For the love of God, stop nerfing mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Maybe you guys are the ones who don’t understand the playstyle and are getting mad because Anet isn’t conforming it to your incorrect notions. PvP is the one format Anet actually balances around, I think they generally know what they’re doing better than a bunch of randoms with questionable experience in the class.

You guys sound like the Smash players who complain about Sakurai “ruining” Smash by catering to casuals and making it less hardcore when it was never a hardcore game to begin with. Just because something happened to turn out the way you liked one time doesn’t mean it was intended or in conformity with the overall vision.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Veruah.5302

Veruah.5302

Maybe you guys are the ones who don’t understand the playstyle and are getting mad because Anet isn’t conforming it to your incorrect notions. PvP is the one format Anet actually balances around, I think they generally know what they’re doing better than a bunch of randoms with questionable experience in the class.

You guys sound like the Smash players who complain about Sakurai “ruining” Smash by catering to casuals and making it less hardcore when it was never a hardcore game to begin with. Just because something happened to turn out the way you liked one time doesn’t mean it was intended or in conformity with the overall vision.

I’m curious, what is Anet’s “overall vision” then for the mesmer? Unless you are actually an Anet employee posting off an Anet forum account it seems you would be right alongside of us in this “bunch of randoms.”

Also, this is a product that a business sells to customers. If a significant amount of Toyota owners were like “Hey, Toyota, we really, really, don’t like how the GPS in the new Corolla is laid out. It negatively impacts our driving experience and I am less likely to buy another Toyota automobile in the future because of this” and Toyota considered them just “a bunch of randoms” somebody would get fired. I promise you that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

So you would be fine if mesmer would become a 2nd ranger? Because it’s not far from being nerfed and being useless that much at the moment.

I fail to understand why you promote brainless spam to win over skillfull play on a weaponset that has been nerfed more than enough on a profession that is already the most broken in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Just anyone of experienced people that has posted in this thread has more hours of experience than all devs could play with the mesmer…

You’re the only one here who knows the least about this class.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

If the skill would have been fixed in the first place (the tracking corrected) there would much less discussion of this problem. The fact is Anet completely ignored mesmer’s requests to fix a huge list of bugs including iLeap and tracking and instead went and nerfed iLeap. My guess is they couldn’t fix it so they just made it even more unusable.

Also anyone claiming that this is a bug according to the tool tip needs to revisit past updates where Anet changed the tool tip to more accurately reflect the skill itself. They could have just as easily made the tool tip reflect what the old iLeap was doing which would make it no longer a “bug” which by the way was never reported by such by the community (from what I have seen) and was in the game since launch.

Lastly, this is also a huge hit to PvE especially in high level fotm. The leap clone constantly dies on mobs that move such as moss man or the Archdiviner or even just some mobs like dredge. Which in turn makes iWarden even more useless. IF he actually decides to attack it doesn’t matter unless someone else immobilizes because it will just move away. I’m sure there are several other instances of this same problem in other dungeons as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Amidst all these. I am so in love with my mesmer. <3

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I’m curious, what is Anet’s “overall vision” then for the mesmer? Unless you are actually an Anet employee posting off an Anet forum account it seems you would be right alongside of us in this “bunch of randoms.”

Also, this is a product that a business sells to customers. If a significant amount of Toyota owners were like “Hey, Toyota, we really, really, don’t like how the GPS in the new Corolla is laid out. It negatively impacts our driving experience and I am less likely to buy another Toyota automobile in the future because of this” and Toyota considered them just “a bunch of randoms” somebody would get fired. I promise you that.

I’m not the one complaining about it, I’m perfectly happy with the buffs mesmer has been getting in recent patches. You guys are the ones complaining that Anet doesn’t know what they themselves want with the mesmer, in their own game.

And hey, if you don’t like it, quit the game and stop supporting it with gem store purchases or whatever. Maybe a programmer will get fired when all the mesmer players are clearly personally and deeply offended by this massive gamebreaking nerf will follow you and someone will get fired and you can be all like “see that iLeap nerf ruined the entire game for everyone”.

Or more likely no one will care because honestly no one should care.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

^do you love your mesmer?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Powerful creative choices aka guaranteed teleport and stun break every 9 1/2 seconds attached to a weapon skill that wasn’t supposed to function like that in the first place.

I wonder if all classes got these kinds of guaranteed creative choices would mesmers be mad?

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Guan, you have a serious case of disconnect with reality. You, just like ANet devs, are simply ignoring the fact of how severe the current bugs in the class are.

I’m sure many of those who truly enjoy playing the class are still playing it. It’s just that for quite a few the iLeap fix/nerf was the final blow that broke their spirit. It’s like a relationship with an abusive girlfriend who you still love. She hurts you yet you endure it, but only to a certain point. There does come a time when you just say it’s not worth it and move on.

If you, Guan, are truly playing a mesmer atm then you are still in the honeymoon phase. You simply have not experienced enough of these bat-to-the-head blows ANet is dealing to the class with almost every patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

I would be ok with the whole “It was a bugfix because the tooltip stated you have to swap places with your clone” arguement if..

A) Tooltips have not been shown to be very unreliable and inaccurate since the release of the game

and

B)iLeap had not been functioning in it’s previous state since the release of the game.

Honestly, if you consider only what was stated in the tooltip then yes, technically it was a bugfix. The tooltip said one thing, the skill did a different thing, so they changed the skill to match the tooltip. But that is where I take issue with thier course of action. This was seeemingly done without any consideration for how this would affect mesmer gameplay. iLeap, in it’s previous state was a core component of how mesmers handled themselves and maximized their effectiveness. This is especially true in shatter builds outside of sPvP. And I get it, the tooltip said you swap places with a clone. But here is a list of various times when tooltips where updated to reflect what skills were actually doing:

•Signet of Air: The tooltip now displays the proper movement-speed increase of the boon when this skill has been activated while traited with Written in Stone.

•Spike Trap: This skill’s tooltip now appropriately displays when Trapper’s Expertise is equipped. Updated the skill tooltips to include the immobilize condition that occurs.

•Rending Pounce: This skill’s tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

•Tainted Shackles: This skill’s damage tooltip now displays the appropriate damage.

•Blurred Frenzy: •Updated the duration tooltip to indicate the actual duration of the evasion.

•Grasping Dead skill: Now lists the correct number of bleed stacks (3) in its tooltip.

•Feast skill: Now lists the correct radius (600) in its tooltip.

•Wicked Spiral skill: Now displays the correct range in the tooltip.

•Burst Skills: Damage tooltips now properly reflect equipped weapon damage.

•Elixir X: Fixed a bug where this skill’s tooltip did not reflect the cooldown reduction from Fast-Acting Elixirs.

•The Fireball tooltip has been updated to display the correct radius.

•Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.

•Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip.

•Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.

•Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.

•Icy Screech: The White Moa activated ability now applies three seconds of chill, which the tooltip now correctly reflects.

•Fear Me: Updated the tooltip to correctly state the range of the skill.

•Healing Rain: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.

•Armor of Earth: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.

•Phoenix: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.

•Ice Spike: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct amount of vulnerability when traited.

•Corrosive Poison Cloud: This skill’s duration tooltip has been corrected.

•Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.

•Piercing Shot: Fixed an error in this skill’s damage tooltip.

•Cry of Frustration: This skill’s tooltip now accurately shows that confusion it applies lasts for 3 seconds.

IMO, this is one of those times where the tooltip should have been changed to match what the skill was actually doing. It’s not like iLeap has been this way for a week or something. It’s been like this since release. There is more of an arguement that they should have just changed the tooltip. And this is aside from the whole stunbreak issue. If they had to change the skill, i’d be fine with them removing the stun break. But by mandating that the clone stay alive, that amounts to a significant decrease in usability due to how easily the clone dies. And this isnt’ even considering the fact that the skill was, and still is, incredibly bugged and doesn’t even work the way that it should a good percentage of the time. So all in all, while it was technically a bugfix, it also amounted to a big nerf to skill/weapon.

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

I’m not the one complaining about it, I’m perfectly happy with the buffs mesmer has been getting in recent patches. You guys are the ones complaining that Anet doesn’t know what they themselves want with the mesmer, in their own game.

And hey, if you don’t like it, quit the game and stop supporting it with gem store purchases or whatever. Maybe a programmer will get fired when all the mesmer players are clearly personally and deeply offended by this massive gamebreaking nerf will follow you and someone will get fired and you can be all like “see that iLeap nerf ruined the entire game for everyone”.

You don’t understand the way forum work right? People give their opinion which, as they mentioned many times before, should be listened to. You are the only one who is annoying those who give their opinion about the fix.

Which buffs? There are no buffs the last 10 patches for mesmer, only nerfs. What the kitten are you talking about? It’s kittening lame what you are doing. Just go away seriously.

Powerful creative choices aka guaranteed teleport and stun break every 9 1/2 seconds attached to a weapon skill that wasn’t supposed to function like that in the first place.

I wonder if all classes got these kinds of guaranteed creative choices would mesmers be mad?

1. Mesmer has little to no stability.
2. Mesmer has poor armor and average hp, weak to conditions.
3. Mesmer is supposed to be the master of ‘’confusion. With this I don’t mean the condition but the confusion on player. Of course guaranteed teleports, which you can rely on are 100% fitting with the mesmer class even if there is no clone to swap with.
4. No of course mesmer shouldn’t be fine with this because other skill weapon sets on other classes are actually worked out good. Unless mesmer that needs at least 3x a nerf to make it ’’balanced’’, because obviously everyone was running sword in tpvp…. ehhh.. no

You’re just like Guanglai Kangyi, kittening clueless.

(edited by BlackDevil.9268)

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

as much as i want to agree with you that this is a bugfix. The sword has been balanced with this odd behavior in mind. The behavior existed since the beginning of the game. Now, that blurr frenzy is no longer invul and the sword damge is so dawm weak. This change should be considered a massive nerf.

Mesmer wasnt designed to get hit at all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Guang I will body you in the new smash bros.

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

I would be ok with the whole “It was a bugfix because the tooltip stated you have to swap places with your clone” arguement if..

What do damage skill facts being updated/fixed have anything to do with the entire functionality for iLeap being bugged and not being what the original tooltip was intended for? These are 2 entirely different scenarios. One shows intended damage (the tooltip shows that the skill did damage) , but the damage was fixed – the functionality of the skill was intended in the tooltip though regardless of the damage not being correct in every scenario you made an example of. This is not the case with iLeap. The iLeap bug wasn’t what the tooltip intended at all, as a matter of fact, it completely was the opposite of what the tooltip intended.

A. It’s not intended to be a stun break.
B. It’s not intended for you to be able to swap clones with a clone that has already been destroyed.

Like I said, all of those tooltip examples you just quoted are meaningless because they all are correct in what the skill function does, because the numbers were incorrect has no relation to the bug fix for iLeap.

I’m really confused by your entire post all together. You tried to relate skill facts being updated/fixed to what would have to be an entire skill re-working if they were to update the tooltip to fit what the bug was allowing them to do. Poor argument on your part all together.

Maguuma

in Mesmer

blitzkrieg.2451

You don’t understand the way forum work right? People give their opinion which, as they mentioned many times before, should be listened to. You are the only one who is annoying those who give their opinion about the fix.

Which buffs? There are no buffs the last 10 patches for mesmer, only nerfs. What the kitten are you talking about? It’s kittening lame what you are doing. Just go away seriously.

3. Mesmer is supposed to be the master of ‘’confusion. With this I don’t mean the condition but the confusion on player. Of course guaranteed teleports, which you can rely on are 100% fitting with the mesmer class even if there is no clone to swap with.
4. No of course mesmer shouldn’t be fine with this because other skill weapon sets on other classes are actually worked out good. Unless mesmer that needs at least 3x a nerf to make it ’’balanced’’, because obviously everyone was running sword in tpvp…. ehhh.. no

Clueless because I’m able to accept when a bug has been fixed and not cry about it? Ok, thanks.

Everyone runs usually staff/gs in tPvP by the way, and this wasn’t nerfed because it was being abused or everybody was doing it. It was a bug fix because it wasn’t intended.

Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

Example in tpvp who is top mesmer if he says that if he would play thief he would be better usefull.. Lord helseth..
And in guild vs guild large grouping compositon deathmatch mode.. Except having veil.. All high end mesmers say all other profs can do better efficient/useful than mesmer.. in any role/mission.. ( ran and eng not included)
An these nerfs or however u say bigfixes push mesmer less efficient..
Am i wrong?
Why when i play another classes, i am more usefull to my organized geoup? Compare to mesmer? And veil boting.. is just unfair to nature of gaming..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

That’s the whole point…. Sword was already not the meta in spvp so why nerf something that is already concidered bad compared to other weapons.

Bugfix or not, it’s a really hard nerf, again, to the sword. You can’t just fix a skill by taking away the most important effect of the skill and then think it’s fine to not give any buff together with the nerf so the weapon doesn’t get thrown away instantly.. Or wait, it doesnt get thrown away instantly because we already have so few weaponsets that it’s almost impossible to even play all sorts of game modes without sword.

An unnecesarry fix too seeing the many (30+) bugs we have on mesmer that should be on a muuuch higher priority.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

I hate people that play with semantic to distract from real problems…i don’t care if you call it bug fix, nerf o what you want, it changes my gameplay in a bad way.

The weapon was already nerfed and this change ruins the weapon completly in spvp/wvw to the point that no one played it from months: now it’s time no to bug fix o little changes, but to recreate some weapon’s skills completly…in praticulary Illusionary Leap that should be similar (not the same) to Infiltrator’s Strike.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

The nerf is stupid. Its providing more counter-play to an ability that is already easy to counter and hard to land (because of bugs). It also takes away the skill play of remembering where the clone was when it died and using it later.

To put it simply they put counter play were none was needed and took away skillful play.

GG Anet.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

in Mesmer

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

I have over 500 hours on my Mesmer and never have I once noticed that you could teleport without the clone. Doesn’t seem like a “nerf” at all to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I have over 500 hours on my Mesmer and never have I once noticed that you could teleport without the clone. Doesn’t seem like a “nerf” at all to me.

That doesn’t say anything except that you aren’t particularly skilled with mesmer.

in Mesmer

medohgeuh.4650

As if I really care.

Point is, patching an exploit like this has caused no harm to the class whatsoever. The problem is more with clone life expectancy, anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

As if I really care.

Point is, patching an exploit like this has caused no harm to the class whatsoever. The problem is more with clone life expectancy, anyway.

Play against something like a good hambow warrior. After you’re done dodging pin-down, combustive shot, and you’ve blown your distortion on all the other high dps attacks he has. How do you expect to not get blown up by their hammer chain? Doing something like clone swapping off of staggering blow to recover used to work, but it doesn’t since that attack will kill the clone now!

Just because you’re a bad player who didn’t see the extreme value of something like this doesn’t mean that it was nothing but an “exploit fix”

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in Mesmer

medohgeuh.4650

So do you people have anything to say other than “ur bad lol” just because I disagree since I’ve played everything but sPvP without ever noticing you could do this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

So do you people have anything to say other than “ur bad lol” just because I disagree since I’ve played everything but sPvP without ever noticing you could do this?

u maybe just spammed sword 3 when u were using it or u didnt touch sword at all

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

That 5s difference between leap and (guaranteed) swap allowed for many creative plays in pvp, either the difference between life/death, superior positioning/kiting, or a guaranteed kill.

Now you’re encouraged to simply press 3→3 before the clone dies, which for a skill as blatantly telegraphed as ileap renders it almost completely useless, other than spawning a clone to shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

It’s not just in pvp, in a lot of areas for pve as well, even open world pve. Just that these days with the megaserver the loot is handed to you on a silver platter. Compared to the old days where if you were on a less populated server, you actually had to earn the loot by solo or small group many outnumbered fights where if you didn’t make full use of your stun breakers and have good timing on your skills you’d die pretty quickly.

So you end up with newer players like medohgeuh.4650, who never grinded the hours for practice or had the need to grind, will never come to appreciate just how important that extra stun breaker is (was) on the mainhand sword.

And judging by his attitude he’ll just blame the other person’s build being op on occasions when he gets wrecked in wvw or pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

anet please nerf Mesmer some more so I can delete mine and have no qualms with doing so

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

It’s not that you’re disagreeing, it’s that you never noticed this was possible and/or never noticed that you need it sometimes. That’s how we know that you’re either not very experienced or not very good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Coming back from Wildstar just to see that my build (GS + Sw/T Shatter) got nerfed just one more time.

Playing GS + Sc/T now, because staff freaks me out with pulling me out of stealth everytime. Let’s see how long it takes for them to nerf the rest of our weapons to ground. Even now i have GS #3 and Torch #5 which are hardly doing anything.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i think u havent played the game since headstart. i have and i played mesmer and i absolutely loved this class. i was powerful in wvw and spvp , pve was not great to level, but i loved this class. in wvw mesmers were feared cause u actually had to think before rushing in. but then the glamour nerf kicked in and all the other nerf kicked in patch after patch, taking away everything the wvw mes was. we all were still hopeful, but then bug after bug after bug came along never got fixed. stuff was broken and sooooooo many nerfs that turned mes into veilbots in wvw. spvp mes can still somewhat be ok in hotjoin, but with this new nerf(not fix) i think our patience is over.
it was the last straw for many of us.
i have switched to necro and omg finallllyy i can deal dmg in wvw and omg i can have fun, i can even run faster and omg im viable and omg lootbags…
mes is dying cause anet fails to see that we dont need ai(broken most of the time anyways) we need aoe and a clear role. ranged 1v1 class?what on earth is that supposed to be?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

medohgeuh.4650

u maybe just spammed sword 3 when u were using it or u didnt touch sword at all

No spam, and I rarely switch from sword + sword with a pistol offhand unless the situation requires.

Now you’re encouraged to simply press 3->3 before the clone dies, which for a skill as blatantly telegraphed as ileap renders it almost completely useless, other than spawning a clone to shatter.

Which is how I’ve always done it, and it’s worked countless of times in WvW roaming and PvE in general. It’s a great gap closer if you time it right.

So you end up with newer players like medohgeuh.4650, who never grinded the hours for practice or had the need to grind, will never come to appreciate just how important that extra stun breaker is (was) on the mainhand sword.

And judging by his attitude he’ll just blame the other person’s build being op on occasions when he gets wrecked in wvw or pvp.

… newer? My account will be a year old in a few days and my Mesmer was made about two weeks after I started playing the game. And no, why would I grind? What is there worth grinding for in any game, much less Guild Wars 2?

And lol no, I really don’t care about dying in WvW, nor am I a he.

It’s not that you’re disagreeing, it’s that you never noticed this was possible and/or never noticed that you need it sometimes. That’s how we know that you’re either not very experienced or not very good.

So because I don’t go into a game looking for ways to exploit the mechanics, I’m the one that’s bad? Yeah, okay.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

So because I don’t go into a game looking for ways to exploit the mechanics, I’m the one that’s bad? Yeah, okay.

So that’s what people call being creative nowdays…. sigh

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Why should you expect to swap places with a non-existant clone? Summon it and swap instantly, frenzy away then do whatever. These are not nerfs, they are bug-fixes.

Here’s the problem:

This has been possible since release IIRC, yet other bugs that actually harm the class (and there are a kitten load of those) STILL have yet to be fixed. Who the kitten fixes a “bug” that helps a class first instead of focusing on the ones that KILL the class in certain scenarios?

It’s not so much the fixing of this “bug” that is the problem, so much that of all the bugs they could have fixed, they picked this one.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

medohgeuh.4650, if you haven’t realised it yet, this game is about skill progression not gear progression. You grind to improve your skill of play. And by the sounds of things, you haven’t gotten very far. And yes you are definitely “newer”, whether that’d be literal or metaphorical does not matter.

The so called ‘exploit’ that your above posts refer to, had never been questioned by anyone as an exploit before the latest LS update, happens to be what makes Mesmer melee (more) viable in this CC heavy meta, and happens to encourage creative and intelligent skilled play. For a person who never even realised this nuance of sword 3 even existed until now, to then simply dismiss the skill as an exploit because you never bothered to try is pure stupidity.

(edited by squallaus.8321)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azo.5860

Azo.5860

There is nothing wrong with being scrub medohgeuh.. My new class ele has named Holy scrub.. U ll play how u like to play as anets slogan.. But the thing is if u read the pre posts on mesmer, bugs, ileap, etc.. U ll understand the things.. if u already read, there is nothing wrong with being Low IQ that its not choose to being as this.. But if u choose to be as this it is shown as characteristic problem/not have.. But that can ok u can be too young.. if not young as check part IQ.. Or being ignored will be better for both as mesmer.. And not knowing is not shame but not learning.. Feel free to ask instead accepting things subjectively..

Azolina – Mesmer
“There Is No Shame In Not Knowing; the Shame Lies In Not Finding Out.”

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Just because you’ve always pressed 3->3 without delay shows you most likely haven’t fought other players to high level yet. I don’t mean that as an insult, merely making a statement.

Yes 3->3 “works” against a large portion of the playerbase that you run into in wvw, because there’s a lot of upleveled and weaker players out there, but you fight a good warrior/thief/ele or any class to be honest using sw/x shatter and you will get wrecked without proper timing and use of swap, which is now no longer possible.

Edit: Getting wrecked is slightly exaggerating – of course with enough skill you can still do well in a fight with any class, but have to play flawlessly as now sw/x shatter mesmer requires by far the most skill and effort relative to every other class.

Delayed swap in pvp also allowed you to kite effectively in the smaller maps, luring other players into bad position and swapping back to superior position using terrain. Now you have to pray that the clone survives more that one second.

(edited by Curunen.8729)

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

A. It’s not intended to be a stun break.
B. It’s not intended for you to be able to swap clones with a clone that has already been destroyed.

Like I said, all of those tooltip examples you just quoted are meaningless because they all are correct in what the skill function does, because the numbers were incorrect has no relation to the bug fix for iLeap.

I’m really confused by your entire post all together. You tried to relate skill facts being updated/fixed to what would have to be an entire skill re-working if they were to update the tooltip to fit what the bug was allowing them to do. Poor argument on your part all together.

A. It’s funny that you say it’s not intended to be a stunbreak because it still is a stunbreak. You can still swap while stunned, provided you have a clone up. If Anet wanted to nerf the stunbreak aspect of it, they’d add a cast time, like they did with Infiltrator’s Return on thieves. The problem isn’t the fact that it’s a stunbreak; it’s the fact that it now depends on having a clone up.

B. It’s tough to judge intent. Let’s not pretend Anet’s intentions are consistent, persistent, or well-communicated. At the very least, it’s clear that you and I aren’t the best judges of their intent (see part A., where you misjudged the “stunbreak” intent). Reading the ambiguous wording on the tooltip, it’s very possible Anet originally intended an unconditional swap, but now changed their minds.

C. Intent isn’t that important here. There are plenty of circumstances where Anet prioritized balance over original intent, whether that involved changing a skill completely or merely updating the tooltip. The fact is that, in this situation, Anet nerfed mesmers. The disagreement here is about whether or not “bug fix” is a legitimate justification. Many posters, myself included, don’t think that justification holds up simply because Anet has reworked so many other skills and completely changed their intent in the interest of balance, and this nerf was unwarranted.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Illusionary Leap is a bit pants to be honest with it’s inconsistant and unreliable behaviour, it’s biggest issue is the fact that it gets trapped or bugged on uneven terrain, terrain which to most of us looks fairly level and flat.

I propose Illusionary Leaps clone appear at the target instead of travel with a small channel time and reasonably easy to see channel animation. This would fix it’s buggy and quite frankly extremely unreliable mechanics as a gap closer compared to any other proffesion’s gap closers, All of which work….

Would also be nice if Blink was more consistant aswell in this respect aswel.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

the problem is mesmers are over powered in small scale stuff ( maybe a lil bit, like perplexity mesmers with perplex runes) and yet , not very good at large scale stuff.

And PU condi/power played right is probably the best 1on1 spec in the game.

IN fact, confusion is a little overpowered, nerf confusion, and that fixes most of the ‘Mesmer is op’ . Its not so much mesmers as condition damage from confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Veruah.5302

Veruah.5302

the problem is mesmers are over powered in small scale stuff ( maybe a lil bit, like perplexity mesmers with perplex runes) and yet , not very good at large scale stuff.

And PU condi/power played right is probably the best 1on1 spec in the game.

IN fact, confusion is a little overpowered, nerf confusion, and that fixes most of the ‘Mesmer is op’ . Its not so much mesmers as condition damage from confusion.

This is a joke, right? Is this like that time I almost fell for an Onion article being real news?

…right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I find it nearly an auto win to 1on1 on my Mesmer when im condi speced in PU.

that said, its not very useful for like 15+ man groups running in wvwvw.

What im saying is that mesmers are HARD to balance, more so than most classes (except maybe thief).

They are real standouts in small groups/solo, and fade into background in big groups.

In fact, you could read what im saying as they need a buff to there ability to be relevant in big fights.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Confusion has already been nerfed big time, and glamours with it.

The only legitimate thing that can do with a nerf is the boon quantity and duration provided by PU.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

PU condi is still good, a tad too good when paired with PU, honestly. But shatter on the other hand has received nothing but nerfs since release for nearly 2 years straight now.

Now that we don’t even have a reliable (well, it wasn’t really reliable to begin with) immobilize and 1 less stunbreak, it’s gotten really, really hard to not just say “screw this” and be done with it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

I wouldn’t say shatter build has received nothing but nerfs. I bet it’s the only build from the release that still is going around. Very few changes, iLeap is the biggest nerf to the traditional shatter build, but since few months ago, GS/Staff shatter has become more popular.

The problem is the metagame has taken a direction where shatter build suffers a lot.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I think mesmers are on an odd position:

The lack of understanding implied by Anet’s handling of the class and the stupidly long list of unaddressed bugs would make me want to kill myself out of shame if I was a Dev at Anet in charge of classes in any way. Literally, not exaggerating. I take my own work very seriously and if this were my work product I would want to kill myself out of shame.

On the other hand, just spec PU and you can run around in WvW pretty much dominating all comers up to maybe 1v3.

So you have a horribly handled class with lots of legitimately frustrated players, but that also still has plenty of people playing at a pretty casual level enjoying themselves just fine and often times roflstomping large numbers of other players. Granted this is not in sPvP, just WvW roaming. I’m not arguing that mesmer’s aren’t getting nerved or anything idiotic like that, just saying that it’s not totally cut and dried that mesmer’s suck, because often, excluding really high level play, you can find a few different specs and that still play perfectly fine and are quite strong.

Personally I play GS/Staff and I still run around feeling very strong having a great time, but then again I’m not trying to hit the max level of competitive play on here. Experiences like mine are an odd match to threads like these, so maybe it makes it a more confusing issue for people to really see how badly mesmers need attention.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i think the big problem is indeed that it does depend on how u playthe game. if u like roaming and 1v1, yes there are multiple build options for u and mes can be very frustrating to fight which leads to lots of people thinking mes is powerful.
but there is many other game modes like tpvp and wvwraiding and there all those nerfs and bugs kick in at a way different level. that bugged iwarden that could maybe have reflected that killshot or the ileap that could have downed that zerker thief. all the ai that dies instantly in aoe and us not being able to contribute anything else than veil,portal tw to a zerg….
we all experience this on different levels. also depending on what groups u run with. if u have a massive zerg u run with, u might never notice all these issues that much, but if u zergbust every single move is important. the bugs make it more rng and often lead to death.
i ran with a zergbusting guild and trust me all i was able to do on mes was veil and then try to stay alive while others get loot. well yes u might think u are important, but not really as the enemy has adjusted to that kind of gameplay and is infact expecting that veiled attack.
switching to necro actually made me have fun again as i could deal dmg, less bugs and actually feel like i do something.

so yeah the people that like ganking and 1v1 stuff will most likely not agree with me saying that mes is in a terrible terrible state, but once they start nerfing our 1v1 stuff u will see how it feels when with every path 1 by 1 something gets taken away that made u strong.

for us it was glamour,chaos armor, blurred frenzy, confusion, blinding befuddlement, underwater weapon aa that started the wvw mes viability falling apart. all the bugs made this even worse and trust me we all waited since glamour nerf for some aoe dmg coming back to mes or at least something that would help the competitive wvw raid mesmer. it hasnt, instead there were more nerfs and bugs…so yeah i understand everyone who rerolled.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

RIP Mesmers.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Everything BlackDevil said, RIP iLeap. The only way it MIGHT work is to swap ASAP, even then it’s got like a 50% working chance with the terrain / pathing bugs.

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock