[Build] Stuntasm - Thief no Hardcounter

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

So,
with the new Patch a lot changed. After making this Build, testing it and fighting with it against all classes and a lot of new builds, our Guild came to the conclusion that Thief is not a hardcounter anymore, and “Medi” Guard Builds have a really hard time when they face it.

[Build] :

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RFRZ;1VPk3197sU-71;9;4STU;0038038156;4INl6T;1CoF2CoF25M

[Video] :

https://youtu.be/BEbzXydAxok

Its a mix between Lockdown, Phantasm and Shatter. You have a lot of safeStomps. You have high Surviveability, many stuns, many conditions and boons AND: you can One-Hit every bersercer class when they fail (or when they do nohting)

Maybe Mesmer is now tpvp viable, because you bring a lot cc support for your group and really nice damage which is like the damage of shatter if played right.

The playstyle of this build is self-explaining for mesmers if you take a look of those traits. The Video hasnt a great Quality, I even had some lags when recording these fights. I uploaded the video for some people who wanted to see some Combos, hope the quality is enough for this.

Take a look, have fun to play it. [Stuntasm] is waiting for you to take revenge :P

PM me ingame if you are confused and need help with this build.
—-
Momekas

Momekas
Momekas Namu

(edited by MandJ.8965)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Weapons???

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

Jep, failed Edited.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: jax.5679

jax.5679

Maybe you could post it with greater detail (build/wepons/gear/utilities etc) with Mists instead? http://intothemists.com/calc/

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

Maybe you could post it with greater detail (build/wepons/gear/utilities etc) with Mists instead? http://intothemists.com/calc/

Thank you mate, i change the link!

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I dunno man… I’ve just been going through the thief updates and some of their buffs and trait re-allocations can be classified as downright insane at the moment. ;-(

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Honesty I’m just laughing that you’re claiming to have tested this build thoroughly. The patch has been out for what, 3 hours now?

This build may very well be decent, but give it a rest and actually test it before proclaiming it as the best thing since sliced bread.

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

Honesty I’m just laughing that you’re claiming to have tested this build thoroughly. The patch has been out for what, 3 hours now?

This build may very well be decent, but give it a rest and actually test it before proclaiming it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Why we came to the conclusion?
Its just because EVERY Guildie cant do anything in a 1vs1.
And you can be sure that the build exists longer than 3 hours :P

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Every guildy, all playing completely new builds themselves, whose own 1v1ing ability may or may not be questionable.

Forgive me if I have doubts about the extent of testing you’ve been able to do in the 3 hours since the biggest balance patch in GW2 history went live.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Every guildy, all playing completely new builds themselves, whose own 1v1ing ability may or may not be questionable.

Forgive me if I have doubts about the extent of testing you’ve been able to do in the 3 hours since the biggest balance patch in GW2 history went live.

Eh… how about YOU giving it a rest. Or is that your lot in life… to come on here and KITTEN over everyone else’s threads ?

Geez… we’ll know soon enough whether his build works or not. Everyone is just having fun with their new play toys. Go and be a kitten somewhere else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relendless.9413

Relendless.9413

seems like you the condi + PU player by mesmer ( right ^^)
and now your just bad at Mesmer and cant play it like it was.
so you flame someone else thread.

Just test the build a few days and you will see, and when not then just say you dont like the build and dont flame all day.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Eh… how about YOU giving it a rest. Or is that your lot in life… to come on here and KITTEN over everyone else’s threads ?

Geez… we’ll know soon enough whether his build works or not. Everyone is just having fun with their new play toys. Go and be a kitten somewhere else.

I have no issue with people talking about new and interesting things/builds.

I take issue with people proclaiming to have thoroughly tested builds to be fantastic and effective within 3 hours of the patch going live. It’s absurd and misleading.

Edit: @Relendless

Lol.

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

Just try it Fay, and please read, it wasnt 3 hours. I dont go into details about this, but you can be sure its well tested.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Just try it Fay, and please read, it wasnt 3 hours. I dont go into details about this, but you can be sure its well tested.

No, no, see it was 3 hours give or take, but still around the 3 hour mark. What Fay is saying is simply that we can’t yet judge things to be fantastic yet simply because we’re facing people who are both going through new changes themselves, thus not fully adjusted to their new builds, and also don’t have a clue what they’re facing or up against, AKA not Uber-Lockdown Mesmer.

While I agree Lockdown builds are now very impressive, Fay’s point stands in that saying that you’ve thoroughly tested a build within hours of the patch going live isn’t going to prove a lot until the dust has settled and the meta has adjusted.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

but im feeling optimistic for once. I bin eating thieves all afternoon

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

No, no, see it was 3 hours give or take, but still around the 3 hour mark. What Fay is saying is simply that we can’t yet judge things to be fantastic yet simply because we’re facing people who are both going through new changes themselves, thus not fully adjusted to their new builds, and also don’t have a clue what they’re facing or up against, AKA not Uber-Lockdown Mesmer.

While I agree Lockdown builds are now very impressive, Fay’s point stands in that saying that you’ve thoroughly tested a build within hours of the patch going live isn’t going to prove a lot until the dust has settled and the meta has adjusted.

I know what he wants to say bro….
well i just say : Ok

@Vieux P
Yep, we can feel very optimistic

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

You gotta admit Pyro, thieves maybe able to evade immobilize with their easy retreat (which btw CD is now 3s more), but they can’t avoid accessible stuns every 5s. Especially since our mantra CD recharges at background, making mantra of distraction very very accessible.

But MandJ, how do you handle condition? Have you encounter any condi heavy opponents yet? How viable will this build be in WvW where condi thieves are everywhere?

Another side note, does this stun duration work with sigil of paralyzation? I’m too busy to test this out in the morning but 55% stun duration is quite potent for support lockdown (I know offense won’t be as pretty).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I’ve been doing pretty well in a sorta tanky power shatter build against Thieves, simply due to CS and the Blind on shatter. It just really gets them where it hurts, their mobility and stealth.

They pop me from stealth and I just F3 them to interrupt their swerve, and like the overconfident nerds they usually are they try to swing at me and just whiff, then get MWd and whiff again. Usually they’re dead or running by that time. So much less stealth and mobility when you have that combo of stuns and blinds.

I won’t claim these were even remotely competent Thieves, but before it didn’t require that to give me a very hard time facing them 1v1 in a power shatter build. I’m sure they’ll adjust and things will get harder, but for now it was a lot of fun not being their punching bag anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Fought a version of that build and I must say Mesmers can’t complain about thieves anymore.

It’s face roll vs thieves and quite frankly prolly puts mesmer at a counter to thieves

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

@Nicenikeshoe

In PvP there is not really a need for Condition Remove, but for WvW I use [Mantra of Resolve], but I rarely roam solo. In a Smallscale Fight the Conditions arent that hard with Condition Reduce Buffood. Sure, if you eat too much conditions, its over, but every build has his weakness. If you dont want to play with [Mantra of Distraction] just use the Condi Remove Mantra if you feel safer with it. I will using it too when I roam solo and the Condi Meta hits the game. The Stuns you have with Shatter and Staff and Pistol will be enough.
The sigill unfortunately doenst stack, 55% stun duration would be awesome ^^
Like Windwalker and T raw said, its now much better than before.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Over at the PvP forum, many are saying every class has builds that do insane dmg, I doubt the current skills will stay this way for long…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Everyone racing to lay claim to their builds…

Inb4 “Immortal stunarino-phant-kickerupt-mower-cat 2.1 beta variant 3a”

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah the whole laying claims to builds is really a bit outdated now, the combinations are much more obvious than before, and so it’s going to be really difficult to claim what basically is obvious.

Mainly you have a set of priorities, and while these definitely do change a little bit from person to person, overall they’re fairly similar and the choices in each line thus become rather obvious.

We’ll see a little more diversity with Elite specs, but overall I think builds will look far more similar than before for any given type of build. Sometimes less is more, because overall I think we’re not losing diversity but mostly gaining by more types of builds becoming more viable. (Not necessarily meta, just more viable! :P)

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

seems like you the condi + PU player by mesmer ( right ^^)
and now your just bad at Mesmer and cant play it like it was.
so you flame someone else thread.

Just test the build a few days and you will see, and when not then just say you dont like the build and dont flame all day.

lool. sorry but u really dont know pyro!! u really dont, like at all. like never knew who the inventor of the immortal mesmer is! my guild leader (kylia deprigen, the inventor of the glamour build) did 1v1 him and lost. so did we back then. nowadays pyro has tested a ton of builds in spvp and wvw. he is not flamming the build itself but claiming its the best build out there is a little early atm. thats all.
ill check the build out too and see after testing it out.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Weez.6315

Weez.6315

this is nearly the same build i am running currently with other weapons and a few minor trait changes. Since it is clearly the most obvious choice for a shatter mesmer im sure most mesmers tried it out after patch.
and it works pretty well for sure.
i got no problems against d/p thieves with it (hadnt problems against them before patch tbh) but s/d thieves should be still a hardcounter.

Didnt fight many medi guards yet and dunno what changed for them so i wont comment that one.

Mimsy – On a crusade against PU and Phantasm builds!

(edited by Weez.6315)

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

@Weez

Hmm. Fighted a lot S/D Thieves, I think they are too soft. I mean, Thief has 11k HP with Bersercer in tPvP. the Warlock hits multiple times for 7-9k (without sigills).

@selan
Nobody said its the best build I just want to share with the mesmer community a build, where thieves have a lot of trouble against. Hope you have fun with it

@cyrix
Maybe I should call it Mo`s/MandJ-Super-Mega-Immortal-Interrupt-Oh-My-God-What-A-Crazy-Burst-And-So-Much-Stuns-Build haha. Like I said, just want to give you guys a good build, and felt [Stuntasm] is a cool Name :P Nothing more.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Mandj, while I’ll definitely agree that the build is very strong right now, it’s not exactly.. innovative.

This trait spread is pretty much what every 4/4/6 or 6/4/4 lockdown Mesmer is running right now. I mentioned it last week, Jebro just threw up a thread about it, someone just mentioned it in the PvP thread, and now here…

It’s a good build, for sure, but everyone is acting like they discovered something amazing by putting together the most obvious traits. One thing I’ll suggest, run some more tests trying Mesmer runes and Sigil of Paralyze, you should see a noticeable increase in the pistol’s stun duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

im using the build atm and yes its a ton of fun. lots of survival and a ton of iterrupts.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

MandJ.8965

@selan

Glad that you have fun with it!

I edited a Video, where you guys can see some cutscenes I took from a PvP Match. The quality isnt great and I had a few lags while recording it, but I hope the quality is good enough to show some combos.

Momekas
Momekas Namu