Fury Witch Mesmer Roaming Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJAWBFlptINOqhatRSNCTf/vSyhgS+tB-T1xHwA9U+N4RA4VXgq9HAcFA0r+DTlgAA-w

This build is a subtle change from my previous Might Witch GS/Staff Mesmer build. You still get good might stacks while having Fury almost all the time which you will share with your allies. You use staff for added support and escapes, but primarily will solely use your GS in a fight for damage. This build a lot of fun for wvw solo or small groups and I have been able to down three enemies trying to kill me without PU or Shatter. You have little invis in this build which is what I wanted, but added toughness and escape from Staff and you have to become optimal using Blink. You will moderately chip away at your opponent even without i-berzerker simply by having almost roughly 30% extra damage from fury and stacks of might—which is an attempt at maxing out power and burst.

Weapons: GS/Staff
Gear: Berzerker
Runes: Superior Rune of the Pack (6)
Sigils: Energy + Battle on both weapons
Food: Meat & Truffle Stew
Utilities: Deceptive Decoy, Mantra of Resolve (or aoe for groups), Blink, Time Warp
Traits:
Domination: Empowered Illusions, Greatsword Training
Dueling: Phantasm Fury, Far-Reaching Manipulation
Chaos: Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Bountiful Interruption

Small version—Open up with Staff for toughness and escape and engage enemy, you will probably get hit with at least one condition in any fight, which is good for Fury using Pack Runes with a 25% chance which almost always procs in a fight. When you get fury—roll out and GS I-berzerker while maintaining distance with blink or decoy and pew pew. Keep an eye on conditions and make sure to recharge your mantra right before you blink. I’ve been using Time Warp in sink with my blink to get a lot of damage off at distance to get that extra burst. You wills start to see in prolonged fights that you have almost perma fury, as each stack increases fury duration plus any and all damage you take is likely to proc fury.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,
Graey

Self Is The Emblem All

(edited by Greyalis.2309)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

if possible, dont post the build (not instructions) in text format but w this:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

its rly sometimes a pain (for me, idk for others) trying to read the build, especially if u dont know all the trait names(newer players), ofc they could just check on their own what trait it is, but mostly they wont due to beeing lazy

i was trying pack runes for some time, in my shatter build, the fury was great but, i just cant roam w anything besides speed/traveler runes anymore~

note: i am not trying to be offensive w the first part of my post, just stating my thoughts about text format builds

as well , i hate it when ppl got their build in a video but not in describtion/quicklink for build

~

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Greyalis.2309

Yes, I posted it this way for now because I am on a work computer and gw2skills is blocked lol.

I will work on a link soon don’t worry.

I understand the frustration while not having traveler runes also, but hopefully you will be with a small group and can get swiftness for which pack runes will give you duration boon. If anything you have blink which is now on shorter cd and further reach to travel, and also chaos storm can give you swiftness more often than not.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Mesmer

Greyalis.2309

Or if you could be a doll and post link for me! =)

I hate videos too because they take too long, unless I need to see how they play.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Mesmer

Greyalis.2309

Self Is The Emblem All

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hey, ya may wanna put the build link in your original post. =P

Also, have ya tried Superior Runes of Rage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I can’t agree with using far reaching manipulations over deceptive evasion, especially with only one manipulation being utilized. Perhaps if this was tailored to zerging/small group battles it would be more appropriate, but deceptive evasion is just too strong (and some might say necessary) trait to pass up for roaming purposes. Your energy sigils will work really well with deceptive evasion too. You’ll generally only be able to open up with two phantasms, so you shouldn’t really have to worry about popping your phantasms with dodges.

I’m also not sure you’ll get very good mileage out of bountiful interruption. Maybe if you can lock them down in a chaos storm it could do quite well, but I suppose it might end up working quite well if you get involved in a group fight, or are just killing NPCs in a supply camp. Still, you could redirect 10 points to dueling to pick up deceptive evasion, or take harmonious mantras so you could get more condi clears. Alternatively, compounding power or mender’s purity in illusions and inspiration, respectively, could perhaps offer you some more reliable benefits than you could get from bountiful interruption.