HELP WANTED: Mesmer Guide Update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yo!

So its time for a pretty big overhaul to Lyssas Grimoire, and I’m hoping to edit and expand upon everything in it. Such as

• Making information easier to find and more informative ( /cough Mesmer build archtypes. How to shatter sections)
  • Updating all skills/traits to match current patch notes
  • More funny Mesmer quotes from around the forums
  • More videos
  • Overhaul to the PvE section
  • I.. Uh.. I just really wanted to add another bullet. I’m sure there’s something else needs fixing.

So any and all help, links to threads or videos or if anyone has something they want to write to add to the guide, would be massively appreciated! If you see something you wanna edit, quote the page and make yer edits and post em here. Thanks again!

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

• I.. Uh.. I just really wanted to add another bullet. I’m sure there’s something else needs fixing.

This sort of gives me an idea. Perhaps putting down few bugs that has been plaguing mesmer for years and some hurdles to get around that? (eg. stuck bug where emote would help). I know there isn’t much hurdles but nonetheless helpful.

Though I know bugs look yucky on guide lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

This is a good idea. For one thing, I’ve always wanted a complete list of where Mesmer reflects can be used in dungeons and fractals.

I’ll help comb through some of the wording you have on the guide, too. For example, for Illusionary Invigoration, shatters are recharged when you are hit BELOW 50 percent of your health, not at 50 percent. It’s actually a bigger difference than it sounds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I’ll still be continuing my videos despite the pause which is due to illness (that kitten thing is still on me..) so if you want to add that..
Good thing is I’m getting a lot of ideas for future videos and have been working on everything I can do (pretty much everything minus the commentary)

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Don’t you want to wait until HoT? :/

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Don’t you want to wait until HoT? :/

Well look at it this way, it will already be a massive overhaul to update the guide. However, if we update the guide before HoT release then we only have to make some (minor) changes – as in to any skill changes that occur to our original set. Then we can just tack on a new section for the HoT major changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

If noone minds I’ll be updating the skills and perks to current patchnotes and will have a look at the PvE section (has to wait until tomorrow afternoon thoug)
I’d also might need someone to read over it correcting my english :P

ADD:
Chaos I guess you should also add a whole new section for the Chronomancer (maybe not yet). I’ll be loving to help there too!

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

(edited by Me Games Ma.8426)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I love you guys <3

Even you, colesy, wherever you are.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Even you, colesy, wherever you are.

who is that? :o

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

• Making information easier to find and more informative ( /cough Mesmer build archtypes. How to shatter sections)

the leveling guide might use some love (you mentioned PVE, not sure if it’s included)

also, the WvW section is marked as “under construction”, maybe that’s why we don’t see many mesmers in wvw ^^

(nah, I know that is because we’ve been pretty much useless in big fights for more than one year after the glamour/confusion nerf up to september balance patch and we sorta fell off the wvw radar)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Honestly, while I like the idea of updating my leveling guide, I will be waiting to see how Traits 3.0 are going to work first.

And to be fair about leveling right now, my guide would be like:

Step 1: Create a mesmer.
Step 2: Go to EotM and follow the zerg.
Step 3: Profit.

I realy hope ANet will get the fun back into leveling with Traits 3.0, otherwise I will just delete my guide and write something like:

“Wait till you got enough tomes of knowledge and insta-level to 80. Good luck and have a nice day.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: birdmb.9765

birdmb.9765

Honestly, while I like the idea of updating my leveling guide, I will be waiting to see how Traits 3.0 are going to work first.

And to be fair about leveling right now, my guide would be like:

Step 1: Create a mesmer.
Step 2: Go to EotM and follow the zerg.
Step 3: Profit.

I realy hope ANet will get the fun back into leveling with Traits 3.0, otherwise I will just delete my guide and write something like:

“Wait till you got enough tomes of knowledge and insta-level to 80. Good luck and have a nice day.”

Sad but true.

There are several (and amazing) guides in this forum, but i found lazy kai´s the easiest to follow for a new player. I learnt a lot from your guide. Thank you very much.

And of course, thanks for all the members in this forum (mesmer forum) that spend time making such nice guides. Mesmer forum is for sure the richest Anet forum in terms of content (of course, IMO).

Maybe that´s why i love the mesmer: I have made it to 80 through the “hard” way. No eotm, no TofK. Also, as a mesmer, i learnt that we cant just face tank foes.. that´s make us think twice before just skill spamming. I see a lot of people saying “lvling a mesmer is a pain”. For me it was a very pleasant activity. And after some time, trying other classes, i felt happy for choosing mesmer to be my first character in this game.

i´m sorry for my bad english, it´s not my mother language.
/wave