly afford new runes/gearsets right now to test in wuv wuv =p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

One of my guildmates combined this with some confusion proc traits…..the results were disgustingly hilarious.

You have to give up PU to pull it off though. Devs did a decent job of forcing a choice there.

Sorry, which confusion proc traits you are talking about? Let me try it later when I get home.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I tried it today with full torment rune and sigil but 15 stacks is a bit hard to achieve. Could you give me some tip? A bit hard to generate 3 waves of shatter right now…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

Playing a 4/4/0/0/6 Condi-Shatter with Runes of the Nightmare and Sigil of Doom and Energy on both Scepter/Torch and Staff in PvP. The combination of confusion, torment and retaliation is great. I will run it till I’m tired of people killing themselfes. ^-^

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

(edited by Yunalesca.9850)

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I guess ppl will no longer try to run away from mesmers anymore I guess. Dat torment.
I should try that trait.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

Well the clones have to hit to apply the torment, and you can just run away from them…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Arcane thievery is my best friend now <3

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Now that empowered mantras and harmonious mantras have switched places in the domination / dueling trait lines you can play this build ….

Have fun

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAW7al0npRtlpxINcrNicqA0h6x1BeAQpH42FCAA-z0BBYhCyk3wUHBKFtIas11FRjVJjIqWpEjUALKNC-w

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I tried it today with full torment rune and sigil but 15 stacks is a bit hard to achieve. Could you give me some tip? A bit hard to generate 3 waves of shatter right now…

I achieved 15 stacks mostly testing on PvE mobs. However, I did hit 15 stacks on one player in WvW last night, but it was one of those players that does not dodge, cleanse or even kite, so basically no difference to a PvE mob.

To get 15 stacks, I was running 20/20/0/0/30 with condi duration food + torment duration from the runeset. I did it with two waves of shatter, illusionary counter, Power Return (so the AoE torment of the rune set is instant cast) and then 2 procs from the sigil. I need to spend more time with it though, as I imagine there’s probably a better way of doing it. Realistically, you’re looking at 9 stacks AoE if you mange to land two full shatters + heal proc + sigil proc.

It’s fun to play a more active condition build, but it is stuck with many of the limitations of traditional shatter. Most people will naturally kite out of the range of your clones sent to shatter unless you’re using Illusionary Leap, which in itself has some easily exploitable flaws for your opponent to avoid a full root+shatter. It is very very good for small group roaming though, as you essentially become a walking torment bomb.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: zachpower.2961

zachpower.2961

Can anyone post the builds they’ve been trying this with including the trait choices they made, because ive near enough been running the blackwater build in pvp but swapped out the toughness line for the condition line to have the torment on shatter effect and was working alright but not great when i have taken it to WvW

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Most common seem to be x/4/4/x/6, but the only requirement is x/4/x/x/6. The rest of the points can be spent in domination, chaos or inspiration. Most common weapons are sc/p and staff

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: zachpower.2961

zachpower.2961

yea i was running 4/4/x/x/6 with scepter/torch and then sword/pistol wasnt doing too bad pvp but like i said the WvW hasnt been great with it just curious to see other peoples success with it, hopefully some videos will be up soon of people trying it before i spend loads on new runes and sigils

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m trying a 0/0/6/2/6 build

I’m sooo slow in WvW after having travelers and blink. And I’m really trying to get my head away from the “burst them down” mentality that I had with my phantasm build.

But I like trying new builds, so I want to see if I can make this work

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Honestly my friend told me that this was OP and after using it, I really believe condi shatter has a chance at being amazing in 1v1s. The amount of torment is disgusting. So now every time I fight a mes I will probably have arcane thievery now <_<

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Tbh, I think traveler + condi build is totally viable. The speed always extremely valuable for any roamer and the condi duration, + stats both benefit us! just like the boon duration.

I’m on holiday atm but will when I get home do some solid testing of my condi shatter build I been experimenting with, if the bounce mechanic finally get fixed for staff clones as well we might have a superb mix of burst and pressure.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

How many stacks of torment per illusion shattered?

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Osi Anet knows about the staff clones not bouncing. Hopefully we can expect a fix in a few days

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

How many stacks of torment per illusion shattered?

1 per illusion, AoE

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

If we have a fix for staff clones I have a a plan to use the new fire on heal runes with food and similes to get 100% + to burn. This will give double effect of staff clones burn (2)sec. This pressure will be fantastic, topped of with torment shatter and poison sigils I expect ppl to be unsure what condis to clear.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Last night, I had a warrior impale on me. So, I fully bursted him with every shatter and he had 6 stacks of torment on him. He also triggered my scepter block so that’s 11. Finally, I used arcane thievery to make it 16 stacks of torment for 6 seconds. Man, this trait is fun :P (the warrior melted In 3 seconds since that’s about 7-8 damage per tick lol)

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

None of this is viable in PvE right? I’m trying to find what builds I should be practicing as I level from 60-80. So far, nothing is PvE viable yet.

I guess what I’m getting at is, torment isn’t something you focus on in PvE right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

So I ran condi shatter for about an hour last night so I don’t have enough play to give an in depth opinion but my initial impressions were good. I had a couple funny fights with two warriors (one of which was hambow). They did not see what was coming at all. If you land the rotations right you can get some pretty high torment stacks. And I love that all of the shatters apply torment. So even the more defensive ones can be used offensively as well. The build certainly looks to be good in it’s current state. And if they ever truly fix the IE trait it will be amazing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Sorry, which confusion proc traits you are talking about? Let me try it later when I get home.

You can trait for Confusion on shatters.

You can trait for Confusion on Blind. (and also trait for Blind on foes in glamours)

All these are in the Illusion tree.

Combine these with the Torment on shatter, sprinkle with other condition application (hint: Doom/Torment/Earth sigils), and watch people react with a mix of panic and dismay.

But to pull it off you will have to either give up PU or Deceptive Evasion. Like I said before, a good job on the Dev’s part at forcing a pretty major choice.

Either way a new build type for people to complain about. I’m just waiting for the fix to Illusionary Elasticity and staff clones.

The rivers of tears will be delicious.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

I ran it with GS, scepter/torch to nice effect (GS providing some needed cc). I heard the the #6 ability on Rune of the Krait is meant to be on heal, in which case I’ll try it too.

Finally, does this skill make a Rampager-geared hybrid shatter viable?

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Bunda I’m gearing a rampager build now, I’ll post my findings.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

None of this is viable in PvE right? I’m trying to find what builds I should be practicing as I level from 60-80. So far, nothing is PvE viable yet.

I guess what I’m getting at is, torment isn’t something you focus on in PvE right?

I saw a shatter mesmer in cm using the torment. I almost cried. then I noticed the other one was doing the same thing. THEN I CRIED. thankfully I was a zerker guardian and the other 2 were zerker wars and we carried them along, watching them do nothing as we melted everything in less than 3 seconds.

mes 1 staff / swordtorch – Mes 2 Staff sceptretorch

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Mesmer

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

I saw a shatter mesmer in cm using the torment. I almost cried. then I noticed the other one was doing the same thing. THEN I CRIED. thankfully I was a zerker guardian and the other 2 were zerker wars and we carried them along, watching them do nothing as we melted everything in less than 3 seconds.

mes 1 staff / swordtorch – Mes 2 Staff sceptretorch

OKay, thanks for confirmation. Back to feeling useless in dungeons I guess (the first few anyway).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Been playing around with a shatter build for WvW capitalizing on stacking torment it seems to do ok agaist the norm but against anyone with heavy condi removal it runs into problems, same as most condi builds i guess.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I don’t like that it competes with IP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

OKay, thanks for confirmation. Back to feeling useless in dungeons I guess (the first few anyway).

I would argue we are useful in projectile heavy environments but things die so quickly now that it doesnt really matter.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Build that I’m running atm, could anyone please improve it somehow? I’m running double torment sigil and double energy sigils, with harmonious mantra and mender’s purity to free up a condition cleansing utility slot for mirror images. And torment shatter in illusions GM of course.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAW7al0npRtlpxTNcrNicqA0h6x1BeAQpH42FCAA-z0BBINCyk3w0HBKHqIas11FRjVXDTHjIqmUAQMNC-w

I’m also thinking about vigorous revelations to get perma vigor but I need to slot back mantra of resolve for it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I just tried it.

Went 0/20/20/0/30 (0/4/4/0/6 in current standards)

I was in sPvP though, and it was…. Underwhelming.

I was very excited for the trait

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

0/6/0/2/6 for WvW, seems to work pretty well with dire gear (especially in a ZvZ environment) – survival is really nice, and the condi damage is pretty good too. Double sigil of torment, staff with bursting as 2nd, GS with strength as 2nd (too cheap to buy another bursting lol, already had it in the GS for some reason).

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAW7al0npRtlpxINcrNicqA0h6x1BeAQpH42FCAA-z0BBYhCyk3wUHBKFtIas11FRjVJjIqWpEjUALKNC-w

The GM traits are the Harmonious Mantras and the Torment GM trait in Illusions.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: OJ For Prez.8254

OJ For Prez.8254

Do you think it would be a good idea to put Sigil of Torment and Sigil of Intelligence on each set of weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Going to shamelessly self-promote by necroing this old thread.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/WvW-condi-shatter-roaming-dueling-build/first#post3524235

Build works very well with the new torment trait.

Second Child

in Mesmer

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Do you think it would be a good idea to put Sigil of Torment and Sigil of Intelligence on each set of weapons?

Not really, since sigil of torment has 5s CD and each illusion shatter count as one attack. You basically used up all 3 critical hits with just one torment proc.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAraGlknpMtNqhbtRETKIOkD1jrD8AgSKstLE-zUCBYhCi0CgUHBKFtIas11FRjVJLQaZwqbY6YJlUAwMNC-w

second sigil on staff is energy.

Been rolling many outnumbered fights with this build.

Ida

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I tried a 0/6/0/2/6 build with rabbid and staff/sc-torch or sw/focus – sce/torch last evening and it was ok in 1v1. Agains’t any decent group, it becomes totaly useless. I couldn’t really stack torment or whatever. Power shatter is still better, by far imo.

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

I tried a 0/6/0/2/6 build with rabbid and staff/sc-torch or sw/focus – sce/torch last evening and it was ok in 1v1. Agains’t any decent group, it becomes totaly useless. I couldn’t really stack torment or whatever. Power shatter is still better, by far imo.

For groups, I’ve found it better running GS over sc-t or sw-focus imo – you have more AOE, and the clones/phants are summoned in the enemy group and don’t have far to run for your shatter.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Firestarr.4518

Firestarr.4518

I for one am definitely liking the new torment added to shatter. I am face-rolling stuff on PVE as well. The update was far from perfect but I am having fun with this new trait. I am hopeful us mesmers will get what we have been asking for with all the bug fixes. Anyways, until then have fun all.