Chronomancer Traits

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Fellow guardians need to stop bickering in here. We got solid additions. You can’t(shouldn’t) have everything.

Guardians elite spec is clearly nowhere near chronomancer. CM almost looks mandatory, as an elite spec should be. DH is just an alternate trait line with nothing special, I will not be using it on my guard.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

Yesterday Mesmers were moaning about Dragonhunter being superior, and now today we’ve went full circle lol.

We’re free from speed runes forever!

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

What I dont like is that DE should be minor because its bread&butter of every shatter build, if not most mesmers. Now you need to put 6 instead of 4 points to dueling for not much rly.

not sure if you got the note where you pick the whole traitline now, you don’t have points to spend in major traits, you pick 3 traitlines and one adept, one master and one grand master per traitline (or Specialization in newspeak)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

outside of the 25% move spd, i can’t say i’m very excited from a pve perspective. we get alacrity, but no cooldown traits on wells or weapon, so its a wash (or worse). the wells trait is plain bad…and 1s of alacrity per shatter is laughable (1.33 if i waste two traits).

very disappointing, in that regard.

on the otherhand, wvw should be a blast now.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

• Illusionary Reversion – Gain a clone after you activate a shatter skill.

This helps making Chronomancy viable for shatters by itself and really strong with Dueling and Illusions. Power shatter can even drop Dueling for Domi…

Drop Illusions. It doesn’t do much for you now that IP is standard. Domination, Dueling, Chrono. Tons of clones, powerful shatters, easy comboing.

15% faster shatters. 20% illusion resummon time (better than alacrity even if you do it every second off cooldown)
phantasmal haste
master of fragmentation.

i mean you can live without it, but you are losing a lot of power whether you are condi, shatter or phantasm by dropping illusions.

^ I was going to reply exactly like this
in Dueling you’re giving up “only” DE (and some other nice stuff), illusions has a bigger impact on the shatter play (what’s the point in having illusions when your shatters are on cooldown?)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

outside of the 25% move spd, i can’t say i’m very excited from a pve perspective. we get alacrity, but no cooldown traits on wells or weapon, so its a wash (or worse). the wells trait is plain bad…and 1s of alacrity per shatter is laughable (1.33 if i waste two traits).

very disappointing, in that regard.

on the otherhand, wvw should be a blast now.

Alacrity could be pretty powerful. Just getting 1s on shatter is a little underwhelming, but we can also get it from our Shield phantasm and the Well. I think someone did the math on a different thread, but I thought Alacrity made it so 1.66s of skill recharges for every 1s of game time. Over the course of a long fight, that could add up to a significant recharge reduction on all our skills.

If there’s any math I’m excited to see about this profession, it’s how powerful or weak Alacrity truly ends up being in the hands of a skilled player.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: blindrage.6158

blindrage.6158

Guys, you tend to have forgotten the fact that they want ALL mesmers to be shattering. Regardless of if you are pve or pvp or wvw, you will be shattering. They stated that they were unhappy with the fact that there were complete builds and playstyles that rendered the mesmer “core” mechanic, i.e. shatters, obsolete and ignored. So even if you are doing dungeons or fractals or strongholds or HotM, you will be shattering to get maximum mileage out of your illusions. Taking a few shatter traits might be in your best interest. We have to get away from the mindset that shattering is only useful in pvp builds.

“Do not take life to seriously, you will never get out of it alive.” -Elbert Hubbard
Fenwulf (YUM) Mesmer of Tarnished Coast

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

I already hear the “nerf mesmer” cries which are so out of place…

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

So what does this mean for the proposed buff to Signet of Inspiration always giving Swiftness? Are we still getting that? Because having Mesmer’s only movement buff locked behind an elite spec would be seriously bad.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I already hear the “nerf mesmer” cries which are so out of place…

Nerf Please!!! OP!!!!!

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

Robert, the hero Mesmers deserve.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

i think the people who think these traits are crazy are just caught up on the new car smell.
To be honest the traits dont seem super strong to me.

the real strength is the the f5,

also feels like 9 traits is pretty limiting, theres a lot of things i could think of to customize chrono play, but there really isnt room for them.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

• Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

This one is so op

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

• Time Marches On – You move 25% faster. The duration of incoming movement-impairing conditions is reduced by 25%. (Cripple. Chilled, Immobilize)

This one is so op

You do have to remember we got an offhand.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

This one is so op

You do have to remember we got an offhand.

“something just as good”…!

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

THESE TRAITS ARE AWESOME! my brain is already busy with theory crafting.. don’t respond to me.. brain.. to.. busy..

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Oh boy, that movement speed trait is impressive, and a minor even. And combined food and runes that reduce condies, gonna be sweet

9 Guardians later…

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: george.4502

george.4502

Um mm hmmmm did anyone else think “16 shatter hit wombo combo”?

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

I really like the looks of these with exception of "All’s Well that Ends Well " and the fact that there is no trait for the off hand shield.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

A trait to make shatters land before they die to a zerg.

nah the clones will die to aoe anyway.

A minor to gain 25% movement speed that any other class gets high to permanent swiftness uptime via weaponskills while we’re stuck with a temporal curtain that doesn’t even renew swiftness and has an uptime of 12 seconds per 25 seconds.

Reduced cripple/chill/immob duration, which is useless in PvE since everything gets cleansed immediately in group content.

did you really complain about that trait? you mention WvW and a second later you forget about it? this trait is huge for PVP mesmers and a nice addiction for every mesmer in general.

All’s Well that Ends well is the only real PvE option of that trait tier. Delayed Reactions is underwhelming for PvE given the attack intervals of mobs and the weakness of interrupts in PvE (all of them high cooldown except for offhand sword). And a well with large cooldowns removing a single condition is just a bad trait.

I agree that removing one condition, on a delay (after 3 seconds) and with a positional requirement (stand inside the well) isn’t very appealing. But I think the interrupt trait might be useful in HoT PVE.

1 second of alacrity per shatter. And some alacrity from a long cd well. 33% duration increase is a marginal effect given the uptime of alacrity on the mesmer.

Yep, if it’s only 1 second per shatter and not per illusion shattered, this trait could use a buff.

It’s gonna basically be All’s Well that ends Well, Illusionary Reversion (to keep compounding power uptime), and Chronophantasm.

isn’t 30% crit chance on slowed targets better than 3% damage? you could give up assassin’s and go full zerk if you can make sure you have slow on the target during the reflects

Compounding power is 9% extra damage, the trait makes it easier to stay at that threshold since you shatter, spawn 2 phantasms and the clone you got back.

Besides 30% crit to slowed targets, for which you need high slowed uptime. Current crit rate on full berk gear is around 57-60%. Food bumps it higher, and with fury you got around 80% crit so taht 30% extra crit from the trait actually has a lot of its bonus wasted.

As far as the speed trait, the condi reduction part is worthless in PvE and it’s a speed bonus that could have been put in signet of midnight considering 10% boon duration on a class that has no access to boons whatsoever outside the Chaos line pretty worthless. And the Chaos line is plain garbage outside dueling/roaming as it isn’t even used for PvE or large scale WvW.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Why is Chronophantasma not called “Butterfly Effect”?

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Thoroughly happy with the traits!

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I cannot stop laughing at how cute/cheesy the names are!! My favorite is, “All’s Well That Ends Well” Thanks for giving us these upon request. I’m sure the forums will start the critiquing process. My thoughts in my next post.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

These are actually really nice traits.

My mesmer is looking to be really entertaining and have lots of shiny new options after the expansion finally drops!

Just curious though, maybe because it’s not the class I spend the most time on, but it doesn’t seem like many options have changes for mesmer to counter condi (cancer) builds, which is currently one of my main gripes when playing on my mesmer.

Maybe there are ways of dealing with them better and I’m just not seeing them?

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Menaka.5092

Compounding power is 9% extra damage, the trait makes it easier to stay at that threshold since you shatter, spawn 2 phantasms and the clone you got back.

The clone you get back is 3% of that damage, you can resummon the phantasms regardless.

Besides 30% crit to slowed targets, for which you need high slowed uptime. Current crit rate on full berk gear is around 57-60%. Food bumps it higher, and with fury you got around 80% crit so taht 30% extra crit from the trait actually has a lot of its bonus wasted.

even if you “waste” 10% crit chance, you would gain power by switching to zerk – assuming the group can provide slow on the reflects.

As far as the speed trait, the condi reduction part is worthless in PvE and it’s a speed bonus that could have been put in signet of midnight considering 10% boon duration on a class that has no access to boons whatsoever outside the Chaos line pretty worthless

so you would rather have PvP/WvW mesmers waste a utility slot instead of PvE mesmers having to “waste” a minor trait… to each his own I guess

And the Chaos line is plain garbage outside dueling/roaming as it isn’t even used for PvE or large scale WvW.

How can you tell it won’t be used in WvW after the changes? Chaos look pretty good from a survival/group support point of view.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Maybe there are ways of dealing with them better and I’m just not seeing them?

Most of your condition clearing is going to be in the Inspiration line.

Inspiration is now more viable because it’s easier to take it as a third full trait line (whereas before you only got 2 1/3 trait lines worth of traits), and because mesmers feel a bit less pressure now that they get Illusionary Persona “for free.”

In Inspiration:

• Mender’s Purity is very, very good. Tons and tons of condition removal.
  • Shattered Conditions can give you party-wide removal, and is pretty solid now that IP is a built-in.

In Chrono itself your options are not quite as powerful, but you’ve got some that are a small help:

• The phantasm shatter trait certainly helps Phantasmal Disenchanter a bit.
  • The well trait adds some condition removal to wells.

Also, note that the Torch trait still removes conditions, and has been moved to Illusions. This is a net benefit for condi builds since they’re likely to go into Illusions anyway for Maim the Disillusioned.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Minor

• Time Splitter – Gain access to continuum split/shift which allows you to revert to an earlier point in time.
    —- This has been discussed a lot on the forums. A lot of counterplay. A lot of potential. It should be juicy.
  • Flow of Time – Gain alacrity when you shatter. (1s)
    —- They are obviously being careful about the time on this as it could become insanely broken with slight tweaks. I think they should either increase this to 2s OR bump up Improved Alacrity to 50%.
    —- PRAISE LYSSA FOR THE BLESSINGS THAT SHE HAS THUS BESTOWED UPON US WRETCHED HEATHENS!

Adept

• Time Catches Up – Activating a shatter gives your illusions Super Speed
    —- ooooo I love this! This will help Clones to reach their target quicker. I like this instead of the idea I had about clones being buffed via toughness, stability etc, because it still keeps the counterplay there since our bursts are so deadly.
  • Delayed Reactions – Interrupting a foe slows them. (3s of Slow)
    —- We deserve not these continued blessings from Lyssa.
  • All’s Well that Ends Well – Wells remove conditions from allies when they end. (1 condition)
    —- This is the cutest gw2 skill name I’ve ever seen!! That being said, I earnestly think the devs should bump this up to 2 conditions at the end. Removing 1 condition at the end of the well does NOT line up with their idea of the ending being a “burst” of support/effect. Considering you have to wait in an AOE for 3 seconds, I don’t think 2 conditions is too much to ask for. There’s still a lot of counter play to wells. If it remains just 1 condition, no one will ever take it, especially when in competition with the other two adepts.

Master

—- As the dual faced goddess of beauty and chaos, Lyssa tends to curse us, but in return, she always blesses those who wait patiently.
  • Improved Alacrity – Alacrity applied to you lasts longer. (33%)
    —- Either this should be buffed to 50% OR Flow of Time should be buffed to 1.5-2s.
  • Danger Time – Gain additional critical hit chance against slowed enemies. (30%)
    —- Awesome synergy within the chrono line for an interrupt. Notice how you can easily go condition interrupt more so than you could before now with the on crit condis.

Grandmaster

• Lost Time – Every 3rd critical hit will slow your target. (2s of Slow)
    —- Yasss yaaasss!!! Very good synergy with earlier slow traits.
  • Chronophantasma – Your phantasms respawn the first time they are shattered.
    —- sitting at the alter of Lyssa
  • Seize The Moment – Gain quickness for each illusion you shatter. (1s of Quickness)
    —- Not good enough to compete with the other two traits. Very few niche situations where this is better. I guess maybe it’d be good in mantra builds, but even then, I’d value the other two traits more. If they made the quickness AOE, it would buff Mesmers in PvE content.

Overall, I am VERY happy with this specialization!! It adds to both shatter builds and interrupt builds very nicely. It’s a great line for skill management and CC via slow. Of course, taking this means less dps/sustain than if you took another tree, but that’s how alternatives should work.

Literally the only disappointing traits were the All’s Well That Ends Well trait and Seize The Moment. I understand why they are being conservative on the alacrity numbers, but I’d rather them buff them a tiny bit than have the entire mechanic be underwhelming right from the start. I mean, it’s not like they have any problem “hot-fixing” aka nerfing our skills/traits anyway!

THANKS ANET! <3

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

I agree with others that Time Catches Up should be baseline, as it addresses a huge QoL issue that mesmers have had since launch.

Perhaps TCU could grant super-speed to the mesmer instead?

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

I would like to bring something up about this trait that I verified going back through the chronomancer POI video. When you shatter phantasms, your phantasms move TO your target and then shatter. This makes perfect sense under normal circumstances. With this trait, phantasms still run to your target and then respawn where they shattered. What this means, though, is that things like a duelist will run into melee, respawn and be in melee range. If I am using a duelist, it is typically because I want to keep it long range.

It would be nice if the respawn happened where the phantasm was when the shatter was activated not where it was when it physically shattered. This could be done in a couple ways. 1) a reference is made when the phantasm was when the shatter is activate and the respawn happens at that point 2) the “respawn” actually happens before the move into melee range or 3) phantasms are given a skill where they “throw” their butterflies at the target which shatter on the target rather than shattering themselves. The 3rd option (and the second if it is actually the duplicate that gets shattered) would address the concern mentioned on the livestream about being able to essentially reset the skill cooldown of all your phantasms for spike damage if it is determined that that is too powerful.

I personally love the way it is. Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand your concern, but of all our dps phantasms, iWarlock on Staff is the worst when it comes to deal dmg reliably. But the way the trait works currently will synergize very well with iWarlock as it respawns near target and hurls the bolt soon after, so at melee range, it will be hard to react.

I will trait Dueling/Chaos/Chronomancy using Staff and Sword/Shield. Lots of conditions to stack on enemies to boost iWarlock dmg even further.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

PRAISE LYSSA FOR THE BLESSINGS THAT SHE HAS THUS BESTOWED UPON US WRETCHED HEATHENS!

Robert Gee might be our Lyssa in disguise.

Seize the Moment could work well with Mantra of Pain to keep your dmg rolling, something like: 3x power spike (HM traited for more dmg), shatter to recharge mantra quickly, then repeat.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Actually, instead of All’s Well That Ends Well removing conditions at all, they should give Resistance as to not step on the toes of Null Field. I don’t know the numbers on other skills giving Resistance, but 4s would be a start.

Also, I think it’s worth noting that there will still be viable builds outside of Chronomancer. Going down this line has obvious trade offs. You will be dishing out overall less dps due to not being able to take all of Domination, Illusions and Dueling. You also lose out on self-sustain since you won’t be taking both Inspiration and Chaos unless you are entirely a bunker/support build.

I’m very optimistic about these changes!!

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

PRAISE LYSSA FOR THE BLESSINGS THAT SHE HAS THUS BESTOWED UPON US WRETCHED HEATHENS!

Robert Gee might be our Lyssa in disguise.

Seize the Moment could work well with Mantra of Pain to keep your dmg rolling, something like: 3x power spike (HM traited for more dmg), shatter to recharge mantra quickly, then repeat.

I think there’s a huge benefit to having on-demand Quickness. Mantras and Scepter’s Confusing Images both immediately come to mind. The other two GM traits are definitely powerful, but I’m imagining a few scenarios where predictable quickness with a decent duration could be pretty handy.

With the right combination of boon duration enhancements and maybe some boon sharing, a quick double shatter might bring a lot of utility to a team in the form of long-duration quickness

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

Actually, instead of All’s Well That Ends Well removing conditions at all, they should give Resistance as to not step on the toes of Null Field. I don’t know the numbers on other skills giving Resistance, but 4s would be a start.

Wow I really like this idea, or perhaps a pulsing effect while the well is active. It’s a great fit thematically (pausing the effect of conditions while in the well) but still inferior to an explicit condi-clear, ensuring that skills and traits like Null Field/MoResolve/Mender’s Purity remain as viable alternatives.

why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Wow I really like this idea, or perhaps a pulsing effect while the well is active. It’s a great fit thematically (pausing the effect of conditions while in the well) but still inferior to an explicit condi-clear, ensuring that skills and traits like Null Field/MoResolve/Mender’s Purity remain as viable alternatives.

Maybe a pulsing 1s ending in a 4s Resistance? That would be nice. I don’t know. The name “All’s Well That Ends Well” is so good I think they should leave the pulsing out and just give kitten Resistance at the very end. It’s definitely less reliable, but the wells focus on timing for a reason.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

For the well trait I could also think of something like: “Every tick you stand inside a well decreases all wells cooldowns by 4%”

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

For the well trait I could also think of something like: “Every tick you stand inside a well decreases all wells cooldowns by 4%”

That would be good in addition to the resistance at the end of the ticking.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

With the phantasm shatter trait making micromanaging different types of illusions even more involved, can we please finally get different indicators for the three circles that represent our active illusions?

Having clones be one color and phantasms another would be very welcome.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Seems totally overpowered and unbalanced compared to the current status of the present classes.

3 seconds of slow on interrupt: As if Daze and knockdowns weren’t enough to prevent someone from doing anything, now they are slow on top of it and can be shaterred twice..?

I guess we’ll have to see how overpowered are the new trait lines for the other classes before judging.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Time Catches Up + Mental Torment → NUCLEAR MISSILES LAUNCHED!!
Illusionary Reversion + Chronophantasma → EP2: Clone Wars
Time Matches On → I can finally use something else than traveller’s rune, yay =3
Danger Time + Lost Time → Perma slow from greatsword?

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

• Delayed Reactions – Interrupting a foe slows them. (3s of Slow)

Everyone is going to take these 3, cause its kittening overpowered (place your clone, F5, place your phantasm, F1, auto reproc from phantasm, F2-3-4 w/e, F5, replace phantasm, F1, auto reproc, F2-3-4), and the others are really lackluster for anykind of build.
[edit] found this by reading the post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Chronomancer-Traits/page/2#post5056037
But there probably will be an ICD so it woont be a thing [/edit]

Chronomancer was already known to be beyond OP, you just bring it further in the OPness
The only way this get ever balanced is for F5 to take the spot of one of the current shatter skill
Oh wait “elite spec will modifie the way you use your class mechanic” … as long as its true for gardien, here i dont see a “modification” but litteraly an additionnal new one …
Continuum shift alone make chronomancer way stronger than Mesmer … who is already fine, who is in a solid spot with all incoming baseline trait …. So basically something stronger than something strong is balanced #legit

RIP, the drawback of beeing a mesmer was to be slow and weak to cc …. you destroy this drawback that make the class balanced in one minor that every build is going to have …. GG

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

The clone you get back is 3% of that damage, you can resummon the phantasms regardless.

even if you “waste” 10% crit chance, you would gain power by switching to zerk – assuming the group can provide slow on the reflects.

As far as the speed trait, the condi reduction part is worthless in PvE and it’s a speed bonus that could have been put in signet of midnight considering 10% boon duration on a class that has no access to boons whatsoever outside the Chaos line pretty worthless

so you would rather have PvP/WvW mesmers waste a utility slot instead of PvE mesmers having to “waste” a minor trait… to each his own I guess

And the Chaos line is plain garbage outside dueling/roaming as it isn’t even used for PvE or large scale WvW.

How can you tell it won’t be used in WvW after the changes? Chaos look pretty good from a survival/group support point of view.

- Already zerk even zerk sits at 57-60% crit. Those wasted stats were not with assassins, which is even worse, and the slow uptimes also figure into that power boost being a wash. Even if they break even or are a slight upgrade, it’s hardly a good tier for PvE mesmers.

- Chaos will always be garbage in WvW so long as it’s tied to conditions and staff.

For one, staff is a terrible weapon for aoe as are any weapons that are not greatsword/sword. It will never be used in teamfights.

You’ll also always be locked into the chronomancy line which leaves Dueling/Domination/Illusion, only 2 of which you can already pick. Chaos will never compete with any of those on a power mesmer.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

For the well trait, perhaps:

All wells pulse their last pulse one extra time.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: nanker.3085

nanker.3085

What if All’s Well That Ends Well (amazing name by the way!) transferred a number of conditions from allies in the well to enemies in the well when it ends? As it stands, the trait seems really weak.

This would reward exceptional well placement and punish poor placement while giving enemies the opportunity to GTFO from the well so counter-play is possible.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

I think wells are gonna end up being the new Churning Earth. People are gonna be excited until they realize that like Dragon Tooth from ele scepter it will never land on someone with a clue.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

I think wells are gonna end up being the new Churning Earth. People are gonna be excited until they realize that like Dragon Tooth from ele scepter it will never land on someone with a clue.

Uhmm we have immobs, stuns, slows, to do it?

Are you saying Chaos Storm is useless too, because you wont land it on people? :O

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Continuum shift alone make chronomancer way stronger than Mesmer … who is already fine, who is in a solid spot with all incoming baseline trait …. So basically something stronger than something strong is balanced #legit

While I can always count on Mesmers crying about how unfair everything is, I can equally count on people crying about how OP Mesmer is/was/will-be. Your statement is wrought with a lack of knowledge of the Mesmer profession and also lack of facts to back up otherwise empty speculation.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

While I can always count on Mesmers crying about how unfair everything is, I can equally count on people crying about how OP Mesmer is/was/will-be. Your statement is wrought with a lack of knowledge of the Mesmer profession and also lack of facts to back up otherwise empty speculation.

I think although yes the traits look super cool and strong, it will be hard to put this into practice without seeing Everyone’s Elite specs, or even just the trait revamps, And people gotta remember, not everyone will be traiting DE, so we just have to wait and see.

The most accurate one on how strong the spec is the interrupts, although interrupts still need skill to be efficient, so I think It’s still even.

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Wells will see a lot of potential play in WvW as well as PvE. It takes more skill and coordination to use them in PvP, but like I’ve always said, wells and similar AOE skills help to push people away from points. Either they dodge it (which means you know when they’re using 1 of their dodges) or they avoid the point altogether. How is this not a win-win situation?

Besides, like Sticker said, we have plenty of tools to keep people in place.

eta -

Yes Sticker, that’s exactly my point. People are getting up in arms about speculation. It seems like somewhat a waste of energy. I’m just enjoying the changes, taking them at face value and giving constructive criticism only when absolutely needed.

(edited by MailMail.6534)

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Streaks.5076

Streaks.5076

Is Time Marches On a passive??

Noob – Revanent

Looking for a good guild for PoF

Chronomancer Traits

in Mesmer