Engineer is getting AOE Moa skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Apparently according to the AMA Livestream happening right now (Mesmer is up next); Engineer will be getting a skill/trait (wasn’t paying enough attention) that turns enemies into Moa’s…. AOE skill …………….

Everything is still open for changes though but I think it’s kinda lame if they do get it because Moa is a unique Mesmer skill and AOE is much stronger too – At least make it some kind of other transform that’s not Moa -_-

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT TT

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Looks short duration though. Still, hopefully we get AoE Moa as well. We’ll see.

in Mesmer

Fay.2735

But… but… Moa!

I don’t mind if it’s another transform but I feel Moa has been unique to Mesmer. I wouldn’t like losing a bit of that uniqueness even if it’s small.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet just broke Pyro.

in Mesmer

Fay.2735

Anet just broke Pyro.

I’m not Pyro

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet just broke Pyro.

I’m not Pyro

Hey look, an imposter.

in Mesmer

Fay.2735

Anet just broke Pyro.

I’m not Pyro

Hey look, an imposter.

Pyro is the imposter

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Anet just broke Chaos…

and I don’t even use Moa. Wtf!! Moa!? Moa tho!?! That’s Mesmer, that’s all Mesmer, and it should stay Mesmer. And if not, then we need our Moa Morph changed into something more Mesmery..

Like morphing the opponent into a clone of the Mesmer. O.o

/15 buckets of salt

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

IP

IP

IP

I came.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

IP

IP

IP

I came.

Word. Not even mad about Moa anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m totally thinking this is a massive nerf in disguise. It’s also killing clone death.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m totally thinking this is a massive nerf in disguise. It’s also killing clone death.

Killing clone death? You mean those traits they removed anyway?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

meh… same hppened with confusion.. it was ours. then evrybody had it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Heh … MM Necros just collectively sharted their skivvies. Getting Moa’d by a Mesmer was bad enough for ’em. Now, imagine AoE Moa-ness …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

The engineer version should turn people into a super adventure box Monkey.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

That would be alot better, its really lame how they pull from the other professions for the engineer and make everyone feel a little less unique instead of just giving them their own stuff

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

lol.

But yeah, Moa should be a unique mesmer thing – feels more like a “magician”.

Engineers should get a suitably themed transform – maybe turning people into holograms, steam creatures, or whatever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Clearly making Moa a Mantra is the only logical solution to this problem.

I’m sure it will be perfectly balanced.

25/90 never forget.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

guys … they said “it’s definitly not final, nor is it gonna be a moa, those are templates”. inform before discuss

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Also moa is ours, just like plague is necro’s. Its elixir x people, its suppose to copy a transform skill.

But with this our moa is probably longer and can be done from 1500 range. While theirs can probably only be done from 600 range. (Moa def gonna be a manipulation)

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Was that engi Moa skill real, I thought it was a joke, the way they presented it. AoE moa transform?

in Mesmer

Fay.2735

I did say that it was up for being changed I’m not truly raging. I was half joking, half serious. I love the super adventure box monkey idea. That would be hilarious! If they changed the transform for mesmer it should be something really cool and trollish like… Turning people into giant butterflies mwhuahaha!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

They were joking about buffing it to eternity with bigger radius etc. But I think it’s gonna be some sort of aoe “daze”. Transformation isn’t really an engi thing, at least not like this. Shrinking or becoming invisible due a potion ok, but tornado or moa is just mage stuff and not engi stuff. I hate it when they share “exclusives”. It’s also a pretty cheap design too, “we had no idea what to do”.

I also think moa is cheap. “Yea turn them into a chicken” … wow – such design, much amaze … what really would be typical mesmer would be a 10 sec curse that randomly stuns, dazes and knocks an enemy around. Dunno why ppl love moa … sure it’s troll, but rather an april joke than a serious skill.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Anet just broke Pyro.

I’m not Pyro

Hey look, an imposter.

Pyro is the imposter

The Ghost of Pyro Past is Pyro. Just a by the way… Even Pyro told us to watch the signature area to know who was who.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Anet just broke Chaos…

and I don’t even use Moa. Wtf!! Moa!? Moa tho!?! That’s Mesmer, that’s all Mesmer, and it should stay Mesmer. And if not, then we need our Moa Morph changed into something more Mesmery..

Like morphing the opponent into a clone of the Mesmer. O.o

/15 buckets of salt

I’ve always liked the idea of turning someone into a purple phantom..Imagine an Elite that makes opponent’s attacks hit their teammates for like, 3s O_o

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet just broke Pyro.

I’m not Pyro

Hey look, an imposter.

Pyro is the imposter

The Ghost of Pyro Past is Pyro. Just a by the way… Even Pyro told us to watch the signature area to know who was who.

Listen, I don’t care. They’re all imposters and I’ve issued warrants for their arrests. The noose has been tied, and the gallows are being constructed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

It is very very weird, especially since the AOE Moa is only half of the skill o.0

How about this:
“Moa morph now transforms your target into a phantasm that will fight for you, 10 seconds”

Please make it happen

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

but I think it’s kinda lame if they do get it because Moa is a unique Mesmer skill

Not really. It’s Elixir X. It’s the very nature of the skill that it imitates other classes’ elites.

In fact I remember posting a while ago that I believed Elixir X was boring while it only copied Warrior / Necro / Ele stuff, it should be expanded. Now it also functions a bit like a Mesmer elite. I like the idea of it, it’s also consistent with some other effects such as Elixir U.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

but I think it’s kinda lame if they do get it because Moa is a unique Mesmer skill

Not really. It’s Elixir X. It’s the very nature of the skill that it imitates other classes’ elites.

In fact I remember posting a while ago that I believed Elixir X was boring while it only copied Warrior / Necro / Ele stuff, it should be expanded. Now it also functions a bit like a Mesmer elite. I like the idea of it, it’s also consistent with some other effects such as Elixir U.

It’s understandable the skill imitates other profession’s elite skill. However the difference is that Engineers essentially got a upgraded version of Mesmer’s elite kill. The AoE factor alone makes it extremely powerful, if it was a short duration single target Moa, it wouldn’t be as distressful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Thats so friggin stupid. Thats like giving mesmers conjure weapons that more than 2 people can pick up. Why the hell would you do that?
“Mesmer back in GW1 was a very high skill based class, we are trying to bring that back.”
lol…

“Traits that are made baseline: Illusionary Persona, Illusionary Elasticity, Protective Mantras (gain extra armor when you cast a mantra), Phantasmal damage boost traits,Manipulation range.”

drool

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I see all these people trying to compare it to Moa Morph but the duration is so much shorter. We can morph someone for 10 seconds. They can morph a group for 2 seconds. I don’t know about you guys but I can’t imagine what a mesmer or engineer could do to a group in 2 seconds that would be game-changing. Taking a specific target out of their comfort zone for 10 seconds is a lot more useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

I see all these people trying to compare it to Moa Morph but the duration is so much shorter. We can morph someone for 10 seconds. They can morph a group for 2 seconds. I don’t know about you guys but I can’t imagine what a mesmer or engineer could do to a group in 2 seconds that would be game-changing. Taking a specific target out of their comfort zone for 10 seconds is a lot more useful.

You can’t imagine what a Single mesmer or Engi could do in 2 seconds to a group of moa?

Admittedly maybe not a lot, but when you consider that, that engi or Mesmer has a Group fighting with them that can Down a focused Moa in under a second it becomes a HUGE deal. Or that 2 seconds can be enough to get a full res or cleanse and reset a fight in your favor. It breaks rotations, more so than a stun or daze would.

AoE is always the winner, no matter how short the durations are, ruining more than one persons day will always trump screwing up 1 guys ability to fight effectively.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

You can’t imagine what a Single mesmer or Engi could do in 2 seconds to a group of moa?

Admittedly maybe not a lot, but when you consider that, that engi or Mesmer has a Group fighting with them that can Down a focused Moa in under a second it becomes a HUGE deal. Or that 2 seconds can be enough to get a full res or cleanse and reset a fight in your favor. It breaks rotations, more so than a stun or daze would.

AoE is always the winner, no matter how short the durations are, ruining more than one persons day will always trump screwing up 1 guys ability to fight effectively.

The only situations I can think of that will effectively use a 2-second aoe moa morph are those that require high levels of coordination. In my opinion, if two people are that organized, they SHOULD win. On the other hand, using moa morph on those same two people can actually turn the tide because, regardless of how good they are, they have to wait until it wears off to coordinate again. Ten seconds has a bigger potential of ensuring victory. If you’re talking about larger numbers, no amount of moa morph is going to stop a zerg. Coordination won’t work either as you’ll only be able to hit 5 people at best and they will be random.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s understandable the skill imitates other profession’s elite skill. However the difference is that Engineers essentially got a upgraded version of Mesmer’s elite kill. The AoE factor alone makes it extremely powerful, if it was a short duration single target Moa, it wouldn’t be as distressful.

That is true, although it depends on numbers and all that.

I mean, do we also get AE Moa? Will ours then also last shorter (likely)? Ours 5s, theirs 2s?
Do they get AE, we single target? Theirs is 2s?

We don’t really know, and as a result it’s very difficult to judge.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shintei.9061

Shintei.9061

I did say that it was up for being changed I’m not truly raging. I was half joking, half serious. I love the super adventure box monkey idea. That would be hilarious! If they changed the transform for mesmer it should be something really cool and trollish like… Turning people into giant butterflies mwhuahaha!

OMG! That’s what I was thinking, turning people into purple butterflies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Well master minions gonna have a field day when they get moad every 30 odd seconds.. LOL So stupid.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

I say let the Engi’s have it, and then the Dev’s can delete the Mesmer class all together.. Who cares about this worthless class anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Zerg vs. Engi team … lots of Moas running around.