Continuum Shift and Healing

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Something about this was mentioned in the PoI about Chronomancer. However, I got an idea watching it.

If the return from Continuum Shift does not interrupt skill action. You could easily get a double heal:

• activate continuum shift, when your heal is recharged
  • activate heal
  • while the healing animation is active, you activate continuum shift a 2nd time
  • this will set your heal cool down back to 0 while you are being phased back to normal time, so you will receive the healing effect after the animation

This would only work, if the 2nd continuum shift skill does not interrupt your actions.

EDIT:
Just thought of an application for Signet of the Eather and summoning of 3 times the same phantasm:

• produce clones
  • activate continuum shift
  • summon phantasm
  • activate Signet of the Eather
  • summon the phantasm again
  • activate continuum shift a 2nd time
  • summon phantasm a 3rd time
[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

It appeared to be instant cast like the other shatters.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

This would only work, if the 2nd continuum shift skill does not interrupt your actions like blink does for instance.

blink does not interrupt your actions.

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

This would only work, if the 2nd continuum shift skill does not interrupt your actions like blink does for instance.

blink does not interrupt your actions.

That’s what I meant to say^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

I’m pretty sure that won’t work. Cooldowns don’t tend to activate until after the skill animation completes, so you wouldn’t be able to Continuum Shift in the middle of an activation without it counting as being after the Continuum Shift. If you heal with a rift down, you’ll end up losing all of the healing you got, since your health resets to what it was when the rift initially went down.

Only things like the Heal Well, where the effect persists in the world, would let you do anything like this, and you’d still lose the initial portion of the heal when you Shifted.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I’m pretty sure that won’t work. Cooldowns don’t tend to activate until after the skill animation completes, so you wouldn’t be able to Continuum Shift in the middle of an activation without it counting as being after the Continuum Shift. If you heal with a rift down, you’ll end up losing all of the healing you got, since your health resets to what it was when the rift initially went down.

Only things like the Heal Well, where the effect persists in the world, would let you do anything like this, and you’d still lose the initial portion of the heal when you Shifted.

Fairly certain this is correct

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

I don’t understand your point. If I start healing during the shift, but end the shift before the heal animation finishes, the heal effect would be applied to me and stay. And the heal cool down would be, as it was before the shift… meaning it would be fully recharged, if I entered the shift with a fully recharged heal…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in Mesmer

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

But you forgot that you complete your animation after you end the shift which lead to you getting heal and putting CD on your healing skill. Remember, your healing skill will only going on CD once you complete the animation. In other word, to get the most benefit out of Continuum Shift you have to complete everything before it is ended.

All is vain.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Also, he mentioned that the Continum Shift is a double edged sword.

If you activate CS and then heal and then CS to shift back. You will go back to your weakened state before the first heal occurred. You will basically “erase” the heal your trying to duplicate.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

But you forgot that you complete your animation after you end the shift which lead to you getting heal and putting CD on your healing skill. Remember, your healing skill will only going on CD once you complete the animation. In other word, to get the most benefit out of Continuum Shift you have to complete everything before it is ended.

Uh yeah, you are right.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe