Distortion to allies on Signet cast

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Not sure if it’s intended…but this is currently SO awesome! If traited for Illusionary Inspiration and Blurred Inscriptions, then all our Signet AND Phantasm casts will actually grant distortion to nearby allies! o_o

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Just noticed the Phantasm thing myself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

ummmm hmmm!! My signet support build is working out amazingly well right now in solo q.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It shouldn’t be on every phantasm cast; that trait has a substantial cooldown.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

By substantial, he means every 24s for boon sharing and every 5seconds for the distortion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Right, the trait and skill are on independent 30s cooldowns. It’s a ton of Distortion, but let’s not throw around untrue things like “every phantasm cast”.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

What?! So much distortion? :o

I must try this later.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

By substantial, he means every 24s for boon sharing and every 5seconds for the distortion.

You don’t get distortion without the inspiration trait activating, so that 24 second cooldown is the limiting factor, not the 5s cooldown.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

The OP mentioned both signets and the trait which is what I’m responding to. There’s a lot of uptime on aoe distortion in signet builds that also take the gm trait in Inspiration. That’s all I’ve been using since this morning, and I’ve only lost maybe 2 or 3 matches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’m in the process of taking footage testing chaos maestro, it’s so good right now! (But so hard to use x.x)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Yep, got a melee party today in our raid and they really liked it :>

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Doesn’t seem to have a target limit right now. (Trait text says 5). Have fun in WvW!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Doesn’t seem to have a target limit right now. (Trait text says 5). Have fun in WvW!

Uh? It seemed to hit only 5 targets when I tested it :O

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Uh? It seemed to hit only 5 targets when I tested it :O

After further testing, this is currently affecting all support skills that have the 5 target cap, including Guardian Shouts.

Go to HotM → Spec Master of fragmentation along with Inspiring distortion → see everyone encased in a prism

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It’s weird how little this was noticed before. I get it, it’s a “support” trait but one that is really powerful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Titus.2085

Titus.2085

It is insanely strong. I got at max, 4 invulnerability spreads in a team fight and some of them actually nulled a fatal damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s the exact sort of unique trait support I’ve always wanted on my Mesmer.

The synergy of Inspiring Distortion with Blurred Inscriptions and Master of Fragmentation is exciting. It’s very powerful in WvW but has an obvious drawback in sPvP

Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

It’s weird how little this was noticed before. I get it, it’s a “support” trait but one that is really powerful.

It was noticed. I was by far not the only one to comment how powerful this would likely be in a group support build. Inspiration in general is really powerful, especially with the improved mantras.

This will be a good counter to the preferred method of picking a single target, locking it down, and then focus-bursting it. An aware Mesmer can really counter this rather brutish, simplistic tactic. Will be nice to see skilled support Mesmers make the enemy team pull their hair out trying to down someone.

Hope they don’t nerf this too.

The Knee Jerk balance season is definitely open! So anything and everything that the standard bearers of the previous meta will deem to be OPd, they will complain about loudly, before actually attempting to counter it. Sadly it seems Anet is listening already…