Elite phantasm

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

We’ve all seen the discussions about elite mantras or elite signets, but I’ve never seen a discussion about an elite phantasm.

I’m thinking aoe, and lots of it. How about you?

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

We’ve all seen the discussions about elite mantras or elite signets, but I’ve never seen a discussion about an elite phantasm.

I’m thinking aoe, and lots of it. How about you?

for some reason, I want a stationary phantasm to do fear.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Maybe a skill that spawns three phantasms when used (signet of spirits anyone?).

It couldn’t be a mantra obviously since that would be totally OP. A signet would be cool but what passive could you pair with such awesomeness?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

if it will be instant 3 iduelist. i see horde of thieves in forum QQ about it
but im sure wanna elite phantasm instead tw or mi

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i think an instant 3 phantasm elite would be OP.
As a shatter mesmer, i’d like a signet with the active being instant 3 clones….but if it has to be a phantasm, maybe its a signet with the active use copying your active phantasm (or last one conjured if you have 2 up)…….so if you have an iDuelist up, you now have two.

that said, an AoE phantasm would be fantastic and make phantasm builds more viable in non-1vs1 situations.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

Phantasm would be right up my ally, however I’d love to see a new elite anything that’s not on a super long cooldown. As awesome as mass invis is, would ne nice to have other options.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I want this as an elite phantasm, and replace it with Moa since it’s arguably one of mesmer’s most useless elites barring duel fighting and countering other elites/summons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/12/Mesmer_01_concept_art.jpg

Playable Tengu please!

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

drongas.4189

I want this as an elite phantasm, and replace it with Moa since it’s arguably one of mesmer’s most useless elites barring duel fighting and countering other elites/summons.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/12/Mesmer_01_concept_art.jpg

transform in batterfly? moa useful1-3. MI uselles 6+ so moa>mi :P

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

Phantasmal Illusionist – uses Decoy and casts Veil of Absorbtion. Veil of Absorbtion – you and your allies and minions gain Aegis, invisibilty for 1 second and become immune to AoE abilities for 5 seconds. Recast – 7 seconds.

or

Phantasmal Illusionist – casts Illusion of Death – targets in the area take damage and are dazed for 1 second and are crippled, chilled and weakened for additional 4 seconds. 6 seconds recast. Has double the base phantasm HP.

(edited by Gaidax.7835)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Phantasmal Tyrannosaurus

..Too badazz, I know.

Phantasmal Bombadier – Runs around dropping AoE bombs that do around a bit more damage than iswordsman and can randomly Daze/5xConfuse/10 Sec Weakness/Poison or grant Protection/6 sec Vigor/ 2 sec Distortion on allies.

OP? Nah, its an elite. Give it a 180 sec cooldown.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I suppose I’ll re-mention “that one idea…”

Phantasmal Arrowcart?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Phantasmal Stormer – Summon an illusion that creates a Chaos Storm centered on the illusion (and thus travels with the illusion). The chaos storm lasts for 5 seconds and occurs once every 15 seconds while the illusion is active.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Phantasmal Stormer – Summon an illusion that creates a Chaos Storm centered on the illusion (and thus travels with the illusion). The chaos storm lasts for 5 seconds and occurs once every 15 seconds while the illusion is active.

THIS

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

I’d like an elite illusion that looks like exactly like my avatar (boons, conditions, etc. Included) and mirrors my every move. That would be kind of neat. A little blink with myself and my copy equidistant from the point of the blink.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I want an elite phantasm that resses people and puts up feedback during the ress

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

if it will be instant 3 iduelist. i see horde of thieves in forum QQ about it
but im sure wanna elite phantasm instead tw or mi

How about spawning 2 Phantasmal Clones that aren’t linked to any target and follow you around like summons casting skills from Mesmer weapons in no particular order or method.

Playing as an Asura, I only really get Golem/Mistfire summons, and it really sucks when I wanna just have a friend in life…

This could also give Mesmers a relatively low cooldown Elite OTHER THAN MASS INVISIBILITY, AKA A PVE ELITE >.>

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I suggest 3 options for an elite phantasm:

1. Illusionary Summoner
Spawns a Phantasm that attacks and creates clones around itself, upping your clone limit by 3 more.

2. Illusionary Sniper
Spawns a Phantasm that attacks with a rifle, does high damage kill shots, and turns invisible when not attacking.

3. Illusionary Commander
Spawns a high health phantasm with a banner that grants boons to surrounding allies and causes fear to foes.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Phantasmal ritualist
Cooldown45/36
(is affected by illusionist’s celerity)
Summon a phantasmal ritualist that creates a circle of chaos around your target. On creation foes are immobilized, then the circle pulses cripple, vulnerability and 2 random short conditions per second. Allies gain a random boon per pulse. Lingers for 5 seconds. Foes that exit the circle are dazed.
Vulnerality: 1 stack, 15 seconds
Cripple: 1 second
Dazed: 1 second
Random conditions: weakness (3s), 3 vulnerability (5s), chilled (1s), poisoned (2s), crippled (1.5s), confusion (3 stacks, 3s), blind (2s).
Random boons: swiftness (2s), aegis (2s), protection (1s), vigor (3s), retaliation (3s).
Range (summon): 900
Range (phantasm attack): 600
Chaos circle radius: same as chaos storm
Chaos circle activation time: 1.5 (phantasm charges the attack before it happens, can be interupted, a bright purple light comes of the phantasm, similar to moa morph)
Chaos circle cooldown: 8.5
Unblockable (the initial immobilize can be dodged)

:)

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

drongas.4189

^+1
not bad rly.

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Id like a phantom that reappears every time enemies kill it.

Recurring Insecurity (yay gw1 reference skill)
Summons a phantasm that dazes the enemies near the target for 1 second. When killed, the phantasm respawns. Respawns only 3 times. Does not get affected by shatters. (has its own clone counter)
Uses ability every 4s
Phantasm disappears if target dies (much like other phantasms) and does not respawn.
Recharge- idk
Should affected by illusion celerity.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Okay, I got it. Sorry, but this contest is over. Thanks for playing.

Illusionary Victim
———————————
Creates a realistic decoy (or clone if there are more than 1 foes) of an enemy in a downed state, spamming abilities, calling to be rezzed. When foes rush over and start to heal the downed player, at first everything seems normal. Heal numbers pop up on the screen. But when the "player"’s health bar is full and they are rezzed (or when you hit the skill again), a shatter effect happens instead, damaging foes surrounding the illusionary victim and dropping a chaos storm field. Damage on the shatter is increased by how many foes are rezzing the victim.

Awww yeah.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Illusionary Victim
———————————
Creates a realistic decoy (or clone if there are more than 1 foes) of an enemy in a downed state, spamming abilities, calling to be rezzed. When foes rush over and start to heal the downed player, at first everything seems normal. Heal numbers pop up on the screen. But when the "player"’s health bar is full and they are rezzed (or when you hit the skill again), a shatter effect happens instead, damaging foes surrounding the illusionary victim and dropping a chaos storm field. Damage on the shatter is increased by how many foes are rezzing the victim.

Awww yeah.

Yeah…that’s pretty awesome. Won’t deny it.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Illusionary Victim
———————————

Awww yeah.

That is… SO creative. Pretty awesome, dude. But it’d only work in sPvP/WvW.

But it does inspire a couple ideas..

• Illusory Alliance
    Creates a clone of the target enemy, complete with their statistics and skills.

Or something a bit more sinister..

• Illusory Betrayal
    Target enemy looks like the player, and vice versa. Allies cannot attack you, but target’s allies can attack them.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Doppleganker – Summons a phantasm in the image of the current target. The phantasm only auto attacks, however, any damage or condition applied to this phantasm will also effect the target.

Of course, if we’re going to have a phantasm elite, we need a clone one too, so…

Divine Wind – Summons 9 clones at once which will run at the target and shatter using Mind Wrack while leaving Chaos Storm in their wake.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Illusionary Victim
———————————

Awww yeah.

Baha, I like this. Ignoring the fact that it would only work in PvP/WvW, as Chaos previously said; I chuckle to myself thinking of the complaints other people would make if this was an actual skill.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: nerve.1490

nerve.1490

Echo – Manipulation. 1c, 60r

Illusion summoning skills summon one more illusion.

(Has no interaction with Deceptive Evasion/Desperate Decoy, etc. In the case of using it before an untimely death; Deception will spawn two downed clones instead of one. As for the duration, anything over 10 seconds makes it potentially too powerful I would guess.)

Illusionary Weaponry – Summon. 1.5c, 120r

Every five seconds summons one of three illusionary weapons that follow the Mesmer.

~Illusionary Scythe – does an AoE sweep that damages and has slight knockback
~Illusionary Rifle – fires a volley of projectiles doing low damage with a chance to daze
~Illusionary Horn – clarion call duration-based area of effect that gives random buffs to allies and random conditions to enemies

(Duration would have to be lowish as well, but 30 seconds sounds ideal. The weapons cannot be targeted, however. To balance out having too many summoned allies on the field, the weapons are replaced one after the next.)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darwin Iznang.1342

Darwin Iznang.1342

I have finally fully embraced the GW2 version of the Mesmer and no longer pine for my lost GW1 abilities. But this post raises a good question, and it makes me think about what kind of things I miss doing in the old builds.

After all, if we get a new elite skill, I would rather see it be something simple and easy to use in all builds, including under-water combat. Another phantasm just doesn’t seem to be what I am missing.

So I would like to have the original Echo elite skill again. Use Echo, and the next skill you use is copied, and takes its place on the skill bar. Of course the cooldown would be long and fixed, and not based on the copied skills CD.

So I could have two iDuelist, two Chaos Storms, two Arcane Thievery, etc. I could see if your heal skill, mantras and signets are excluded, but it would make for some interesting skill chains.

Win 10 64bit | i5-4670K | ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb @ 1866Mhz | ASUS GTX 970 | Kingston 240 GB SSD

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Elite Immortal Phantasm: Summon a phantasm that attacks mesmer’s target with GS autoattack style attack. Does not die upon target death but continues to swap to mesmer’s target. Dies upon exiting combat. Can be shattered. Can be targeted and killed like any other phantasm. Has 2x health of normal phantasms.

A lot of explanation I know but could be cool. Not exactly perma-pet but would fit nicely into a phantasm build, especially WvW.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

drongas.4189

I have finally fully embraced the GW2 version of the Mesmer and no longer pine for my lost GW1 abilities. But this post raises a good question, and it makes me think about what kind of things I miss doing in the old builds.

After all, if we get a new elite skill, I would rather see it be something simple and easy to use in all builds, including under-water combat. Another phantasm just doesn’t seem to be what I am missing.

So I would like to have the original Echo elite skill again. Use Echo, and the next skill you use is copied, and takes its place on the skill bar. Of course the cooldown would be long and fixed, and not based on the copied skills CD.

So I could have two iDuelist, two Chaos Storms, two Arcane Thievery, etc. I could see if your heal skill, mantras and signets are excluded, but it would make for some interesting skill chains.

this skill from lol champ leblanc?

how about transformation into butterfly for 15 second. give stability for 10 sec
skill #1 strip 1 boon. range 130. cd 1 sec
skill #2 aoe puls around mesmer , stuck 2 confusion for 2 sec every second. duration 5 sec. puls number 5. range 300. insta cast
skill #3 summon archer phantasm, shoot around mesmer barrage skill (ranger long bow 5 skill) every 3 sec. criple 10 enemy around mesmer for 1 sec. cast 1,25 sec
skill #4 heal 20 allies in 600 range and remove 2 conditions, give regeneration for 8 sec and protection for 4 sec. cast 1 sec
skill #5 detonate butterfly shell. aoe knock back enemy for 2 sec in 200 range. daze in 300 range, blind in 400 range. cast 1.5 sec

sry bad eng

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Iwant. Though, cd should be of the skill copied, with some balance exceptions, but still. Would be good elite.

Also, opposite skill would be nice. Like mimic, but u copy not just range attk, but whole skill, used on you. And it also should work like aegis. Block 1-st dmg – copy of the skill, that dealt this dmg.

It could even be signet. Passive – aegis+ copy of enemy skill used – active – copy your next used skill.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jofu.9637

Jofu.9637

Phantasmal Dragon – calls an illussionary claw of Jormag and devour ur target lol

breathes that fire will cause AoE burning and confusion and has a high HP

(edited by Jofu.9637)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

What about an elite skill that makes you look like the enemy? You get revealed the moment you start attacking them or something? It’d be op but fun.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: zelrok.3546

zelrok.3546

I would just want any persistent phantasm, flesh golem style.

Or maybe illusion siege weaponry. Maybe even clones that man them.
But probably severely reduced damage considering you could pop them up wherever.

Last idea: Illusionary Scape Goat: Summon a clone, as long as that clone is alive, you are cloaked, if he dies, you uncloak. All other uncloak rules apply (you attack, etc).

Eradon Terrace
Zelrok Saegrid (Mes)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xlll.9075

Xlll.9075

1) Skill name: Spirit; Randomly Transform the Mesmer to an illusion of any type ( iZerker, iMage, iDuelist.. ) with health of an illusion, but when dmged to 0, The mesmer get back to previous status with previous health ( similar to Necro ).

2) Skill Name: Misdirection ; an Aoe ground target spell that flip the movement direction of all enemies in circle. WASD = W left, A=Backward, S forward, D Right ( something random ) and mouse same ( left is right and right is left ). now this is mind manipulation.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Illusionary Thief
Cast time: Instant. Cooldown: 6 seconds.

• Applies stealth to itself between all attacks.
  • Uses only cloak and dagger.
  • Hits for 6,000 – 12,000 damage.

Balanced because phantasms do not have very much health, after all.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

Illusionary Thief
Cast time: Instant. Cooldown: 6 seconds.

• Applies stealth to itself between all attacks.
  • Uses only cloak and dagger.
  • Hits for 6,000 – 12,000 damage.

Balanced because phantasms do not have very much health, after all.

Not sure if trolling or just naive…

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Are those my only two choices? We have these things called “jokes” where I come from. Pay extra-close attention to the last bit. If you read all of the forums, you’ll understand.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

Are those my only two choices? We have these things called “jokes” where I come from. Pay extra-close attention to the last bit. If you read all of the forums, you’ll understand.

Then trolling. Got it. If there wasnt a big “sacrasm” in your msg, then you could have called it joke.

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Just an idea
Lyssa Phantasm , Summon lyssa that shoot lazer from her eyes when destroyed all nearby enemies take 5 stacks of confusion.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: masstershake.8792

masstershake.8792

How about a spell that on activation ur next 3 (or current 3) illusions dont disappear upon killing ur target.
Im only a lvl 29 mesmer on my first char so not sure if this seems stupid. But i would like my guys to not disappear so soon.

Or an clone that mimics ur movements. What would better define the creation of an “elite” clone than one u really cant tell the if they are fake. I know the environment would make this difficult and in pve it would need to give an agro dump to make it useful in pve

but it would make a clone elite

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I was going to suggest an elite that spawns 10 clones you can shatter but .. the lag would be horrendous! (It would be so cool though seeing an army of you run towards the enemy!)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Phantasmal Tyrannosaurus

..Too badazz, I know.
<snip>

This should be the name, regardless.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

How about

A phantasmal elementalist (working on the name) that creates an illusion that performs a firestorm. (like the Ascalonian Mages) (A fighter type illusion w/ longbow that performs warrior longbow #3 would also work)

But I think the best option is an elite that generates a phantasm (probably duelist or warlock) and 2 clones.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

either
Phantasmal Healer
or
Phantasmal Army

or both and to be traited as eitehr damage source or healing source via elite traits

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Being called a troll for having a sense of humor and posting something that was obviously not serious except to those lacking any common sense (or those who play thief; not mutually exclusive, however) aside…

I have a feeling that ANet is saving an Elite Phantasm for the first expansion. I’d also like to see an elite mantra, but I have no idea what could be done with that. Grants stability, quickness and protection? Okay self, I’m sold.

(edited by Aneirin Cadwall.9126)

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Forgive Sergoros, he still thinks his Thief is fun to fight against. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Phantasmal Copy
Summons a phantasmal Mesmer to your side, using the same abilities you do, but without being able to use your equipped Elite ability. The Phantasm shares a health pool with you, but takes significantly less damage from all attacks.
Duration: 20 seconds
Cooldown: 45-60 seconds

Before you go O.o about the CD, I agreed in that thread where someone said that Elites (across the board) need to be far far more fight-making than they are. The biggest thing is longer durations and/or shorter CDs, really.
The idea was that all Elites are inherently super-overpowered, but you can only equip one at a time.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Doppleganker – Summons a phantasm in the image of the current target. The phantasm only auto attacks, however, any damage or condition applied to this phantasm will also effect the target.

Of course, if we’re going to have a phantasm elite, we need a clone one too, so…

Divine Wind – Summons 9 clones at once which will run at the target and shatter using Mind Wrack while leaving Chaos Storm in their wake.

9 clones mindwrack would 1 shot any other player if u are a powerbuild, but i like the doppelganker

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Sergoros.4398

Being called a troll for having a sense of humor and posting something that was obviously not serious except to those lacking any common sense (or those who play thief; not mutually exclusive, however) aside…
:3

It wasnt joke :p. It was sarcasm.

Elite phantasm

in Mesmer

Posted by: JesseBensen.4817

JesseBensen.4817

I like the idea. im more a fan of mass invis myself. but we could really do away with moa morph and swap out for something like this. also id say one phantasm that does some pretty powerful aoe damage would be enough, if it spawned 3 like you said ppl would complain about it ebing op. although if they were stationary ones it would be something like an engis supply crate (spanws 3 turrets and some HP packets). could be a lot more interesting then turning someone into a moa bird, and then there would be less of the players who don’t have much Mesmer skill moa morphing someone and then shattering their face off for a quick victory.