Chronomancer Feedback Thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

right now there’s very little opportunity cost to X*2

Precisely why I hope they will consider dropping gravity well and making the shatter an elite before they consider neutering it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LittleFlyingFox.7256

LittleFlyingFox.7256

Loving the chronomancers, but hating the wells (not sure why but they feel underwhelming). Just my two cents

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

My impressions:

• some traits seem very uncreative like super speed on shatter or alacrity on shatter to mention a few. I expected more special traits to adapt to a certain playstyle…
  • the trait “Danger Time” increases your crit chance by 30% against slowed targets – it feels so wrong to have this since we want 100% crit chance anyway for fencers. In a pt we have much too much crit chance. This trait should be changed to something like “You AND your phantasms deal 10% bonus dmg to slowed targets”.
  • Gravity Well needs to be buffed, either in cc or in cd. Maybe remove the dmg and create a ultra cc, idk, but like this it’s too weak for pve compared to TW and for pvp you have plenty of time to just move out of it and even if it hits – a 2sec stun on 90 sec cd? meh …
  • Continuum Split (F5) shouldn’t be destroyable. It’s just not necessary. The duration is fairly low and it’s hard enough to use it without getting interrupted by some random aoes. It’s breaks the fun and capability of this skill. It’s like you’d be able to destroy ranger / thief traps or ele lava fonts or something. It’s just not necessary.
  • Shield is awesome, but again the bug / problem with skill 5 or skills who throw something that SHOULD return in general: walls ruin those skills
  • well sounds are too quiet

Edit: wow … champs with breakbars cannot be dazed either so we can’t stack vuln on champs+ anymore … fix this too ANet pls

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

right now there’s very little opportunity cost to X*2

Precisely why I hope they will consider dropping gravity well and making the shatter an elite before they consider neutering it.

Would still be too good, even as an elite. You simply can’t balance an entire profession’s skills around the possibility of an instant reset.

Anyway, building on my earlier post, some specific suggestions:

-Shield 4 becomes Deja Vu if it blocks, but if not it becomes a third skill after ~1s which lets you cancel the channel to instantly summon the phantasm.
-If the F5 rift is killed, we don’t get the rewind.
-Avenger phantasm changed to allow rebound on bounce. Pve buff, no real pvp effect.
-Alacrity buff/rework. Even if this thing were impactful (which currently it is not at all), I doubt that would be enough to make it interesting. It’s basically might. An invisible passive that you try to get more of but play the same regardless of whether you do.
-Aoe resistance for phantasms in pve, for the love of God.

(edited by alia.8349)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Am going to call it now even due i have not played the chronomancer but on what am seeing. It going to be nelf. It just too OP.

Been watching people test it out and seeing what they can do, how fast you can create and shatter your illusion is just too much.

In a 1v1 it already too powerful now when you look at it in a tpvp situation, if you run with say a thief as a support or any class that can lock another player down enough for the mesmer to create shatter create and shatter again will not last that barrage.

Even a necro will find it very difficult.

As much as I don’t want it to happen it going to happen. Other class are going to cry out OP and nelf.

I am really worried cause now we will see everybody, the granny and the kitchen sick playing mesmer when HOT comes out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

How about you people actually play mesmer before calling for massive overhaul of a class spec only in beta. Nah. That’d make too much sense and be way more time consuming than just whining on the forums. I seriously hope Anet doesn’t take this seriously because Chronomancer is incredibly unique and brings so much to the table, it’d be a shame to see it crushed into “just another trait line” before it’s even released.

The fact that you’re calling for massive overhauls after not even a day of testing shows that you not only have no interest in learning any new mechanics(only whining about them until everything is cookie cutter builds), but you also don’t really care what happens to mesmer overall since you don’t play it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Dyemaster.3089

The Dyemaster.3089

Chronomancer seems like 3 different playstyles trying to crowd one another out. The trait line has the shatter stuff, which is stupidly good and allows spamming. The weapon has blocking and position based mechanics which mean lots of movement and keeping track of the flow of the battle. The wells are slower and require planning and combo mechanics, and are more of an aoe/support style.

And all that’s fine. Multiple playstyles are good.

What bothers me is the trait line. The trait line is REQUIRED, and I don’t feel that it supports the other two playstyles enough.

The movement speed helps with the shield playstyle a bit. The trait that adds condition removal to the END of wells is underwhelming. The shattering mechanics blow them out of the water, and if you want to use the wells you’re stuck with a trait line that doesn’t adequately support your playstyle.

This is only my opinion based on initial gameplay, and I could be wrong. But if I’m using wells to set up aoe and combos or darting around using my weapon skills, I’m probably going to keep my phantasms around instead of shattering them. And there isn’t much trait support for that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

My vote is to drop ‘Improved Alacrity’ and create some type of shield augmenting trait (really disappointing this even needs to be suggested).

Make ’All’s Well That Ends Well’ into something more interesting, this trait and wells in general are pretty underwhelming.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

After play testing some more, there’s really no room for Wells other than Well of Gravity.

Blink, Decoy, Portal are still better in every way possible for organized group play.

I was playing with Well of Calamity and the crit damage is nice of 4k but they need to be in there for 3 seconds. With ports, stun breaks, leaps, it’s tough to keep them in there. It takes a lot of timing, cooldown usage for an ability that can crit for 4k and applies cripple/weakness but it still seems underwhelming compared to other utilities.

I think I’m not fully sold on wells due to them having a timer that does an effect.

P.S. Can we get other combo fields other than Ethereal?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

(edited by phokus.8934)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

So far my current thoughts are that shield is great, yet not when paired with scepter or sword. Between the two, you’d think sword would be best (considering it’s in meta). However, it doesn’t have the same value without torch #4. Instead, scepter with conditions works best as shield does a fine job of helping mesh blocks and illusion creation.

I did notice that with a dom/duel/chorono, my illusion production is through the roof. I traited with meta and opted for mantra so I could get that extra daze (concentration over portal). A daze to prep before scepter #3 seemed pretty effective. Then follow with blocks and more interrupts.

Chrono traits:

- Delayed Reactions
- Illusionary Reversion
- Chronophantasma

I’ve also noticed how Continuum Split doesn’t seem all too worth it. I’ve gotten a few instances of enemies chasing down elevated paths and popping split before I drop to bounce back up while they’re left below. Other than that, pop for blind and boon removal I guess (with required traits).

Been doing good with 1v1 and some bunkering, a lot better than meta and yet still with some dmg from meta.

Desperately need condi removal though. I took Lyssa runes and mass invis to drop when it’s too hot. That seems like the best I can do though. I really didn’t feel good dropping blink or decoy.

(edited by Blackmoon.6837)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

so far ive only tried it in PVE and I absolutely hated it. ill have to try it again, and in pvp

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

Before the beta I wasnt excited, now I cant wait! Chronophantasma allows for actually engaging PvE gameplay (I know chronos dont seem super useful in PvE but still). I now do more than just summon all three phants than spam two other skills.

Well are underWELLming but I cant really complain with mesmer’s plethora of other useful utilities

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Recharges on everything are way too long. F5, shield skills, wells. As usual, Mesmer is being balanced around PvP and leaving PvE with impractically long recharges. Robert, both you and I know this has been a long-term problem with Mesmer balance, from all the way back in GW1. Please don’t let history repeat itself again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Not going to have much time to play it till Sunday but from the hour I spent doing the little intro thing and messing about in open world the skills are fun and definetly help there.

Lots of AoE, lots of quickness, sheild kittens harder and moves faster then I was expecting, nice alternative to DE, Quickness and alacrity on shatter is making me use shatters that aren’t Mind Wrack. Gravity well is bad but its fun watching enemies float.

I’m hoping for a quickness based rune set now.

Hopefully no half decent PvP build comes out of this so this stuff isn’t instntly nerfed and the PvEers can enjoy their new toys.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Hopefully no half decent PvP build comes out of this so this stuff isn’t instntly nerfed and the PvEers can enjoy their new toys.

From what I hear around, your prayer is not answered. I already hear “nerf chrono” everywhere. This was especially fun once, coming from an elementalist…. because sure elementalists know something about OP-ness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aither.2859

Aither.2859

Please, please, PLEASE change the elite skill of the chronomancer back to the gravitational pull per tick. For all the other elite specializations they seem very powerful and have an edge to them. Whether it be the might stacks on the reaper, the ranged crowed control on the dragon hunter, or the complete new class of the revenant the chronomancer seems to be lacking from all the other classes. I was really looking forward to the gravitational pull elite skill on the chonomancer and was highly disappointed that it has been removed. The mesmer has been my main class since I switched from the warrior for years but the change of the chonomancer and how it looked compared to how it looks now is absolutely disappointing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

Wells… as i fell.. they all nedd 3/4 cast time or even 1/2,

As for Gravity Well:
a) Pull enemy after 1.5s then float at 3
b) Each pull apply slow (2s) and Chill (2s)

Ofc we can setup well… cast Well and fallow with stun on daze, or Shield 5 to make enemy stunlocked for 4/5s… Actualy with f5 Mesmer can CC som1 for nice amount of time….

Doubled Chaos storm, wall, Gravity, Mantra, and CoF…. tons of interrupts… and i mean TONS (we just kitten Necro in 6s daze/stun xd)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Razzlie.3850

Razzlie.3850

The wells feel a bit underwhelming for lasting 3 seconds, generally requiring things to be in them the entire duration to get the full benefit and having such long cooldowns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Ok. Here’s my first night feedback.

Bugs:
– Tides of Time graphic doesn’t always show up when cast on out-of-combat enemies
– Well graphics don’t always show up in large-scale combat (always see my Chaos storm, rarely see my Well clocks in group fights)
– I hear our shield phantasm doesn’t work with illusion cooldown traits in the Illusion line.

What works well:
– Alacrity is a great mechanic
– Wells add a much-needed AoE component to many builds
– Continuum shift is surprisingly powerful and surprisingly difficult!
– Time Catches Up is surprisingly strong. Nice!

What could use improvement:
– All wells should deal pulsing damage, no matter how small. Bags.
– Alacrity-on-shatter would be more impactful/supportive if it extended to nearby allies, even for only 1s per shatter skill use.
– Well cast times feel a bit long.
– The Shield block is weird in PvE on enemies who’s attack animation is slower than its cast time. I find it upsetting to see an enemy start an attack, re-actively channel my block, have my block finish its cast time, THEN have the enemy finally complete its attack. In my mind, no enemy should have its attack time be slower than a block skill. Correct reactive playing should be rewarding, not wasted.
– Alls Well that Ends well still feels underpowered. I like the suggestion of a temporary damage buff addition. Wells clear 2 conditions and provide 10% damage for 5s seems about right.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I was thinking for the well trait of something reflecting more the duality: clear 2 conditions from allies and 2 boons from enemies. But that feels a bit strong and somewhat going on top of null field.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Been working on Chrono most of today and while my connection is garbage and i keep DC’ing these are my basic feelings after day 1

Shield : Its a better focus with a torch class Phantasm… Something needs altering or buffing on the phantasms end but the blocks are lovely… maybe just ditch the phant and add a third block?

F5 – Hardd to get the hang of but very useful for pulling off Large bursts and baiting out Spikes.. Duration could actually stand for a base line increase IMO Starts at 2s and increases for 1.5s per illusion there after? Either way, to get the best results it rquires a full 3+you shatter.. which is almost impossible to pull off when you actually want or need to use this skill… Duration increases all around to make it a bit more reliable (least we forget that some of our skills have a 1.5s casting time or longer)

Trait Line – Its very cute but fails to hold synergy very well with any other trait lines. Yes there are a few things in here that combo well with existing weapons and play styles but nothing that is clearly built with the old traits in mind. I know its early but at least half of these could do with combining or replacing to gain similar footing with the other 5 trait lines.

Wells – Much needed to put Chrono in line with literally every other class in the game and their AoE potentials. However they could do with some work still. The concept is interesting but many feel short changed or lack luster with either the wind up or pay off. I’d love to see things like Resistance / Pulls / Blasts and Reveal added to these.

Other thoughts – Why the kitten did you guys use the Minor Default trait simply to enable use of the shield? that feels like a complete rip off when compared to any other sub minor…

Its so refreshing to have new options on my mesmer but I fear it will get old very fast.. i really only have access to two more weapon set combo potentials… and scepter is garbage..

Chronomancer will be a Supportive CC class when its all said and done but wont end up lending itself well to Bunkering on Points. It seems to fair best as the traditional DPS/CC that Mesmer struggled to hold. Damage problems are still very much the same and many of the issues the core class faces are still present..

Final Thought from Day one tho?
Chrono is just a Better Mesmer than the core Mesmer. Hopefully it wont get Nerfed into the Mud so that Warriors can still feel good about themselves..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

My opinion of Chrono thus far-

yes.

all the yes.

Maybe a TAD bit more output but all the yes Arena, you get a cookie!

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Wow, I am really liking chronomancer, and will probably make this my main after the launch (especially b/c tempest is dog-crap).

However, I do fear it will get nerfed a bit, as it is pretty OP atm. With the right build, you can basically instantly pull off two 3-clone shatters (no mirror images) sequentially (if you shatter at least one phantasm, you instantly get that phantasm + 1 illusion from illusionary reversion), and 3 3-clone shatters in short order (with time for phantasms to do their thing too. Honestly, something is probably going to be done to reduce the sheer volume of clone output possible. With the rate you make clones, phantasms, and shatters it is like constantly bursting as opposed to burst…lull…burst. I have been trying power builds, but there is probably some double-ranged PU build that just plays like old phantasm/PU builds and pumps out a fast supply of phantasms while hiding in stealth.

Even given that, however, the skill-cap is clearly very high and there are a lot of build options this seems to open up.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Wow, I am really liking chronomancer, and will probably make this my main after the launch (especially b/c tempest is dog-crap).

However, I do fear it will get nerfed a bit, as it is pretty OP atm. With the right build, you can basically instantly pull off two 3-clone shatters (no mirror images) sequentially (if you shatter at least one phantasm, you instantly get that phantasm + 1 illusion from illusionary reversion), and 3 3-clone shatters in short order (with time for phantasms to do their thing too. Honestly, something is probably going to be done to reduce the sheer volume of clone output possible. With the rate you make clones, phantasms, and shatters it is like constantly bursting as opposed to burst…lull…burst. I have been trying power builds, but there is probably some double-ranged PU build that just plays like old phantasm/PU builds and pumps out a fast supply of phantasms while hiding in stealth.

Even given that, however, the skill-cap is clearly very high and there are a lot of build options this seems to open up.

While the clone output is indeed very high, you can counter it by killing the phantasm (Who still die very fast) and hence completly bypass the Chronopantasma That said, it is still very strong and a very GM worthy trait!

Also, I’m getting mixed reports about slow can be cleansed and transfered, while others says it can’t! I have yet to get a chance for testing it, but what are other people’s experince?

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

slow can be transffered. testing it with necro and revenant who trasfer their condi to me

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Gravity Well needs to have a 1/4-second cast to be viable.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

slow can be transffered. testing it with necro and revenant who trasfer their condi to me

Good good! As long as it can be transfered and cleansed, I don’t think Slow and the amount we got acces is to much!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

My vote is to drop ‘Improved Alacrity’ and create some type of shield augmenting trait (really disappointing this even needs to be suggested).

Make ’All’s Well That Ends Well’ into something more interesting, this trait and wells in general are pretty underwhelming.

I agree about how this trait could use some improvement, but I’m really liking the wells as they are.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I agree about how this trait could use some improvement, but I’m really liking the wells as they are.

I actually think the Well trait is fine as it is. Most builds don’t need it, but defensive PvP builds will spend a lot of time standing in wells with their allies. Two cleanses per well removes a ton of potential condi pressure, especially with Burning being such a big deal in PvP right now.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

I actually think the Well trait is fine as it is. Most builds don’t need it, but defensive PvP builds will spend a lot of time standing in wells with their allies. Two cleanses per well removes a ton of potential condi pressure, especially with Burning being such a big deal in PvP right now.

Maybe change it so it removes the conditions upon creation, then reapplies them to nearby enemies upon ending? Would make it more useful for removing condi bursts while simultaneously improving the offensive power of wells.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Why not just add some cooldown reduction like nearly every other ability-specific trait?

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

Why not just add some cooldown reduction like nearly every other ability-specific trait?

They probably don’t want to infringe on Alacrity territory, especially since both skills on shield have ways to lower their own cds. Probably worried that too much cd reduction on weapons and on traits could result in a weapon with much shorter cds than intended. Also kinda tricky since Shield 4 applies Alacrity, so by extension, a shorter cd on Shield 4 means shorter cds on everything else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

As an aside, with the introduction of chronophantasma adding more depth to illusion management, can we please get upgrades to the three circular indicators on the GUI? Purple for phantasms, pink for clones, black border for phantasms with chronophantasma?

It would make it much easier to know when to shatter instead of squinting across the battlefield looking for pink sparkles.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

They probably don’t want to infringe on Alacrity territory, especially since both skills on shield have ways to lower their own cds. Probably worried that too much cd reduction on weapons and on traits could result in a weapon with much shorter cds than intended. Also kinda tricky since Shield 4 applies Alacrity, so by extension, a shorter cd on Shield 4 means shorter cds on everything else.

I hear you on the shield, but I’m talking about wells right now. What’s the point of Alacrity if it just replicates the cdr that’s already baked into other builds?
Give wells a cd reduction and the trait for wells will be worthwhile. The lower cooldown will make well builds feel less like you’re wasting all your utility slots, too.

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

I hear you on the shield, but I’m talking about wells right now. What’s the point of Alacrity if it just replicates the cdr that’s already baked into other builds?
Give wells a cd reduction and the trait for wells will be worthwhile. The lower cooldown will make well builds feel less like you’re wasting all your utility slots, too.

Guess they’re expecting anyone to be using wells to also be using Shield for good Alacrity uptime. Wells really need some functionality change because we knew they’d be iffy from the start. It says something that the one well people thought was gonna be usable was the one that CC’s people to keep them inside, now that’s gone. Maybe make it so you can trait for wells to immobilize upon creation or at the very least cripple/chill. Suppose they work fine if you’re bunkering, but if that’s what they were intended to be used for, don’t know why we can’t trait for more defensive things on wells like protection or condition removal on cast as opposed to 3 seconds later.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Guess they’re expecting anyone to be using wells to also be using Shield for good Alacrity uptime. Wells really need some functionality change because we knew they’d be iffy from the start. It says something that the one well people thought was gonna be usable was the one that CC’s people to keep them inside, now that’s gone. Maybe make it so you can trait for wells to immobilize upon creation or at the very least cripple/chill. Suppose they work fine if you’re bunkering, but if that’s what they were intended to be used for, don’t know why we can’t trait for more defensive things on wells like protection or condition removal on cast as opposed to 3 seconds later.

Except shield really is not good alacrity uptime. iCap kind of sucks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

It says something that the one well people thought was gonna be usable was the one that CC’s people to keep them inside, now that’s gone.

(Dragon’s Maw has a 4s immobilise, just sayin’.)

Actually, DM is only a single-target skill, as far as I can tell, so it’s not a fair comparison. But, yeah, GW as an Elite Well needs some mechanism to keep enemies from just walking right out of it.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Necrotize.2974

Except shield really is not good alacrity uptime. iCap kind of sucks.

Better alacrity uptime than no shield, but I agree. Toying with cd manipulation that isn’t a fixed % on a trait active 100% of the time is tricky though so I’m hoping they find a nice middle ground between flat reduction, alacrity uptime and alacrity application.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

This class needs some balancing.

Quickness application is incredibly OP and Alacrity application sucks balls. Not only is the Alacrity effect pretty average in of itself (you get 2 seconds of CD reduction for every 3 seconds of Alacrity you have, which is… not that much), but you barely get any sources for it. You have the Phantasm, which is basically a huge DPS sacrifice in exchange for giving half the party 1s Alacrity every 8 seconds or so, then you have the kitten CD well that gives the party 3s of Alacrity. Which is, again, only two seconds of CD reduction. On the other hand you have massive amounts of quickness application (Blazblue activation > Time Warp > Quickness Well > Quickness Shield > Blazblue expires > repeat) which is actually an OP boon. I suspect Anet didn’t really think this through.

I propose that Alacrity durations be tripled (yes, tripled) across the board and be made a boon so it scales with boon duration. Some of the Slow and Quickness applications could also be revised to grant Alacrity instead. Personally I like the idea of Lost Time giving AOE Alacrity to the party instead if the target already has Slow on it.

(edited by Guanglai Kangyi.4318)

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Quickness application is incredibly OP and Alacrity application sucks balls. Not only is the Alacrity effect pretty average in of itself (you get 2 seconds of CD reduction for every 3 seconds of Alacrity you have, which is… not that much), but you barely get any sources for it. You have the Phantasm, which is basically a huge DPS sacrifice in exchange for giving half the party 1s Alacrity every 8 seconds or so, then you have the kitten CD well that gives the party 3s of Alacrity. Which is, again, only two seconds of CD reduction. On the other hand you have massive amounts of quickness application (Blazblue activation > Time Warp > Quickness Well > Quickness Shield > Blazblue expires > repeat) which is actually an OP boon. I suspect Anet didn’t really think this through.

I propose that Alacrity durations be tripled (yes, tripled) across the board and be made a boon so it scales with boon duration. Some of the Slow and Quickness applications could also be revised to grant Alacrity instead. Personally I like the idea of Lost Time giving AOE Alacrity to the party instead if the target already has Slow on it.

It sounds like you haven’t played it. If you had, you might have noticed that alacrity is adding 2s cooldown for every 3 seconds of alacrity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

It sounds like you haven’t played it. If you had, you might have noticed that alacrity is adding 2s cooldown for every 3 seconds of alacrity.

Isn’t that what he said?

In any case Alacrity is fine. Getting it on every single Shatter you use is great.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Isn’t that what he said?

In any case Alacrity is fine. Getting it on every single Shatter you use is great.

He edited it. Interestingly, on some kind of timing that preempted my quote from him.
Regardless, his entire complaint really kind of relies on it getting the 1s per 3s that he originally stated, because 2s for 3 is actually really, really potent. I get 4s alacrity for a 3-illusion shatter, and with IR I’m at essentially a minimum 2s of alacrity per shatter. It’s making a really big difference in my rotations.

(edited by AlphatheWhite.9351)

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Isn’t that what he said?

He edited it. Interestingly, on some kind of timing that preempted my quote from him.
Regardless, his entire complaint really kind of relies on it getting the 1s per 3s that he originally stated, because 2s for 3 is actually really, really potent. I get 4s alacrity for a 3-illusion shatter, and with IR I’m at essentially a minimum 2s of alacrity per shatter. It’s making a really big difference in my rotations.

Exactly. I might even say too potent, but it’s too early to make a judgement.

in Mesmer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Isn’t that what he said?

Yeah I did edit it after noticing Anet boosted it to +66%, likely noticing the same thing I did. That said +66% is still pretty crap considering you only get Alacrity for a few seconds tops. Reductions:

- 3-illusion shatter: 4s = 2.66s reduction
- Phantasmal Avenger: 1s = .66s reduction
- Well of Recall: 3s = 2s reduction

The shatter Alacrity is ~okay~ given the fact that you have five shatters and traits like Chronophantasma and Illusionary Reversion giving you tons of shatter fodder back, but Avenger and Recall are total garbage. Spending a utility slot to reduce party cooldowns by 2s every kitten (4s, if you use Blazblue Mode) really is not worth it.

Honestly at this point Alacrity feels more like “spam shatters so you can spam quickness more often” than a real buff. They’d be better off dropping Alacrity back down to 33% IMO and boosting overall Alacrity uptime so it’s good for more than just spamming shatters on cooldown so you get Time Warp back faster.

(edited by Guanglai Kangyi.4318)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

what you make is a valid point from your perspective guang. chronomancer itself is based on shatters.. half of chronomancer traits promote shatter oriented playstyle.. you want alacrity not be based on shatters?

Agreed, recall isn’t that great.. but there’s still time to test it along with mimic and continuum split, that’s quite a lot of party alacrity.

Lets say, they drop alacrity to 33%, are you expecting triple the alacrity uptime to make it relevant?

Sorry, it’s just hard to grasp what your actually asking for

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Recall needs a buff, but iAvenger I feel is fine, in fact its Slow should probably be reduced from 3s to 2s.

I’d be hesitant to give Mesmers more Alacrity as ATM Alacrity is really strong for a constant Shattering build, and IMO it should NOT cater to non-Shattering builds: builds that don’t use our profession mechanic shouldn’t exist.

The great thing about Chronomancer is it’s making all our build types embrace Shattering. Might not be completely there yet but it’s a great leap in the right direction.

in Mesmer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The issue right now is Alacrity is basically one of two things:

1) Total crap on most skills because the durations suck.
2) Insanely OP on builds that get 100%.

So I need to revise my statement on shatterway builds being okay, they’re a bit more than that lol. https://youtu.be/V_PSqt6DtSM Case in point.

Increasing durations and reducing the per-second intensity of the boon makes it more of a legit boon that is easier to balance. Right now it’s either going to suck balls (because you only give/get a tiny amount of it) or it’s gonna be massively OP (because you’re giving too much of it). Increasing duration and reducing intensity makes it 1) less kittenty in most cases and 2) less OP in specific cases. I think this is pretty reasonable.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’d be hesitant to give Mesmers more Alacrity as ATM Alacrity is really strong for a constant Shattering build, and IMO it should NOT cater to non-Shattering builds: builds that don’t use our profession mechanic shouldn’t exist.

I’m getting tired of making this point to you people, but here goes:

SHATTER IS NOT OUR PROFESSION MECHANIC

It is ONE OF our profession mechanic S. PLURAL.

Phantasms are also a profession mechanic. Enabling phant builds to shatter more is great, but tbh, straight phantasm builds SHOULD be allowed to exist.
In short, you are wrong in your pro-shatter bigotry.

in Mesmer

Silverkey.2078

I think the alacrity is strong for the mesmer, it is just sad that you can’t benefit your allies with it very much. The phantasm hits only a few allies, the well does not do much on a high CD. At the end, our only good source is shatter but it is only for us since it is not even a boon you can share.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

fair enough

I dont think that’s op at all.. the video link i mean. yeah your getting a 100% alacrity uptime.. but the damage potential that i see is not like it’s over the top.

but lets say.. alacrity gets to 33% and the duration is doubled.. what you see in the video cant be done which means.. you’re sacrificing a dps trait tree to get chronomancer which gives you 33% faster recharge on probably 100% uptime.. i dont see the point of chronomancer just for 33% recharged skill rate over a dps trait line.