Build
http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMBfAJkBKQ~
Ammy: Zerk
Rune: Pack
Weapons: GS – Air/Fire – Sw/Pi – Fire/Bloodlust
Heal: MoR
Util: Decoy, Blink, MoD
Elite: MI

So first game after a few long weeks of not playing and like us all I put my first pick of the new trait changes to the test. Of course I made a vid about it. This is the new Phantrupt, now with 100+ more rupting lockdown punishment AND the all new and improved team support aspect.

Personally this was a terrible game for me given I’ve not touched the game in so long, the game was have performance/load issues or something, and with all these new bells and whistles firing off on my screen I was feeling somewhat frazzled. But I managed to carry my pug team rather well (esp given our comp. scores at end ;D) which I’ve no doubt many of the new features had something to do with.

If you’re a fan of Rupt, or more specifically Phantrupt I encourage you to give it a whirl. Question build choices as normal.

Vid
http://youtu.be/VzopWtDIcXw

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

[Build] Phantrupt or Die (New + Vid)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Upload now processed. Will add more vids in days to come :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: jax.5679

jax.5679

I like this – could offer some great support and still dish out.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh, and the reason I got locked up after downing that necro is that the iSwap landed me with that stupid lock up bug. So that bug seems to be back in effect -_-u

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

its hard to see the effectiveness

seem you lag, your team bad comp and zerg play style

put tpvp full 5v5 team so we can judge better

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yo Ross!

Messiah kinda has a point, it’s hard to see exactly what makes the build stand out in that gameplay. I just saw a bunch of bursting, and a couple interrupts, but nothing necessarily build defining.

Lets see some tpvp!

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Oh.. so the “slam Ross’s gameplay” is still a thing.

I guess I’ll have to watch it and re-post.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh.. so the “slam Ross’s gameplay” is still a thing. ;)

Hey now, they’re trying to do it as nicely as possible :p

Anyway, whenever I rewatch my interrupt mesmer gameplay I’m always saying to myself “nobody’s going to see the intricacies of what just happened there”, usually because of insta cast heals and MoD, and while in team fights. Why? Because, and im sure any rupt mesmer could say this, but my mind is sprawled across three different opponents, covering two other team mates, executing multiple offensive and defensive strategies in a single instance that never so much as procs an animation from my character. That’s just how it goes I guess :D

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Oh.. so the “slam Ross’s gameplay” is still a thing.

Hey now, they’re trying to do it as nicely as possible :p

Anyway, whenever I rewatch my interrupt mesmer gameplay I’m always saying to myself “nobody’s going to see the intricacies of what just happened there”, usually because of insta cast heals and MoD, and while in team fights. Why? Because, and im sure any rupt mesmer could say this, but my mind is sprawled across three different opponents, covering two other team mates, executing multiple offensive and defensive strategies in a single instance that never so much as procs an animation from my character. That’s just how it goes I guess

If you have the time and don’t mind putting in a little extra effort, why not add some timestamps/captions? Certain points in the clips you want to note and explain what exactly is going on that people may not notice.

Right now, that current video doesn’t properly highlight what makes the build so good. It’s not your specific gameplay, but just the fights highlighted didn’t really seem to do the build justice. There were quite a few times you were +1ing or getting jumped rather than even fights.

@Slim: Don’t you sass me. Ross picks on me; he says I’m not intimidating enough!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

@ Work but will watch and hate later. That being said, PvP videos with commentary have always been the best ones.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

@ Work but will watch and hate later. That being said, PvP videos with commentary have always been the best ones.

Commentary would require a bit of extra effort. But maybe I’ll give it a whirl one day. Montage a match and go over the encounters. Captions I can do as I do them often.

Still need recording software that captures voice.

And yes, you’d only fear Chaos if you couldn’t stand being smothered in soft, warm cuddles. Much like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LhMiupkMI

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m probably a bit biased as the content creator, but if you want an example of doing captions for fight explanation well, take a look at my old immortal videos Ross.

Just make sure you use white text with a black outline. My version of premier back then couldn’t do that, so it’s not as legible as it should be now and then.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

And yes, you’d only fear Chaos if you couldn’t stand being smothered in soft, warm cuddles. Much like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LhMiupkMI

See! See!

I have rights to hate on this guy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

I play something very similar in WvW, with Sword/Torch in place of Sword/Pistol (and slightly different lower-tier traits).

You very easily pick up HM stacks over the normal course of a fight without burning mantras just to get a DPS boost. Good damage, good defense, lots of healing and cleansing. Didn’t miss DE at all post-patch yesterday.

I did find myself needing to trade in Decoy for Mantra of Concentration to beat CI ‘phantrupt’ builds in duels, though (I prefer Decoy for the general case).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

Some form of mobility (portal, travelers runes) is not provided in the build? It may possibly be suitable for Courtyard, but otherwise for nothing.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Some form of mobility (portal, travelers runes) is not provided in the build? It may possibly be suitable for Courtyard, but otherwise for nothing.

Oh, one of these guys.

Don’ t worry, the only torny team comp I play in is 5 mesmers. Plenty of portals to go around.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

YAY Ross!! Excited to check this out when I have some time!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

I played several builds yesterday and found I had the most success with a build exactly the same as this except I use double swords so opted for Fencer’s Finesse over Evasive Mirror and Illusionary Inspiration over Mental Defense.

With a Knights amulet I found sustain rather good though damage was a bit lacking. Will have to try out with Mauraders/Berserkers and Mental Defense later tonight.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

Oh, one of these guys.

Don’ t worry, the only torny team comp I play in is 5 mesmers. Plenty of portals to go around.

Oh, a Premade build. Say that immediately, then I do not waste time with reading.^^

(edited by Magira.6390)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh, one of these guys.

Oh, a Premade build. Say that immediately, then I do not waste time with reading.^^

The point being, if not premade your concerns immediately become irrelevant. What does any Mesmer need portal for soloQ? Traveller runes? Pfft, what a waste.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Oh, one of these guys.

The point being, if not premade your concerns immediately become irrelevant. What does any Mesmer need portal for soloQ? Traveller runes? Pfft, what a waste.

Maybe for you a waste, but not for him.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Oh, one of these guys.

Maybe for you a waste, but not for him.

Gotta take what you need. Play to win.