[BUILD] Corrupt Condition Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

I probably have no reason to say this and probably am gonna get bashed for it maybe,
but I dont really think this is that much different than most PU build. I know you tried to get rid of PU to be different and somewhat efficient in other areas, but I just get this vibe that this build will not do so well against builds that do have PU. Again, i might be entirely wrong. Just keep working hard is all Im asking from you!

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

kk will keep at it. I’ll keep updating to let you guys know of any changes. Curently I am thinking of switching the heal skill to the mantra one, but that will take some trait revising to be actually worth it. And you have every right to say it, I value anyone’s viewpoint because ultimately it will improve my build tenfold.

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Just a thought, you are taking a torch and mostly stealth utilities, however you don’t take prismatic understanding, giving yourself lower stealth durations and you miss out on the aegis (block) protection (33% less damage I think?) and regeneration(more healing for survivability), which kind of lowers the worth of the stealth you receive.

As you like the mantra’s perhaps it might be worth taking 10 points out of chaos and putting them into domination and for XI Harmonious Mantra’s, as you mention that you believe they have a lot of potential and this would give them an extra charge, then perhaps change veil to mantra of distraction/concentration, giving you stability and stun breaks, or dazing your opponents giving you a bit more breathing room,

you would still have your stealth from torch 4, decoy and mass invisibility, and these durations and such wont change in any way as you weren’t taking PU, but also more stun breaks, stability (which we have very little of normally) and the ability to daze on command, this would keep up your survivability and might work better for you, but as I said, just my thoughts.

in Mesmer

WitchKing.5317

Yeah I was just doing some sums in my head, taking the mantra heal over ether feast, then taking 10 points out of dueling into domination for that trait would give me an extra charge on the heal. So it would heal 9k around about while ether feat does only 7-8. Not a bad idea, will look into it some more. The only problem is is it worth taking an extra heal over 9% less damage from illusionary defense?

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

If the goal of your build is to be defensive. I must say that you are better off with PU. Reason being is illusionary defense while cool… has nothing on protection and aegis…. Just a thought you are taking ever single stealth skill the mesmer has. Using PU would capitilize on that.. I am working on a mesmer build that may capitilize that is to say give us the most condition damage stat wise. It would look something like 0/20/25/0/25. Not quite sure how it would work though but other than not taking PU your build looks pretty sweet but when it comes down to pure numbers 33% less damage is better than 9% less.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

WitchKing.5317

If the goal of your build is to be defensive. I must say that you are better off with PU. Reason being is illusionary defense while cool… has nothing on protection and aegis…. Just a thought you are taking ever single stealth skill the mesmer has. Using PU would capitilize on that.. I am working on a mesmer build that may capitilize that is to say give us the most condition damage stat wise. It would look something like 0/20/25/0/25. Not quite sure how it would work though but other than not taking PU your build looks pretty sweet but when it comes down to pure numbers 33% less damage is better than 9% less.

That is true but what if I hit something like a corrupt boon necro or boon stripping thief? They can’t steal my set 9% but they can take my aegis and protection.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That is true but what if I hit something like a corrupt boon necro or boon stripping thief? They can’t steal my set 9% but they can take my aegis and protection.

That’s part of why they are applied in stealth its kind of like an oh *^&%$ type situation unless you are speccing very heavily into boon duration. In which case have a blast.

Edit: Boon strip thieves aren’t seen as often in wvw as there is no real punishment for stealth there making d/p the norm. And corrupt boon is a pain in the neck to land and you have cleansing conflagration. So enjoy

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

WitchKing.5317

Just a thought, you are taking a torch and mostly stealth utilities, however you don’t take prismatic understanding, giving yourself lower stealth durations and you miss out on the aegis (block) protection (33% less damage I think?) and regeneration(more healing for survivability), which kind of lowers the worth of the stealth you receive.

As you like the mantra’s perhaps it might be worth taking 10 points out of chaos and putting them into domination and for XI Harmonious Mantra’s, as you mention that you believe they have a lot of potential and this would give them an extra charge, then perhaps change veil to mantra of distraction/concentration, giving you stability and stun breaks, or dazing your opponents giving you a bit more breathing room,

you would still have your stealth from torch 4, decoy and mass invisibility, and these durations and such wont change in any way as you weren’t taking PU, but also more stun breaks, stability (which we have very little of normally) and the ability to daze on command, this would keep up your survivability and might work better for you, but as I said, just my thoughts.

Great, thanks for the tip, tried it out and the mantra’s and condi synigise well together. Much more effective, the daze is amazingly useful. Didnt take the stability mantra though, tried it but found that decoy and torch skills are enough to keep stuns off you. (plus constant clones and movement)

(edited by WitchKing.5317)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gummiplutt.7493

Gummiplutt.7493

Great job and great build! I’m really liking the looks of this one! I might give it a shot later today. I like how you try and work with an aspect that you yourself like alot, and not conform to the most popular playstyles. That is what build diversity is all about!

The question still remains though. With all that stealth – and it’s alot – isn’t it maybe worth it taking PU? How are you doing in WvW without it? If you find yourself pwning nabs all day long, I guess you don’t need it.

Author of Manipulative Minx
Narcissa Kyle – a mesmer with a thing for them looks, ya’ll!

in Mesmer

WitchKing.5317

Great job and great build! I’m really liking the looks of this one! I might give it a shot later today. I like how you try and work with an aspect that you yourself like alot, and not conform to the most popular playstyles. That is what build diversity is all about!

The question still remains though. With all that stealth – and it’s alot – isn’t it maybe worth it taking PU? How are you doing in WvW without it? If you find yourself pwning nabs all day long, I guess you don’t need it.

With the stealth I have (decoy and Mass) PU wasn’t really a nessecity. However earlier on if i did have veil on as well I probably would have PU. However the fact still remains that the 30 in domination allows 3 casts of mantra’s instead of 2, which makes the heal more viable over ether feast Also allows me to get out of sticky situations 3 dazes readily active, most mesmer builds simply dont have that many dazes and thats why that is one of the biggest strong points of the build. Would love to know how your test of the build goes

in Mesmer

Gummiplutt.7493

Yeah, I see your point! I will definitely try this out! I like mantras as well… I’ve never used them extensively for a condi build before though! oooooh i’m excited! ;D

in Mesmer

Gummiplutt.7493

Alrightie, I’ve tried it out a bit! I’m finding it really difficult, with all the mantras and what-not, but I think this might be a really solid one. Conditions aren’t a problem, since the torch takes care of them. With Perplexity Runes, which I have, the dazing mantra really shines, so I can recommend that. Other than it requires alot of practise, this build is perfectly viable and a breeze of delight with all it’s originality! Kudos!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I would recommend trying an on-heal Runeset for your armor to make the most out of your healing mantra. It fires when you charge the mantra, and each time you discharge one of your 3 heal charges.

For example, I’m using the Rune of Balthazar for an AE Burn off MoH, and I couple it with the burn off The Prestige. Even in sPvP this ends up with a good 8s of burning on anyone in close proximity.

Just an idea. I personally though couldn’t give up PU for HM, despite the fact that I use MoH. (for the above rune but also because during stealth it’s easy enough to recharge one mantra. I personally can’t enjoy true mantra builds in sPvP at least, because with more then 2 mantras the recharging becomes annoying. And don’t get me started about mantras and water! Terrible design, I hope they fix that someday!)

GL!

in Mesmer

WitchKing.5317

This build has been shut down due to an updated version that needs a completely separate guide, for the new corrupt build visit the thread in my signature