Dealing with conditions

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’ve been playing my low level mesmer (38) recently and have played quite a bit in WvW using a staff, sword/focus(or pistol in certain cases). So far, so good – decent low level support and damage. One thing I’ve noticed is that conditions just eat me alive, even when using Lemongrass and Null field. Grant it, I am only level 38 on this character, but how do mesmers deal with conditions?

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Mantra of Resolve.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you evade/block/invuln attacks that put conditions on you.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: ppaladin.4608

ppaladin.4608

If you are a shatter mesmer, yep, mantra of resolve is your best best. Phantasm mesmers have shattered conditions, mender’s purity, idisenchanter and a quicker null field to consider.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Idisenchanter is a underlooked but very good condition removal tool, since the phantasm HP buffs. It has a better uptime of removal in the instances I’ve used it opposed to Null Field. No combo field though, sadly.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Idisenchanter is a underlooked but very good condition removal tool, since the phantasm HP buffs. It has a better uptime of removal in the instances I’ve used it opposed to Null Field. No combo field though, sadly.

i disenchanter is a great tool that’s correct, but in wvw it dies very quickly. too much aoe, marks, wells, arrowcarts and all that. but yeah i would go with nullfield as it also rips boons from enemies and cures your teammates

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Don’t forget traits:

Shattered Conditions & Mender’s Purity in Inspiration traitline.
Cleansing Inscriptions in Chaos.
Cleansing Conflagration in Dom.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

burn them with traited torch

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Imo arcane thievery is the best one. I still didn’t find a good way to remove them, they’re too easy to reapply and after last patch is just a condition fest everywhere, it’s mesmer weak point imo. Shattered conditions would be good if it wasn’t placed in that tree..

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Helios.3598

Mender’s Purity + Restorative Mantras + Mantra of Recovery(or any other mantra) = Sweet mercy that’s some cleansing goodness

Assuming Mender’s Purity triggers on Restorative Mantras.

mesmer of Blackgate

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

@Helios: Mender’s purity does not activate on mantra charge with restorative mantras.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

@Helios: Mender’s purity does not activate on mantra charge with restorative mantras.

Can you explain that? Do you mean that it’s bugged and MP doesn’t trigger if you also have RM traited too? I thought all “on heal” and “on mantra” effects only triggered upon charge, not use. Clarify please?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Menders Purity only triggers if you activate your actual healing skill. (Skill 6)

If you have Mantra of Recovery, it’ll activate on the use of any of the 2-3 charges.
Restorative Mantras has no effect on Menders Purity.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Helios.3598

Well kitten . Still, two cleanses every 10 seconds or three with Harmonious Mantras isn’t terrible.

mesmer of Blackgate

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jammos.9540

Jammos.9540

Build based on toughness and you’ll be fine.
I usually don’t even take conditions off with my build. I use null field in zerg attacks and only in emergencies.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: ppaladin.4608

ppaladin.4608

With the exception of the torch 20% reduced recharge trait in the domination line (which makes no sense since it is a condition weapon and this is the power line), the condition removal stuff is all in Chaos or Inspiration. I’d really like to see it spread out a bit so all build types have more options.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

How far away does idis cure you? i know you need a target to spawn it, which may not be next to you, so just wondering how worthwhile it might be

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I made this build the other night and it has a ton of condition removal.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Build-Poisoned-Apples/first#post2339508

Focus 4 light field with focus 5 phantasm cures conditions
Traited torch cures conditions on activation
iMage with traited torch cures conditions on bounce
Arcane Thievery transfers conditions

Also, lots of HP’s,
lots of healing.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

i disenchanter is a great tool that’s correct, but in wvw it dies very quickly. too much aoe, marks, wells, arrowcarts and all that. but yeah i would go with nullfield as it also rips boons from enemies and cures your teammates

It’s better for small engagements, while NullField is better for larger ones I find. :o

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: gorma.3725

gorma.3725

iDisenchanter has a low cd, but it’s to slow to remove a condition burst. I personally use arcane thievery, CD is ok, its instant. If you have problems with enemies dodging your thievery keep in mind you could also immobilze or stun the enemy before using AT. If in panic you could also target a pet or npc for fast and secure condition removal. Apart from that, you could also use this skill for stealing boons.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

arcane thievery is probably the best if you are a Dps build, for example you are fighting two enemies one high condamage and the other a zerk build, being able to redirect the high condamage from yourself to the zerk will efficiantly let you control dps on the fight, ive come under this situation and many times without the skill i would be done for, it just helps turn high dps build into high dps build that can also do high dps in condamage aswell as long as you focus and apply the skill right.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

It’s not as reliable as some of the other options and it costs a bit of gold, but Sigil of Generosity is another option for conditions. It has a 60% chance to transfer on a critical hit. Sigil of Purity is similar but only removes the condition.

And as Pyro has pointed out in a few threads, the Lemongrass Poultry soup reduces condition duration by 40%. So you can have it on all the time or keep your inventory open and double click it in a fight.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

It’s not as reliable as some of the other options and it costs a bit of gold, but Sigil of Generosity is another option for conditions. It has a 60% chance to transfer on a critical hit. Sigil of Purity is similar but only removes the condition.

And as Pyro has pointed out in a few threads, the Lemongrass Poultry soup reduces condition duration by 40%. So you can have it on all the time or keep your inventory open and double click it in a fight.

ahh but as an avid WvW you wouldn’t want to be popping 11s everytime you come across someone who using conditions however i do agree it might be worth switching sigil of fire on my gs to sigil of generosity,

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

most conditions, like any other attack, can be dodged. you dont have to cleanse them if you dont have them ;D.

When i run master of manipulation i sometimes take arcane thievery, if i dont i take null field, null field is especially suefull in groups

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

I generally use menders purity 10 point inspiration trait to remove 1 condition when I heal, but apart form that and lemongrass you really need to practice avoiding the heavy condition attacks which is easier said then done, but you are only level 38 so expect it to take time. conditions are one of the mesmers major weaknesses.

-Priest of Lyssa

Dealing with conditions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I generally use menders purity 10 point inspiration trait to remove 1 condition when I heal, but apart form that and lemongrass you really need to practice avoiding the heavy condition attacks which is easier said then done, but you are only level 38 so expect it to take time. conditions are one of the mesmers major weaknesses.

-Priest of Lyssa

I’ve come to believe this is only true if you’re going for the typical high dps’esque builds. The more power/crit, the less hp’s, toughness, and condition removal options.