Ele's are the new Mesmers counters

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Yep, as the title say.. whats bin ur experience?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Still thief /15chars

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Still thief /15chars

Nope

Condi Ele is really strong..

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I haven’t had much trouble with Elementalist yet, but in the little bit of play-time I got last night I didn’t encounter that many Elementalists so perhaps I didn’t run up against a good one.

What makes you think they are our counter?
What build(s) were you running?
Were you able to ascertain what build(s) they were running?

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Dom/Duel/Insp with Power Block, Shattered Conc, DE, Heal- and Interrupt Mantra (Restorative traited) wrecks every ele. Seriously. You’re healing up as fast as a medi guard with that setup, and condis aren’t even a problem anymore (cleanse/heal on shatter, cleanse on heal, heal on mantra, regen or phant defender on top of that)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Dom/Duel/Insp with Power Block, Shattered Conc, DE, Heal- and Interrupt Mantra (Restorative traited) wrecks every ele. Seriously. You’re healing up as fast as a medi guard with that setup, and condis aren’t even a problem anymore (cleanse/heal on shatter, cleanse on heal, heal on mantra, regen or phant defender on top of that)

I havent run that build yet.. might as well test it now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I have been running a condition shatter build after the patch. As long as I am not caught off guard ( and even then…) I will always kill the theif. The few Eles I have fought haven’t been a problem either but I only 1v1ed 3 Eles who weren’t great.

in Mesmer

tetrodoxin.2134

I recommend the usual sword/torch GS power shatter setup for it, and save the interrupt mantra for heals/water attunement. =)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

I havent run that build yet.. might as well test it now.

Nope.. just finished testing the build. Yes..it does work vs Ele’s..but the thieves gets you now. Bad trade off. I rather keep my PU power shatter build & give no quarters to thieves.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I recommend tetrodoxin’s build for power.

For conditions I was running similar but replaced Domination with Illusions and swapped out Greatsword.

Inspiration is so much better now than it was … especially with all the condis.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

I’ve been getting two hit by eles. But it might be my build, but I’ve been experimenting a lot

in Mesmer

Posted by: CyberMurmeli.3061

CyberMurmeli.3061

I had trouble fighting cele d/f elementalist. Tried dom/duel/chaos and dom/duel/illus
E: Part of the problem might be that im not familiar with focus skills..

(edited by CyberMurmeli.3061)

in Mesmer

tetrodoxin.2134

Ain’t that bad vs thiefs either. Blind on shatter helps a lot.
The burst combo is pretty much like always, except you’re engaging with a mantra stun to land it. That usually works for me.

Also, I prefer Marauder over Berserker amulet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Didn’t lose a single 1×1 last night with my shatter condi. Surprisingly enough, my two toughest fights were against power rangers. They’ve amazing condi cleanse now.

Thieves would just melt. I would even /sit and wait for them to attack me after they used shadow refuge.

[HUE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Still thief /15chars

Nope

Condi Ele is really strong..

ele feels like joke to me, though I’m taking inspiration.

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Didn’t lose a single 1×1 last night with my shatter condi. Surprisingly enough, my two toughest fights were against power rangers. They’ve amazing condi cleanse now.

Thieves would just melt. I would even /sit and wait for them to attack me after they used shadow refuge.

Thieves will melt mostly on shatter builds. Phantasm & other slow builds they have the upper hand. Most of the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jax.5679

jax.5679

Can someone provide more detail on this build? Wepons used? Utilities?

in Mesmer

tetrodoxin.2134

Can someone provide more detail on this build? Wepons used? Utilities?

It’s pretty much what jax posted here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Anti-cond-build-Thoughts/first#post5204591

I’m using Mental Defense instead of Illusionary Inspiration, and I’m usually slotting some generosity sigils, ending up with something like this for team comps:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RFkg;1ZUk3147cVV71;9;4STV;0038038146;4Uom6T;1CoF2CoF25C

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Using PU Condi, there is an Ele build that my Condis will not stick to… that is pretty much the only profession/build that I can not beat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Here are my experiences based on the two builds I’ve heavily played with since the patch, which were a pre-nerf Condition Shatter build using interrupts/blinds/pistol (Dom/Due/Ill). The second build was Signet Support Tank, which has a lot of healing. My thoughts:

• Ele had a lot of condition clears. More so than before? I’m unsure.
  • The burns were more deadly than before. Usually, I wouldn’t panic, but I had to worry about it more often.
  • I felt like Ele had more survivability. I saw eles attuned to earth more often than I used to.
  • Still easy to rip most of their boons away when on condi shatter.
  • Ele is more susceptible to interrupt traits than before (or maybe everyone is since we can take multiple). I noticed that when I got a good Powerblock/CI off on my signet tank, the ele floundered.
  • I noticed that eles behaved kind of like Mesmers at times (when I was on my tank). This is to say they went through a long burst rotation, and when they couldn’t finish me off, the dps dropped and they sort of retreated before re-engaging. This was most strange, because my tank isn’t super threatening except for when I interrupt. When I was on condi shatter, most eles were aggressive throughout the entire engagement.

Overall, Ele seemed to be a more difficult opponent than before. special mention goes to guards who also seemed to be very threatening to my two builds.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Vieux P.1238

Using PU Condi, there is an Ele build that my Condis will not stick to… that is pretty much the only profession/build that I can not beat.

It’s the same with the burst power shatter. But i’m fine with it. It’s not like before when thief could 1.5 sec down you. Ele’s still have to work for there mesmer kill.

ps: phantasm build does work well on ele’s but leave you vulnerable to the rest..espacially thieves.