(Been said before i know...) Our Elites...

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Anyone else think our elites are kinda rubbish? I mean quickness is okay, stealth is meh and is more of a Thief skill and i hate Moa (have never used it) it just kind of confuses me our game mechanic relates to Clones and Phantasms and yet we dont get a Elite that involves them?

If you could pick/Change the elites (be realistic, ie no Stupid OP ones) what would you go with?

Personally, i would replace all 3 None of them really feel Mesmer. Sure the Moa does a bit (VERY tiny) but i just hate it. I think something that involves our clones/phantasms would be great and a Transformation one (i love Lich, Plague, Tornado, ect)

The Lich Transform is the PERFECT example of a GOOD transformation, it LOOKS good which is always a plus and has solid skills, Tornado is cool as well except when it bugs out and doesnt show up (happens alot to me :/)

So Maybe a Elite that turns us INTO a special Phantasm. Could even be based on the weapon you have equipped at the time as well which would make it even more suited to more then one play style as well.

Another one for the Phantasm builds could be one that makes clones of the current clones/Phantasms that you already have. So you could have up to 6 up for a set period of time (or until they die, seeing as they are normally weak as hell) Another option could be that it buffs there damage/attack speed again for a set number of seconds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Aoe stealth is amazing and Time warp and Moa have their places.

I think all 3 fit the class very well thematically though I could care less about themes.

To each his own I guess.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Mesmers don’t transform. We crate images of ourselves.

Gotta make the most out of what you’re given.

TimeWarp = Haste + etheral field
Mass invis = ambush tool, escape tool, breathing space, boon generator with 30 chaos.
Moa = Sesame Street based Big Bird party.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Aoe stealth is amazing and Time warp and Moa have their places.

I think all 3 fit the class very well thematically though I could care less about themes.

To each his own I guess.

The AoE stealth, doesnt Thief have a NON-elite version of that? So to me the fact thakittens our elite makes no sense if another class has a version (that also heals!)

Time Warp, Yeah its okay. But again its meh in my opinion with a long cool down

Moa, i hate it. Nothing more to be said here i havent seen ANYONE in PvP use it for along time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

MI has a 10 target maximum, so double that of shadow refuge, but yes, it’s a bit weak in comparison.

Time warp is great.

Moa enjoys massive use in tpvp as a bunker buster, but it is an incredibly hard to balance skill.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmers don’t transform. We crate images of ourselves.

Gotta make the most out of what you’re given.

TimeWarp = Haste + etheral field
Mass invis = ambush tool, escape tool, breathing space, boon generator with 30 chaos.
Moa = Sesame Street based Big Bird party.

“Mesmers don’t transform” Surely the same could be said for the Necro, Ele and Warrior as well none of them are transformation classes or anything. Necro is pretty much the same as Mesmer just that they keep there pets for longer yet they get TWO.

With Lich the minions are sacrificed – something similar could be done with the Mesmer where the clones/phantoms are “killed” and the more you have up at the time the more damage it does or something

3 clones/Phantoms does 100%
2 clones/phantoms does 66%
1 clone/phantom does 33%

Or something, just think that the elites could be made more “fun” or engaging. I LOVE transforming into a Lich or deadly plague or tornado but i think meh when i see our elites

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

MI has a 10 target maximum, so double that of shadow refuge, but yes, it’s a bit weak in comparison.

I think the fact that those 10 get healed as well makes up for the lower number of people it affects.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Comparing class abilities when classes are completely different in function and fashion is pointless.

Every AOE elite or utility shouldn’t be the same. Comparing a thief utility to a Mesmer Elite isn’t a direct comparison. One is a utility, one is a elite. One class is squishier, one class is tankier. One class has more utility, one has less.

Comparing CD’s on stuff like this isn’t a balanced way to view balance. There are far too many variables within classes to simply say “this ability is superior because of cd’s”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

My only criticism of our elites is that all of them are designed for the benefit of your party rather than yourself.

That’s not to say other classes’ elite’s don’t benefit others too. But for mesmer it is disproportional.

Most classes have at least one elite that exclusively benefit them and them alone; for example Rampage as One, Dagger Storm, Lich Form. And even then the majority of elites that work both ways, can be used optimally in solo play and the party benefits are a side effect rather than it’s primary function, such as Supply Crate, Fiery Greatsword, Renewed Focus

Mesmer’s “Elites” are almost universally a more powerful, party-supporting version of other classes non-elite skills.

For example Time Warp provides a long duration, AoE haste – but has an insanely long cooldown. Mass invisibility provides a good, long duration invis – but it has a very long cast time and cooldown compared to other invis skills, because it is a HUGE AoE effect… and Moa… yeah we don’t talk about Moa.

The point is, mesmer’s elite skills are elite because they can provide that bonus to the entire party. But used in solo play, the massive cooldowns are difficult to justify – an engy can pop Elixir U every 50 seconds (reducible with traits) – basiclly every fight, AND he can throw elixir u to turn it into a projectile screen. Suddenly Timewarp with it’s 210 second cooldown and no sweet alternate fire mode just doesn’t really compare, sure it has a longer duration, but it’s a novelty reserved for tough fights, as opposed to elixir u which can be used every fight safe in the knowledge it’ll be off CD fairly soon.

I still wouldn’t want Time warp to become a caster-only ability; I’m just saying it’d be nice if we had 1 elite that was strictly for our own benefit, like ranger’s rampage as one.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

We had a thread recently and there are suggestions there about a phantasm based elite. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Elite-phantasm

Something that has to do a fourth illusion/phantasm that does something special. somethings mentioned were:

-stationary phantasm that does fear,
-phantasmal elementalist that summons fire storms,
-elite clone with player health pool that mirrors you, your movement and your actions exactly with a displacement of location,
-phantasm that pulses a chaos storm field around it and runs at targets,
-a phantasm that spawns three clones around it,
-an elite that doubles the amount of clones existing,
-an elite that echos illusion summoning skills for a set time frame doubling all illusions summoned,
-a phantasm that dazes or does something and respawns for three cycles when killed,
-bodyguard style defender phantasms that don’t need a target to be summoned,

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Timewarp is insanely powerful. When I was with the Meguuma Mesmer Mafia, we staggered it over 3 omega golems when attacks forts. Basically a team of 10 mesmers are able to take out walls and gates in 45 seconds while it takes a zerg of 30 at least 2 minutes. Now that it’s been nerfed, the same tactic will probably take a little more than a full minute but that’s still impressive.

As for Mass Invisibility, it’s been used to gank and flank zergs to devastating degrees. In 1-on-1 battles, it synergizes with other invisibility skills, allowing mesmers to constantly break target lock. If used with a phantasm build, it would be very hard to beat.

As for Moa Morph… I don’t see why it’s an elite. To me, it’s just a troll skill. When it worked on pve champions, it could potentially prevent a wipe but even that aspect has been nerfed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ibeo.6732

ibeo.6732

I couldn’t agree less with the op, our elites are perfectly fitting for our class and I love them. I hope they don’t ever change them.

[AVTR]High Top
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Only Moa is bad, the rest of our elites are awesome when used right.
Can we please have an elite phantasm, Anet?

in Mesmer

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

In wvw they are not very useful. would be better to move viel to elite so mesmers can free up a utility spot. Or just increase the effect of mass invis to about 20-25.

Timewarp im guessing is used all the time in pve but in pvp rubbish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Time warp – glamour
moa – manipulation
mass invisibility – uh, also manipulation?

i think all 3 have its uses, mass invisibility is great for hot join pvp and solo or duo roaming, moa is usefull to burst bunkers down in Tpvp, time warp is usefull in dungeon groups… and if you dont use it, people get mad at you, so i guess we dont have a choice there.

But i do agree that moa is useless in pve and time warp superior in dungeons.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I am not saying they are terrible or anything, they just feel meh considering they are pretty much copies of other classes non-elite skills. Sure Time warp and Mass Invis are solid in GROUP play and in CERTAIN situations but it just feels other classes elites not only are more useful more of the time, but they are cooler (i know subjective)

In about 40+ hours of PvP over the last few weeks i have encountered ONE mesmer that uses Moa. Most of the other classes elites actually have something to do with the main mechanic and ours don’t.

I just think it would be nice to remove Moa coz i cant stand it, have never used it and never will and i VERY rarely see any other Mesmer use it either and just have something to do with the Clones/Phantoms the cool downs are a bit high as well, as stated above

Ranger – Rampage As One 120seconds
Thief – Thieves Guild 180seconds, Dagger Storm 90seconds
Necro – Plague 180seconds, Lich 180seconds, Flesh Golem 60seconds
Engineer – Supply Crate 180seconds, Elixir X, 120seconds, Mortar 120seconds
Guardian – ToW 180seconds, Tome of Courage 180 seconds, renewed focus 90seconds
Warrior – Rampage 180seconds, Signet of Rage 60seconds
ele – elementals 120seconds, Tornado 180seconds, Conjure Greatsword 180seconds

All reasonable cool downs, personally i think ele Greatsword is the most Overpowered elite in the game and that has TWO swords on a 180second cool down. Tornado and Lich are VERY cool and ToC has its places for being pretty powerful as well

What about this – As Engineer can use that Elixir X and use one of the Warrior or Ele elites. Why not have a “better” version for Mesmer, seeing as we are all about illusions and such wouldnt it be cool if we had an Elite that could COPY one of our targets elites. The Engineer one is on a 120second cool down, so maybe make it 150second cool down as we would have more options

- An added option (to overpowered?) while in the targets Elite their team mates see you as an ally, just that your name plate thing changes from red to green for the duration and that your allies still know thakittens you…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve found the mesmer elites to be some of the best out there. They aren’t build specific, and they can provide a ton of damage and utility when done right.

Time warp: AoE haste + Ethereal field for 10 seconds. Basically this is a 50% increase to the DPS of the people inside o fit, making it the most powerful boon in the game. The ethereal field nature lets it cause confusion and chaos armor while inside of it as well. While alone it is only meh, since it is a 10 second haste on yourself. But in a group, it is absolutely devastating.

Moa Morph: In PVE this doesn’t do much worth talking about. In PVP it is the single strongest control in the game. In a tPVP situation it is very rare for me to ever survive a Moa morph, since without any defenses or offenses this lets the opponent team focus me down and kill me very quickly.

Mass Invisibility: It makes for a nice panic button + reset button on fight, but its real use is in WvW, where it can give a small army, in combination with veil, enough stealth to run to the middle of an opposing force and cut loose.

Mesmer elites are situational, but they are extremely powerful and largely build independent. Just think about the poor engineers who have to use supply crate because everything else sucks, or the poor Guardians who’s elite only gives then 2 seconds of invulnerability, Elementalists who get dumb pet or have to conjure a weapon for themselves to use.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’ve found the mesmer elites to be some of the best out there. They aren’t build specific, and they can provide a ton of damage and utility when done right.

Time warp: AoE haste + Ethereal field for 10 seconds. Basically this is a 50% increase to the DPS of the people inside o fit, making it the most powerful boon in the game. The ethereal field nature lets it cause confusion and chaos armor while inside of it as well. While alone it is only meh, since it is a 10 second haste on yourself. But in a group, it is absolutely devastating.

Moa Morph: In PVE this doesn’t do much worth talking about. In PVP it is the single strongest control in the game. In a tPVP situation it is very rare for me to ever survive a Moa morph, since without any defenses or offenses this lets the opponent team focus me down and kill me very quickly.

Mass Invisibility: It makes for a nice panic button + reset button on fight, but its real use is in WvW, where it can give a small army, in combination with veil, enough stealth to run to the middle of an opposing force and cut loose.

Mesmer elites are situational, but they are extremely powerful and largely build independent. Just think about the poor engineers who have to use supply crate because everything else sucks, or the poor Guardians who’s elite only gives then 2 seconds of invulnerability, Elementalists who get dumb pet or have to conjure a weapon for themselves to use.

Some of the other elites can be just as deadly in wvw – Lich, Plague, Tornado, even supply Crate used in combination with a healing turret can be very solid. The difference comes in 1 Vs 1 situations.

Mass Invis being the only that really works in 1vs1 situations (ignoring Moa coz as stated i have seen it used ONCE in like 40hours of pvp) but still its more of a defense rather then an attacking/offensive option.

I still would take a Lich or Tornado over say Moa which is quite easy and Mass Invis is just an elite version of the Thief NON-Elite though while that has a set number of people it also HEALS them and is on a shorter cool down (iirc)

I personally think ours is the most situational and with the longest cool downs when you compare them to others as i have mentioned above.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

When it comes to elites Mesmer is probably the best profession right now. All 3 elites are strong in certain parts of the game. They don’t look as fancy as something like Tornado but they’re definitely more useful.

There are always things to improve but Mesmer elites are in a really good spot right now which means there is no need for a big change.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

When it comes to elites Mesmer is probably the best profession right now. All 3 elites are strong in certain parts of the game. They don’t look as fancy as something like Tornado but they’re definitely more useful.

There are always things to improve but Mesmer elites are in a really good spot right now which means there is no need for a big change.

Without a doubt the Greatsword from Ele has to be the best, short-ish cool down and TWO swords, ALOT of damage as well. I personally think that Moa is one of the worst in the game, sure it was used alot at the start and against Bunkers in TPvP but thats about it, that could be replaced i think – Maybe by the idea i had above which was similar to Elixir elite of Engineers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m only using Mass Invis since i need the stealth to be able to escape in some situations ((nearly) no swiftness says hi). Time Warp is very useful but could maybe be buffed to 12 seconds like every other source of quickness that got increased in duration after the nerf.

I’m not thinking of Moa as useless as it is very much possible to win a fight. I do, however, think that this skill is quite dumb. It doesn’t feel that special to use it and, in the right situation, it kinda takes the whole competition out of a fight.

I would like to see the following changes:
- Either increase TW to 12s OR make it a glamour skill (so it’s affected by glamour traits) since glamour builds took big hits with the confusion nerf.
- Maybe increase MI stealth by 1s…or not, that skill is actually quite okay.
- Replace moa with…anything.

in Mesmer

Blackhat.4016

Without a doubt the Greatsword from Ele has to be the best, short-ish cool down and TWO swords, ALOT of damage as well. I personally think that Moa is one of the worst in the game, sure it was used alot at the start and against Bunkers in TPvP but thats about it, that could be replaced i think – Maybe by the idea i had above which was similar to Elixir elite of Engineers

FGS is a good skill although I find myself using is defensively more often than to attack my opponent.

Glyph of Elementals is pretty meh – they either die extremely fast or deal no damage. It’s an ok skill if the elemental survives.

Tornado is basically useless. You’re really slow, the damage is terrible and you die really fast as well (Confusion (yes, even post-nerf), other conditions, high DPS).

Moa is really useful for small fights – bigger fight = Moa has less impact. That’s why the skill is good for roaming in WvW and s/tPvP. I don’t like it for PvE and zerg fights in WvW though. Really good in some parts of the game, mediocre in others. Sounds like a solid skill.

The other 2 skills have been explained enough imo. They are good as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Please replace Moa. It’s so uninspiring and boring to use. Also, mass invs. could use better cast time.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Other than my post about phantasm elites, I think it would make sense to have an elite that has to do with our illusions/phantasms… or even if we had an actual illusion ability like create an aoe “world” that exists for a set number of seconds, and we can’t escape from it until it disappears. Like the ground/interior of this aoe “world” would change the landscape, you see a different ground etc and certain conditions or boons are applied, and the enemy has to fight in this until the effects wear off. Like that also makes sense for a mesmer class

But I do think our current elites are good and effective. I don’t think all elites need to be strong for offense…. Mesmers skills are very utility based, and the elites are also utility based and very useful in situations.

MI is useful not only as a get away but I’ve seen it used in PvP offensively alot, to disappear and then reposition, and effectively take down an enemy… With the PU trait, you have boons and stuff coming from that.. but the CD is not low, but it’s the same as Veil’s base. I think, both should have a slightly lowered CD, maybe similar to the Veil’s 72 sec after glamor reduction? Anyway this utility keeps you alive well. However, it is kind of redundant compared to thief’s stealth… Time warp is your damage if you needed the damage, and useful in group settings. I’ve seen it used solo too. And I do agree Moa is kind of weird, you can pull it off in WvW 1vX but it’s so highly situational, and doesn’t quite work on PvE (does it though? I haven’t used it for a while, from months ago, it was supposed to work after you knock off their stacks of defiant)

I think our elites are nice. But not the best. But not bad either… You’re talking about an ele’s greatsword… Yes it’s a heavy hitter, it’s really cool and powerful and all… but In my opinion, I wouldn’t use it in small group/solo settings maybe useful in wvw zergs, but in that case you have time warp and stuff to help others. It’s just the same thing as having another arsenal of the same offensive magic stuff they already have. It’s redundant as well. People can also dodge greatsword attacks etc, it’s not utility like we do, where it doesn’t matter what the enemy does, but it helps the mesmer ultimately. It’s not always about damage output…

(edited by takatsu.9416)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Moa still regularly decides 2v2s or 3v3s in pvp. It’s still godly.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

FGS is a good skill although I find myself using is defensively more often than to attack my opponent.

Glyph of Elementals is pretty meh – they either die extremely fast or deal no damage. It’s an ok skill if the elemental survives.

Tornado is basically useless. You’re really slow, the damage is terrible and you die really fast as well (Confusion (yes, even post-nerf), other conditions, high DPS).

Moa is really useful for small fights – bigger fight = Moa has less impact. That’s why the skill is good for roaming in WvW and s/tPvP. I don’t like it for PvE and zerg fights in WvW though. Really good in some parts of the game, mediocre in others. Sounds like a solid skill.

The other 2 skills have been explained enough imo. They are good as well.

I agree with GoE that is pretty much, though it can have its uses and it is great that it depends on the element you are in. I cant help but love Tornado the only problem being thakittens visual glitches out ALOT but the skills part of it are great especially when going into a group of them

either offensive or defensive(not sure how that works?) the Greatsword ROCKS.

I REALLY cant state how much i hate Moa -.-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Of course it does. It’s the noob button #1.

Mesmer with the noob button and the noob stick (greatsword) is something even more cheesy than a d/p thief.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Of course it does. It’s the noob button #1.

THIS. It was pretty ONLY used near release to kill “noobies” and i just refuse to use this kind of skill. That and the fact i HARDLY see it being used i think shows to some degree that maybe, just maybe Mesmers (other then Noob Hunters) dont like it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Noobs…

It’s not the fact that you can kill someone in moa, it’s the fact that they cannot fight for real while in it (and will most likely sprint away) turning a 3v3 into a 3v2. THAT is the power of moa.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

GUYS! Guys! I got it. Turn Moa Morph into a Signet. Signet of the Moa? Passive effect: 25% movement speed / Active effect: turns people into a Moa for however long. My work is done here. I will be browsing some other threads if you need me.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

GUYS! Guys! I got it. Turn Moa Morph into a Signet. Signet of the Moa? Passive effect: 25% movement speed / Active effect: turns people into a Moa for however long. My work is done here. I will be browsing some other threads if you need me.

No thanks, Moa SUCKS. I like the Signet idea. If Moa is removed i would like to see either:

- Transformation Elite
- Phantasm/Clone related Elite

Maybe have it that Phantoms/Clones COPY your skills used for a set number of second but do 50% of the damage you would do? Imagine 3 Feedback being cast on enemy lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Some of the other elites can be just as deadly in wvw – Lich, Plague, Tornado, even supply Crate used in combination with a healing turret can be very solid. The difference comes in 1 Vs 1 situations.

I myself play 5 classes (engi, necro, thief, mesmer, guardian in that order) and have played elementalist for awhile, too. For half of those classes, the hard part is getting an elite that actually does something.

Engineer: You only have one elite to really use, and that is supply crate. Mortar is lolbad in every circumstance except defending towers in WvW, and even then it is still pretty bad. It roots you, has buggy shots, and does inferior damage + range to grenades. Elixir X can transform you into a brute or a tornao, and neither of those are really effective. The brute has crappy skills, and you’ll end up doing the most damage with the auto attack (and the damage isn’t even that high), and with the tornado you’ll end up chasing somone around while they kite/immobilize and shoot you. It is a stall tactic and little more, and even then it only works half the time. Elixir X can be useful underwater, though. And finally you have the supply crate, which is an AoE stun + blast finisher that drops two turrets and some med kits. The med kit heals are useful, but unless traited the turrets melt in an instant.

Necromancer: Has some really good elites. The problem is they are all build specific. Plague form is only really effective on condition builds, or else it is a cheap stalling tactic that accomplishes very little other than annoying people and possibly as blind support for a team. Lich form does great damage with the auto attack, but the other 4 skills are less than stellar, and you’ll need to be a power build to take advantage of Lich Form. Flesh Golem does good damage and works as a cone knockdown, however without minion traits it dies very quickly and does even less damage.

Guardian: All of the elites are really difficult to use. Renewed Focus just gives invulnerability and recharges your virtues, so basically all it does is let you spam virtues, then you’re invulnerable for 2 seconds. The tome’s are mostly support. The tome of Wrath does AoE burning, so it only does good damage if you run conditions (which no guardian does). It has short duration cripple + weakness, 5 stacks of might in a cone, very limited AoE quickness and fury, and the longest channel AoE stun I’ve ever seen (but thankfully it hits hard). Tome of Courage basically heals, and gives defensive buffs in the same manner. They make for alright support, but no one is going to look at them and go “Oh wow that is so strong!”, and they definitely pale in comparison to Time Warp.

Thief: Like necromancers, they have good elites but suffer from build specific syndrome. Basilisk venom is basically a fancy stun, and the best part is the short recharge. It’s good for ambushes, but unless you are running an ambush set it doesn’t contribute much. Dagger storm is a good stalling move, causing plenty of AoE bleeds and reflecting projectiles, but if you aren’t running a condition spec it is basically a stall tactic that lets people run up and melee those uber squishy and no-longer-invisible thieves. Thieves guild is great for additional offense and pressure, and is arguably one of the best elites in the game due to the chaos they can wreak while the thief pops away in stealth to backstab. They can be used in any build, however they do have a problem in that the thieves that were summoned are incredibly squishy, having only 8k health each, they’ll be melted pretty quickly by AoEs and conditions.

Someone else covered the elementalist elites. For my Engineer and my Guardian I wish I had elites that were much stronger than what I have. For my Necromancer and my Thief I wish I had elites that were more versatile. On my mesmer… I’m good.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I would take it. And never even once use it ofc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Hmm, could work!

Mass invis is decent on its own to create a breather – with PU it is a very good skill on low cooldown.
Time Warp I’d only ever use in a large group – I don’t like the extremely long cooldown otherwise.
And moa… well I never use it; MI is better for me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

I hate them all. I use my sylvari take root a majority of the time

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Could make Moa be AoE that affects 5 people, but lasts only ~2 seconds?
Oh well! A mesmer can dream right?

Anyway, I don’t even equip Time Warp * , I always have Mass Invisibility with me.

• DISCLAIMER: I only equip Time Warp during Meta events, such as Shadow Behemoth, Temples, Claw of Jormag …. etc….
Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

I love all of our elites tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bobross.5034

bobross.5034

really don’t see an issue here. I solo roam with mass invis….one extra source of invis is great. I really don’t see the need to change these. Comparing to other classes is also silly. As the OP mentioned he is only concerned with elites that help with solo-roaming. He does not want to be a team player, and wants to be selfish only. Well Mass Invis is a bit overpriced for personal invisibility, but it works well, and its a nice backup for clone, veil and torch. It also works well in just about any solo-oriented mesmer build at the very least as an escape tool. Other professions don’t even get one elite that they really like. For example, a lot of engies actually take their racial elites instead.

Speaking of…mesmers get phantasm buffs that happen to apply to pets summoned with elites. So if you really want a buffed up phantasm, why not just play a race with a pet elite…of course, see how long you last in a group with your egocentric playstyle…people will be telling you to go roll a ranger in no time.

One more thing….mesmers have a lot of access to invisibility, but not like thieves. And they shouldn’t have the same access as thieves. For thieves it is their core mechanic. For mesmers it’s a side trick. So something that may be trivial for thieves should require more from a mesmer when it deals with stealth.

(edited by bobross.5034)

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

. As the OP mentioned he is only concerned with elites that help with solo-roaming. He does not want to be a team player, and wants to be selfish only.

How did i say that exactly? Sure MI is okay, but is it worth being an elite? No. Thief get it AND heal and not be an Elite so why does ours have to be an elite when its just a weaker version of another classes UTILITY….

Plus how exactly is Moa in a full on WvW fight going to help? Not at all. I STILL have yet to see a 2nd Mesmer running Moa having an elite thats ONLY used in ONE situation (Vs Bunker) doesn’t make it useful.

Once again i am NOT selfish hen it comes to WvW and plenty of times i sacrifice myself using Feedback and downing quite a few defenders/attackers. Feeling our elites aren’t that special, aren’t that good and have to long a cool down doesn’t make me selfish in the least.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

One more thing….mesmers have a lot of access to invisibility, but not like thieves. And they shouldn’t have the same access as thieves. For thieves it is their core mechanic. For mesmers it’s a side trick. So something that may be trivial for thieves should require more from a mesmer when it deals with stealth.

Yeah our mechanic is CLONES and PHANTASMS and yet we get no elite that benefits from this mechanic? and again i havent said that ALL of them suck or anything, i just think that they could be more Mesmer like. Sure despite the long cool downs and the fact that one is just a weaker version (and on longer cool down) of a Thief Utility doesnt mean that MI or TW are “bad” but Moa, thats another story i personally think it needs to be replaced with something more Clone/Phantom orientated

in Mesmer

Posted by: gorma.3725

gorma.3725

Yeah our mechanic is CLONES and PHANTASMS and yet we get no elite that benefits from this mechanic? and again i havent said that ALL of them suck or anything, i just think that they could be more Mesmer like. Sure despite the long cool downs and the fact that one is just a weaker version (and on longer cool down) of a Thief Utility doesnt mean that MI or TW are “bad” but Moa, thats another story i personally think it needs to be replaced with something more Clone/Phantom orientated

Look at the thief guild elite. Its so rubbish, the only thing which annoys me is that they randomly eat up some of my iDuellists projectiles, i find my phantasms stronger than those two kittens, even though I don’t play a phantasm build. There is not one single elite skill in the game which I consider extremly powerful/useful. They are all a very speacial kind of utility nothing more. Not like ulti in league of legends.

Apart from that I’m very happy with TW and MI, I use them a lot. For Moa, you are all right. It’s a bad skill. Long CD, moa’ed people can troll you just a really bad skill. I would prefer it to be changed to something like a stationary illusion that fears people. Like Shaco’s jack in a box skill in League of Legends

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Look at the thief guild elite. Its so rubbish, the only thing which annoys me is that they randomly eat up some of my iDuellists projectiles, i find my phantasms stronger than those two kittens, even though I don’t play a phantasm build. There is not one single elite skill in the game which I consider extremly powerful/useful. They are all a very speacial kind of utility nothing more. Not like ulti in league of legends.

Apart from that I’m very happy with TW and MI, I use them a lot. For Moa, you are all right. It’s a bad skill. Long CD, moa’ed people can troll you just a really bad skill. I would prefer it to be changed to something like a stationary illusion that fears people. Like Shaco’s jack in a box skill in League of Legends

The ele Greatsword has to be the best, low cool down 2 swords and big damage. Yeah but the Thieves Guild ISNT just for damage, its mostly used by people who then instantly go stealth and come in for a Backstab or something.

Yeah i would just like ONE elite that actually involves our game mechanic – is that to much to ask for? Look at everyone else good or bad (depends on opinion) they are all/mostly relating to the classes mechanic.

I think replacing Moa with an Elite Phantom that changes based on weapon kinda like how the GoE for Ele will change the elemental that is summoned, that way it will be more useful to more people.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

. As the OP mentioned he is only concerned with elites that help with solo-roaming. He does not want to be a team player, and wants to be selfish only.

How did i say that exactly? Sure MI is okay, but is it worth being an elite? No. Thief get it AND heal and not be an Elite so why does ours have to be an elite when its just a weaker version of another classes UTILITY….

MI deserves its elite place, if you’re comparing to Thief’s Shadow Refuge or Blinding Power. Sorry, but neither of them is as good as MI. And please stop comparing our skills to another class skills.

in Mesmer

Blackhat.4016

The ele Greatsword has to be the best, low cool down 2 swords and big damage. Yeah but the Thieves Guild ISNT just for damage, its mostly used by people who then instantly go stealth and come in for a Backstab or something.

Yeah i would just like ONE elite that actually involves our game mechanic – is that to much to ask for? Look at everyone else good or bad (depends on opinion) they are all/mostly relating to the classes mechanic.

I think replacing Moa with an Elite Phantom that changes based on weapon kinda like how the GoE for Ele will change the elemental that is summoned, that way it will be more useful to more people.

Although I like Moa in some situations I kind of agree. An elite Phantasm would be nice.

It would give your opponent the opportunity for counterplay (“do I kill the Mesmer or the Phantasm?”) which is not the case for Moa (basically running is the only counterplay here) and the skill might be better in bigger fights depending on how it’s implemented.

Less complaints by other professions about Moa and a skill which might shine in every part of the game. I guess I have to agree here.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

MI deserves its elite place, if you’re comparing to Thief’s Shadow Refuge or Blinding Power. Sorry, but neither of them is as good as MI. And please stop comparing our skills to another class skills.

How does it? Longer cool down, No heal and no Dark Combo field.
The only benefit it has is how many become invisible but is that worth the extra 30second cool down and the fact that it doesnt come with a combo field that can either steal health or blind foes AND heal….

" please stop comparing our skills to another class skills." – Despite the fact of how they are pretty much the same thing except that one is on a shorter cool down, heals and gives a dark combo field

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Although I like Moa in some situations I kind of agree. An elite Phantasm would be nice.

It would give your opponent the opportunity for counterplay (“do I kill the Mesmer or the Phantasm?”) which is not the case for Moa (basically running is the only counterplay here) and the skill might be better in bigger fights depending on how it’s implemented.

Less complaints by other professions about Moa and a skill which might shine in every part of the game. I guess I have to agree here.

Yeah i think it would make things more interesting rather then having the noob free kill button (aka Moa) that is useless in group fights.

Something Like:

Empowered Illusions – The next Illusion You use creates an Empowered Illusion increasing the Illusions stats by 100% and increasing its effectiveness by 50% 180second cool down.

Exmaple:

you use Berserker. Its stats are increased by 100% and its attacks and movement speed are increased by 50%

You use Warlock. Its stats are increased by 100% and damage per a condition is increased by 50%

You use Mage. Its stats are increased by 100% and gives 4.5seconds of retal on allies and 5 stacks of confusion on targets

You Use Mirror Images. Stats are increased by 100% and its effectiveness is increased by 50% (this changes depending on weapon)

The Illusions(s) stay up until they die and are on a separate bar so that you can still summon 3 clones/illusions and they are not affected by shatters. They are however affected by traits that increase health, damage ect as well as on death one such as giving cripple and random conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I agree with Ryuujin that our elites tend to be very group-oriented. TW used to be even more amazing for a group before the Quickness nerf. And MI has its place in WvW and even some dungeons.

Moa is a strange one. I’d rather a shorter transform that takes a player out of a fight completely. Transform into Moa for 6s. Target’s hp cannot be affected, nor can target take any action. Balance would be required ofc.

When solo, I use my Sylvari racial hound for my elite. Has a long duration for a summon and works well with the Mesmer play style.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I wish we had an elite that puts down a line similar to curtain/veil which clone any enemy character going through and make it attack the character that it came from (it wouldnt be a normal clone, more like a time limited phantasm copy of the player).

Zerg chaos!