[Bug List] Bugged Skills and Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

This is a bug I’ve noticed for months. If you use feigned surge and at the very end of its run(last instant) you press feign you get two clones. The easiest way to produce this is to use feigned surge and check your purple clone indicator circles until one gets filled, then immediately press 2 again and you’ll go back and have an extra clone that you shouldn’t. This isn’t too big a deal but can be used in underwater fights to have one more clone you shouldn’t for shatters and such.

I think it’s working as intended, but can’t tell.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Baa.4582

Baa.4582

This isn’t mesmer specific, but reflect damage is based on the reflectees’ (couldn’t think of the real word) power now. It was based on the reflector’s power a few months back.

Tested with guardian steady staff: Orb of Light+Empower vs. mesmer Mirror.
Guardian’ power without empower was 1959 and orb was reflected for 225
Empower raises power to 2379 and orb was reflected for 273
2379/1959 = 1.214;
273/225 = 1.213

Crit chance and crit damage is still based on the reflector, and this inconsistency implies a bug. “Logically” though, reflectee stats should be used.

(edited by Baa.4582)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This isn’t mesmer specific, but reflect damage is based on the reflectees’ (couldn’t think of the real word) power now. It was based on the reflector’s power a few months back.

Tested with guardian steady staff: Orb of Light+Empower vs. mesmer Mirror.
Guardian’ power without empower was 1959 and orb was reflected for 225
Empower raises power to 2379 and orb was reflected for 273
2379/1959 = 1.214;
273/225 = 1.213

Crit chance and crit damage is still based on the reflector, and this inconsistency implies a bug. “Logically” though, reflectee stats should be used.

I will test this out personally, ty for bringing it up.

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Reflection on distortion trait. nothing wrong with the trait or so, but the visible effect is way longer than distortion. Screen mostly shows the issue.

Attachments:

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Just saw this: any environmental weapon I pick blocks my clone generation entirely. It used to summon clones without weapons that attacked with scepter chain.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

*using blurred frenzy on time wraps, makes blurr(evade) effect makes it half instead of 2.30 sec i noticed it on my gvg videos it sux because i used to use my escape route with its regular time 1 sec gets u cc.. blurr evade should be categorized as boon ? so its getting nerf on timewraps because of blurred frenzy channel gets faster on tw..
*i saw i got probably script error on confusion stack on me while using shatters as prepatchs eles attinute script problem.. does it approved ?

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Pyro, I have noticed there is something strange going on with scepter skill 3. If your opponent moves behind you, it keeps channeling but stops hitting. At times it stops, other times the skill goes on a short CD half way through the cast, though you haven’t cancelled the skill or been interrupted. Still trying to test, raising this in case others have further experiences.

Also Winds of Chaos doesn’t have full range with the bounce – if your first target is is 700 away and your second valid target is 600 way, it will hit the first, move towards the second then stop. Each bounce doesn’t get the full range meaning it lacks impact at 1200 range. I considered this may be expected, but eles staff air 1 attack bounces correctly with range (based on testing in the mists) so unsure why Winds of Chaos behaves this way.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

*using blurred frenzy on time wraps, makes blurr(evade) effect makes it half instead of 2.30 sec i noticed it on my gvg videos it sux because i used to use my escape route with its regular time 1 sec gets u cc.. blurr evade should be categorized as boon ? so its getting nerf on timewraps because of blurred frenzy channel gets faster on tw..

Every action is half quicker on TW, nothing particular about BF. Other class’ blocks are shorter too. It is indeed a drawback, but definitely not a bug.

*i saw i got probably script error on confusion stack on me while using shatters as prepatchs eles attinute script problem.. does it approved ?

I… I have no idea about what you are trying to say :S

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spazchap.9801

Spazchap.9801

Just saw this: any environmental weapon I pick blocks my clone generation entirely. It used to summon clones without weapons that attacked with scepter chain.

I’m getting this as well, if i pick up an ele weapon or cultists hammer in fractal, cant spawn any clones from mirror images or decoy. =(

in Mesmer

Baa.4582

I would guess Azo meant he was getting multiple confusion ticks from shatter, but I’ve no idea whether this had been the case before the patch.

As for scepter 3(confusing images), there are 2 parts to the skill: a start-up cast and then a channel where the 5 ticks occur. If your target goes behind you during the start-up, it fails as if you’d cancelled it or been interrupted and goes on the standard 5s cooldown.

Once the channel starts, the full cooldown will start when it completes or is interrupted. This part works like other frontal channels (eg volley): you have to face your target for each tick or it fails. If you want the full channel to hit a melee target running through, you can stand completely still and let the game’s autoturn track your target, or manually turn fast enough if you’ve already overridden the autoturn(which is hard against anyone decent and taking lag into account).

(edited by Baa.4582)

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

yeah so its not bug.. however it doesnt make me any sense it should be on regular timing on all classes with defensive skills..
i put the video of what i mean how i get those confusion stacks..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yecRyBzCbW0
and it seems whadda big nerf on blurred frenzy..

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

The german translation of pDisenchanter has been fixed by now.

Instead, add “no clones generated when wearing non-mesmer weapons”

in Mesmer

Baa.4582

yeah so its not bug.. however it doesnt make me any sense it should be on regular timing on all classes with defensive skills..

The video is private.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

When a mesmer equips at least one radiant glove or mantle you get a weird effect with your phantasms. You get alot of little boxes that are covered with your characters face, blotting out most of the phantasm. Now with two pieces of radiant, it increases amount of the boxes. Tested it across all the phantasms, and it effects them all. However, clones are not effected by it.

Edit: found out it also creates the box effect on you when you stealth. Kind of weird lol

Attachments:

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

(edited by Jarettellis.7813)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Umbra Eight.3651

Umbra Eight.3651

I’m having trouble getting vengeful images to apply retaliation damage from phantasm’s even during its limited five second duration. It does not appear to be proc at all. Can anyone else confirm?

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

The video is private.

u can open with that link now

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Trait # Restorative Mantras Heal allies when casting a mantra does not work is it when you “Charge it” or when to cast the “Charged” skill ( like Power return)?

Pretty sure it’s when you cast it and not charge it.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Trait # Restorative Mantras Heal allies when casting a mantra does not work is it when you “Charge it” or when to cast the “Charged” skill ( like Power return)?

Pretty sure it’s when you cast it and not charge it.

Restorative mantras procs on charge, not on cast. This is not a bug.

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Then they need to fix the tooltip. it say on CAST, not on charge.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The video is private.

u can open with that link now

Just watched your video. It’s tough to tell on my phone, but that could very well be a script bug. I’ll look into it more when I’m on my computer.

in Mesmer

Baa.4582

I didn’t spend more than a few rewinds looking at it, but it appeared to be blurred frenzy hitting a bunch of chaos armors and racking up those confusion stacks. Since the stack comes from multiple sources, and confusion shows 1 floater per source, it looked like he got multiple triggers instead.
We haven’t really tested out how chaos armor’s proc cooldown works in many vs many scenarios.

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

Then they need to fix the tooltip. it say on CAST, not on charge.

The “activation time” (also “casting time”) is the time you see the bar charging. The terms you are using are not exactly defined. So technically all three times you press #6, it can be considered “casting”, while two times have no “cast time”. So in my opinion the only real “cast” is the preparing the charges, which would make the trait’s wording correct.

Restorative mantras procs on charge, not on cast. This is not a bug.

As I read this, it’d mean the opposite. It procs on “charging” not on “charge”. “Charge” could mean “using a charge” – especially when comparing it to casting.
The wording in mantras is pretty difficult. The wiki only uses “activation time” and “recharge”, so it doesn’t differ between preparing mantras and using a charge. Rewording an undefined wording wouldn’t help anyone.
It’s also difficult with Phantasmal haste.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Actually, the torch blast finisher behavior is really weird.

• Drop a field, start The Prestige inside it, walk outside the field, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will apply on the initial position
  • Start The Prestige, stay still, drop a field on yourself, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will apply
  • Start The Prestige, move away, drop a field on yourself, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will NOT apply

It behaves like it records the position for the blast finisher when you enter stealth but applies it’s effect when you exit stealth

in Mesmer

Nretep.2564

It behaves like it records the position for the blast finisher when you enter stealth but applies it’s effect when you exit stealth

Isn’t it better that way ? You see a fire field and want to give your mates might, press prestige, fire field runs out, you come out of your stealth and nothing happens.

Yes, it’s pretty wierd, but I think it’s ok the way it is.

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Isn’t it better that way ? You see a fire field and want to give your mates might, press prestige, fire field runs out, you come out of your stealth and nothing happens.

Yes, it’s pretty wierd, but I think it’s ok the way it is.

Considering most fields won’t last much longer than 3 seconds, nope, I don’t think it’s better that way: it’s just too hard to react to the field, position yourself and wait 3 seconds for the blast to go off.

Someone in a suggestion thread mentioned that The Prestige could be changed to work like Temporal Curtain/Into the Void (pre-nerf): press once for enter stealth, press twice for exit (and damage + blast combo).

In any case, I would prefer that the blast finisher considered the exit position as the finisher position, instead of the start position.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Trog.2918

Trog.2918

I’ve only been playing Mesmer for a little while but I have already seen a couple of annoying things. If these have already been mentioned elsewhere, forgive me. Like I said, I’m new to Mesmer

They are both to do with the great sword.

GS5, which is the knock-back, sometimes the mob is instantly back in your face. Most times it works fine, they get up from a distance and start running back to you. But occasionally they get up from a distance and are instantly teleported back to me.

The second is with GS1 and a weird obstruction bug. I was stood right next to a mob (well chicken actually, was doing the ambient killer daily) and was trying to blast it but all that came up was ‘obstructed’. This also happened on a door while doing my story line. No matter how close I stood or at what angle, it kept saying ‘obstructed’

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Veil is now light, so it can be removed from the list.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@Unknown and shimmerless: I’ll test those out then remove them from the list.

in Mesmer

Baa.4582

I don’t think it’s fixed.
Steady sword, light golem, 5 in dueling only, no amulet:
131 dmg with no vigor;
109 dmg when I have vigor.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

It’s not fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ballantine.9645

Ballantine.9645

The tooltip for Null Field lists its duration as 7 seconds but the field clearly only lasts 3.5-4 seconds. The cooldown is 40 seconds and the field disappears when the counter is at 36.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The tooltip for Null Field lists its duration as 7 seconds but the field clearly only lasts 3.5-4 seconds. The cooldown is 40 seconds and the field disappears when the counter is at 36.

That’s listed already.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delacroix.2650

Delacroix.2650

Using Blurred Frenzy on a Aetherblade Striker with the electric aura will get you stunned. Conversely you will also get stunned if your Illusionary Warden hits the striker even if you’re nowhere near it.
Since the aura does no damage and therefore doesn’t show up in the combat log, I can’t tell if it’s any different to player created electric auras.

I’m not sure if this is supposed to share the same fate as not being able to dodge through static fields or warding but I certainly do not want it affecting PvE where sPvP balance can keep its filthy presence away.

in Mesmer

Elidath.5679

About BF, it is due to the change from invulnerability to dodge. Dodge doesn’t avoid “on hit” effects like the stun of static aura, or retaliation. So, no bug here, just a nerf.

About the warden, though, if it is confirmed it is a bug. If anything, the warden should be stunned, not the mesmer.

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Cliffsidefractal-hammer, using Mirror images or decoy, does not create clones, nor using dodge on clone trait, possible for other environmental weapons. This issue ruins most of shatter builds, making us lose damages on bursts while using the hammer/environmentalweaps.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Posted by: teogeos.1364

teogeos.1364

Hi

That’s listed already.

I don’t see where it’s listed. Maybe you refer to this:
“Temporal Enchanter

Glamour skill tooltips show the duration when using this trait, even when not using the trait."

I think this is wrong. I made tests today with a chronometer, there is what i found:

-> Feedback lasts 5 sec, and 7 sec with Temporal Enchanter. In the
wiki
they say in the notes that the reflection lasts 1 sec more than the visual effect. I verifyed this with the ranger npc in heart of the mists: the reflection effectively lasts a short time more than the visual effect, even if i can’t say if the additional duration is exactly 1 sec. But if this is true, this means that Feedback lasts its intended duration of 6 sec, and 8 sec with Temporal Enchanter.

->Veil lasts its intended duration of 6 sec, and 8 sec with Temporal Enchanter.

->Portail Exeunt lasts its intended duration of 10 sec, and 12 sec with Temporal Enchanter.

-> Nullfield lasts ~4.5 sec. The vusual effect has a strange last “tick”, this maybe means that it rips 5 condis. Even with Temporal Enchanter, Nullfield lasts ~6.5 sec, while its intended normal duration is 7 sec.

So Nullfield seems affected by a specific duration bug that deserves to be put apart.

Thanks Pyro for doing this job

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Not sure if this has been observed before…but staff clones’ Winds of Chaos does not apply burning – only vulnerability and bleed.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Not sure if this has been observed before…but staff clones’ Winds of Chaos does not apply burning – only vulnerability and bleed.

This is not correct, try testing a bit more.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The second is with GS1 and a weird obstruction bug. I was stood right next to a mob (well chicken actually, was doing the ambient killer daily) and was trying to blast it but all that came up was ‘obstructed’. This also happened on a door while doing my story line. No matter how close I stood or at what angle, it kept saying ‘obstructed’

Yes! I find Mirror Blade and iZerker miss things as well, this is mostly WvW related as thats mostly all i do. I find that NPCS on walls can hit me but i cant hit them without either of us moving and just get “obstructed” surely if they can hit me then i should be able to do the same

Another is on siege with Oil being the worst right in front of it and auto, Mirror Blade and iZerker will miss – this also happens sometimes with iWarden as well wheich is freaking annoying when there is NOTHING in the way, everyone else is hitting it perfectly fine so why the hell cant i -.-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Umbra Eight.3651

Umbra Eight.3651

The bounce mechanic on Winds of Chaos (Staff#1) is still targeting yellow neutrals within range of your target. Thought this was fixed when GS#2 was but apparently not.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

Phantasmal Haste

• This trait does not affect the iSwordsman or the iMariner

Should also include iDuelist.

Pretty much the rule of thumb with single handed weapons: You can not reduce cooldowns by more then one cooldown trait. No matter what type of combinations you use. Tends to make quite a number of the limited amount of traits per skill set useless.

(edited by Xovian.8572)

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

When i was in Blurred Frenzy stance (evading) pulled from guardian ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoiI_32ywY

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Phantasmal Haste

Pretty much the rule of thumb with single handed weapons: You can not reduce cooldowns by more then one cooldown trait. No matter what type of combinations you use. Tends to make quite a number of the limited amount of traits per skill set useless.

I will test the iDuelist when I get back home. As far as the second part of your post goes, you are 100% incorrect.

in Mesmer

Baa.4582

Binding Blade is quite special in that sense. Once the hook lands, you can pull people though shield stance or shelter, and apparently evades as you’ve shown. If this was considered a bug though, it would be with binding blade and not blurred frenzy.

in Mesmer

Elidath.5679

Phantasmal Haste

See this wiki page for the how and why of Pyro’s answer
Short version: tootlip is confusing.

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Binding Blade is quite special in that sense. Once the hook lands, you can pull people though shield stance or shelter, and apparently evades as you’ve shown. If this was considered a bug though, it would be with binding blade and not blurred frenzy.

This is what happen, Guardian apply binding blade before you do BF. While you BF, he pulls you interrupting your BF and your evade. Making BF evade useless. If you pop shatter 4, you can make invuln when he pulls, making his pull fail.

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Azo.5860

yess anyway, it doesnt any sense fair to me with Binding Blade.. they should make proper script for BF or Binding Blade..
and Distortation`s skill description F4 doesnt written Invulnerability its writing Evading ?

Azolina – Mesmer

in Mesmer

UnknownFreak.2805

Several tool-tips are not updated with traits.
I-leap. (new cd ~6.5s, but tool-tip list 9.5s)
I-warden.

The bouncing attacks, with trait (+1 bonce), Tool-tip will not list this change
WoC, Mirror-Blade, Trident#1, Magic bullet.

Magic bullet. If traited with extra bounce, update so #4 hit makes confusion (not shown in Tool-tip)

Veil, if traited with extra duration, not shown in Tool-Tip. Stealth extra duration (PU), not showing +1s stealth for Veil, Decoy, MassInvis.

MW trait (20% more damage), not listed on Shatter #1 button.
Illusionary Retribution, Not updating Tool-Tip for confusion on MW, CoF,Daze
Imbued Diversion, Not updating Daze Tool-Tip for Daze Shatter (#3)

Probably more Tool-Tip errors, and mostly a hell lot of them. But I guess these issues will never be fixed :/

Also regeneration on phantasm thing.. blah what you call it (English not my native language), would be nice if it was listed in the Tool-Tip (Traited: Phantasmal healing)

How to crashreport…

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Actually, the torch blast finisher behavior is really weird.

• Drop a field, start The Prestige inside it, walk outside the field, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will apply on the initial position
  • Start The Prestige, stay still, drop a field on yourself, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will apply
  • Start The Prestige, move away, drop a field on yourself, when you emerge from stealth the blast finisher will NOT apply

This has been fixed in the Aug 20th patch (thank you ANet!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Confirming that Mind Spike dealing extra damage when Mesmer has no boons instead of when target has no boons on MH Sword is fixed.