Best build for lvling? (wtb swiftness D:)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

Heya! Just wondering if it would be better to go with condi damage, or just upfront damage? …Any advice would be awesome! Also, any easy options for good swiftness uptime?

Many Thanks!,
Evogrin

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Just go straight power. Levels 1-40 are pretty rough. GS/ Sword + Focus. Group them up for your focus 5, sword 2, use GS to pull multiple things in, get iBerzerker going. Spec early for more power + mind wrack damage. Get a cheap sigil of bloodlust for your weapon(150 extra power at those levels is an incredible dps boost).

Conditions(especially confusion) won’t serve you well at all.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Read the guide in my signature for information on how to level a mesmer. ^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Honestly, just run whatever build you want and use the following food:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food#Swiftness

The swiftness stacks, so you can go kill a bunch of mobs and then have 2+ minutes of swiftness. And the food is dirt cheap too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Full power for PvE always. Sword/Focus and Greatsword is decent.

As for swiftness, just throw a Sigil of speed on your weapon(s) and you get 10 second swiftness/kill. It also stacks. If you get a cluster of mobs you’re set for a good minute of swiftness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

Also, save up your gold for travelers runes when you hit 80 (I’m addicted to them myself.) In the meantime, bug me to run around with you!

Ditto others re: power for PVE. Especially since Mesmer can be a bit of a pain to level through the middle levels. I’d really recommend playing around with suboptimal PVE weapons/utilities so that you get a better sense of the flexibility of the Mesmer playstyle.

Also: Transfer to Blackgate so that I can watch your butt being handed to you in WvW.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

power works with staff phantasm too if u needed a little more survivability, the staff would be a good defense utility tool with extra staff clone (condi) damage but really I leveled with power but sometimes went with a staff s/f and the staff clones are beautiful lol they helped stack up my dps so much if you had a tougher situation where ur likely not going to burst everything down in a short time. with that survivability i could solo many crazy situations and could pop in for my heavy power dps bursts. so I’d say keep a staff and gs on you. focus will give u a little swiftness, grab a blink, and use the food yeah

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

Thanks all! I guess I’m just so used to having perma swiftness from the Ele/Engi/Warrior haha, this feels much different. I’m loving the playstyle for PvE though!..

Also, Lythereal! <3 ..Haha I’m on BG! I transferred two days ago, Zulubeast and co. spent about a month talking me into it.

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!