Condi Mesmer

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys;

Im trying a condi mesmer this days, but im getting some hard time against some professions. Im not taking me as parameter cuz im newbie at this build, but what you guys think? Should i learn how to master it? is it competitive for Groups SPVP?

Or if i wanna play condi should i play necro,ranger or engineer? What you guys think are the strong and the weaknesses of a good condi mesmer?

Thx all!

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Condie Shatter Mesmer is pretty decent, and basically trades improved survivability then Power Shatter for less spike damage. The damage output overall can theoretically rival or even surpass that of Power Shatter, but it’s heavy reliance on mostly 1 Condition (Torment) means the full damage potential is rarely realized in group battles where AE heals & condie-clears are often plentiful and frustrating.

I have had some amazing fights where clearly I was devastating the enemy team with my continual AoE Torments & Confusion, but other times it felt like I was barely contributing at all. Although, I have to say as a power Shatter Mesmer I often felt the same way, probably even more often, simply due to being targeted and nearly instantly executed by the enemy team. That happens a lot less as a Condie Shatter, because you have a little more time to react.

Power damage is also often negated, no doubt, but in the end it tends to be focused direct damage that wins group battles. So if you’re on a team focusing on high direct damage output, often your Condie Shatters will seem lackluster. A major weakness of Condie Shatter is the fact that the F2 shatter simply has too long of a CD, and is your bread & butter shatter. (In turn though, you have every 3x shatter applying 6 stacks of Torment AoE so you don’t rely quite as heavily on CoF as P-Shatter does on MW.) Also, as alluded to above, we lack solid AoE cover conditions to really make those Torment stacks reach their full potential.

It is definitely a more well rounded build option then Power Shatter IMO, because you can learn to beat or stalemate any profession out there in 1v1, and still have potentially deadly AE damage for team fights. Although you certainly have some professions that give you more trouble then others, I never felt like I was hard-countered by anyone.

Most Thieves, Eles, Warriors, Rangers, and Engineers were fairly easy to beat if they stuck around. Guardians were often a stalemate, as I just couldn’t out-damage their heals and clears.

Have fun! It’s a pretty good build for the unranked arena. It is far more forgiving then P-Shatter and thus takes less skill to play successfully IMO, but also —especially at the highest skill levels of play-- has less impact then a well-played P-Shatter.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

Nice assessment. I just want to add what i always say about condi shatter. It is a roaming ganking spec. This is where it sings. If you use it in a zerg gank their backline but at the end of the day its best in small group fights.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys. thanks for answers.

Yeah, im looking for a small group roamer build, not zerker
Do you guys have a good build i could test it?

ty!

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Eventually I’ll type up my condition build. It seems to be very unique.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

if you want to be “that guy” try running either 2/0/6/0/6 as hybrid shatter mesmer or 0/0/6/2/6 as full condition shatter. Both work amazingly well as a solo roaming build with scepter/torch staff, and require very little skill to play. At the end of the day though, its cheese in its ultimate form. -Priest of Lyssa

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

if you want to be “that guy” try running either 2/0/6/0/6 as hybrid shatter mesmer or 0/0/6/2/6 as full condition shatter. Both work amazingly well as a solo roaming build with scepter/torch staff, and require very little skill to play. At the end of the day though, its cheese in its ultimate form. -Priest of Lyssa

These are both awful trait setups both for shatter builds, and roaming builds in general.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Actually, both of those builds are pretty awful. Running shatter builds without DE is a great way to get stomped by anyone competent.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Verock.8234

Verock.8234

Actually, both of those builds are pretty awful. Running shatter builds without DE is a great way to get stomped by anyone competent.

Agreed, you need the extra clones.

In my experience with PvP (not WvW), the problem with condi mesmer is the burst. In a 1v1 fight, you may win. However, this can take upwards of 40-50 seconds. The condis continue to stack on, but there is nothing to close the gap. By the time you have your opponent downed, they’ll have another teammate on you for the 2v1.

The great part about power shatter is the heavy burst and disengage. You can provide that extra damage to down an opponent and move on. You can roam well. You can’t do this with a condi build.

It’s a fun build to play, but you won’t see competitive teams running it because it doesn’t have synergy with other classes (for the reasons mentioned above).

Câspian

(edited by Verock.8234)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Condi mesmer is fun and strong, but you will never catch anyone running away from you and you have no burst at all. But it’s superior against most enemies.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Condi mesmer is fun and strong, but you will never catch anyone running away from you and you have no burst at all. But it’s superior against most enemies.

There’s no reason why you can’t take focus on a condi shatter mesmer.

You can also double trait blink, and run a sword if you want the imob.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I used to sword+pistol / staff a long time since it’s “recommended on metabattle” … or was … however once I equiped the scepter and torch, I was able to really shine. Scepter 2 and torch cloak are too strong to ignore. Also the iMage soon gets some good buffs. I’d rather choose a 90% win without chase than a 60% win with finish potential in a contesting game mode.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

JesseBensen.4817

While I do agree that deceptive evasion is often considered a staple in any decent shatter setup, if ether of these specs are played properly it really isn’t all that nessescary. Bear in mind that these are not builds I would suggest running for any experienced mesmer, but they are both extremely effective builds that do not require much skill to play. Obviously mirror images is entirely required for either of those setups to bypass the lack of deceptive evasion, but for a more skilled mesmer dropping Prismatic understanding would be the better route to go.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

JesseBensen.4817

In my experience with PvP (not WvW), the problem with condi mesmer is the burst. In a 1v1 fight, you may win. However, this can take upwards of 40-50 seconds. The condis continue to stack on, but there is nothing to close the gap. By the time you have your opponent downed, they’ll have another teammate on you for the 2v1.

The great part about power shatter is the heavy burst and disengage. You can provide that extra damage to down an opponent and move on. You can roam well. You can’t do this with a condi build.

It’s a fun build to play, but you won’t see competitive teams running it because it doesn’t have synergy with other classes (for the reasons mentioned above).

Once again, these are not builds I would recommend for an experienced mesmer, but do not knock the viability untill you have tried it yourself. Both of the mentioned setups do work very effectively as solo roaming builds, but ofc there are far better options for any player with a good amount of mesmer experience. These specs are what I would consider very “noob friendly” as they give the mesmer a large margin for error whilst still maintaining the potential to be incredibly strong.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Once again, these are not builds I would recommend for an experienced mesmer, but do not knock the viability untill you have tried it yourself. Both of the mentioned setups do work very effectively as solo roaming builds, but ofc there are far better options for any player with a good amount of mesmer experience. These specs are what I would consider very “noob friendly” as they give the mesmer a large margin for error whilst still maintaining the potential to be incredibly strong.

I’ve tried shatter builds without DE. They’re trash. If an inexperienced mesmer can make them work, then an experienced one can make them work better. I’m what you might call highly experienced, and those builds are awful, no matter who uses them.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

JesseBensen.4817

I’ve tried shatter builds without DE. They’re trash. If an inexperienced mesmer can make them work, then an experienced one can make them work better. I’m what you might call highly experienced, and those builds are awful, no matter who uses them.

That’s just flat out wrong. Those builds aren’t the best by any means, in fact, they are fairly sub par. Still though, theyre better roaming builds than 75% of the Mesmer specs I see in wvw. What I mean by noob friendly is that they are builds that can perform as well as they can perform fairly easily regardless of skill. They will beat most builds, but obviously not the best builds, and it would be a lot easier for a noob to beat the average player of any given class with those specs than It would be for them to do it with many others. that is all. They aren’t builds I would use, but some people like lazy builds. Claiming that any shatter build that doesn’t use DE is trash is purely subjective, and you are not the ultimate authority on the Mesmer profession. I am also “what you might call highly experienced”, Mesmer was my first profession during the 3-day head start and has always been my main. I spend 99% of my play time solo roaming with my Mesmer in wvw, and I am very well aware of what works and what doesn’t because I test almost everything, I would never post my favorite/best builds on a forum because I would prefer not to see them turn into cookie cutter builds that will end up being nerfed next patch. don’t claim that a build you’ve probably never used is trash just because it doesn’t contain your favorite trait. It’s not the ideal spec, but it can be used without much effort and for some people that’s exactly what they want.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

-snip

The main issue here is that you somehow seem to think that shatter builds work in any way without taking DE. It has nothing to do with it being my favorite trait or not (which it isn’t). It simply has everything to do with the fact that without DE, you simply will not have enough clones to maintain shatter pressure, full stop. There’s literally not a single used shatter build that doesn’t take DE. Every now and then someone will try it, realize it’s awful, and then not try it again.

If you’re so insistent that it’s possible to run a shatter build effectively without DE, I invite you to do so, make a video, and disprove a fact that’s known to every mesmer except you.

Edit: It’s not like it’s only me saying this. Just in this thread alone, 2 other people told you the exact same thing I did.

(edited by Fay.2357)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I must also agree that trying to play any form of build that deals damage (power or condition) through frequent shattering of illusions without using DE is considerably worse than with using DE.

Other traits like PU do not make up for not having DE – you can still have enough stealths without that trait, you can never have enough illusions without DE – unless using something like fully traited scepter+sword and minimum cooldown on phase retreat…

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It’s been my experience that the only way you can shatter without DE is taking the sword CD, Celerity and using Sword/Sword+X. Taking another weapon CD also helps a lot. It’s still arguably less effective than just taking DE.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

if it takes you 50 sec to down in 1v1 dont engage . like thief hardly engage engi in 1v1 rather going to help in 4v3
the same with condi the aoe pressure is huge if you know how to do it as you can do better aoe dmg than any other condi class or build.
but yes necro give fear to the table, engi gives cc with crates etc.. while mesmer bring some daze and condi pressure

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

It depends on the venue.

If a mesmer is solo roaming in WVW, it may be nice to have prismatic understanding so if you run into numbers you can’t handle, you have escape potential.

That being said, though, I’d likely not run shatter with PU. I’d use the PU on-death or PU phantasmal killer style builds instead.

EDIT: Which I suppose amounts to, yeah, if you are taking shatter, DE is most definitely preferable to PU, lol!!!

(edited by Morfedel.4165)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

This is what I used to run recently, and I must say I’ve had some really nice results with it: *click*

I’m aware that it’s probably quite unusual, as it neither is a shatterbuild, nor is it a PU-build. The reason for the runes is, that there’s seriously nothing that makes more sense if you want to avoid being too slow for anything while not using a focus. At least the power isn’t competely wasted, seeing as iDuelists scale quite well on power... might even help against opponents with lots of condi-cleanse or immunities.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

-snip

The main issue here is that you somehow seem to think that shatter builds work in any way without taking DE. It has nothing to do with it being my favorite trait or not (which it isn’t). It simply has everything to do with the fact that without DE, you simply will not have enough clones to maintain shatter pressure, full stop. There’s literally not a single used shatter build that doesn’t take DE. Every now and then someone will try it, realize it’s awful, and then not try it again.

If you’re so insistent that it’s possible to run a shatter build effectively without DE, I invite you to do so, make a video, and disprove a fact that’s known to every mesmer except you.

Edit: It’s not like it’s only me saying this. Just in this thread alone, 2 other people told you the exact same thing I did.

Here’s a guide on how to get setup and making videos.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Guide-How-to-make-a-half-decent-vid/first#

I would never recommend a shatter spec (or almost any other spec) without DE to a newbie. It’d be the same as chopping their legs off then telling them “Go play, have fun!”

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Ty for replys guys!
I have a doubt… why most of the condi builds (scepter/torch + staff) on the guides ive seen, have rabid stats(condi, precision, toughness) and not dire(condi, toughness, vitality)?

Since most of damage will come from conditions(and not from power damage and illusions), i dont think we need that precision stats rights?

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Ty for replys guys!
I have a doubt… why most of the condi builds (scepter/torch + staff) on the guides ive seen, have rabid stats(condi, precision, toughness) and not dire(condi, toughness, vitality)?

Since most of damage will come from conditions(and not from power damage and illusions), i dont think we need that precision stats rights?

4 in Dueling + high precision = bleeds on clone crits + vigor uptime. Vigor uptime = more dodges = more clones = more conditions from clone deaths + bleeds from crits.

Those bleeds = massive amounts of damage in the grand scheme.

But yes, full Dire is an option.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

i use rabid acc/trinks and full dire weapons/ armor. i have around 2k condi 2.9k armor and 20k hp ish. imo relying on phanta/ illusion crits for bleeding is not the way to go

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

i use rabid acc/trinks and full dire weapons/ armor. i have around 2k condi 2.9k armor and 20k hp ish. imo relying on phanta/ illusion crits for bleeding is not the way to go

It’s not so much about reliance, far from it actualy. Two thoughts come to mind.

1) If you can survive with just toughness and no need for all that extra hp, why take the extra hp to begin with? Kiting + good positioning, on top of our various other active defenses mean can get away with little regard for hp.

2) bleeds on crits from clones is about heaping damage on top of damage on top of damage for no extra cost. Staff clones are a prime example. The AA applies condi’s (including bleeds), add to that an extra stack on crit, then you can add bleeding sigils, and an extra bounce with a trait. That’s nasty condition pressure just from bleeds alone. That’s not “relying on clones to crit”, that’s playing strong, albiet smart condi mesmer.

You also have the ability to burst high stacks with clones like iDuelist and iWarden, assuming you know how. It’s nothing to shake a stick at.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

i used to play with the on crit. after i dropped it i noticed no difference in damage. i had pistol oh and staff other. players in the higher tier will jst cleanse the bleeds/ burn… only 2 condis.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

i used to play with the on crit. after i dropped it i noticed no difference in damage. i had pistol oh and staff other. players in the higher tier will jst cleanse the bleeds/ burn… only 2 condis.

The bleeds aren’t the only reason to get crit. The 50% uptime on vigor is incredibly important too, and having no crit means no vigor.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

The bleeds aren’t the only reason to get crit. The 50% uptime on vigor is incredibly important too, and having no crit means no vigor.

In GW2, dodges > god.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It depends on the venue.

If a mesmer is solo roaming in WVW, it may be nice to have prismatic understanding so if you run into numbers you can’t handle, you have escape potential.

The problem is also that if you do want PU, and you do want to utilize shatters, you’d use something like 0/4/6/0/4. You’d still rather axe IP than DE, even with how strong the two losses in Illusions are. You just don’t cut off DE if you want to shatter.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

It depends on the venue.

The problem is also that if you do want PU, and you do want to utilize shatters, you’d use something like 0/4/6/0/4. You’d still rather axe IP than DE, even with how strong the two losses in Illusions are. You just don’t cut off DE if you want to shatter.

What if you don’t want PU and you don’t want to utilize shatters? Would a build like this work?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWl0npMtlqxRNcrVSphYqcn85W0VmUBK3JA-T5QHwAp3fIZZAAPBAA

Keep in mind I’ve just started theory crafting mesmer as my 8th profession, so be gentle yet concise.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’ve not read anything on this thread instead of the OP, so probably these things were said, but jsut in case.
Condi mesmer in PvP is not good simply (WvW it works for roaming)
If you want to play PvP shatter or lockdown it is.
If you really want a condi class, the most similar classes to mesmer would be engineer and necro. Engi is more of a hybrid meta (you can play triple kit condi though) atm but necro terrormancer is pure condi in the current meta and it’s a ton of fun in a good team but absolute dread in a bad team.

Pineapples rule

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

I’ve not read anything on this thread instead of the OP, so probably these things were said, but jsut in case.
Condi mesmer in PvP is not good simply (WvW it works for roaming)
If you want to play PvP shatter or lockdown it is.
If you really want a condi class, the most similar classes to mesmer would be engineer and necro. Engi is more of a hybrid meta (you can play triple kit condi though) atm but necro terrormancer is pure condi in the current meta and it’s a ton of fun in a good team but absolute dread in a bad team.

i have tried yesterday the terror necro in hot join and lockdown mesmer just kill me with ease . love the lockdown . also my team was so bad which left me alone always with no support…

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Jurica.1742

Honestly necro is friggin OP as hell. It’s really hard to play well (even harder than mesmer) and not too good until you reach that level, then it instantly becomes the biggest asset to your team ever. But aside from the skill (alike mesmer) you need support/babying from your team, even more so than the mesmer..

Pineapples rule

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Honestly necro is friggin OP as hell. It’s really hard to play well (even harder than mesmer) and not too good until you reach that level, then it instantly becomes the biggest asset to your team ever. But aside from the skill (alike mesmer) you need support/babying from your team, even more so than the mesmer..

Yeah, condi necros are freaking OP and tanky as hell. But i dont like it due the lack of mobility and resets(stealth away and regain life, for example). Is because of it u say necro need more support from your team?

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I think there’s one point in condi shatter that’s not mentioned yet: unlike power shatter, condi shatter doesn’t have to get close to realize its potential. Sometimes when your HP is low you can use LoS to your advantage. I don’t mean just camp with staff clones AAing (though its nonetheless an option), but you can shatter while hiding behind a rock etc.

Or you can try out PU condi in roaming, but people nowadays just ignore you and move on lol. Don’t try PU in ranked matches unless you have a good team with good map awareness though, or else you’re putting a lot of stress on your own team. Even then your team may prefer other builds/classes.

I’ve roam a lot and I can say necro is usually high on the list in focused attack. Mostly because of their AoE damages killed my clones before shattering and condition hindered the rest of the team. Also it takes relatively longer time to take down a necro if doing it alone so people focus fire on them. But yeah you’re right on the mobility part.

P.S. Condi necros aren’t the only option though, enjoy this vid where 2 support guards and 2 full zerk necros smashed pug zerg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcPQMXKyws&t=6m27s

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

Heya this is the build that I’ve been using and had great success with in outnumbered fights!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsfWlknpRtlpxBNcrNyrBh6oUlcSyBEgSuhoB-TFiAABEu/AAHBgwU+dk6Pb8IAGUfAbKB5+EAQKgFlGB-w

Signet of Domination can be swapped out against either portal or Mantra of Resolve if you feel like it. I like having Rending Shatter instead of Crippling Dissipation but that’s up to you if you like it or not.

When I roam with friends I swap out Cleansing Conflagration for Shattered Concentration for the boon rips. In this build I use a sword instead of a scepter. The reason for this is because I play this build the same as I play a power shatter, very aggressively and iLeap-swap helps me land the shatters (also you get a 3 ½ sec immobilize due to all the condition duration). I often start with torch 4, then 5, sword 3-swap, shatter 2, swap to staff, phase retreat, throw a couple of Winds of Chaos.

This build is great for the AOE condition preassure it can put out and the 2 second burn duration you got on Winds of Chaos. Thieves are no longer a problem for me You’ll also be pretty god kitten tanky!

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

(edited by Skada.1362)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

Heya this is the build that I’ve been using and had great success with in outnumbered fights!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsfWlknpRtlpxBNcrNyrBh6oUlcSyBEgSuhoB-TFiAABEu/AAHBgwU+dk6Pb8IAGUfAbKB5+EAQKgFlGB-w

Signet of Domination can be swapped out against either portal or Mantra of Resolve if you feel like it. I like having Rending Shatter instead of Crippling Dissipation but that’s up to you if you like it or not.

When I roam with friends I swap out Cleansing Conflagration for Shattered Concentration for the boon rips. In this build I use a sword instead of a scepter. The reason for this is because I play this build the same as I play a power shatter, very aggressively and iLeap-swap helps me land the shatters (also you get a 3 ½ sec immobilize due to all the condition duration). I often start with torch 4, then 5, sword 3-swap, shatter 2, swap to staff, phase retreat, throw a couple of Winds of Chaos.

This build is great for the AOE condition preassure it can put out and the 2 second burn duration you got on Winds of Chaos. Thieves are no longer a problem for me You’ll also be pretty god kitten tanky!

i think there is a mistake as the burn duration is 1 sec as it got only 90% duration and not 100%. but still good

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Jurica.1742

I think there’s one point in condi shatter that’s not mentioned yet: unlike power shatter, condi shatter doesn’t have to get close to realize its potential. Sometimes when your HP is low you can use LoS to your advantage. I don’t mean just camp with staff clones AAing (though its nonetheless an option), but you can shatter while hiding behind a rock etc.

Yeah because on power builds, shatters need a line of sight… Power shatters if they hit, they’ll do damage, condi shatters if thy hit, they’ll apply condis which will put damage.
Both can be avoided in the same ways so that argument is completely invalid.

Pineapples rule

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

^ I think he’s more talking about a P-Shatter using IP, where you have to be close to get the extra damage from IP and possibly Sw #2, although these days most are double-ranged.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

i think there is a mistake as the burn duration is 1 sec as it got only 90% duration and not 100%. but still good

2 sec in the build editor and 2 sec in game for me. And then of course there’s the Toxic Focusing Crystal for an additional 10% which gives more room for changes in the build

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

Hey guys;

Long time i made this thread! I was testing the mantra/PU condi build on some hot joins, and got ALOT of rage from ppl saying:

“PU condi mesmer f*** u”
“This build is Cancer”

And things like this…do you never get it?

is it true? what you think? Is any condi mesmer build cheessy?

Ty all!

(edited by WilnerGW.3275)

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

No. People who don’t play PU condi never get those messages.
You get them for a number of reasons but mostly because of what Jurica said “Condi mesmer in PvP is not good simply”.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

WilnerGW.3275

You get them for a number of reasons but mostly because of what Jurica said “Condi mesmer in PvP is not good simply”.

But thats weird, cuz and the most situations when i get this message is when i kill some1 in a hot join, then the rage begins. I am used to get those messages as a condi ranger too, but not as much im getting now with the mesmer ;p

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah, people rage endlessly about condi mesmers, even if they’re sup-bar all in all. Still fun to play, and it’s fun to make people rage with it. And then report them for it.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

But thats weird, cuz and the most situations when i get this message is when i kill some1 in a hot join, then the rage begins. I am used to get those messages as a condi ranger too, but not as much im getting now with the mesmer ;p

Ok, so bear with me for a second, it will make sense eventually.
You get raged at because:
a) condition mesmer is not good in pvp because of the immense condi cleanse capabilities of shoutbows, dd eles
b) PU in particular is generally bad because it takes longer to kill someone and take the point or you spend a lot of time in stealth which increases the potential cap time even further
c) because of points a and b there are no condi mesmers in the meta
d) since there are no condi mesmers in the meta, the meta builds of other classes are ill-suited to fight condi mesmers 1v1
e) people take these meta builds into hotjoins where they get destroyed by your PU condi build
f) people “rage” about it…

They are technically right, you would never be effective in a premade vs. premade match, but then again, they went to said hot join and we all know that hot joins are a complete mess.

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: CobraPolo.1723

CobraPolo.1723

I’ll have to agree with WilnerGW on this one. I get those hate messages constantly when I run my condi PU mesmer to change it up here and there. May not be viable or “the meta” but i’ll say this, people have one hell of a time trying to kill me when I do run that condi pu. Sure enjoying reading the messages after killing them all

Condi Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

As others have said, for roaming, unless you really enjoy having anyone with a brain just run away from you, you need to make sure you take appropriate weapons, which unfortunately aren’t the most optimal in terms of condition pressure (e.g. sword). Even then, if someone really wants to get away they probably will. This is why GS is such a good weapon for roaming, it is very hard for someone to get away from you.

Basically if you really want to go full condi as a roamer, get used to not getting to finish a lot of your fights and not being able to chase someone. Of course, it is totally sensible to give up some dmg for increased ability to chase, just be aware of the choice.