[Build] My Mesmer Commander

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Hi guys,

i recently posted a build for my mesmer who is my main, while i got a lot of criticism for being to squishy, most people came to the conclusion that it was okay due to being on t9 WvW, ive recently changed my trinkets from zerk to knights and pushed more into reflection for large AoE damage in zergs, is there any improvements i can make with this build, im aware that GS may be able to be replaced but the aoe from izerk is invaluable to me for an aoe burst

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8dl0zipHSzqGa9IipC92pHQ3y9clegb82FC-jEDBYfJDDMQojwUAYkFBhIAmKAK7pIasFTFRjVbDTDjIq2krIa1SBYmwI-w

RedC

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I would suggest having some Cavalier in your backpack and equip when needed – this shift your high crit chance towards more crit damage instead. Keep in mind that chances are high you’ll get fury from Warriors and the actual damage will be better than the chance. This is especially good if you want an “omni-build” that can roam decently as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Staff > GS if your planning to play as a commander. It gives AoE boon, so much more survivability than GS, Chaos Armor, good tagging via Chaos Storm and bouncing from auto attack. The only bad thing is okayish damage ( but you shouldn’t be the one who’s doing the damage anyway ) and lack of chasing potential ( can solve via switching to sword/focus or traited 30 into Toughness)

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

i agree with dawdler but butter, the staff is too lackluster, being at the front of the group i need to make sure that i put out impressive burst on the initial hit, a chaos storm while scaring the enemy wont stop and zerg from advance, however when the izerk used just after warden with feedback and GS #2 and #3 and shatter (mind wrack) i pull off some very impressive aoe, in fact the best a mesmer can do, its aoe damage i need not a staff,

tbh this is a thread in its own right but the staff i see is just a lazy way of surviving, its not needed, i understand that its got the phase retreat but im not traiting into chaos and if you use illusionary leap right it wont be needed

in Mesmer

Butter.3024

So you use GS just for iZerker?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

how and who ll u command ? it needs explanation to can do better build..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

So you use GS just for iZerker?

well no and yes, illusionary wave is a good situational skill but i dont really use the other skills unless part of the initial burst, and the autoattack is terrible.

in Mesmer

Butter.3024

Ok, since you are a commander, you won’t have that much precision and crit damage anyway, making the iZerker significantly weaker. Then, since you will using iZerker on their front line, it will barely tickle those Guardians and Warriors with 2500 toughness and 35k HP plus not to mention Protection, Ageis, Dodge, etc. What if the other Zerg is crushing on your Zerg and they veil in, no iZerker.

I’m just thinking that iZerker won’t actually hit that hard, as best when it crits it will hit at most 1.7k on like 4,5 people. The Staff Chaos Storm skill alone IMO already outshines iZerker. Not to mention when traited it can immobilize the enemy Zerg for 2.25s, which is incredibly good since immobilize is the only way to stop a Stability Melee Train

If you really want damage you should just build a almost full zerker Mesmer and just stand from afar and raining down AoE

(edited by Butter.3024)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

whats the goal? i meaned..

commander: if i would commander for competitive players.. so i trust my leader skills.. so i would not think what i am doing rather than focus on mobility for groups advantage and timing for group.. be alive be communicated and scan the environment for best opportunities.. and be alive.. or for fun.. or others..

opportunitiy to my group.. so it needs self sufficient skills, experience(knowladge) and communication..
opportuinity comes from your goal.. example can be best effectiveness for server.. (points), or for guild..(influence, training, achivement..) or personal.. or others? …

so leader includes.. as my experianced with 12 years gaming life in competitive..
self sufficent, being skillful.. iq eq reflex social skills.. and then experiance(knowladge… all about) and goal.. ther ere some tips from me

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

I would suggest having some Cavalier in your backpack and equip when needed – this shift your high crit chance towards more crit damage instead. Keep in mind that chances are high you’ll get fury from Warriors and the actual damage will be better than the chance. This is especially good if you want an “omni-build” that can roam decently as well.

How does this make mathematical sense? The crit hit damage is directly proportional to the crit chance and power. Hence, unless you’re fearful of hitting 100% crit chance I don’t see why you’d bother stacking crit damage. Even then, I’d just stack Power before bothering with crit damage. On top of that, the only reason to take crit at all is if you’re are either maxxed out on power or need it to trigger a trait.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Damage-Power-Precision-and-Golden-Ratios gives a good explanation regarding it.

I simply go by the Power > Precision > Crit Dmg guideline.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

(edited by Helios.3598)

in Mesmer

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

You know, people keep saying that power beats crit damage in every situation, but it really doesn’t. It’s only the case if all you do is use autoattack.

Crit damage is very easy to get equipment-wise and can really improve the dps of non-zerker builds (a small investment in crit damage goes a long way, especially if you have a high precision but low power like many condition builds). It also give a massive increase in shatter damage if you have the “precise wrack” trait. Just something to keep in mind as you put together your equipment.

Inir [CAT]

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

had a mesmer meeting yesterday and the build has changed slightly

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8dl0zipXTzqGa9IipH9Gx5bnUAdLXJF82FC-jEDBYfJDDMQojwUAYkFBhIAmKAK7pIasFTFRjVbDTDjIq2krIa1SBYmwI-w

but no youre wrong about iZerk not doing any damage, ive now removed phantasms do 15 extra damage and fury for phantasms to go 20 more into chaos giving extra toughness and boon duration, shorter cooldown on manipulation making arcane theivery more viable,

Now to explain the i zerker, youre wrong even untraited this skill still applies way more damage to a zerg than chaos storm chaos storm is capped at 5 enemies wheres as the zerk can (while still capped at 5) moves through the zerg with 4 hits hitting on average 10 players, 10 cripples and lots of damage, its part of an aoe burst, chaos storm is good but its incredibly long cooldown with the other skills being lacklust, makes the staff a terrible weapon in my opinion, i have no problem surviving with leap so i dont need phase retreat.

in Mesmer

Butter.3024

I guess it would work for being a lower tier server, you can get away with it. If you like GS for one skill that much then use it

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

I guess it would work for being a lower tier server, you can get away with it. If you like GS for one skill that much then use it

lmao sorry to do this but build changed again, i have a piece of paper on with so much calculations it hurts xD but i think ive cracked the reflection mesmer with GS, im gonna be honest, i think it would be more useful have the staff for the immob interupt and blink i could definitly utilise the phase retreat with leap and bein immortal but i love the GS too kitten much, and its good to get might from it tbh, aoe boon remoaval on mind stab aswell
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAR8dl0zipXTzqGa9IipHEXvJcnUAdLXJF82FC-j0CBojCyUEAEBwUBQJQFRjtYqIasKGYqTC1qYJycOR+DDrWKgUmAA-w

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Simply due to their stability and damage mitigation guardian and warrior are the goto commander professions. You can’t lead when you’re immobilized. Elementalists seem to do ok as well but I personally wouldn’t want to micro manage the attunements and command at the same time. That in mind, a bit of reflection is the last thing you want to be concerned with then facing off two opposing map zergs in your home garrison… That’s assuming this thread is even about wvw command builds which it doesn’t seem like it is.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Simply due to their stability and damage mitigation guardian and warrior are the goto commander professions. You can’t lead when you’re immobilized. Elementalists seem to do ok as well but I personally wouldn’t want to micro manage the attunements and command at the same time. That in mind, a bit of reflection is the last thing you want to be concerned with then facing off two opposing map zergs in your home garrison… That’s assuming this thread is even about wvw command builds which it doesn’t seem like it is.

started running with an organised team, you dont need stability as the commander, its trivial, every guard in the group should be popping stability, with a guardian in every party theres no issues

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

started running with an organised team, you dont need stability as the commander, its trivial, every guard in the group should be popping stability, with a guardian in every party theres no issues

let me add that veil and timewarp, (veil i switch to) are skills that need to be placed instantly so it gives a huge advantage for the commander to be a mesmer, using chat to give orders when to pop them takes too much time and can be the difference between a wipe and a win

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Did they fix the issue where you couldnt have Phantasmal Fury + Retaliation at the same time? They never used to stack.