Condition Mesmer in WvW

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

Anyone got any ideas now on how to have a condition mesmer in wvw that can hold up in most fights? A few months ago we were fine and i could hold my own and take out most opponents fairly quickly. That became a lot harder after the recent nerfs and now to blow to chaos armor is making me wonder if it’s one step too far. But the whole reason i went Mesmer because i liked the condition damage they used to be able to dish out, so just wondered if anyone has a viable pure condition build that can hold its own out there?

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Westibone.3985

Westibone.3985

Go 0/20/30/0/20 and use full rabid gear (undead runes) with Staff and Scepter/Torch. Take decoy, blink, X, Mass Invis. You are unbelievably survivable with all the stealth + prismatic understanding, and your Torment will hurt like hell on the scepter block. This spec is not amazing in groups, since your dmg is mostly single target, but for solo roaming it’s extremely hard to beat. Make sure you take Illusionary Elasticity to greatly improve the effectiveness of your staff. Also, turn off the auto attack on scepter, as the scepter clones are far inferior to staff clones.

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tek.4083

Tek.4083

Yea I was roamin with westibone in a duo roam yesterday. The damage is amazing but I find though that the scepter block is really hard to land due to it needing to block xD meaning its hard to focus down a target. so I think in a 1v1 this spec is op as hell, but that torment is hard to land on your focus target. But that’s from my prespective with s/s.

Tek Esper [VLK] [AoN]

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

The build in my signature is pretty much what Westibone describes, though I use sword instead of scepter because I really like Blurred Frenzy for defense, as well as iLeap for an immobilize or to help land The Prestige. As stated, Pristmatic Understanding gives you incredible defense.

Also, I’ve been testing a build more focused on condition duration that’s been quite successful thus far. I’ll give you the link if you want to try it for yourself.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW8PGRM9I4QOgjkiS71Kpw2uQA-jkyAINlZsWgoFwUlholDLiGbVsIasKZioa1NmBPR28hVLFAErBA-w

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Go 0/20/30/0/20 and use full rabid gear (undead runes) with Staff and Scepter/Torch. Take decoy, blink, X, Mass Invis. You are unbelievably survivable with all the stealth + prismatic understanding, and your Torment will hurt like hell on the scepter block. This spec is not amazing in groups, since your dmg is mostly single target, but for solo roaming it’s extremely hard to beat. Make sure you take Illusionary Elasticity to greatly improve the effectiveness of your staff. Also, turn off the auto attack on scepter, as the scepter clones are far inferior to staff clones.

I am similar to this, though with a few specific changes. Gear and weapons are the same as well as Runes. Sigil of Earth on Scepter, Sigil of Corruption on Torch and Sigil of Blood on Staff.

Traits are:

Domination(20) : V, IX
Dueling(0) :
Chaos(30) : IV, V, XII
Inspiration(20) : VI, VII
Illusions(0)

Skills i have taken vary in 2 situations (well one does) i have Blink when i am roaming and Freedback for full zerg attacks and defending/attacking towers and keeps as its VERY.

I then take at all times Ether Feast, Mirror Images and Decoy. Elite is pretty much the only good roaming skill we have Mass Invis though works great in Groups as well. Some times i may take Time Warp

I play mostly in Scepter and use Scepter #1 clones to do the damage as they spawn on the target and when they get replaced they cripple and give a random condition. I use stealth to confuse and as a retreat if required.

Think we play very different which is very interesting and what should be happening with the necro, they all seem to play the same build, same skills and same playstyle.

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

This is the build I use. Desperate Decoy, Deceptive Evasion, CoF grants retaliation, staff bounce, and 3%- less damage for each illusion. You’re very tanky and can melt people down. Gotta have some condition removal on a utility though.

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

I take down 3 vs 1 with this build. Op class.

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/BUILD-The-Blackwater-Mesmer-WvW-Condition/first

This is my WvW Condition build, everything you need is in the write up, I find that it works great in WvW (mostly a roaming/ small group fight kinda build)

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I tested 20-20-30-0-0, think Pyro use this aswell.

Enjoy my ressults, wery fun and good survival:

/Osicat

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I tested 20-20-30-0-0, think Pyro use this aswell.

Enjoy my ressults, wery fun and good survival:

/Osicat

Could you share thoughts on this build ?

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Cempa, like al conditions build strong versus alot of oponents, the stealth make it possible to withdraw if you cant win witch is needed for any romaing build unless you a kamikaze. Its only weakness is classes who chwe conditions for breakfast, tanky d/d, necro and 0-30-30-10-0 thiefs (good ones).

When I say wekness thu I dont say they eat you alive, I mean that in al cases you have a hard time kill em but exept the necro you not realy a threat to kill you eather.

Like most condi builds for mesmer is sutained dmg is superb, its good condi burst aswell unless you play vs one of the named classes above who clear your burst condis. Personaly I find it a viable build but not as strong in 10-15 group content or in many cases solo as the shatter cat heavy 3.0 that I normlay play.

It do shine thu in ~5 man team or in duo with 1-2 thiefs and for trolling is the best build I played.

/Osicat

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Having good fun with 20/0/30/20/0, scepter+torch and Staff with a mixture of Carrion and Giver’s gear with a splash of Rabid to get the toughness up. There’s quite a few ways to approach the condition Mesmer.

Gandara

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Radnar.9814

Radnar.9814

Wow, thanks for all the good replys everyone =) Will definitely be trying out these.

Condition Mesmer in WvW

in Mesmer

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

Yea I was roamin with westibone in a duo roam yesterday. The damage is amazing but I find though that the scepter block is really hard to land due to it needing to block xD meaning its hard to focus down a target. so I think in a 1v1 this spec is op as hell, but that torment is hard to land on your focus target. But that’s from my prespective with s/s.

In 1vx as condition I usually just swap focus to whoever eats my Torment no matter how low the other target is.

Made a post on my condition roaming build just added a video link to it as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/BUILD-Condition-build-for-roaming-WvW/first#post2412413

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer