[Build] The Shatasm mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

So yea, this has been probably done before, but i thought ide share my build anyways since i dont see one exactly like this in the build topic.

The Shatasm build. WVW build.
Ive constantly switched between phantasm and shatter builds. Problem is theres obvious weakness in the phantasm build, and there are some weaknesses also with the shatter build (probably me). I also find that with either a shatter build or a phantasm build, if your enemy knows you, they know the easy counters.

This build also you to be very unpredictable. You can play it like a phantasm, or a shatter, or whatever. Confuse thy enemy.

Traits for the build 10/30/0/0/30
http://tinyurl.com/l3jweta

Domination
Empowered Illusions (III)
Because i want my Phantasms to hurt. Even with the kitten izerker its still hits hard when it hits right.

Chaos
Phantasmal Fury (II)
I want to make sure they hit hard and load my enemy up with bleeds.

Duelist’s Discipline (IX)
This is great for getting out more phantasms and the range makes a huge difference on both the phantasm and your magic
bullet.

Deceptive Evasion (X)
A shatter build staple. More clones, more damage and clutter for the enemies to pick through.

Illusions
Precise Wrack (I)
Making ever shatter count, especially since you dont have the 20% dmg shatter

Compounding Power(III)
More dmg is always good. I used to run the bouncing trait here,
but since bounces are bugged, going with this. You could also place Illusionary Invigoration here if you choose.

Illusionary Persona (IX)
On demand shatters. What i most miss in phantasm build.

Gearing:
All berserker gear for armor, save knight chest. Zerker weapons with energy on each set, and 5% crit on offhand.

Backpeice and 1x acessory zerker, amulet/rings/1 x acessory are cavalier. Runes of centaur on armor. Cavalier is the real meat of this build. It gives you alot of defense and still keeps your damage high.

Yer also gonna have a precision stacking weapon set with this build. I usually put 2 x perception runs on my double weapon set, this means eveyr time u kill a mob yer getting 2 stacks of precision.

Runes, i like centuar, need the speed and the power is nice. I hate air because they always seem to proc off something when im trying to stealth. Just aint worth it. Sigils, I like energy on my GS/staff. I also carry a generosity version of each too if im runnig into alot of conditions. The dual weapon set i like energy and accuracy. More dodges, more clones, more defense!.

I run the build mostly with Greatsword and sword/pistol. The nice thing about this build is its easy to switch out weapons without having to respec. I sometimes switch out to the staff in some situations. You dont need the cool down reduction for staff nor GS because you will be spending alot of time in your dual weaponset anyways. You really are only switching to GS to get a phantasm off, create a clone, and/or knockback thieves out of shadow refuge and for stomping/rezzing.

Food
Master maintence oil. More bleeds and consistant crits.
Bowl of lemongrass and poultry soup. -40% condition duration and +70 vitality. This is a must for this build as your condition removal is almost non existant unless you swap in a condition removing phantasms. I find with this food i have little problems dealing with conditions. If im dueling a pure condition build, usually ill jsut swap out decoy for the dienchanter.

Gameplay
This is where it gets fun. In a generic situation, usually ill open up with a mirror blade, izerker, dodgeroll and shatter. This is gonna leave the person or group hurtin. Swap out to my offhand set, drop a duelist, creat esome clones and maybe dance around for a bit, or go straight into a shatter combo with illusionary leap.

The nice thing about this build, is people used to fighting mesmers are going to usually assume you are a phantasm build because they see the signet, and if they are smart will try to counter a phantasm style of fight, using blinds/interrupts to stop you from producing phantasms. Then you unload a fat shatter combo on em when they get in your face. Alot of times they will backoff, then you start dumping phantasms on them, rinse repeat.

Overall its a very flexible build, you dont have to follow a rotation, u can be rather unpredictable and you have full access to most of a mesmers abilities. And you dont have to be cranked out on redbulls like on a shatter build to play it awesome, and you cover up alot of the obvious weaknesses of a phantasm build

Ok thats it for now, discuss, ask questions, tear me apart, etc.

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

(edited by Rinzler.8072)

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

I somewhat find the title of the build… disturbing.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wonderer.1790

Wonderer.1790

Disturbing yes, but maybe better sounding than ‘The Phatter’ build.

80 Thief, 80 Warrior, working on Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Rinzler.8072

Wait till i figure out the Mantasm build…. :-P

Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I run 20/20/0/0/30 taking I and III in domination and II and X in dueling. More hybrid than yours, don’t you think? Nice thing is that works everywhere with any weapon you want.
But nothing new here, is a typical and well known build.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

This is exactly what I was trying to get at with my post but no one replied:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-advise/first#post2157885

I find myself in the same situation as yours meaning that I both like shatter and phantasms but find pro&cons in both builds.

But let me ask why is bouncing trait (Illusionary elasticity) bugged? I’ve tried it last night and didn’t notice anything in particular. In view of this I would run:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAR8alwzipXUzpGb9IBqHYP7fnUhWX6Bu5duB-TsAg0CnImRNjbGzMyZszM+Y9xuAA

If bouncing trait is indeed bugged I would swap it for -20% on phantasms recharge.
Also, I may swap sword specialization for clone on dodge but since I use mirror and decoy I hope I can do without.
Last, I will try sword/pistol – sword/torch for an extra escape method so that I can drop extra bounce, which I really like in conjunction with GS.

Nice to get someone with my same problems

in Mesmer

Rinzler.8072

20/20/0/0/30 Is a decent build. The problems with it is, its very lackluster when using and offhand pistol, since you dont have access to Duelist’s Discipline.

It is also less versatile. I can change up to s/s on the fly without having to go respec. Its not uncommon for me to switch between pistol and offhand sword if i know what group i am running into while im out roaming.

Also i find the 20/20/0/0/30 build lacking when i decide to switch my GS out to Staff in the field. Anytime i run staff, i almost always run pistol offhand and that extra range + cooldown reduction is a must.

Videos:

in Mesmer

Posted by: theCOREYCOLAK.5698

theCOREYCOLAK.5698

Disturbing yes, but maybe better sounding than ‘The Phatter’ build.

Hahahaha oh man, I just spat my water out all over my screen. Thank-you very much for the laugh.

Corey Goes Shatter (One Fabulous Mesmer)
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Bring back good ol’ Xees Shantasm!

btt: It’s a good build, I’ve had similar ones in the past in tPvP.
For WvW, I don’t like running (almost) full berserker.

Show us some gameplay if you have the time!

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

What?! No, celestial ascended trinkets!?! This isn’t Rinzler, who are you imposter!

I actually started to get back into my mesmer again. I’ve been running 10/30/0/0/30 with Scepter/torch (or focus), sword/pistol. My gearing is slightly different but similar as I use Cav, zerker, and knights. For food because I’m a cheapo I’ve been using the Orrian Steak fitters (100 power, 70 vit).

Kinda scary that I start running a build similar to yours….

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT